• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 276 Views, 0 Comments

The Red Curse - bennygrey



Blood will be spilled and stupidity will take course. Survival and Murder, Sanity and Actions. Read this Tale of a poor soul and a Bloody Curse. I do not own cover art

  • ...
 0
 276

The past and Terror Strikes

Time 10:00 PM
Location: Volgograd, Russia

It was like any other day the birds are chirping and the sky is a bright blue. I was walking through the streets of Volgograd lost in thought of this historic city. Its hard to imagine this used to be ruble and dust compared to its modern state. Its funny really this was a turning point in the Second World war but now everyone here just continue there daily life like it never happened. As I walked on I thought of my wife and daughter back in the States I wish they could have came with me on this Business trip but my daughters education is important I suppose. The tunes from my ipod kept playing while the life of the city continued on. The Business I was working for wanted me to go to the meeting in Volgograd because I was a minor but important asset "kind off a S#@!y way of putting it" I murmured to myself of the words of the CEO assistant. The meeting was supposed to be at Hampton Hotel at noon.

My Train of thought was interrupted when a siren wailed into the streets. People dropped what they were doing and Proceeded to run screaming to shelter they can reach, I myself was caught in the wave of fear that took over. I taken refuge in the subway station with many others while the sirens wail was heard above ground. The sound of the terrified and the crying of the young filled the station all the while I was listing for what put all of us in this subway. Then I found out what it was and it made me realize this shelter we took up in would be our grave. Gas floated down the entry of the station the people I was in here with began screaming and jumping onto the tracks and ran to escape it and I joined them with the thought of what my daughter would do if I was to perish and the anguish it would put Delilah in I couldn't bear to think of it and wouldn't when the blood red gas came slowly down the other end of the tunnel. The Women screamed for fear of death and for there children with them the men angry that they cant save there loved and broken knowing what's coming. I knew this was the end soon it will reach us and it will end. Soon enough it dead its effects quick and caused the most HELLISH pain I could feel my eyes Burned along with my lungs and throat my skin felt like broken glass was being forcefully rubbed into it. we all dropped to the floor gaging from the blood filling our lungs. the last thing I saw was a father a mother and a baby boy leaning on the wall from me dying a painful death and all I heard was the music of my iPod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 8:30 AM
Location : Canterlot Staff of Defense East Wing

Reports of Magic Surge Has Been Located In Changeling Territories Reports Predict Secret weaponorInvasion Force Troops will be Dispatched to defuse the situation and contain the Magic Source Awaiting Debriefing upon Return.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time ???
Location ???

The Aching the god forsaken aching was all I could feel as I regained my bearings all I see is blue blur. I blinked once then twice as my vision cleared and could see the morning sky or I presume it is as I sat up to see my surroundings. The aching subsided and a burning began to take its place. I tried to breath but no air entered I panicked grabbing my throat trying to make the sweet oxygen enter my lungs but it was for naught as my vision began to blur again a voice spoke "Ahhh the vessel arrived but every vessel needs a captain and I am that captain" soothed the voice, suddenly a precise pain began on my forehead and grew till it felt like a someone was driving a pike into my skull. my vision grew dark and like that the pain was gone but the burning stayed and so did the dark vision. I sat up all i can see is the darkness but a faint white outline of the landscape, Suddenly a buzzing began filling my ears as i turned to see a few Red Blotch in the distance closing in fast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was not like any other to Illicit and his squad of loyal changelings. They are on a hunt for a rouge drone who stole a powerful artifact that the excavation drones dug out of a buried tomb. The artifact emitted intense power and Chrysalis wished to use its power to defeat the Twin Princesses but the rouge swiped it and escaped before anyling knew what happened. and now here they were hunting a rouge all across the land. But the sudden appearance of lightning startled the group and drew there attention since when does lightning strike the same place three times in 5 seconds? We rushed there as quickly as changeling possible but to see a creature never seen before. we formed attack patterns cause the hive could use more food sources. As we launched towards the thing its features came to focus. It was bipedal and jet black with faded red lines over its whole body the features ended there as we closed in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blotchs moved close enough that i could smell them and It made me feel somthing i didnt expect it made me feel Hungry as soon as the tought came to mind i lost control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we were a hairs lenth away it turned into a red mist that we went straight through it and plwed into the ground. we picked our selfs up from the dirt to face our target "what load of s-" was abdom was able to say before a black tendral tore through his thick chiten. The Tendral withdrew out of his chest and slipped back into the ground. We toof of from the ground to avoid the the same fate to find the being from before was gone and so was abdom's body we couldent fathom what just happend but we couldn't get close to the ground. The red mist seeped out of the ground and rocketed towards us before we could react. the mist got into our eyes and mouths and began the most painful feeling any living thing couldent indure such pain. before the darkness took hold i saw the thing with a bloody apendege deep in thorax's back.

Author's Note:

Helpful criticism is welcome and needed
please enjoy

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment