• Published 17th May 2016
  • 5,248 Views, 66 Comments

I Found Love: Discord and Twilight (Rewrite) - MLP Fangirl



Discord. The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. He couldn't possibly understand what love is, right? Well, with a little help from a purple princess, he's going to understand it perfectly.

  • ...
3
 66
 5,248

Unshore Feelings

It was happening more and more frequently. The first few times he just ignored it, but at this point, it was pretty much impossible to ignore.

And, Discord didn't exactly like it.

Whenever he was around the Princess of Friendship, a warm, tingly sensation would spread throughout his body.

Discord wanted to blame the mild summer weather, but he knew that it was something different.

And, not the good kind of different. Well, it was, but he didn't quite realize it yet.

And, above all, he was enjoying Twilight's company far more than he ever had before. The pony who he thought was a total organizational freak, turned out to have a chaotic side all of her own.

And, the way she so fervently stood up for him, something within him appreciated that more than he cared to admit.

He found himself blushing occasionally at the princess's kind words towards him. And, any direct contact between them sent a pleasant chill down his spine.

And, being the great Spirit of Chaos that he was, these warm and fuzzy feelings he was feeling couldn't have been anything good.

But, what exactly was he feeling?

Well, he couldn't worry about that today. He had a beach to get to.

-----

"Let's see. Sunscreen?"

"Check."

"Towels?"

"Check."

"Umbrella?"

"Check."

"Snacks and drinks?"

Spike chuckled, "Like we'd forget that. Check!"

Twilight giggled, "Indeed, Spike. And, pail and shovel?"

Spike held both of the items in his claws, "Check. And, I'm planning on making a big castle this time. I can't wait to get to Atlantrot City! We haven't been to the beach in forever."

Twilight nodded, setting her checklist down, "It has been a long time. It'll be nice to feel the warm shore breeze again."

Spike grabbed a pair of sunglasses and placed them on his head, "Yeah, I know. And, with all our friends there, we're going to have a blast."

"A blast indeed." A familiar mischievous voice echoed throughout the throne room.

Having already identified the newcomer, Twilight merely rolled her eyes, "Hello, Discord."

With a pop, Discord appeared before the two, decked in the traditional beach wear. Sunglasses adorned his face. An orange Haywaiian shirt covered his brown furry chest.

Discord set his glasses on his head, having them rest atop his mismatched horns.

"Aw, how'd you guess it was me?"

Spike scoffed, "Believe me, it's pretty obvious."

Twilight smirked, raising an eyebrow, "Besides, only you would invite yourself into somepony's place without permission."

Discord put a finger to his chin, "I didn't know I needed permission to enter your castle. Is this a recent law?"

Still maintaining her smirk, she replied, "I might just make it one for you."

Discord placed his hands on his hips in a mock-offended manner, "You wound me, Twilight. That wouldn't be very princess-y of you, now would it?"

Twilight chuckled, "No, I guess not."

Discord chuckled back, noticing that her sense of humor had improved dramatically. Perhaps she wasn't such a big stick-in-the-mud after all.

...No, he couldn't think about that now.

Discord cleared his throat, "So, Alantrot City, eh? What a way to spend such a wonderful day!"

Twilight nodded, grabbing her saddlebags with her magic and setting them on her back, "I couldn't agree more. Actually, we should be heading to the train station now to meet the girls."

Spike scurried up onto her back, adorning a large bag on his own back. "How long is the train ride, Twi?"

Twilight shrugged, "Only about an hour. We'll be there in no time."

Discord raised his paw, "I could just teleport us all there."

Twilight sent him a disapproving glare, "Must you accomplish everything with magic?"

Discord raised an eyebrow, "And, you don't?"

Twilight opened her mouth to speak but found herself unable to think of a comeback.

Spike covered his smirk with a claw, "He got you there, Twi."

Discord crossed his arms triumphantly, doing nothing to hide his smirk, "Well said, Spike. So, is teleporting a yes?"

Twilight sighed, "No. Discord, you don't have to teleport everywhere. Do you see me teleporting everywhere?"

Discord let out an exasperated groan, "Oh, fine. No teleporting. But, Her Royal Snootiness should be traveling in style. Why not ask for a royal chariot?"

Twilight set a hoof onto her face, "No chariots, Discord. I'm not completely comfortable riding in them, and besides, there's only room for me. We're taking the train. No exceptions."

"Way to be a real joykiller, Ms. Sparky. May I at least teleport to the station? It'll save us time, and I know for certain that you enjoy being punctual." He looked at her with a knowing smile.

Spike nodded, "He's got a point, Twilight."

Twilight simply rolled her eyes, "Fine, whatever. Sure, Discord."

Discord grinned, flourishing a furry finger. "Off we go." With a quick snap, the three disappeared from the throne room.

-----

Not too long afterwards, the group boarded the train, preparing to reach their destination.

Pinkie, with a flowery lei around her neck, bounced excitedly in her seat next to Fluttershy.

"I love the beach. I love it almost as much as I love fudge! And fudge is really good. Do you think they have fudge on this train? I want fudge!"

Rarity sat with a mirror levitating in front of her. Her mane was in a ponytail, and a large summer hat adorned her head.

"Pinkie, calm down. I'm sure we can find some fudge on the boardwalk. Oh, I simply can't wait to go boardwalk browsing. The little shops and stands always sell the cutest of items."

Fluttershy smiled, "May I join you? Angel's birthday is coming up soon, and I want to get him something."

"But, of course, dear. The one thing I love more than shopping is shopping with my friends." Rarity beamed, setting her mirror down.

Applejack leaned back in her seat, "I don't know about ya'll, but ah'm looking forward to relaxin'."

Rainbow Dash held up her surfboard, "Not before we catch some waves, A.J. I want to see you get wiped out."

Applejack scoffed, "Like that'd ever happen."

Twilight smiled, putting a hoof around Spike, "I'm just glad we'll be able to spend time together. There's nothing I like better than hanging out with you girls."

Discord cleared his throat, "And, what are Spike and I? Spoiled oats?"

Spike crossed his arms, "Eh, I've gotten used to it. At least there's another guy in the group."

Twilight looked at both of them and smiled, "And, of course, I enjoy spending time with you two. You are just as important to me as the girls. You're my friends after all."

Discord looked away, a blush threatening to form on his cheeks, "Oh, come on, you're just playing us. Your words are too kind to be true."

"And, they are. If you're my friend, you are important to me. And, since you are my friend, Discord, you are are important to me."

Discord smiled, once again feeling that strange warmth, and somehow he didn't entirely mind it.

"Arriving at Alantrot City Station. Please gather your belongings and swiftly exit the train. Have a wonderful day."

"Last one in the water is a moldy tomato!" Pinkie quickly ran out of the train car, leaving behind a trail of pink smoke.

"Hey! If anypony's gonna be a moldy tomato, it'll be you!" Not a moment after, Rainbow dashed out of the car, attempting to reach the ocean before her pink friend.

The others exited the train in an orderly fashion, not caring about getting to the water first.

-----

The group reached the beach. It wasn't terribly crowded. Ponies were scattered here and there, some in the water and some in the sand.

Twilight took a deep breath, "Ah, smell that salty sea air. Don't you just love the smell of the beach?"

Rarity shook off her sand-covered hooves, "It certainly is wonderful. Although, I could do without the burning, hot sand." She levitated two pairs of lavender hoof shoes out of her saddlebags and placed her hooves in each of them.

"Now, that's better."

Discord floated on his back, his sunglasses resting on his eyes, "Lucky for me, I have an advantage."

Twilight raised an eyebrow and smirked, flapping her wings and hovering over to his side, "Not really, you just don't have to flap your wings. Well, I guess I don't have to either." She folded her wings to her side, lit up her horn, and began levitating in place.

Discord scoffed, "Show off."

Spike pointed to a spot near the ocean, "Twilight, can we set up over there?"

"Sure thing, Spike." She floated back down to the ground.

Rainbow Dash grabbed her surfboard, "Ready to catch some waves, A.J.?"

Applejack took her hat off and hoofed it over to Rarity, "Rarity, hold onto this fer me. Ah don't want to get it wet."

Rarity levitated the stetson next to her, "But, of course. And, while I'm shopping, I'll look into exchanging this for something much more glamorous."

Applejack huffed, snatching her hat from Rarity's magical grasp, "On second thought, Spike, take care ah this, wouldja?"

Rarity gawked, "Why, I'd never."

Spike grabbed the hat and offered the country pony a salute, "You got it, Applejack."

