• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 4,753 Views, 36 Comments

Changing perspective. - Phoenix Kitten



Things aren't always as they seem

  • ...
11
 36
 4,753

A few days later...

Twilight was exhausted when she finally reached the city limits to Canterlot, the trip had been long but uneventful, which she was grateful for.
She looked up at the capital of Equestria. The city she had once called home, stood a gleaming beacon of white marble built into a mountain side.

Twilight allowed herself a fanged smile and trotted forward to the pair of guards at the city gates.

"Halt!"

"Who goes there?"

"Twilight Sparkle, student and niece of Princess Celestia, younger sister of Captain Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and wielder of the Element of Magic, captured during the siege of Canterlot and turned into a Changeling, briefly brainwashed, since deprogrammed and still loyal to the diarchy of Equestria."

The younger guard stood there stunned,jaw agape as he struggled to process all the information.

The older guard simply rolled his eyes and cast an identification spell over the purple Changeling before him.
"Everything checks out, welcome back to Canterlot miss Sparkle. Will you be staying long?"

"With any luck, not this time. I've simply come to warn the Princess's of a possible impending Changeling invasion upon a town bordering Canterlot, please alert my brother and have him sent out to escort me around the castle. I do wish to brief him on what he may be up against." She ordered as she trotted through the gates.

"Right away Lady Sparkle." The guard acknowledged before he trotted to a radio linked to the guards barracks. "Captain Armor, Captain Armor. Please report to the city gates to escort a ViP to the castle."

The response was nearly instantaneous. "This had better be something more than just a visiting celebrity this time." the voice sighed. "I'm getting kind of annoyed being dragged away from my wife all the time when I'm supposed to be off duty."

"Apologies sir but this ViP asked specifically for you."

"I'll be there in about five minutes."

---

True to his word, Captain Shining Armor was at the gate 5 minutes later. "Alright. Where is this so called ViP?"

"Waiting just over there sir." The rookie pointed to the insectoid equine sitting on the bench waiting.

"You let a Changeling into Canterlot?" Shining Armor asked, stunned disbelief creeping into his voice. "I thought the Princess's orders were clear!"

"And I though my older brother was a kinder superior to his troops." Twilight said as she stepped into the light to show off her purple chitin.

"Twily? Oh Twily it's you!" Shining Armor exclaimed as he galloped over and hugged his little sister. "Ugh... it feels weird hugging you now. Can't you shapeshift into what you used to look like?"
The Captain of the Royal Day guard got a light smack upside the head from his younger sister for that remark.

Comments ( 13 )

This has been niggling at the back of my head for... quite a while now.
so fine.I guess I'll continue it. :twilightsheepish:
As much as i am ashamed of this story for how bad it is compared to some of my other ones (though it's not as bad as Armored Core fore Pony.Sheesh,I totally dropped the ball on that one.). It's one I can update regularly because it's chapters are small.
So yeah.Uncancelled.

So yeah.Uncancelled.

:yay:

Wait it was cancelled :twilightoops: well at least you're still writing it :twilightsheepish:

Yay!:yay:
This is very excellent!:pinkiehappy:

YAY ITS UNCANCELED!!!!! i take back saying you are a douchebag:twilightsmile:

Yeah, really thin slices of life...
Keep going! ;)

Update regularly my ass!!:flutterrage::flutterrage:
Those slices of life are too thin.... And there's not enough of them.

RC

Great story. The vylin seams to be a changling changling hunter. (*yes a changling who hunts changlings*). And this is a allaround great story.

If you're still writing it then how come there hasn't been a new chapter for a year and a half?

-:heart::derpytongue2:

UNCANCEL THIS THIS SEEMS INTRESTING AND I'M NEED FOR MY CUROSITY TO BE GONE!!!! (I know the last part makes no sense but that is just me and my typing:derpytongue2:)

I love this story:heart::twilightsmile: hope to see more in the future:derpytongue2:

Wait canceled.... u know I can give u some ideas at idea helper if u want.

"Twily? Oh Twily it's you!" Shining Armor exclaimed as he galloped over and hugged his little sister. "Ugh... it feels weird hugging you now. Can't you shapeshift into what you used to look like?" The Captain of the Royal Day guard got a light smack upside the head from his younger sister for that remark.

And then a guard killed her on reflex so the story is cancel

Good story too bad it's canceled still.

Login or register to comment