• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 1,498 Views, 7 Comments

The Center of Her World - SaintChoc



What would you do if you found out your partner chose someone else in another life?

  • ...
4
 7
 1,498

Epilogue

The night sky was utterly clear, without a cloud in sight. Pinkie had gone back through the portal hours ago. Rainbow and Fluttershy sat in a chair outside Fluttershy's cottage, watching the stars. Fluttershy lay in Rainbow's lap, wrapped in Rainbow's front legs.

"...You ever wonder how many worlds are out there?" Fluttershy asked.

Rainbow looked down at her. "Hmm?"

"The human world is just one other world. There could be hundreds more. Thousands! Millions!"

Rainbow grinned. "You're thinking about who all the other Fluttershys are with? Maybe there's a world that's so weird and complicated that she needs Twilight to make sense of it."

Fluttershy laughed. "Maybe there's one that's much more focused on appearance, and Rarity helps her feel pretty."

"Maybe there's one where ponies haven't invented electricity or transportation yet, so she needs Applejack to till the land and provide for her."

"So I'm just her housewife?" Fluttershy giggled.

"Hey! Trophy wife. All the other colonial mares and stallions are totally jealous of her," Rainbow said.

Fluttershy snorted. "Well, it doesn't just have to be about me. Maybe there's a world where you're with Applejack!"

Rainbow cracked up. "Me and Applejack? Man, we'd probably just end up fighting all the time." Fluttershy laughed.

It was quiet again as they peered into the reaches of space. Only the sounds of crickets rang out.

"All those other worlds are okay, I'm sure. I hope those Fluttershys are happy," Fluttershy said, snuggling into Rainbow's chest and closing her eyes. "But I'm glad that I'm in this one."

Rainbow leaned her head down and kissed Fluttershy's forehead. "I'm glad that you're in this one, too."

The sounds of crickets stayed steady as the pair drifted off to sleep.

Comments ( 7 )

Some people just tell the babies to suck it up and accept that sex is a thing.

I can't honestly tell whether this approach is better.

It's probably just my extreme love for flutterdash, but this story gives me many mixed feelings. Some of them border on starting a riot.

:rainbowderp:/10

7399651 Is it... is it a happy riot?

A very sweet look at love in not-so-parallel dimensions. Thank you for it.

7400904 Even if you are a fan of most everything, your nice words about this thing cheered me up. Thanks!

Hey, pretty awesome fic brony. /). I've considered doing a similar idea for a Rainbow/Fluttershy/Gilda polyamory fic I've wanted to write but then I realized I have literally no idea how human Gilda would act... and that's awesome since it leaves me with almost an entirely blank slate of how to make her character, but I'm still stuck trying to flesh it out. Oh well, this was an awesome read. Keep up the good work :rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment