• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 1,108 Views, 18 Comments

MLPU: Iron Mare and Spider-Mare - TheInvincibleIronBrony



Iron Mare and Spider-Mare team up against the scheming Vulture

  • ...
2
 18
 1,108

Prologue

“You’re fired Mr. Tombs,” Blueblood told the older stallion standing on the other side of his desk.

Avian Tombs, a stallion with a green coat and darker green mane, stood in shocked silence for a moment as Blueblood stared back at him. “But sir, I’m making progress the flight suit prototype is almost ready. I just-”

“What am I going to do with your flight suit when Hammer tech already has a better designed one on the market?” Blueblood interrupted, glaring at Avian. “It’s taken you six months just to start working on the prototype. Now I find out we’re too late. Our competition, if they can be called that, have beaten us to the punch and I find myself short one hundred thousand bits with no results.”

“Sir I-” Avian tried to interject only to be cut off again.

“You’re too timid Mr. Tombs. Look around you,” Blueblood said gesturing to the office they stood in, several expensive looking decorations, an extravagant furniture set and a mini bar. Awards and photos of Blueblood with important political figures lined the walls. “I didn’t achieve this by wasting my time on a stallion who’s too hesitant to even try to win a race,” Blueblood said, looking at Tombs with disappointment.

Tombs glared at the floor, unable to meet his boss’ eyes. “I didn’t realize I was competing with anypony,” He replied, an edge to his voice.

Blueblood rolled his eyes. “We are always competing. Well you aren’t anymore. You’re fired. Clear out your desk and leave the building or I’ll have security do it for you. You have an hour. Good day,” Blueblood said, shooing Avian towards the door as he picked up the phone and dialed a number.

Avian left the office quietly, figuring it would be better to just give in than try to fight the owner of the building he was in. After all few went up against Blueblood and won. The only company bigger than his was Dash Industries and they were being run by Iron Mare. What chance do I have against him? Avian thought to himself as he walked away from Blueblood’s office.

////////////////////

Avian pushed open the door to his apartment, nearly dropping the box of belongings he’d been keeping at work until now. Avian sighed as he spotted several envelopes on the his door mat as he walked in. Over due bills, most likely, he thought to himself, kicking his door shut and walking past the and walking to his living room where he set the box down on the sofa and clicked on the lamp.

Avian nearly jumped out of his skin as he spotted the silhouette of a pony standing in his kitchen. “Who… Who are you?” he asked, his voice shaking. “L-leave now or I’ll call the police,” he demanded, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat.

“There won’t be any need for that,” the pony, a mare from the sound of her voice, replied. “I’m told you lost your job today. You have my sympathies,” she continued, her tone flat.

Avian glared at the mare. “H-how do you know about th-that?” he asked, wondering if the intruder was armed and if it was safe to make a break for the phone on the coffee table a few feet away.

“I have sources. My ears in Bluecorp also mentioned you’ve been working on a flight suit, much like the one Hammer started producing,” the mare said.

Avian glared at the mare. “It’s not the same!” he shouted, forgetting for a moment he could be in danger. “They use thrust and lift like a plane. My design works off of an electronic muscle system, mimicking a bird,” he explained, reigning in his temper.

The mare tilted her head. “I see. It’s a shame you couldn’t finish your work. I could have used something like that,” she said. Avian was unsettled by the mare’s words, unsure why she would be interested in something that was already on the market. “I don’t suppose you were able to hold onto your designs?” the mare asked.

Avian’s eyes narrowed. “I… I have them,” he said, his curiosity getting the better of him. “Why do you want my design?” he asked, suspicious of the mare’s intentions.

“Not just the designs. I want the flight suit… and you,” she explained.

Avian was baffled. “What do you want with me?” he asked, fearful of her intentions for him.

“I have a job that needs to be done. If you help me, then I’ll help you get back at Blueblood for turning his back on you,” she told him.

Avian was definitely listening now. “What kind of job?” he asked.

“An agent of mine was captured and I need him disposed of,” she said flatly, not even trying to be subtle.

Avian gulped. “You… want me to kill somepony?” he asked, hoping this was all some cruel joke. It wouldn’t be the first time a co-worker targeted him.

The mare laughed, a cold, emotionless laugh. “It’s only a matter of time until someone does it. He’s made a lot of enemies and I can think of plenty of potential employers who’d be interested to see him gone. Most probably just want a shot at his fortune,” the mare clarified. Avian was still conflicted and it showed. “Work with me and I’ll make it worth your while. Someone should benefit from all of this. Why not you?” the mare questioned, as though they were discussing buying a lottery ticket.

Avian considered his options. Even if he did refuse, this mare might kill him anyway. If she got him the resources to make his flight suit first, then he might be able to get away. “Your sure no one will care about him?” he asked, having no desire for blood thirsty family members to start hunting him down.

The mare laughed again, sending a chill down Avian’s spine. “Trust me Mr. Tombs. His enemies are just waiting for him to die. Circling him like vultures.”

Author's Note:

So I'm gonna do another short story while I'm stuck on other things. Mostly doing this one cause it's the only other story I have set up. None of the other heroes are really available, what with being stuck off world, frozen in ice or otherwise on the run. Come to think of it, I really don't have many characters to work with yet.

Meh, what ever.

Anyways. This story should be a few chapters. Not really trying to do anything super amazing with this one, just sorta having fun with it.

Til Next time. Stay Tuned.