• Published 10th May 2016
  • 2,033 Views, 106 Comments

"When's the Wedding?" And Other Rumbaloo Tales - Candy-Sweets_12



Taking place after "Just Kiss Already!" Scootaloo and Rumble adjust to their new lives as adults and Academy training. Not to mention more than a few unexpected surprises along the way.

  • ...
6
 106
 2,033

Chapter 2 "Small Talk"

Scootaloo tightened her saddlebag, making sure it wouldn't slip off. Once it was on she grinned. "I'm heading out," she announced, walking past Rumble from her bedroom.

"Where're you going?" Rumble asked, looking up from the unopened box in front of him.

"I promised Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle I'd meet up with them at Sugar Cube Corner. I haven't seen them since the graduation party." She explained, opening the door.

"Have fun then." Rumble shrugged, turning back to the box.

"See ya," she waved, shutting the door behind her and jumping off the edge.


"There you are!" Apple Bloom exclaimed, rushing up to meet her friend. "Ah' haven't seen you in weeks!"

"Sorry AB," Scootaloo apologized, "I had a bit of a mixed up morning. Where's Sweetie?"

"She's just getting some snacks inside,"

"Alright then." Scootaloo started for the door before Apple Bloom stopped her.

"We're not eating them here, we're heading to the clubhouse." she said.

"Oh," Scootaloo stated, "I guess I just kind of assumed we were staying here."

"Well you thought wrong, so suck it up."

"So, how's everything going with Pip?" Scootaloo asked curiously.

"Pretty good actually, but nothing very noteworthy. Unless you count hangin' out in the orchards." she chuckled. "how about Rumble?"

"I'll tell you at the tree-house."

"Tell us what?" Sweetie Belle asked, walking out the door with a large bag of cookies, as well as three different kinds of milkshakes, taking a moment to sip from her own.

"At the tree house." Scootaloo repeated. Apple Bloom rolled her eyes as the three turned for Sweet Apple Acres, Scootaloo flying close above.

"There's no need to be so secretive ya know," Sweetie Belle said after a slurp, "It's not like your marrying him or anything."

"What?!" Scootaloo exclaimed, stopping in the air. She caught herself before she could plunge into Apple Bloom. Sweetie Belle giggled at her red faced friend.

"Relax, You're making such a big deal over it." she said as she and Apple Bloom burst into another fit of giggles.

"Sorry, I just can't imagine myself," she cringed," marrying anypony. Let alone Rumble."

"You never thought you'd ever date anypony either," Apple Bloom remarked. Scootaloo turned redder and covered her face again, groaning from embarrassment whilst her friends continuously giggled.


"Here we are, the lovely clubhouse," Apple Bloom announced, opening the door. Scootaloo was a bit surprised to find a bunch of pillows stacked together in one corner. And from the look on Sweetie's face, so was she.

"Ah' figured we could be a bit more comfortable in here." Apple Bloom explained. "Go ahead, take a few."

Scootaloo took an enormous mauve pillow from the stack, it was surprisingly bigger than she was. Sweetie took a similar green one, before they all took to lying on their own. Sweetie Belle displaying the snacks she'd bought.

"Spill it," she commanded, looking in Scootaloo's direction.

"Well you girls are gonna be pretty surprised to hear about my new house," Scootaloo grinned.

"Your new house!?" the two asked in unison. Apple Bloom nearly spat out her milkshake.

"You've got ta show it to us sometime!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. "I'd love to visit.

"That might be a bit difficult, considering it's not exactly on the ground."

"Not a problem." Sweetie Belle said. "We'll ask Twilight to do that cloud walking spell, she's found a way to make it permanent anyway."

"That's not it though," Scootaloo replied with a grin.

"Oh, will you stop with the riddles? What could possibly be next? Tell us everything!" Sweetie Belle demanded.

"I live with someone now."

"Who?!" her friends asked, clearly forgetting about Rumble.

"Rumble, of course." Scootaloo said. Her friends squealed excitedly before swarming her with questions.

"Why didn't ya tell us sooner?"

"How long have you lived with him?"

"Did he ask you to move in, or did ya decide on your own?"

"Do you have separate rooms?"

More and more frantic questions came her way, and Scootaloo answered them to the best of her ability, deciding not to mention what happened the night before. In case her friends got the same idea. When their talking finally slowed, Scootaloo decided to change the subject.

"What about you, Sweetie? Anything worth mentioning?"

Sweetie Belle smiled. "I guess that you can say that certain promises have been made." she then turned to her saddle bag, where she pulled out a necklace with a silver ring attached.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom gasped.

"A promise ring?" the two asked, their voices overlapping.

"It sure is beautiful, isn't it?" Sweetie Belle asked, holding out the necklace proudly with her magic. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom gawked at it, taking in every detail. From the swirled designs etched in it, to the words 'I love you' engraved ever so slightly.

"It's beautiful," AB said in a hushed voice.

"That's not all," Sweetie Belle grinned. "I'm going to Canterlot this summer for an official show! And you two are coming with me!"

Now it was her turn to be swarmed with questions, this time including thanks and congratulations in the mix.

"We should do something to celebrate all of this." Apple Bloom decided. Sweetie Belle perked up and grabbed the scrapbooks on one of the shelves of the tree-house. Save for a few pages, the first one was almost as empty as the other four.

"Where'd you get those?" Scootaloo asked.

"I've always wanted to make one, just about us. And now that we're adults, we can make a new one!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Ah' should've known," Apple Bloom said, "alright, let's do it. What've we got to lose?"

Sweetie Belle clapped her hooves together excitedly before snapping a selfie of the three of them.

"To being adults," she declared, holding up her milkshake. Scootaloo and Apple Bloom click their cups to hers.

"To being adults!" they repeated. Sweetie grinned and snapped another picture.

Author's Note:

Hope you lovely all enjoy this little chapter, I had a ton of fun writing it. Be sure to tell me what you all thought below, I'll be sure to read them when I can. If you have a suggestion on how I can improve, a few chapter or a story, feel free to let me know! Once again, thanks for reading, and for your patience. It's greatly appreciated.:twilightsmile:

Peace, Love, Tolerate,

-Candy:heart: