• Published 10th May 2016
  • 2,033 Views, 106 Comments

"When's the Wedding?" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



Taking place after "Just Kiss Already!" Scootaloo and Rumble adjust to their new lives as adults and Academy training. Not to mention more than a few unexpected surprises along the way.

  • ...
6
 106
 2,033

Chapter 9; Betrayed

Scootaloo's eyes cracked open, finding the room was still dark, and that sunlight barely came in through the window. She sat up a bit, realizing everyone else was asleep, and that she, for once, woke up before everyone else could. Though she felt like they'd be up soon.

She didn't try to fall back asleep, she was too energetic to. Today was the final course, the one everyone had been practicing for all week. And she was determined to get it right.

If only she were aloud to go outside, right then. She felt the urgent need to stretch her wings out. The sudden adrenaline and determination only fueling that urgency.

'This is it.' she thought. By tonight, they were all packing up and heading home. And they'd hear the news of whether they passed or failed the Academy.

Time however, was making her impatient. Why'd it have to go so slow?

She wondered what her results would be, and who would finish at the top of the class. What would Rumble get? She was positive he'd be able to pass, especially when it came to the altitude section. When it came to Sky Bound, she was sure her friend would pass with flying colors. Who knows? Maybe they could get a medal or something. Rainbow Dash mentioned how they give out medals at the end of the week.

It didn't really matter to her, either way. She just wanted to get accepted.

'What about Comet?' she found herself asking.

She had the feeling he'd be able to do it. After all, the courses and exercises they did really paid off for him. Spitfire herself noticed improvement between the two. She was so glad she got him to cooperate when she did. She didn't know how her week would've ended otherwise.

Maybe, just maybe, she could become friends with the stallion. He was annoying as all hay, and as much of a smug player as the next. But she saw he could be serious when he wanted to be.

No matter what happened today, she was going to make the best of it. If she passed, or somehow failed, she was going to make the best of it. She wasn't going to let anything ruin such an important day.

Right as she finished that thought, the trumpet blared, and the mares around her all groaned. Scootaloo smirked, hopping out of bed.


Scootaloo couldn't hold back the smile on her face, she was finally here! The moment she's been dreaming of ever since she even considered being a Wonderbolt. And it was so close!

"Someone looks happy." she heard, she turned to her right to find Comet there, smiling himself. Only his lips stretched into a more smug expression.

"I guess you could say that." she replied, making her way outside, where everypony else was.

"Were you thinking about me?" he asked.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, finding it'd be pointless to comment. She wasn't going to humor him and let it spoil her good mood. She spotted Sky Bound and trotted up to her.

"Hey Sky," she greeted.

Sky Bound jumped, turning to see her. "Oh, it's just you. Hey Scoot."

"Ready for the course?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah, totally." Sky Bound said. Scootaloo noticed how the confidence in her voice seemed faked.

"You nervous?" she asked.

"Well," Sky Bound said, dropping the act. "kind of."

"That's okay." Scootaloo assured her. "I can't say the same for myself though."

"How could you not be?" she wondered aloud.

"I've been preparing for this day for so long. I can't let my doubts get in the way of anything." Scootaloo said.

"I wish I wasn't nervous." Sky Bound said, looking down. "I just can't help but feel like I'm going to fail."

"You won't fail. If anything, you'll be so good they'll make you a Wonderbolt on the spot."

Sky Bound smiled. "Thanks, but I'm not so sure about that." she sighed. "I just can't shake it."

"My mother always told me, whenever I was nervous, that, 'Being nervous isn't always a bad thing. It just means you know something important will happen. You just have to try and push the negative thoughts aside and try to make the best of what will happen next.' " Scootaloo assured her. Sky Bound looked to the ground, before looking back up to Scootaloo with a smile.

"Your mom gives good advice." she admitted.

Scootaloo chuckled. "Yeah."

"Thanks," she responded. "I...really needed to hear that."

Scootaloo responded with a smile. "Don't worry about it."

"Hey Scootaloo!" she heard. Scootaloo turned to see Rumble flying above her head, holding her goggles teasingly.

"What the- damn it Rumble!" she said, flying up to his level. She couldn't fight a smile however, as she swiped them away.

