• Published 27th Apr 2016
  • 3,283 Views, 36 Comments

Lunar Month - LoZLttP13



Luna takes a month off of her Royal duties to court Twilight.

  • ...
20
 36
 3,283

A Lover's Confessions

Twilight laid with her chin upon Luna's hoof, breathing slowly as she smiled. They were sitting before the fireplace in the Golden Oak Library, quietly enjoying their last night together before Luna had to return to Canterlot. The crackle of the fire was soothing, and Luna took simple pleasure in seeing its light shine on Twilight.

However, Luna was a bit anxious. She knew she had to speak to Twilight, sooner or later. It wasn't good for relationships to have secrets; that much she knew. She could either return to Canterlot with the memory of this month and the vague possibility that she'd be able to do something like it with Twilight again, or she could take the gamble for a more serious relationship with her.

Luna had been thinking it over endlessly for the past few days, and over the last hour she had been settling on her final decision. When she at last settled on her choice, she gently nuzzled Twilight with her nose. "Twilight," she said softly.

Twilight's eyes fluttered open, then she smiled up at Luna. "Yes?" she said.

"I have something I must tell you," Luna said.

Twilight could tell by Luna's frown and her tone that the subject would be heavy, so she said, "What's wrong?"

"Before we continue our romance," Luna said, "there is something you should know. I shall tell you, and after I do so you are free to walk away and never speak to me again if you please."

Twilight grew a little worried. "What is it?"

Luna turned to gaze out of the window. "Twilight, can you imagine what it must be like to be immortal?"

After a moment, Twilight said, "I imagine it's often heartbreaking."

"Yes, very much so," Luna replied. "You mortals are a bit like snowflakes; as much joy as you might bring us, you vanish in moments. You are not the first girl I've loved, Twilight; there have been many before you, and I'm sure many will follow."

Twilight was blushing intensely; she had just heard Luna very nonchalantly tell her that she loved her. However, Luna soon followed it with, "And in fact, you are not now the only one who has my heart."

Twilight stared at Luna, finding herself less surprised than she thought she might be. Luna continued, "During my courtship with you, I have been only with you, however. Nonetheless, I will tell you now: I intend to continue my romance with my lover, and if you take objection to it you are welcome to no longer be mine."

After a few moments, Twilight smiled. "I'm alright with it," she said quietly. "I understand what it's like to love more than once."

"True though that may be," Luna replied, "you may take issue with the identity of my other lover."

"Why's that?" Twilight asked curiously.

After gazing at Twilight for a moment, Luna closed her eyes, breathed deeply, and said, "Because I share my sister's bed."

Twilight stared at Luna for a moment, then burst into laughter. Luna said confusedly, "What's so amusing about it?"

After Twilight's laughter had subsided, she said, "Because I'm in love with her too. And not only that," she said with a sly smile, "I also have a pretty good idea of what it's like."

"How so?" Luna asked surprisedly.

"Because I'm also in love with my brother and my sister-in-law."

Luna blinked. "Prince Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza?"

"Yeah," Twilight laughed. "Maybe it's because I always spent all my time with them, but yeah, I've been in love with both of them since I was little. I don't think I'd be alright with either of them marrying anyone else but each other, because I know that both of them are amazing and will be as sweet to each other as they were to me. Besides, what's the point of being jealous of both of them?"

Twilight laughed again, but it was a little sad this time. Luna gazed at her for a moment, then tears began streaming down Twilight's face. "I always want things I can't have," she said softly. "I want my teacher, my foal-sitter, and my brother. I can't have them, though..."

Her voice trembled a little as she whispered, "I thought that I would always be alone..."

Luna gently embraced her. Twilight wept into her chest for a while, then looked up at her to see her smiling. "Dry your eyes, sweet Twilight," Luna said kindly. She kissed her, then said, "Never give up hope. You never know what might happen. Besides, I'm here for you."

Twilight swallowed. "You- you think that-"

Luna quietly shushed. "Do not worry about it for the moment, dear Twilight. In time, you shall know."

Twilight made a small, tearful smile. "Okay..."

Luna kissed her forehead, then said, "Come, let us sleep."

Twilight nodded, then trotted with Luna up to her bed.

As Twilight fell asleep wrapped under Luna's wing, Luna smiled again down at her. "Your destiny is a most happy one," she whispered to her. "You will realize more of your dreams than you realize..."

Comments ( 8 )

How much did the cover art cost you?

I :rainbowderp: okay then... that answers that question....

Full disclosure, I'm not big on incest in general, but these particular pairings are an occasional weakness of mine, largely because I don't look them up much. And Twilight and Cadance? If something happened to Shining I would totally ship them.:pinkiehappy: (Of course, I think the same about Shining and Rarity if something happened to Cadance, but that's neither here nor there.)

At least Twilight and Luna are still happy together.

7346718 Nothing; my friend made it for me.

7347073 I'll do a RariTwi fic eventually; don't worry. :twilightsmile: I'm glad you seemed to enjoy this fic, though! (P.S., Princess Bride FTW :pinkiehappy:)

...and I just noticed the Complete tag.:rainbowderp:

*dances on hooves* oooooo i want more of this story so much!! please oh please oh please make more

I would feel more comfortable if Twilight was an Allicorn or there were hints of Twilight becoming an Allicorn but nope.

Login or register to comment