• Published 18th Jul 2012
  • 936 Views, 32 Comments

Militant Equestria - GuitarKirby



A story about what would happen if Equestria went to war with Earth.

  • ...
2
 32
 936

Chapter 1

The older Pegasus stretched his wings as he walked beneath the trees of Sweet Apple Acres. He smiled as he looked at the sign above the entrance to the fruit farm. The paint was faded, but it was still plenty legible. He continued walking along, the gentle clop, clop of his hooves muffled by the leaves covering the ground. He chuckled to himself as he heard the cries of young colts and and fillies playing an innocent game of tag around the yard. There was a whoosh, as a rainbow blur streaked with a light blue blasted overhead, blowing the leaves everywhere. The old stallion shook his black mane, highlighted with dark violet, to straighten it after the blast of wind. He continued along at a faster pace.
Honest she may be, but I've never known her to be patient with me.
As if to prove this thought, as he approached the large front yard, he saw a honey-colored pony with a blonde tail, chasing the young ones around the yard, trying to gather them into one place as though it was a round-up. Suddenly, the mare looked up at him. She smiled weakly. Other than small blips of gray in her mane, the few years that had gone by since he had met her seemed to have had little effect on her appearance. Although she had not had any children of her own, her younger sister - now a fully grown mare - had married a stallion from Canterlot. Every year, she sent her children to stay with their aunt.

"Well, ain't you a sight for sore eyes? I'm happier t' see you than a love-struck fool on Hearts 'n Hooves day. Think you can take care of these young'ns while I get some buckin' done?"
The old Pegasus smiled widely at her.
"Of course. Dash is here to help with the apples as well. Don't tell her I know that, though."
The honey-hued mare smiled back as she threw her hat on.
"'Course I won't tell her, sugar cube."
The old mare then headed out towards the acres of apple trees that she had to kick at. The older Pegasus looked at the young ponies. They looked nervous at the appearance of a new authority, although a young colt appeared at ease. He was an oddity in Ponyville; although he was born to two earth ponies, he had been born a Unicorn. The colt was good at heart, but he still had no cutie mark, unlike his friends from Canterlot. In fact, he was the last of his class to not have a cutie mark - not a single other remained who shared in his frustration. The young colt walked up to the tall Pegasus.
"Hi, Uncle K," said the young Unicorn. The Pegasus smiled. His name was actually a secret to others, and he wasn't the Unicorn's blood relative, but he considered all of Dash's friends his family, and so, by extension, the little Unicorn was his family.
"Hey there, Star." The Pegasus looked around at the other fillies and colts, of which there were five. "You're all welcome to play tag as long as you stay in the yard. I don't want you bothering your auntie." The five cheered, and promptly ran off. Shining Star stayed with K.
"Uncle K, can you tell me a story?" K frowned at the question. He had a few stories, but there weren't many he thought would appeal to the Unicorn colt.
"What kind of story do you want to hear?" asked K.
"I wanna hear about when you were part of the Air Force!" said Shining Star excitedly. K grinned.
They all want to hear that story... Well, it's a good one. Why not, he's certainly old enough.
"Alright, Shining Star. This is a story about adventure, and romance, and great air battles, but most of all, it's about humans."
K felt a certain sense of satisfaction at the amazed look on the colt's face.