Rainbow Dash groaned, "Ugh, enough yappin'. Race ya to the water."

"You're on."

Just like that, the two ponies rushed to the water, each claiming to be the victor, not realizing that they had tied.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Well, we better get our things set up."

With that being said, the remaining ponies set up their belongings and were ready for a relaxing day at the beach.

-----

"I'm going to look for hermit crabs, " Fluttershy set down her saddlebags and reached inside. She took out a small container with a small hermit crab inside.

"Hermione has been feeling lonely, so I'm going to try to find a friend for her."

Pinkie clapped her hooves together, "Oh! Can I come with you? I love hermit crabs. They're so cute in their little shells."

Fluttershy rubbed her neck, "Um, I suppose so. Just be gentle with any you find. Hermit crabs are very sensitive creatures and must be handled with care."

"You got it. So, come on, Fluttershy, Hermy! Those crabs aren't gonna find themselves." Pinkie, without any warning, grabbed onto her yellow pegasus friend and zoomed off to locate some crustaceans.

Rarity sighed, "And, there go my shopping partners." A smile quickly spread across her face, and she turned to the little purple dragon holding a pail and shovel in his claws.

"Spikey-wikey, would you like to accompany me for a quick round of shopping?"

Spike slumped slightly, "Oh, well, I wanted to go build a sandcastle."

Rarity frowned, about to give him the pouty lip, but Twilight intervened.

The alicorn merely shook her head.

Rarity reluctantly complied, levitating her sunglasses onto her head, "Oh, all right. I suppose I could use a little sun. I shall wait for Pinkie and Fluttershy to return. Go and build your sandcastle, Spike."

Spike grinned, "Okay. You coming, Twi?"

Twilight nodded, "Sure thing. Discord, would you like to help us?"

Discord, who had been lounging in a beach chair in mid-air, looked down at her from his seat, "Help you build a sand castle? I could make one with one snap, with a built-in security system and indoor plumbing."

Spike gasped in delight, "Really? That'd be - "

A quick hoof from Twilight kept him from finishing his sentence.

"I was thinking of doing it without magic."

Discord raised an eyebrow. With a flash, he reappeared in front of the pony and dragon, bending down.

"All right. If you are prohibiting me from using magic, I think it only fair if you don't use it either."

Twilight's eyes widened for a split second before narrowing in determination, "Very well then. I won't use my magic." She held out a hoof to shake.

Discord returned the gesture by offering his lion paw to shake, sealing the deal. "Okay, let's see if the famous Princess of Friendship can manage to do something without the use of her precious magic."

"I was about to say the same thing. Minus the whole Princess of Friendship bit."

Spike stomped a foot in aggravation, "Are we actually going to build a castle, or are we going to spend all our time talking about building a castle?"

Twilight smiled, patting Spike's head, "Of course. Let's get to it."

-----

Discord stared at a mound of sand that lay before him.

He pointed to it with a talon and turned to Twilight, "Remind me again how to make this look like anything without magic?"

Twilight groaned, "Discord, are you even trying?"

The draconequus placed his hands on his thigh, "What does it look like I'm doing?"

Twilight rubbed her face with her hoof, "Okay, well, you're not going to turn that into anything without something to hold it together." She turned to her dragon assistant, "Spike, go fill this bucket with water."

Spike grabbed the handle, "Three-quarters up?"

Twilight grinned, "You got it."

Discord squinted at her, "You are such a nerd."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Spike, go."

Spike then scurried off to the ocean and returned not a minute later with the water.

He set it down gently to avoid the water spilling, "There. Now, I actually feel like going for a swim."

Twilight looked at him, "Would you rather build a sandcastle or go swimming?"

Discord waved him off, smirking, "Go swimming, Spike. I hear the waves are extra feisty this time of day."

Spike glanced at the ocean. He could make out Rainbow Dash and Applejack on their surfboards, riding on waves at least seven feet tall.

Spike gulped, "On second thought, maybe I'd better stay and help you guys."

Twilight didn't know if Discord was trying to persuade him to go or dissuade him not to. She decided not to question it.

"All right, let's get started. You listening, Discord?"

Discord rolled his eyes, "Yes, Miss Twilight, I'm listening."

Choosing to ignore that, Twilight grabbed the bucket with her hooves and poured its contents onto the sand below.

"Sand by itself will not stick together. But, when you add the right amount of water, " she molded part of the sand to form a small hill, "you get great results."

"I didn't know math was involved in sandcastle building. Makes me want to skip out." Discord stared blankly at the tiny sanddune.

Spike waved a claw in dismissal, "That's really the only part. If it were me, I'd fill it all the way. But, Twi's method always seems to work."

Twilight gave a proud smile, "As it should. Now, the next step: grab the bucket and scoop up all of the moist sand." She did exactly that.

"Scrape off any excess sand from the top with your shovel and make sure the top is smoothed out because the top is actually your foundation."

She took the shovel and did as she just instructed. "See, nice and smooth."

Discord looked at bucket wearily, "I didn't realize how complicated building a sand castle is."

Spike shrugged nonchalantly, "It's really not. Twilight's just making it sound harder than it actually is."

Twilight glared at her assistant, "I am not. I'm just explaining it in the clearest possible way."

"You call that clear?"

Twilight hit Discord with the shovel, "Shush you. Anyway, set your bucket down like this..." She set the bucket down with its top against the sand and its bottom facing upward.

Discord held up a paw before she could explain any further, "You know, Twilight, it may not seem like it, but just so you know, I am smarter than I look. You don't have to explain this to me like I'm a kindergartener."

Spike nudged the alicorn, "He has a point, Twi."

Twilight scoffed, "Well, sorry, I didn't think I'd have to teach anyone how to build a sand castle."

Discord raised an eyebrow and his eagle claw, "With one snap, I could turn this heap of sand into a mansion."

Twilight's eyebrows furrowed, "We are not using magic, Discord."

"Party pooper."

"Who's a party pooper?"

Twilight, Spike, and Discord jumped at the new voice that popped into their conversation.

"Pinkie Pie? What are you doing?" Twilight shook off some sand from her wings.

"I just came by to see what you were doing. Flutters, Rarity, and me are heading to the boardwalk for some delicious fudge-y goodness. We'll bring some back for you. Have fun!" Pinkie bounced back over to Rarity and Fluttershy.

Twilight shook her head, "Anyway, let's finish this up." She turned back to the pail and patted it on all sides

Carefully, she removed the bucket. And, lo and behold, a large mound of sand had been formed.

Discord narrowed an eye, "That doesn't really look like a castle."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Well, it's not done yet. But, this is where I let Spike take over. Spike, the floor's yours." She hoofed the shovel over to Spike.

Spike licked his lips, "All right. Stand back. I need elbow room."

Twilight giggled, trotting over next to Discord and sitting next to him.

Some strange part of Discord wanted Twilight to scooch closer, but his mind quickly repulsed that idea.

About ten minutes later, Spike had finished, and the mound of clay now looked like a decent castle.

Discord stared at it in a scrutinizing manner, "Hmm. Not bad. It's not much, but it's not bad."

"You can always add onto it." Twilight smiled at the castle, "But, this is really good, Spike."

Spike beamed, "Thanks, Twilight. Can we go in the water now?"

Twilight stood up, "I don't see why not. Discord, care to get wet?"

Discord chuckled, "If anypony's going to get wet, it's going to be you."

Twilight levitated Spike onto her back, "Oh, so that's how you're going to play? Last one to the water is an overgrown grapevine!"

"What?"

Without saying anything more, Twilight charged towards the water.

Discord smiled, enjoying this playful side of Twilight. He decided to let her think that she would win.

When she neared the ocean, Discord simply teleported to the water, appearing right in front of her.

Twilight skidded to a halt, raising a hoof in front of face to avoid getting splashed, "Hey, no fair."

Discord shrugged, using his tail as a motor to move about in the water, "Hey, you could've teleported, too. It's totally fair."

Twilight smirked, narrowing her eyes, "Well, let's see if you call this fair. Spike, splash the enemy."

Spike shared her smirk, "With pleasure."

Before they knew it, a splashing war took place amongst the three of them.

Their trip to the beach ended well.

And, throughout the entire day, Discord kept experiencing a strange, new feeling.

But, what was it?

Author's Note:

Before you ask, yes, ponies can surf.

Anyway, here's another chapter for ya. I'm on summer vacay now, so I have tons of free time. Plenty of time to write.

What is Discord feeling? Well, we all know. Stay tuned to find out if he will, too.