• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 4,754 Views, 36 Comments

Changing perspective. - Phoenix Kitten



Things aren't always as they seem

  • ...
11
 36
 4,754

In plain sight.

The citizens of Ponyville all gathered back in the town square after their quarry had disappeared and talked amongst eachother.

"Did anypony get her?"

"Where did she go?"

"She just vanished into thin air."

"She could be disguised and among us right now."

"I doubt it, she was probably just a scout."

"But what happened to the real Twilight Sparkle?"

The crowd parted as somepony pushed their way through the masses, shoving a little purple and green figure to the ground in the middle of the town.

"Oof. Watch the scales would you? I just polished them, last night." Spike complained as he lifted himself up and dusted his legs off. "I would have followed you if you'd asked."

"It's the dragon!"

"Somepony grab him so he doesn't run off!"

As the crowd moved in, a small purple dome surrounded him as a blue unicorn trotted forward and looked over the crowd.
Her white mane stood out against the night sky as the sky blue streak that ran around the edges of her mane and tail waved in the wind.

"I found this one trying to make a break toward the library." The mare announced as she scanned her purple eyes across the crowd. "What say you fellow Ponyvillians? Shall we let him go, or see if he's been indoctrinated by the Changeling?"

The towns ponies fell silent.

"If we let him go, he may be able to help us find our missing librarian." She stated.

The crowd nodded and murmured in agreement.

"But wait. If he is indoctrinated, he'll lead us into a trap!" Somepony added in.

The townsponies all glanced at the dragon and murmured amongst eachother.,

"You have thirty seconds to come to an agreement before I let him go." The mare added.
She counted down the seconds as the towns ponies talked amongst themselves to reach an agreement.
"5"

"Well we need his help..."

"4"

"No way, we can't be sure he wasn't brainwashed."

"3"

"Well. We could just use the methods the changeling showed us."

"2"

"No way, we can't be sure if they were even legit."

"1"

"Dammit."'

"Time is up." The mare announced before teleporting the dragon away, folllowing suit shortly after.

---

The dragon and mare reappeared at Sweet Apple Acres and smiled.
A purple flame roiled over the mare as Twilight dispelled her disguise. "I didn't think that would actually work."

"I can't believe they forgot what Trixie looked like already." Spikes said disbelievingly.

"Ah can't believe you actually agreed to do that meetin' " Applejack fixed the changeling with a hard stare.

Spike stood infront of Twilight. "Don't blame her, Pinkie sprung it on her and never gave her a chance to say no."

Applejack made a face. "That Pinkie. Ah'll have a word with her later." Her expression softened. "Feel free to stay the night Twi. You can head back to the library once things have calmed down."

"Thank you Applejack," Twilight sighed with relief. "Stupid Blues."

"What did mah farmhoof do?" Applejack asked.

Spike folded his arms and glowered. "She had him up to act as her assistant throughout the meeting, at the end he pushed her to the ground and bolted out the door."

"I lost my concentration and my disguise fell away." Twilight hung her head. "I really need to get around to enchanting something so that I can just put it on and it will automatically disguise me."

"Ah'm sure Rarity could give you a necklace or somethin' you could use." Applejack suggested.

Twilight smiled and nodded.

"We'll also need to make it look like you were captured and tied up in a closet or something." Spike added.

Applejack chuckled. "Maybe get that enchanted necklace first sugahcube."

Twilight nodded. "I was thinking the exact same thing."

"Now come along you two. We have a spare room in the attic that y'all can use." Applejack ordered before she started trotting towards her house.