• Published 15th Jun 2016
  • 9,728 Views, 466 Comments

(DA1) First There Were None. Then He Arrived - Davids Archivist



David didn't think they were real. He was wrong. All seemed to be going well until he was accused of stealing a princess' magic! Now he's confined to a room in Canterlot castle. What will happen to him?

  • ...
65
 466
 9,728
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 36 )

I need a sequel now =D

7808345 same here * LOOKS TO AUTHOR* "HOW FAST CAN WE DO IT"

Wow this was long. Not as long as other story's but damn dude! I loved it! Keep up the great work!

And now we wait for the sequel.

I hope you aren't being meta and saying you're giving the story to someone else to write. I don't think anyone else would do it right.

So... you turned him anthro? Dunno how I feel about that, to be honest.

Fun little galloping story. Look forward toward the sequel.
And from the diary of Sergeant Rough Cox:

Somehow, the monster still lives!
We guards must prepare....
The princesses...and ALL of Equestria....depend upon us!

Oh,so he is a pony....I stand corrected....

Fuckingfurries

7809076
To properly clarify, David is not a pony. However, since all of his magic came from them, turns out his magic is a pony. The two have yet to meet.


7808818
See above comment reply. Does that mean he's anthro? I would disagree. He's still human flesh, blood, and spirit but now he has magic that is [a] pony. Let me know if that makes him anthro or not, and if somehow I have to make that obvious in the story somewhere.

7808769
Now, I'm confused. Please pick a number (or two?)
#1. Discord wrote DA1, but he's not going to write DA2. (Is that bad?)
#2. I actually wrote DA1 and will continue to do all the writing. (Is that also bad?)
Also, if you picked #1, I think that means I was being meta (in the Epilogue). Who knows? Meta is a dumb word because I don't fully understand it.
And if you picked #2, :fluttercry:

Una

I wish I could give you a medal for this wonderful story. :heart: We really need a sequel please.:fluttercry:

turns out his magic is a pony

So his Patronus is a pony? Hehe, I couldn't resist a Harry Potter reference since that was the first thing I thought of when I read that.

7809317
You have calmed the trigger within me.

7809317 I thought you might have been being subtle and were saying (through discord) that you were 'passing the torch' as it were. I'm glad that you weren't

Edit: I just read my comment through and it looks like the grammar is all over the place! I also said the word 'were' a bunch of times. Wow.

7809317
It makes him anthro only if he looks like a bipedal pony. So if he's human in the flesh, then no. (ex. Pony ears, muzzle, etc. would make him anthro.)

I'm sad that there are still so many unanswered lines (AND THAT CHERRY NEVER GOT HER HAPPY ENDING, well not her happiest ending) but this is as good a part to leave it at as any, plenty of room for a sequel but plenty of closure to end a story on. I can only hope that your muse causes you to further explore this inspiration, but if it doesn't then that's that. It's been a fun ride.

An excellent read. I shall rate this as...

★★★★★ (5 stars in case you can't see them)

Congratulations. :twilightsmile:

I shall await a sequel.


... Tapping fingers on table.

Really hope we get a non-journal sequel to this.

I miss this story, still waiting for more =D

More! Viking wants more! (Slams tankard into the bar) BRING ME A SEQUEL NOW!

I honestly haven't had this much fun reading fanfiction in a while. I do hope you have plans for a TRUE sequel to this, because I have lingering feelings that you left many plot threads unresolved, and it's kinda left a void already, no pun intended. Really well done though!

7809317 when are you planning on releasing the first chapter of DA2? I've been waiting for so long and i think I'm going through withdrawals

From first to last this has been a great show.

ETA on DA2?

Comment posted by Emerald Omen deleted Oct 23rd, 2017

Good vook, expertly written with passion and free of errors.

But the ending... It nearly KILLED me man! How could such a good read of such a bad ending! Just when you think he's alright, he does anyway, then he is risen from the dead, but is asleep for years! Forcing Luna and Celestia to be buttoned that their loved is alive, but not really.

The ending was up and down so fast, it damn near ripped every emotion from my body.

My opinion: Amazing book, awful ending. Maybe that's just me, but I never saw it coming.

8490645
It's been a year. I'm pretty sure it's dead dude.

8607238
All around me are familiar faces...

i have just binge read this amazing story.... and i'm incredibly curious to see if there is a second story in the works showing david adapting to his new magic on top of being revealed to the public and so much more.

9707482
No clue. Some people are simply disagreeable like that.

8504566
I couldn't agree more.

I hope you will continue with this story

Login or register to comment