• Published 17th May 2016
  • 5,243 Views, 66 Comments

I Found Love: Discord and Twilight (Rewrite) - MLP Fangirl



Discord. The Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. He couldn't possibly understand what love is, right? Well, with a little help from a purple princess, he's going to understand it perfectly.

  • ...
3
 66
 5,243

Thoughts

Author's Note:

Hi, all. For those of you who haven't seen my most recent blog post, this a major rewrite of my Twicord story. And, I mean, major. So many things are going to be taken out and added, I can't even count.
So, I hope you enjoy this new version of I Found Love: Discord and Twilight.

Also, the events of Castle Sweet Castle don't happen in this story.

It had been nearly a month since Tirek had been imprisoned.

One month since Discord had joined sides with the escapee from Tartarus.

And, once again, Discord was trying to get used to the many disapproving glares that ponies would send his way.

Just when they were finally starting to get used to him, he betrays them all for that magic-stealing centaur.

To put it simply, he was back to where he was prior to his reformation.

The only difference now was that he was actually sorry, and he was willing to change and take his reformation seriously.

All thanks to a certain Princess of Friendship.

-----

Discord lounged in his thinking tree, trying to come up with something to do.

"Now, let's see here. What to do, what to do?"

He summoned a glass of strawberry milk.

Discord smirked, "It's nice to switch things up from time to time." He took a sip, actually drinking the liquid instead of the glass.

Once the glass was empty, Discord looked at it disapprovingly, "You know, I think I'd have preferred the glass, now that I think about it."

He tapped his fingers together, "Okay, now I'm bored. And boredom is something of which I will not put up with. What to do?"

With a sigh, he teleported back to his home.

He flopped onto his floating couch, laying down on his stomach.

In front of the gravity-defying couch, a small mushroom-cap table floated into his line of sight.

On that table were several pictures: one of him and Fluttershy, a group photo of the him and the Element Bearers, and one more.

Discord grabbed the last picture. It had been taken on the day that he had pretended to be sick to mess with Twilight.

A blue Discord had his arms wrapped around Twilight and Princess Cadence. Each princess bore a look of annoyance.

Discord chuckled, "Oh, that was a fun day. To think that Little Miss Bookworm went all the way to the ends of Equestria for me. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside."

He blinked as he processed what he had just said.

"Did I really just say 'warm and fuzzy?'"

Another Discord appeared next to him, "Yes. Yes, you did." As quickly as it came, it vanished.

Discord sat up, "Oh, sweet chaos! I am going soft. That's not a good sign. But, still..." He snapped his fingers, causing his half of the locket he had awarded Twilight to appear.

"I wonder if she kept the other half."

-----

Twilight and her friends stood in front of what remained of the Golden Oak Library.

A sad feeling of nostalgia crept into each pony present as they recalled wonderful memories made at this particular library.

Twilight sighed, wiping a tear from her eye, "It's hard to believe that it's already been a month. One whole month since..." She choked back a sob, covering her face with a hoof.

Rarity walked up next to her and wrapped a hoof around the weeping princess, "Oh, I know, darling. We all made wonderful memories here."

Applejack chuckled sadly, taking her hat off, "Yeah, we sure did."

Fluttershy looked up at the burnt-up library, "I can't even begin to imagine how I would feel if my house was burned up."

"Buuuuut," Pinkie jumped, wrapping her hooves around Rarity and Twilight, "now, Twilight has a brand, spanking-new castle." She pointed a hoof towards the Palace of Friendship, the crystal spire at the top beautifully reflecting the sun's rays.

Rainbow Dash swooped down the ground, "Yeah, plus we got the Cutie Map. That's something."

Twilight sighed, "I guess you're right. But, it still hurts."

Spike hugged the alicorn's legs, "It's okay, Twilight. I miss the library, too."

Twilight smiled, lowering her neck over Spike, "Thanks, Spike."

She looked up.

"Well, we're certainly not going to get anything done if we continue dwelling on the past. Let's do what we came here for. See if you can find anything not completely burned to a crisp."

With that, the six mares and dragon split up, scouring for anything salvageable.

Fluttershy poked around at a large pile of ash. She squinted her eyes at a small bump among the ashes, indicating that something was buried under it.

She dug through the pile, coughing every once in awhile. Eventually, she spotted something.

She hauled it out of the ashes, "Oh, Twilight. I found your horse bust."

Twilight glanced over at Fluttershy. Her eyes widened at the sight of the not-totally-destroyed, horse-shaped piece of wood.

"Oh, wow!" Twilight levitated it over to her, inspecting it. "I didn't think this would survive. I guess it's a good thing I decided to move it up to my room. I don't think my room received the brunt of the explosion. Sure, this is a little chipped around the edges. And, I probably can't get it to stand straight anymore, but still, it's in good enough condition. Nice work, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy beamed, "Happy to help."

Applejack waved away some dust that was being created with her hat, "I'm surprised there are thangs in here that aren't completely destroyed."

Rainbow Dash blew away some ashes with her wings, making it land on Rarity, staining her pristine white coat.

Rarity let out a horrified shriek, "Rainbow Dash! Oh, do you know how long it'll take to wash this off!? I look FILTHY!"

Rainbow scoffed, "None of us are exactly beauty queens right now either. Just shake it off. You can spend two hours in the bath when we're done."

The slightly blackened unicorn turned her head in an offended manner. For retaliation, she kicked a pile of ash in Rainbow's direction.