"Don't look at me, I found them on the road."

"What do you mean?" she asked. She was pretty sure that she had it tied securely.

"Yeah, now that I think about it, you did look like you were missing something when you came up to me." Sky Bound admitted. "I didn't notice it until now."

"But I had them on ever since we left our room, there's no way it could'v-" just then her conversation with Comet came to mind. She turned towards the obstacle course, where the very stallion was glancing their way, winking and laughing at something.

"That son of a-" she mumbled. Before she could even say 'cockatrice' the whistle blew. And immediately, everyone flew into position. Scootaloo noticed how Comet was still snickering at her. She rolled her eyes, deciding to forget the situation.

Quickly, she tied her goggles back in place, Making sure they wouldn't come off as easily this time.

Spitfire flew down and landed in front of the recruits, and for once, she was actually smiling as she started talking. "So you finally made it. All of you rookies managed to make it through this week. I've got to say, I'm impressed. It's been a while since we had everyone do that. We trained you hard, the courses, the intense and extended exercises, all of the torment, but that's not going to end, not just yet.

"You've still got one final course you need to pass if you want to call yourself a Reserve. And you'd best apply what you've learned from this week of training to it." She smirked, glancing at them as she spoke.

"Today, your final course will consist of high altitudes, durability, recovery, cloud busting, agility, speed, weather, performance, take off, and landing. Everything we went over this week. And it won't be counted towards your score, but style will also play a factor. Now if you don't think you can handle it, the exit's right over there." Spitfire said, pointing to the end of the runway.

She rose a brow when no one stepped up. "Looks like I got some determined recruits here. That's cute." she smiled. "Alright, let's get started." She blew into the whistle harshly, indicating the start of the course.

One by one, ponies went up to the start, goggles ready, and preparing for take off. They had to run through a machine of sorts, one that measured the force of the take offs and landings.

First, there was high altitudes, in which recruits could go as high as desired, they'd then have to fold their wings closed and drop for at least 5 seconds.

Next, speed and agility, in which their speed would be measured, and they had to dodge their way through moving rings and clouds, as well as the wind machines used in the previous courses.

Then, came the cloud busting, in which they had to bust a certain amount of clouds as quickly as they possibly could.

Weather came up afterwards, where they'd have to go through the storm simulation, testing their durability and recovery. Then the force of the landing would be measured.

Each recruit did their own separate style, some, such as Sky Bound, did more barrel rolls and spins, though she had faltered a bit with agility, she did show much improvement than before.

Scootaloo did sharper and daring turns, flying through agility as if there were nothing there, and speeding through the cloud busting within a matter of seconds. She did struggle a bit with the weather, but she kicked it into high gear and emerged with a reasonable speed.

Rumble sped through the course the fastest, and flew to the highest altitude compared to the rest, as well as dizzying turns and curves. He wasn't as quick as Scootaloo with the cloud busting, but he went through the storm much faster than she had. All the more taking off and landing with the most force of the rest.

Comet was the most cocky with his performance, but even if he wasn't the fastest, he did manage to get through the course pretty quickly, especially when it came to the storm simulation. He wasn't the most graceful with agility and cloud busting, but he had improved with everyone else.

By the time everyone had finished, it was time for lunch, and everyone was worn out. Scootaloo sighed with relief once she had finished. It felt like the biggest weight was lifted off of her shoulders once she finally landed. Her stomach no longer felt like it had dropped to the ground.

"You were amazing!" Sky Bound complimented. Scootaloo smiled.

"Not as much as you were." she grinned. "I don't stand a chance against you."

"Are you kidding? I could practice for years in this place and I wouldn't go through agility as quickly as you did." she complimented.

"It was pretty impressive. Somehow you got even better than before." Rumble agreed.

"Please, it's not like I would ever be able to go as high as you did. You were like three thousand feet in the air," Scootaloo said.

"Could you three stop kissing each other's flanks? I don't want to hear you praise each other over a little course." Comet interjected.

"Yeah, or you could, I don't know, mind you own buisness?" Sky Bound snapped back.

He smirked. "Touché."


Later that day the recruits filed into the cafeteria, where Spitfire said the results would be given. They awaited their instructor, recapping the week they experienced.

"I don't think I've ever been so sore in my life." Rumble complained, stretching his tired wings.

"Don't forget we have to fly home tonight." Scootaloo reminded him teasingly. He groaned and folded his wings back.

Sky Bound chuckled at their antics, just as Spitfire came in. With her, were two other ponies, one balancing a black box on his wings.

"Congratulations cadets. You all passed the test." The group cheered, just as she had expected. She then waited for them to quiet down.

"We'll send your exact results home next week, but for now, we're awarding the highest rankers."

A few whispers among the crowd erupted, saying names about who'd get what.

"Enough chit chat, let's get this over with." Spitfire said. She turned to the stallion holding the box, and opened it to reveal four medals. "These four medals represent agility, speed, highest achiever, and most improved results." she announced. She picked up the first golden pin, the highest achiever award, and glanced around the room with a smile.

"Sky Bound." she announced.

Sky Bound froze, unable to believe what she had heard. "What?" she found herself saying she turned to Scootaloo and Rumble, who smiled at her.

"See? I told you you'd ace it." Scootaloo assured her. Rumble gave her a supporting smile, while the rest of the room gave her congratulations as she stepped up.

Sky Bound hesitantly moved forward, she couldn't believe it. There had to be a mistake of some sort. Spitfire smirked, as if reassuring it was, in fact, not a mistake.

She pinned the golden medal to her uniform, which was star with wings extended on each side. "Congratulations." Spitfire said.

Sky Bound grinned, "Thank you, Ma'am." she then went back to where she stood, earning a pat on the back from a few ponies in the crowd.

Spitfire took the second pin, the one for most improved results. Without much hesitation, she spoke, "Astra."

The rose pegasus gasped in surprise, clearly not expecting it. "Me?" she said.

"Yes, you. You've improved the most ever since you first tried out." Spitfire said. "That's something worthy of a medal."

Astra smiled, earning more cheers as she stepped forward, getting the golden pin, which consisted of the Wonderbolts logo in great detail.

"Thank you Ma'am." Astra grinned.

"No need, congrats." she replied.

Then mare hopped back into her place, bearing her medal proudly for the other recruits to see.

Next, was agility, and to no one's surprise, Spitfire announced, "Scootaloo."

Scootaloo, taken back from this, grinned. She didn't expect to get any awards, Rumble gave her a supportive smile and urged her on. "You earned it Scoot." he said.

Scootaloo went up and had her pin pinned to her uniform. "Congratulations, Scoot." Spitfire said. She then lowered her voice, so only Scootaloo could hear. "I'm sure Rainbow Dash would be impressed." Scootaloo grinned, wondering what her idol would say.

Once she was back in place, Spitfire took the final pin.

"This one was hard to decipher, it came pretty close for some of you cadets." she said. "But alas, we decided that Rumble deserved it." she smiled down at him, while he walked up to her.

Everyone went ballistic, Scootaloo especially. She grinned at the pin, which were wings with a trail of flames.

"Congratulations, recruits. You can all officially consider yourself a member of the Reserves." Spitfire said. More cheering ensued. "I've been tough on you guys all week, and I'm glad to see everyone of you went through it. Despite the amount of exercises and challenges. Before you all leave tonight, let me just say it was an honor teaching you miserable maggots." she grinned.

Everyone stood in formation and beamed proudly.

"You're dismissed." she said. With that, she and the two stallions she came in with, left the room, and the recruits, all eager to get back home, filed out to their respected rooms.

"You know, I think I might actually miss this place." Sky Bound said, walking alongside Scootaloo.

"To be honest, so will I. As much as I love having someone scream their head off towards me, I'm glad I got to be here. It was like a dream come true."

"Geez, you really are sappy." Sky Bound teased.

Scootaloo playfully punched her arm. "Shut up." she grinned.

"You want to hang out again soon? I'd like to get to know you some more." Sky Bound said.

"Of course," Scootaloo said, stepping into the room. "do you live nearby?"

"I live in Cloudsdale." Sky Bound said, getting her saddlebag. "What about you?"

"Rumble and I live in Ponyville. Maybe I can visit you sometime."

"It'd be nice to get some more company." Sky Bound agreed. "Sure. " As they packed up their belongings, and made their way to the runway, the two exchanged addresses, promising to communicate later when they had the chance.

"See you in the skies," Sky Bound said, waving to Scootaloo.

"See ya." Scootaloo replied. With that, Sky Bound took off, flying through the scarlet sky. 'Where the hay is Rumble?' Scootaloo thought. She glanced around, finding several other recruits saying their goodbyes to one another, some taking off down the runway as well. As the sun began setting lower into the sky, it became a bit more complicated to pinpoint him.

She glanced around, looking high and low for any sign of the gray stallion, before mistakenly bumping into somepony else. She glanced up, rubbing her head.

"Sorry." Scootaloo said, looking up to see who it was.

"Don't worry about it, sweet lips." he replied.

Scootaloo sighed, knowing who it was. "Oh, it's just you." she said with a roll of her eyes.

"You know you're gonna miss me." he said.

"Yeah I seriously doubt that." she said, walking past him.

"Lost?" he asked.

"No, I'm looking for someone." she said abruptly.

"Well you found him." he said, pointing to himself.

"Not you." Scootaloo said. "You were the last one I wanted to see."

"Still feisty, I see. Whatever happened to that nice mare I was partnered up with yesterday?" he asked.

Scootaloo sighed. "Sorry, I just want to get home. It's been a long week."

"I'll say, they really ought to loosen up on us." he said.

"I meant because I was partnered up with you." Scootaloo smirked.

"Whatever. We still passed."

"We probably wouldn't have if I didn't say anything."

"Fair point." he said. He paused for a moment, matching her pace.

"Nice pin." he said.

"Thanks." she said.

"I think you and your friends must have some sort of advantage over us. Why else would you all get those?"

"Because we practiced before we came here." Scootaloo reminded him. "It's not like we were expecting to get these. Besides, we weren't the only ones."

"Sure." he said, unconvinced. Scootaloo rolled her eyes and continued trotting along. He looked to the sky, spotting the sunset. "It's pretty nice, huh?"

"What?" she asked.

"The sunset." he answered. Scootaloo glanced up, taking a good look at the view.

"Yeah." she admitted.

"But it's not as pretty as you're eyes." he said.

Scootaloo sighed. "I really don't know why you even bother flirting with me, it's not going to change anything."

"Can't blame a stallion for trying." he shrugged. "You're just such an amazing flyer,"

"Comet," she tried.

"No, really, and you've always got a good comeback. Even if you're the bossiest pony I've ever met."

"stop." she said.

"No, I mean it." he said. He gave her a serious look, for once his smug smile was gone. Scootaloo turned to him, finding his eyes were full of hope. "I know I can be a jerk, and I know I annoy you too."

"Then why don't you ever stop?" she asked.

He continued, as if she hadn't said anything. "Honestly, as much of a pain in the flank you were this week, I'm actually glad you paired up with me."

Scootaloo was taken back. Was he giving her a legitimate non-flirtatious compliment? Did he really change that much? "You are?" she asked with surprise.

"Yeah, you helped me when I needed it and stuff. And put up with me. Not many ponies are very willing to do that." he leaned in a bit closer to Scootaloo, who leaned back a bit.

"Thanks." he said quietly. "For being my lead-pony." he said. Before she could respond, he quickly closed the gap between them, and for a moment their lips connected.

Scootaloo's eyes widened. This was wrong, it was all wrong. She knew he meant well, but she was with Rumble, and Rumble alone. He was the only pony she'd ever thought she'd kiss. The only pony she'd ever want to kiss. Yet, her lips were touching another's. She felt like she was betraying him. With all he had ever done, sacrificed, put up with, here she was, getting kissed by somepony else.

She felt moisture build up in her eyes. Less than one second into the kiss, a jolt of electricity shot through her body, connecting her hoof to his face, before she even realized she had just slapped him, with a loud, crack.

He held his cheek, looking to her with a scowl. "Ow! What was that for-" he stopped and softened when he saw the moisture in her eyes, and the cold angry glare she gave him.

