• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 14,337 Views, 467 Comments

Call of a Raven - Autum Breeze



So, first I lose a bet and have to go to Supernova dressed as Raven, then I find myself in the world of MLP, as Raven. Just Great

  • ...
67
 467
 14,337

Chapter 4

Chapter 4



___________________________________________________________

As we walk away from Twilight and the others, I can’t help wondering why things didn’t go apeshit on me. I mean, yeah, Twilight attacked me, but it’s not like I couldn’t stop it.

Maybe she’s still in a bit of shock from nearly seeing her friends get eaten and my introduction just pushed her mind into a weird shutdown? Well, whatever the case, I follow after Rarity into town.

As we walk, I can’t help noticing the fear present throughout the town. Sometimes, having the powers of an empath suck when you’re stuck feeling a whole town’s fear.

Though, I suppose I can chock it all up to the hydra attack and the suddenness of its defeat not having settled yet over the whole strange biped wearing a dark cloak... kinda.

When we arrive at Rarity’s boutique we head inside, Rarity closing the door and locking it.

“Now, I’ll need the rest of your... attire, dear,” she says, turning to me.

I blink, before blanching. “What? You want me to stand around in the nude?!”

Rarity cocks an eyebrow at me and I sense her confusion. Inwardly, I’m slapping myself in the face. Ponies don’t normally wear clothes, you dingus. She wouldn’t understand just why you’d find it so uncomfortable hanging around in the buff.

Sighing, I move over to the changing stand Rarity has, take of the remains of my torn leotard and levitate it out to her, whilst walking out, using my cloak to completely cover me.

Nodding, she takes my torn clothing in her own magic and brings it over to a desk with her sewing machine and gets to work.

With nothing else to do, I move over to one of the stools in the room and sit down on it, making sure to keep myself covered.

For several moments, the only sound in the room is Rarity’s sewing machine as she works on fixing my leotard.

“I... don’t mean to sound rude, darling,” Rarity says after a long while of silence, “but, while I do not feel Twilight’s worries about you hold ground... just, what exactly are you? If you don’t mind my asking, that is.”

I glance up from where I’d been staring at the floor. I look away from the unicorn and back to the ground. “What I am and what I was are two very different things.”

After a moment of quiet, I feel Rarity wants me to continue.

“Well... what I was doesn’t really matter anymore, but... what I am is an Azarathian.”

“Hmm,” Rarity hums in interest. “I’ve never heard of those before? Where in Equestria do you come from?”

“I don’t,” I state simply. Then, at the feeling of confusion, I add, “I don’t come from Equestria. I come from another dimension. This form, it... it’s not mine. Back in my world, there was a comic series—”

“Oh, like the kinds Spikey Wikey enjoys?” Rarity asks.

“—where one of the characters in said comic is called Raven,” I continue despite her interruption, but nod in answer to her question. “I went to a convention with some of my friends dressed as Raven and... well, I don’t know what happened. One moment, I’m there, the next, I find myself in this world, having literally turned into the character I was dressed as.”

Rarity pauses in her sewing and turns to look at me sadly, concern radiating from her. “Oh... oh, dear.”

I nod. “But that’s not all that’s worrying.” I lift a hand out from within my cloak covering and look down at it. “By turning into Raven, I seem to have gained her powers as well. This isn’t a good thing, though.”

Rarity cocks an eyebrow. “Why is having this Raven’s powers not a good thing?”

“Raven’s... well, my powers and are fueled by my emotions. Raven’s character always had to watch how much emotion she felt, or else her powers would go out of control.”

Rarity blinks, before her eyes widen. “Is that why—?”

“Yes,” I interrupt, looking to her, my expression still as blank as when I first started following her. “That is why I have barely shown any emotions since I encountered you all. I have to be careful with my emotions, or else my powers could cause destruction all around me. Which is why I need Twilight Sparkle’s help.”

Rarity blinks, confusion taking over again. “Why would you need Twilight’s help. You seem pretty much in control from what I’ve observed, darling.”

“Because I hate having to hold back my emotions!” I snarl, standing up. At once, several items around the room glow with my aura and shoot from their positions, slamming into the wall or ceiling. At once, I calm myself, taking deep breathes. “Sorry.”

“I... um...” Rarity seems stunned for words as she looks from me top the items I sent flying.

Stilling my emotions and expression, I look to her. “I’m sorry. That is why is need Twilight’s help. I don’t have enough experience to maintain my emotions like the real Raven can. She had years to prepare herself, since childhood. I’ve barely had more than a week and doubt it would end well if I waited. Zecora has helped me some, but what she provided is temporary.”

“So, what will you need Twilight’s help with?” Rarity has moved over and is looking up at me with worry.

I look away. “Zecora is certain that, if she and Twilight work together, they may be able to make a talisman that would help mediate my powers, whilst allowing me to at least express myself a little, without fear of losing control.”

“Hmm,” the alabaster unicorn hums, rubbing her chin with a hoof. “Yes, I can see the two of them managing something like that.” She looks up to me with a small smile. “I do hope Twilight will be able to help you, Raven, darling. Um, that is what you want to be called, isn’t it?” she asks, cocking an eyebrow.

I sigh, before sitting down again. “No. I would much rather my own name, but, for whatever reason, after I became like this, I can’t actually express my name. I can remember it, but I also can’t. Whenever I try to say it or even think it, Raven takes its place.”

There’s silence for a few moments, before Rarity smiles, patting my knee. “Well, darling, I’m sure we’ll be able to help you somehow. Til then, let’s focus on fixing your attire.” Turning, she gives a light smirk. “And, after that, perhaps I can design you some more casual wear to have. No offence, darling, but I don’t think wearing your current look will go over to well with newcomers.”

I can’t help giving a small smirk at that. Then, what she said actually clicks and I scuttle back a bit. I’ve just become the next victim of Rarity’s fashion sense. This could prove worrisome.

Author's Note:

Man, it's a bit harder getting back into this story than I thought it'd be.

Sorry again for such a short chapter. I promise i'll try doing better with the next one and try to make it much longer. i just need to made my flow with this one again. it's really annoying, i had a good flow at first, but it suddenly stopped and now i'm struggling to find it again.

i hope this wasn't too much of a let down chapter. i will try to find my grove with this again as soon as possible.

til next time, later everypony