Rainbow yelped as some of the ashes entered her eyes, "Oh, so you don't like being dirty, but you're willing to play dirty?"

"GIRLS!"

Everypony turned towards the alicorn.

Twilight snorted, "We're never going to get anything done if you continue to bicker about meaningless things."

"Meaningless?" Rarity raised an eyebrow.

A quick glare from Twilight silenced Rarity instantly.

The Princess of Friendship took a deep breath, "Now, if you all are done, we can get back to work. It shouldn't be too much longer."

Begrudgingly, the quarreling mares called a truce and went back to searching.

Pinkie hummed a tune to herself as she looked through piles of ash.

"La la la. La la la. La la la - Huh?"

A small glint of light caught her eye. She looked around, trying to find the cause of it.

Eventually, she found it. It was slightly buried under a pile of ash, mixed with pieces of glass.

Pinkie excitedly dug through the pile, being careful not to cut herself, and not too long afterwards found what she was looking for.

"Oooh. Hey, Twilight?"

Twilight poked her head over another pile of ash, "Yes, Pinkie? Did you find something?"

Pinkie held up what looked like a locket. It was a bit rusty and charred on the edges, but one could make out its shape: one half of a heart.

Twilight levitated it closer to her. She squinted at it, trying to make out the picture.

Once she did, however, she wasn't so sure she wanted to keep it.

"Well, what is it, darling?" Rarity trotted over, looking cleaner than she had a few minutes prior.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "You girls remember the day Discord was pretending to be sick?"

Applejack scoffed, "How could we forget? Ah couldn't stop sneezin'. That dirty snake played us."

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes, "Yeah, and if that wasn't bad enough, he ruined your day with Cadence."

Twilight nodded, "While all of those are true, it turned out that him faking sick was just a test to see if I was still his friend. If I am to believe him."

Pinkie bounced over next to Twilight, "Didja pass?"

Twilight shrugged, "Well, according to him, I did. He made me and Cadence drag him to the ends of Equestria for a cure that he didn't need. And, I guess that was proof enough of our friendship. He gave me this locket as a 'reward.'"

Fluttershy smiled, "That was nice of him. But, where's the other half?"

"He has it. Or, at least, I think he does. I don't even know why I kept this. " Twilight was about to throw it back into the ashes, but something made her stop.

Rarity raised an eyebrow, "What is it, darling?"

Twilight took a closer look at the locket.

She smiled, thinking back to the day she had received. "You know, if Discord hadn't given me his little 'test,' Cadence wouldn't have gotten the thrill and action that she had been wanting. And, oddly enough, Cadence and I became closer because of it."

Applejack squinted an eye, "So, what're ya saying? Are ya actually grateful that Discord ruined your day?"

Twilight chuckled, "I guess in a way I am. And, while I don't appreciate how he wasted my time tending to him, it all worked out in the end. Plus, in the end, he actually did get sick. I'd say he got his just desserts."

"Dessert!? Where?" Pinkie looked around for dessert.

Twilight raised an eyebrow but shook her head at the pink mare.

Fluttershy flew over to her, "See? Discord isn't as bad as you girls make him out to be."

Twilight nodded, "For once, I agree with you, Fluttershy. He's actually a lot of fun, once you get used to the whole reality-warping and physics-breaking."

Spike crossed his arms, "And, you're okay with him breaking the laws of physics?"

Twilight shrugged, "Why not? I deal with Pinkie every day."

Pinkie grinned, "You got that right." She winked.

Twilight giggled, "So, I'm going to keep this. I mean, I'm the Princess of Friendship. And, as the Princess of Friendship, I need to lend the hoof of friendship to everyone and everypony. Discord is no exception."

Applejack sighed and chuckled, "Well, Ah guess we ought to try make friends with 'im, too."

"Ugh, do we have to?"

Fluttershy furrowed her eyebrows, "Rainbow Dash."

Twilight put a hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder, "It's okay, Fluttershy. You all don't have to like him, especially after what he did. But, if you could, put the past behind you. There's nothing you can do to change it. Discord knows that full well, and it's going to take time for ponies to start accepting him again. The least we could do is to let him know that there are some ponies who don't hold what he did against him."

Rarity flipped her mane, "That's a pretty tall order, when you think about it."

"I know it is. And, it doesn't have to be right away. I myself am going to keep a close eye on him. He could have another relapse at any moment, and we need to be ready just in case. But, if we offer him our friendship, the smaller the chance of him turning on us again."

Pinkie grinned, nodding her head, "Makes sense to me!"

"Ah guess you have point there, Twi. But, ah still don't trust him."

"And, you don't have to. What he did has definitely fractured the trust I had in him. But, I think this time, he's genuinely sincere. And, we need to be supportive."

Spike poked Twilight's leg, "Uh, why are we still talking about Discord? I'm getting hungry. Are we done now?"

Twilight looked around at the objects they had managed to salvage.

She nodded, "Yeah, I think we're done here. How's the Hayburger sound? My treat."

Rarity walked over to the alicorn and wrapped a hoof around her shoulder, "That sounds delightful, but I simply must teach you some manners, Twilight. A princess must be elegant and know proper etiquette, and no offense, dear, but you could definitely use a refresher."

Twilight blushed, "I'm not that bad, am I?"

Spike nudged her, "You kinda are."

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Okay, whatever. Let's drop this stuff off at the castle, then we'll head on over."

With that being said, the ponies and dragon headed towards the Palace of Friendship.