"I have a boyfriend!!" she shouted at him. "And you, -you kissed me!" she said.

"You have a boyfriend?" he asked quietly. He gave a regretful, disappointed, and apologetic look to her. "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't know." He took a step closer, and Scootaloo roughly pushed him away.

"Why?" she asked quietly, looking down. She only ever wanted to have Rumble kiss her, and yet her lips burned from this stallion's. "What am I going to tell him?" she asked aloud.

"Scootaloo, I'm so sorry, I seriously didn't know. I swear I wouldn't have done it if I did. I'm so sorry." he said quickly.

Scootaloo couldn't stop the guilty tears from spilling over, she turned away from him, hiding behind her hair. She knew he felt guilty. That he was speaking the truth.

"Just le-eave me alone." she said, trying not to let her voice crack, to no avail. "Just...leave me, the hell alone."

"I'm so sorry." he said, as she jumped into the air, ignoring the ache of her wings.

"I know." she said quietly, knowing he could still hear her.

She flew away looking around for any sign of Rumble. She did her best to wipe away any of the moisture, but her eyes were boiling in tears, and it felt like someone was trying to pull her to the ground with the guilt she felt in her chest.

"I should've told him." she said. She knew, as flirtatious as Comet was, that even he wouldn't have kissed her, had he known about her relationship with Rumble. 'I should've told him, I should've told him, I should've told him." she thought aloud.

She rid her face of tears. Just when she thought this day would be a good one. What was she going to tell Rumble? It's not like she'd hide this from him. She could never do that. But maybe she could save it for when they got home. She didn't want to end up crying the whole way home. She would rather do that once she was in her own bed.

She still couldn't believe what had happened. She just couldn't. Rumble was the only other pony she had kissed, and was the only other pony she planned to ever kiss again. And now, she could still feel the ghost of Comet's on her own. And she didn't like it, it felt wrong, so different from the feel of Rumble's. It was like the that ghost was burning into her lips, filling her with regret.

She spotted a little figure, finding it was gray. Just as a navy and purple figure was taking off in the distance. She cleared her throat, and did her best to put on a casual attitude, though her lips still felt like they've be branded.

"There you are!" she said, coming to a landing next to Rumble.

"I've been looking all over for you, where've you been?" Rumble asked.

"I could ask you the same question." Scootaloo said, throwing him a smirk. Rumble returned it.

"You ready to head home, then?" he asked.

"Yeah." she said. "Wanna race?"

"I don't know," he said, catching Scootaloo off guard. "maybe we could just enjoy the view, it's not often we'll get to see it from this high."

"Oh, okay." Scootaloo said. She couldn't help but feel uneasy about it, right now, the sunset wasn't something she wanted him bringing up. But apparently luck wasn't on her side today.

"Come on." Rumble said. She nodded and ran off of the runway with him, opening her wings, and catching a good breeze.

Rumble glanced around, all of the colors of the sky and the clouds below them had a deepening orange and scarlet hue, the light gave their own coats an orange and red hue of their own.

"It's beautiful." Scootaloo commented, looking around.

"It sure is," Rumble said. "but not as much as you are." he said, expecting her to smile, blush, and/or make a witty remark. Instead, he found she turned away, looking ahead.

Her eyes burned, more tears threatening to come into view. 'Not now, at least when we get home.' she reminded herself. She didn't know how to respond. What would she usually say in a moment like this? Whenever Rumble would compliment her just to tease her? She simply couldn't think of any response she'd usually give. Her thoughts were just on what Comet had said prior.

"Scoot?" Rumble asked. She darted her eyes to him matching his gaze for a millisecond before darting them ahead, trying to blink away the tears. In that millisecond, Rumble noticed how red her eyes were. Knowing it wasn't from the hue.

'Is something bothering her?' he wondered. "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, edging a bit closer.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she responded, perhaps a bit too quickly.

"Are you sure? You're eyes are red." he pointed out?

They were? She was hoping they weren't, or at least he wouldn't notice. "Really?" she asked.

"Yes, are you okay, like really?" he asked. "You can tell me if something's wrong."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." she assured him quickly. "Just a bit tired." It wasn't a complete lie, she actually did feel pretty tired.

