• Published 10th Sep 2016
  • 780 Views, 14 Comments

Lilly's Shipping Drabbles - lillytheomegawolf



The best of my unreleased work. Just some simple short shipping stories from the past several years.

  • ...
2
 14
 780

Fly to the Moon

Outside a small cottage on the edge of the Everfree forest sits a young couple gazing up at the night sky above. Luna's pride and joy

By the look on her face, Fluttershy can tell her marefriend has just had an idea and one that will involve her athletic talents.

"What is it Rainbow?"

The pink globes turned to gaze lovingly over at her. A radiant smile lights up the night sky as the rainbow maned daredevil speaks.

"Ever wondered how high a pegasus can fly."

"No."

Calm silence reigns. Fluttershy wriggles closer to her marefreind. Rainbow notices and pulls her into a hug, wrapping her wing around the yellow mare for extra warmth. In response, Fluttershy nuzzles her lover as her rainbow continues to gaze up at the night sky. The rosy pink eye's eventually settle on a target, the moon.

'I would love to fly to the moon. Sonic Rainboom all the way. It would be the most awesome flight of any pegasus ever.’ With a grin, Rainbow Dash simply said; "come on 'Shy. Lets go to bed."

Fluttershy nodded and the couple made their way inside. Once in the bedroom, Rainbow Dash felt compelled to venture to the window that faced Luna’s moon.

"Hey 'Shy." Do you reckon it would be possible for a pegasus to fly to the moon."

“No Dashie. After all, how would you even breathe up there?”

“Maybe Luna could help us.”

“No.”

“But she did survive up there for a thousand years.”

“I’m not travelling up there, it will be too far and I know I’ll get scared.”

“Come on Fluttershy, at least think about if.”

Fluttershy sighed, her body and mind desired rest, not conversation. “I don’t think ponies can breathe up there Dashie. It's just- No, we’re not even going to think about it!” Fluttershy hurried into bed and hid from the horrible thoughts of what it would be like in the void that is space.

“Hey, I just got the best idea ever for a date!”

“Yes…?” the trepidation Fluttershy peeked out at her Rainbow.

“We could fly to the moon… and Luna and Twilight could come too! That way, Luna can ask Twilight out, she can also help us all breathe up there and I get to show the best marefriend ever the view of all of Equestria!”

———

"You know… you really didn't have to do all this just to be my special somepony.” Twilight said to her new mare friend as the pair settled onto the moon’s surface side by side.

Luna snuggled into the purple unicorn, enveloping her with a protective wing.

"I know. But I am a princess and I wanted to sweep my mare off her hooves in royal style."

Twilight glanced back at the others, glad they were some distance away. “Well… you succeeded. But… how do we get home?”

“Tis the easy part my dear. Ever since my release, the moon is but a teleport away for me.”

Twilight did a double take, "really? Then why did we have to go through all of ...that to get here?"

Luna simply smiled and nuzzled into her partners side. After a few moments she chose to answer, "twas more fun this way, dont you agree?"

Author's Note:

A long time ago I started this as a silly TwiLuna idea. It sadly never took off, but I've finally taken the time to polish it up a bit and finish what I have.
...Which is pretty much just the start and the ending.