• Published 3rd May 2016
  • 1,570 Views, 23 Comments

Scootaloo's Life - RuinQueenofOblivion



Follow Scootaloo as her life goes through many changes, some good, some bad, all will culminate in one life changing event.

  • ...
4
 23
 1,570

Birthday Surprises

11 Years Ago.

Four years had passed since Rainbow had adopted Scootaloo, they had their ups and downs, but they were still happy together. Scootaloo yawned as she got out of bed, she sniffed the air, there was a smell like something was burning.

"Mom!" She shouted and galloped out of the room and downstairs. Rainbow Dash was running around the kitchen, trying to cook. "Uh, what are you doing?"

"Oh hey Squirt, I was trying to make breakfast for your birthday, guess I messed it up," Rainbow said sheepishly. It figured really, she was the best flyer in Equestria, but she couldn't cook to save her life. "I wanted to surprise you."

Scootaloo couldn't help but chuckle, today was her 15th birthday, she had no doubt that Pinkie Pie had something big planned this afternoon, that crazy Pony always threw her a big party.

"Uh-oh, that's not good..." Rainbow said suddenly, Scootaloo looked up to see the pan start to overflow with pancake batter. Soon there was a huge mess left in the kitchen. "Maybe I shouldn't cook anymore..."

"Yah think?" Scootaloo said with a giggle as they started cleaning up the mess. Her birthday was off to a great start, but at least she got to spend time with her adopted mother.

00000

The party was great, Pinkie Pie certainly didn't disappoint this year. Scootaloo was having a great time, the last of the guests were arriving. Scootaloo was shocked when she saw that it was Celestia and Luna.

"Princesses... its an honor..." She said with a bow. "I wasn't expecting you here."

"You don't have to bow to us my dear, its your birthday," Celestia said with a smile.

"Yes, happy birthday, Scootaloo," Luna said. "We were visiting today, and Twilight suggested that we come to the party."

"Well, I'm glad you came," Scootaloo said. "Umm, I should go back to the party, have fun."

The two Princesses watched the Pegasus teenager head back into the crowd of Ponies, and they exchanged glances.

"You really should tell her, Tia," Luna said. "She deserves to know the truth after so many years."

"She's still just a child, no matter what she's gone through," Celestia said. "I'll tell her, someday, when she's ready."

Luna frowned at her sister, she could recognize the pain in her sister's eyes from long before she had succumbed to Nightmare Moon. They had only learned the truth a few years ago when Luna stumbled across one of the filly's dreams by accident.

"Besides, I think she's about to have other things to deal with," Celestia said with a smirk. "Come on, lets get some punch."

Back with Scootaloo, she was talking with Diamond Tiara when Rainbow Dash came up with a nervous looking Fluttershy close behind her.

"Hey Scootaloo, can we talk to you?" Rainbow asked.

"I'll catch up to you later," Diamond Tiara said and headed off.

"What's up?" Scootaloo asked as she looked between the two older Pegasi.

"Well, umm... you see..." Fluttershy said in her usual quiet voice. "Maybe... you should tell her Rainbow..."

"Well, Scootaloo, me and Fluttershy, we've been..." Rainbow said, the usually confident Pegasus was suddenly very nervous. "We're dating."
Scootaloo blinked, she certainly hadn't expected that. "For how long?"

"Umm, about a month..." Fluttershy said. "Are you okay with that, Scootaloo?"

Scootaloo wasn't even sure what to say, she just hugged her adopted mother and her marefriend. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

The three Pegasi shared a hug, and there was a feeling like this was a start of something wonderful.

Author's Note:

So, what's the secret that the Princesses are keeping from Scootaloo? Well, that's a secret I'm keeping from you guys too, you'll find out later.