Rumble decided to let it drop, deciding that he should probably save it for when she was okay with talking about it. He wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable by forcing her to speak. "Alright then." he sighed.


When the two landed on the front steps, the moon was poking out, turning the red sky to a dark indigo. Scootaloo said nothing as they landed on the first step, in fact she didn't say much the whole trip there, she hardly spoke. Whenever she would, it didn't have the usual casual tone, it actually seemed a bit forced.

Rumble was positive something was wrong, as much as he knew she'd deny it. He wanted to help her in whatever way. Once the door was unlocked, Scootaloo heaved out a sigh.

"It's so good to be home." she said happily.

"It sure is." Rumble agreed.

Without much hesitation, Scootaloo and Rumble got ready for bed, showering and such. Neither of the two were hungry for dinner, for they were more tired than they were hungry. And neither of the two were up for cooking or getting anything.

"You...want to sleep with me, tonight?" Rumble suggested, knowing it would make her feel a bit better.

Scootaloo gave him a smile, one he could tell she was forcing. "It's okay, I'll be able to manage without you."

"I was hoping you would." Rumble admitted.

She blushed, she wanted to, she really did, but the one reason why she even considered sleeping in her own room that night was because she was still guilty. She didn't think she could face him directly like that. Not when she hadn't told him the truth. Not when Comet's ghost was haunting her.

"You...were?" she asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, I kind of missed having someone sleeping next to me." he explained.

"Okay then." she gave in. She missed sleeping next to him too, not only were those beds they slept on at the Academy hard as rocks, but they were cold. At least without Rumble there.

She followed him to his room, and he climbed in bed, patting the spot next to him. She gave him a small smile and climbed in bed next to him. He took to wrapping his wing around her.

Her smile shrunk. What would he think of her? Would he want to break up with her? Will he hate her? No, Rumble wouldn't do that. But she was sure he'd be more than upset. Rumble pulled her closer, until she was lying her head on his chest. She listened to his heartbeat, and the warm feeling she felt. It brought her guilt, for she felt she didn't deserve any of it.

She was being crushed, crushed with the feeling of shame. She bit her lip, trying to hold back a sob, as well as the tears building up in her eyes. The tears spilt over however, dropping onto Rumble's chest.

Immediately noticing the droplets, Rumble sat up, looking to Scootaloo. "Scootaloo?" he asked. "Are you okay?"

She broke. She buried her face in her hooves, fighting back sobs. "I'm so sorry." she said aloud. "I'm so sorry." she repeated, she said it over and over again, staining his fur with her tears. He squeezed her into a hug, rubbing her back.

"What could you possibly be sorry for?" he asked.

She sobbed harder. She couldn't shake the feeling that he'd hate her. That he'd hate her for not thinking to tell Comet about their relationship, for letting him kiss her for even a fraction of a second.

"I'm so sorry." she repeated.

Rumble sighed, waiting until her tears slowed. "What are you so sorry for?" he asked.

"Comet, he..." she tried to get the words out, but they caught in her throat.

Rumble scowled, "What did he do to you?" he asked sternly. Whatever it was, he was going to kill him for hurting her this much. Scootaloo wouldn't cry like this unless he did something unspeakable to her.

"....he...kissed me." she squeaked out, avoiding eye contact.

Rumble had barely heard the words, but once he did, he scowled. "He did what?" he growled.

Scootaloo glanced into his cold eyes, which seemed to glow in the surrounding darkness. "It's not his fault," Scootaloo said quickly. "If anything it's mine."

Rumble was taken back. What could she possibly mean by that? "Your fault? Your fault how? He's the one that kissed you!" he defended.

"He didn't know. He didn't know about our relationship."

"That doesn't give him any right to kiss you!" Rumble said.

"Please, don't blame him." Scootaloo said.

Rumble softened, seeing the tears down her face, as well as the red in her eyes. "I should've told him, I'm sorry Rumble." she said, the new tears spilling over.

"You don't have to be sorry." Rumble sighed, letting his anger subside. Scootaloo was blaming herself for this, he knew she wouldn't ever want it to happen. As much as he wanted to blame Comet, he knew Scootaloo was right. She wouldn't defend him for no good reason. He let out a sigh. "It's not your fault, Scoot."

