• Published 21st Apr 2016
  • 646 Views, 9 Comments

Twilight Sparkle goes to Heritage Highschool - Dark Chocolate



The Princess of Friendship may have met her match when she transfers to the worst school in Colorado and tries to spread the magic of friendship. Ruled by a social order that is similar to Federal prison, Twilight will have her work cut out for her!

  • ...
14
 9
 646

My First Day, And My First Friends!

"I know Pinkie, but this school really needs my help!" I say over the phone.
Pinkie lets out a long sigh on the other end.
"Ya but this school is really bad, like should be burnt to the ground bad. I went there part of my freshmen year. I think you may have bitten off more than you can chew..."
I'm both offended and baffled, "Pinkie! That's extremely rude! How could you say such a thing! I'm sure all they need is a good attitude, and a helping hand!" I close my eyes and put a hand on my hip, confident in my words.
Pinkie sighs again, "Twilight look just...if things get really bad, just...curl up into a ball or throw money at them and run ok?"
I pause for a few seconds "Thanks Pinkie, that's very reassuring." I say with an intentionally flat tone.
I see the sign for Heritage Highschool on my left and the bus begins its gradual deceleration.
"Pinkie, I gotta let you go, we're here! Call you at lunch?"
She says yes and hangs up with a very depressed tone.
I put the phone in my book bag and reassure myself that today was going to be fantastic and full of opportunity!

The bus pulls up infront of the school. As I exit the bus, there's five boys in a fist fight to my right. I gasp, and look for an administrator. I see a tall man, very well built, with blue hair and brown skin standing near a trash can, smoking a cigarette in front of a *No smoking* sign.
I run up to him "Sir sir! There's a fight going on over there, those boys need your help!"
He looks down at me for a few seconds, then goes back to staring off into space, while taking another drag.
A few ticks of silence go by. I glance over and see that one boy is on the ground, being kicked by three others.
I look back at the man, "What' wrong?! Don't you care?!"
He shrugs, "Not really. They're just doing a gang initiation, he'll be fine. Besides, I gotta make sure students stay clear of the parking lot for now."
I raise a quizzical eyebrow and glance at what he was referring to. Several police officers are bent over a chalk outline of a person on the ground, talking with eachother.
I gasp "What happened?!"
The administrator takes another drag then exhales "Nothing really, just another stabbing."
I stare at him in disbelief.
Unable to find a solution, I regretfully headed inside to the main office.

There's an older lady with gray hair, and pink skin looking very grumpy at the front desk. She sits in a booth, surrounded by what appears to be bullet proof glass, and has a small slit for talking. I walk up to her with my biggest smile.
"Hi! My names Twilight Sparkle and this is my first day! How are you?" The woman glances up at me, then goes back to reading her magazine. I stand on my tiptoes to see what she's reading. I'm unable to speak when I see pictures of boys roughly my age making out and shirtless on the page. I stand there awkwardly, unsure of what to say.

"I um...I would like to get a copy of your school map if you don't mind! I'd hate to get lost in your wonderful school!" I do my best to sound as cheerful as I can. The lady looks up and points to another booth off to my left. I wave and thank her, then walk over to the other booth.
A few minutes go by before I realize there's no one inside. I walk back to the first booth, but before I get a word in, the lady puts up a small sign saying "closed" and goes back to reading her magazine. I stare at her, not wanting to be rude. I knock on the glass in several intervals, until she turns her back to me, still reading her...magazine.
I tap on the glass one last time, "Um...excuse me ma'am? Could you please-"
She whirls around with a red face, and starts screaming at me. I can't understand the language she uses, but it's clear she wants me to leave.

I sigh and decide to just do a bit of exploring since I had time before chemistry. As I walked through the halls, I couldn't help but notice the deplorable state of the lockers. There were either scratch marks all over, foul language tagged onto the front, or the doors were off their hinges. There were clicks everywhere, as everyone either had red or blue bandannas on their head, wore all black with spikes and dark makeup, or looked extremely famished with messy hair and red eyes. I clutch my Book of Friendship tightly to my chest, trying not to let my anxiousness show.

Different music played every 50 feet, as students sat around various speakers connected to mp3 players. It was all mostly about sex, drugs, alcohol, or cheating on your girlfriend. I do my best to smile at everyone, but there's always a nervous hint to it, as I'm eyed up and down suspiciously. I take a left, and follow the locker numbers until I find mine, 116. I pull out my other books and blank paper, and place them inside. I place my hands on my hips proudly, admiring my name written in sparkly pink pen on the top of my spirals. There's a card taped on the inside of the door. i pull it off and read it "For a good time, call Betsy 555-468-2150" I drop the card in disgust. I quickly slip into the girls bathroom, needing a small breather.

There's two girls at the sink, trying to pierce their ears with a thumbtack. I can't help but notice what has to be a teacher standing at the back of the bathroom, by the last stall. She has black hair and green skin, and wears a light blue windbreaker.
I walk up to her, doing my best to appear non-threatening, "Um hi ma'am! I'm Twilight Sparkle and this is my first day at your wonderful school! Mind if I ask what you're standing here for?"
She grins and nods her head a few times, "Well depends on whatcha need, cause Betsy always got whatcha need."
I pep up a bit "Oh fantastic! Do you have a map?"
She nods "Hell yeah, Betsy got your map. You got Lit 1?"
I nod proudly. She pulls a folder from behind her, rummages through it then pulls out a piece of paper.
She holds it out infront of me, "First test of the semester, all the answers, guaranteed A."
I stare at her blankly for a bit, "Wait, you're selling answers to tests?!"
Betsy nods with that same grin never leaving her face, "Hell yeah."
I narrow my eyes, "I'm sorry but I'm afraid I'm going to have to report this to the literature teacher."
Betsy laughs, "Girl I am the literature teacher bitch!"
My mouth hangs open in shock "You know you're depriving them of an education by offering the easy way out right? Don't you care about their future?!"
Betsy laughs again "Girl look round, most dez kids gonna en up pregnant or pumpin' gas. Betsy just tryina earn a buck on da side."
I hear quiet moans from the stall next to us. I glance in and see two students having sex.
I stare at Betsy awkwardly "Um...are you going to allow that?"
Betsy glares at me and takes a defensive step forward "Don'chu be tryina stop my girl's business! She gotta put food on the table too!"
I widen my eyes and raise an eyebrow, "Wh...what do you mean?"

The stall door opens and a young girl re latches her bra, as the boy scoots past us casually. I can't think of anything to say. A different boy brushes past me, hands Betsy a twenty, then goes into the stall with the girl. I hear the sounds of kissing followed by clothing being taken off.
I start shaking and storm out of the bathroom. I was grateful Spike stayed home with a tummy ache, I'd hate to expose such a young dragon to all this.

As I reentered the hallway, I see a girl with red hair and white skin skin. She has these massive loops through her earrings that I can't help but look at. She eyes me angrily, "Whatchu lookin' at bitch!?"
All I can do is stammer, "I...I wasn't doing..."
The girl stomps up to me, "You better throw down your colors skank! This hallway SOL territory bitch!"
I stare at her confused, "Wh...SOL? I apologize, I'm not sure what you mean-" I get scared as the girl brings her fists infront of her "You wanna go smart mouth bitch?!"
She circles me as I try to avoid getting closer. Kids surround us, chanting "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" I start trembling and drop my book. I hold up my arms with my hands wide open, trying to seem as non-aggressive as I can.

I'm trembling so bad it's affecting my balance, "L-l-look, lets talk about this, we don't need to fight! This was a misunderstanding!"
The girl keeps circling around, not giving me a chance to run. Suddenly a bunch of one dollar bills get flung into the air. Everyone dives in excitedly. A small hand clamps onto my arm. A girl with yellow hair and pink skin screams at me to run. I follow her as we dash down the hallway and dip to the very next left. We both pant heavily, just glad to be out of there.

I regain my composure, and stand up straight. I hold out my hand, "Thank you so much for saving me! I'll try to repay you tomorrow! I'm Twilight Sparkle by the way, I'm new here!"
The girl gawks at me, "Oh...you're Twilight Sparkle?" She looks at the ground awkwardly.
I look at her with surprise, "Why yes I am! Have you heard of me?"
The girl shakes her head while still avoiding eye contact. We stand there silently for a few minutes.
I decide to break the silence with a friendly gesture, "So...what's your name?"
She sighs uncomfortably, "Look...I'm really sorry about this."
I'm confused, "Um...sorry for-"
She punches me and I land on the floor. I hold my cheek with tears in my eyes, "What did you do that for!?"
The girl runs off. I get to my feet and stand there. Several kids look at me and start laughing.
I stomp off looking for my chemistry class. After 10 minutes I finally find a map of the school that doesn't have a gang tag on it. Luckily chemistry is only a few doors down. I smile in relief. As I start walking away, I her a kid run up and tag the map with spray paint.

I sit at the back of the room, worried that someone walking by me might try to shank me. The tables are mostly held together with ducktap, and have numerous swears and rap lyrics carved into them. I'm horrified as the yellow haired girl quietly walks up to me and sits down to my left. I sit there terrified of another attack.

She glances to her sides and leans closer to me, "Dude I'm so sorry, it's just being really nice will get you jumped here." I gawk at her, "You get jumped for having friends?!" She nods shyly. The girl from the hallway walks in and glares at me. My "friend" quickly shoves my books off the table. I sigh annoyed, lean over, and pick up my spiral. Before I can lean up, I notice at least five ankle monitors on five different students. I grumble and sit up.

The teacher walks in, dressed like he just got out of P.E. Actually judging from the whistle around his neck and his gym shorts, he was the gym teacher. He tells us to open our chemistry books to page 114. I'm the only one who does it. He sits at his desk and starts messing with his laptop. There's a few framed pictures behind him. From the reflection on them, I can tell the teacher is on facebook instead of actually doing his job.

We sit there silently. By silently, I mean I was silent while everyone else threw balled up paper, and blasted music. I couldn't get more than one sentence in without being torn from my concentration. I look off to my right at a sudden circle of students. They're having a rap battle...in the middle of chemistry. I look at the gym teacher, who sits in his chair surfing the internet. I calmly pack up my stuff and carefully walk over to his desk, doing everything in my power to avoid eye-contact. My rear gets slapped about eleven times before I get to his desk.

I stop in front of him, politely letting him initiate the conversation. I start trembling again with anxiety. About 10 minutes pass, and he hasn't even looked at me once. I do my best to be as polite as possible, "Excuse me, sir?" He looks up at me and smiles, "Hey what's your name darling?"
I breath a sigh of relief, "I'm Twilight Sparkle! Nice to meet you! What's your name?"
He goes back to typing on his laptop. A few clicks later, I can see he's searched me on facebook. He smiles and nods, "Wow you're a cutie aren't you?" I see his cursor in the reflection click on *Add Friend*. My lips start to curl as I slowly start losing it. "Excuse me sir, are you going to teach us or do we just read?" He gets annoyed and leans back in his chair, looking at me indignantly, "go to the principal's office."
I tremble. I've never been sent to the principal's office before! "But but but..."
He shakes his head "No one tells me how to do my job." I start crying as I turn around and start to leave. He calls my name.
I turn around, tears streaming down my face. He points at his laptop, "Make sure you accept my request if you wanna pass."

I ball my hands into fists and scream while stomping out. I go straight for my locker. "I'll just go to the nurse and tell her I have a tummy ache after I meet with the principal. I'd hate to lie, but I honestly just need a while to compose myself." When I get to my locker, the padlock is on the ground. Someone had snipped it off with bolt cutters. I open the door and almost start crying again. All my stuff was gone, including the blank paper. I hear a few timid footsteps behind me. I whirl around and see the same yellow haired girl from earlier. I narrow my eyes.

She sighs "I'm sorry about your locker."
I eye her suspiciously, "Do you mean you're sorry about my locker, or do you mean you're sorry about my locker?"
She looks down with guilt. "I used your paper to make the money." I start shaking with anger, "You...you stole my stuff to make counterfeit money?!" She pulls my Book of Friendship from behind her back and hands it to me timidly. My eyes light up as I take it from her. My grateful high lowers as I can't help but ask about the curious, transparent, sticky substance making the pages stick together.
"Um...what is this stuff?"

She rubs the back of her neck embarrassed, "It's um...jizz. There were several boys jacking off onto it in the guys bathroom. Thought you might still want it back." I stare at the book in horror, and toss it into the backpack as fast as possible. I stop caring and storm out of the building. I had never disobeyed a teacher before and I had never ditched, but I couldn't be here any longer.
I wait for the first local bus to show up, climb aboard, pull out my phone, and immediately dial Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie picks up the phone before the first ring is even finished, "Twilight are you ok?!"
I start sobbing, "Pinkie it was awful! First steps off the bus, there's a gang initiation, someone got stabbed in the parking lot apparently, and the administration doesn't care at all to help me! I mean the lady at the front doesn't speak English and was reading a gay porn magazine!"
Pinkie "Wow...I can't believe she's still working there..."

I grit my teeth angrily and continue, "And get this: five boys apparently raped the book of friendship! Who rapes the book of friendship! Like they took it into the boys bathroom and took turns ejaculating all over it because they thought it was funny! And my only friend at school bullies me so she doesn't look weak! Also I went into the girls bathroom and the literature teacher was selling the answers to her own tests in there! Also she was helping her own daughter prostitute herself in the stall right next to her!"
Pinkie "Wow...I can't believe Betsy still teaches. She was technically fired...also I think her daughters like a super super super senior."


I sigh "At the end of the day, I came back to my locker, someone had apparently got past my lock with bolt cutters, and stole all my blank paper! BLANK! PAPER! Who steals that?!"
Pinkie laughs "Oh Clepty! She's great! Tell her hi for me!"


I hold up my hands in defeat, "I mean...what the hell is wrong with this school?! Why doesn't the Superintendent do anything?!"

Pinkie goes silent for a bit, "Well, she tried."
I'm confused "What do you mean she tried? What happened?"
Pinkie "Um...you saw the chalk lines in front of the school right?"
I stare towards the front of the bus silently.

Comments ( 5 )

7147596 Eh...it was suppose to be more of a dark comedy. I'm over all that stuff by now, was many years ago lol, but I appreciate the sympathy! Does this not come across as humorous to anyone?

7147734 Heritage Middleschool got changed to Timberline Middleschool, so I guess the name was up for grabs. I've never heard of Heritage Highschool however

I feel you man, I live in South Memphis and go to Hamilton High School. Also known as "Club Hamilton". I somehow am surviving sophomore year there. This year, there was three gang wars in and outside of the school. 2 people got shot on the 3rd floor and a riot on the first and second. I'm lucky that I managed to escape that fiasco alive. Anyways, I saw the story and saw you made it, I hope I can too.

W-woah, is this true? If it is, I'm so sad it happened to you.

Dark comedy you claim it to be, yet the humor I cannot see? :unsuresweetie:

7467451 Yeah I get that a lot with this one. Owell. And yeah but this is the lighter side. The full story is on my profile at the bottom of the page past the comments.

Login or register to comment