• Published 18th Jul 2012
  • 935 Views, 32 Comments

Militant Equestria - GuitarKirby



A story about what would happen if Equestria went to war with Earth.

  • ...
2
 32
 935

Chapter 2

Stretching and yawning, a middle-aged man looked at the wardrobe across from his bed. In it was a Navy uniform, decorated with several medals. Next to it was an old flight helmet with the words Howling Wolf written across the forehead. It was a bright, polished silver, with the words in dark blue. He smiled sadly at the helmet. Nowadays, people could fly at unbelievable speeds without the helmets he and his squadron had used, thanks to planes being built more effectively. He then turned to the uniform, and his smile turned into a glare, filled with a pure hatred. The only reason he kept the wartime uniform where he could see it was so that he could remind himself every day of how much he loathed the violence and evils of warfare, and the dark part he had taken in it.

He removed himself from his bed and stretched his arms, then turned and smiled at his sleeping wife. He had met her after the war, and she had helped him rediscover himself and find his own inner peace. He leaned over and brushed her dark hair aside, touching her temple lightly. She smiled gently. He stood again, and turned to leave the room.

A young girl of thirteen was sleeping on the couch in the living room as he began making breakfast. Just as he was finishing the bacon for the morning meal, she woke up, rubbing her eyes and yawning quietly.
"Good morning, Alyssa," he said, setting two plates, one for each of them, on the table.
"Morning, Uncle Jay." Jay grinned at her. Although he wasn't really her uncle (technically, he was her godfather), he and her father had been close as brothers, and she had called him uncle ever since. When her father died, although he had lost a friend, he felt he had gained a daughter.
"What do you have planned for today? Hanging out at the mall with Taylor and Kira again?"
"Nope, not today," she said, grinning back at him. Jay and her both laughed - she rarely went out with friends anyway, and Jay often poked fun at her for being so unusual among her peers. She enjoyed books and films, and often wrote and animated on her laptop.
"I wanted to ask you something, though," she said, her smile fading. He looked at her confusedly.
"What about?"
"Well... About when you were in the War. You never talk about it, but you have that uniform right across from your bed. Can't you tell me about it?"
Jay frowned at her, both concerned and upset by the question. Concerned that she had taken an interest, and upset that he would have to answer and talk about the war.
"Well... I suppose I should. You ought to know, especially since you're living in my house. Let me know if you need me to stop; the story is horrifying, bloody, and grim. However, I hope you listen until the end, because it turned out to be for the better."
Alyssa looked slightly scared, but she nodded firmly as she spoke.
"Alright, I will."
Jay began his narration.