She paused. "You're not mad? You don't hate me?"

Rumble was, once again, taken back. "Why would I hate you? You didn't want this to happen, did you?"

"No, of course not."

"He just didn't know. You don't have anything to be sorry for." he said.

"But I could've told him, or stopped him. I should've guessed he'd try to do it, with everything he said leading up to it."

"You didn't know, just as he didn't know about us, it's not your fault, it just happened." he said. More tears came into her eyes, dripping onto his chest and the sheets.

"Why are you crying, Scoot?" he asked.

"It's just," she heaved a sigh, trying to keep her voice from wavering. "you've always supported me, and you do so much for me. You always put up with me. You're always there for me when I need you to be." she spoke, avoiding his concerned gaze once again. "And then, this happens. Of all things you've done for me, and the ways you've helped me. I go and let this happen. I betray you." she said.

Rumble was speechless. He had so many things he wanted to tell her, so many things he wish he could say all at once. So many things he wanted to deny her. Yet he remained frozen, as she continued on.

"You were the only colt who's ever kissed me on the lips, the only one I can ever see myself do that or anything else with. You're always so understanding of me. And yet, because I never thought to mention our relationship, because I was so stupid, I ended up getting kissed by someone else." she croaked, choking back another sob.

"Sometimes, I still wonder, how through all I've put you through, you could even say you love me. With as little good I ever did for you." she stated.

That was enough to pull him out of his trance. Unfreezing, he took Scootaloo by the shoulders, holding her back so she could look at him. She gazed into his eyes, seeing his determined look. He then pulled her forward, making their lips connect.

Of course, Scootaloo was shocked at first. Her eyes had widened, and another jolt of electricity rushed through her. Only this time, rather than any slapping, she smiled into the kiss, and kissed him back, letting her eyes close. The feeling of his lips on hers, it just felt right. The kiss wasn't only passionate, but assuring, forgiving. It was enough to banish the wrongful burning and guilt built up in her chest.

Once he finally pulled away, Rumble glanced down at her, giving her a small side smile and wiped her tears away. "Scootaloo, every time I tell you that I love you, I mean it. Just because someone kissed you, doesn't mean you betrayed me, in any way, shape, or form. There was no meaning behind it, not on your part. Knowing you feel wrong, terrible about it, the fact that you're even blaming yourself when you shouldn't, shows that you really do care about me, and that you only care about me in that way.

"As tough as you were with training before hand, you did help me improve, and I passed the Academy thanks to you. As many times as you teased me, you never went too far. And as much as I may have screwed up when it came to asking you out, you put up with it, and made the best of what I had to offer. All those 'bad' things you say you've done, I'm absolutely grateful for. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

"You getting kissed doesn't change any of that, it's no one's fault, and there's nothing for you to feel bad about. You love me, and me alone, right?"

"Yes." she quickly croaked quietly. It was reflex.

"Then there's nothing, absolutely nothing, you need to cry about." he said.

Scootaloo smiled, wiping her red and puffy eyes once more. "Thank you, thank you so much Rumble."

"No need." he said. "Just don't blame yourself like that again."

She nodded, before setting her head back down to his chest. "I love you." she said quietly.

Rumble smiled. "I love you too."

Author's Note:

I apologize for the lack of updates, I've been helping a friend of mine with a story she has, and I've been discussing a lot of ideas for it with her. Trust me, I have full intentions of updating this story again sometime soon, and I hope I can give you something reasonable and enjoyable. I just needed some inspiration.

And I got that inspiration. If you've read my recent blog post, *Cough*Link*Cough*

Anyway, thank you guys for sticking around, and for being so patient. I'd honestly be surprised if anyone still reads these. But whether you're reading this or not, thank you to anyone whoever found this story and the one prior, interesting. And I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Got a suggestion? You can shoot me a pm or leave a comment below about what you think these two love birds can do in upcoming chapters. Or you can tell me what you think, any and all criticism is welcome, as long as you keep it pg, and none of that criticism is directed to other readers.

Thanks for reading this little tangent of mine,

With that,

Peace, Love, Tolerate,