• Published 21st Apr 2016
  • 1,379 Views, 114 Comments

Aria - SprocketProductions



Aria is a male to female transgender pony with struggles even more than normal ponies

  • ...
42
 114
 1,379

7 The First Day of My Life

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned as light poured into the bedroom. I was muzzle to muzzle with a stallion covered in golden fur, with a darker golden mane. Flare was practically legally blind, so even if he were awake, he wouldn't be able to see my eyes open to look at him without his prescription glasses. I gingerly slipped out of the bed and powered up my computer to log into MagickPhoenix. I watched the news feed load to many ponies posting about the new Legend of Epona game. I had seen the trailer a week before and had been hyped for it to come out ever since.

I yawned again and scratched my head with my hoof. Looking at my partner, I saw that he was still sound asleep. I quietly walked out the room and into the kitchen. In making plans to move in, I had suggested an espresso maker, much like the one at my old house. I knew how to make really good coffee with it. I fired up the coffee grinder to grind the beans and scooped some of the grounds out to put them in the coffee holding part which I could never get the name of. I hooked the part in and placed a coffee mug under it, pressing the button for it to brew. As it slowly filled up the mug, I went to grab milk and agave nectar.

I was just in time getting back to press the button on the espresso maker. It would've overflown had I waited a few seconds longer. I removed the mug and squirted some agave nectar into the mug and poured some milk in after it. I retrieved a spoon to stir the ingredients together and proceeded back to the bedroom. When I arrived, I grabbed Flare's glasses, put them on him, set the cup of coffee on his nightstand, and kissed him on the cheek. I gently lifted him up and shook him a bit. He smiled at me.

"Good morning, Aria." He cheerfully spoke.

I responded, "Morning. I made you some coffee. Sumatra with milk and agave nectar."

"Wow, didn't know you'd treat me like royalty in this relationship." He remarked.

I commented, "Says the one who bought all natural Sumatra coffee beans, a top of the line espresso maker, and agave nectar."

We both snickered a bit before Flare started to get ready while I made another cup of coffee for myself, placing the milk and agave nectar back in the fridge. I took a few sips of my coffee as I took my dog out back. My parents may have rushed me out of the house, but they wouldn't have taken my dog from me without becoming dead bodies. I loved her and they could not separate us no matter how hard they tried. I checked my phone while I was out back. I had five missed calls from Aurora and a text message that said "CALL ME" in all caps and everything.

I called her immediately, "Hello, Aurora?"

"Aria! What happened!? I saw your parents really upset. You didn't actually move out, did you?" She worriedly asked.

I explained, "It's cool. I did move out. I came out to them and they... well, let's just say they didn't take it too well."

"Oh my Celestia, Aria! They're worried sick!" She exclaimed.

I replied, "I honestly don't care. They can be as worried as they want."

"Can you at least call them?" She pleaded.

I responded, "I might, in a few days. What they said to me still isn't sitting right with me."

"Fine, just as long as you let them know you're okay." She said.

I thought for a moment after she hung up. My parents were really already worried about me? I thought they hated transgender ponies. I was genuinely shocked at the revelation. I set my phone down on the counter as I walked into the bathroom and turned the knobs on the tap. I watched the water flow out, gracefully at first as its flow went from smooth to rampant. I switched the water to the showerhead and stepped in. I followed my routine as usual. Shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, body wash, soap, and finally, facial cleanser. I rinsed off all the suds and then turned off the water.

I stood in the bathtub, dripping. Looking down at my hooves, I thought. My parents still cared about me. Perhaps they didn't hate trans ponies nearly as much as I thought. I grabbed a towel and dried myself off, stepping out of the bathroom and walking up to the bedroom. I had just applied my make-up and pulled on my socks when we heard the doorbell ring. My ears twitched as I looked curiously at Flare.

"Expecting somepony?" I asked.

He answered, "Expecting something. A package. A gift for you."

We smiled as we made our way to the front door. I nuzzled him a bit, wrapping a leg around him in a hug as we walked. When he opened the front door, a grey pegasus with a blonde mane and tail and a peculiar eye alignment was standing in front of us holding a package in her mouth.

"Pwckage fwor Fware Fiwe." The pony's muffled voice sounded.

Flare took the package gently from the mare's mouth, "Thank you, Ms. Hooves."

The pegasus nodded as she took off, a letter or two fluttering out of her mailbag. I closed the door as Flare took the package to the table to open it. I sat next to him, looking intently at the brown paper wrapping, as if I were going to will it to unwrap itself. After a few moments, I realized that Flare wanted me to open it. I ripped the paper off carefully to reveal a book. This was not just any book though, it was a spellbook. The lettering on it read "a guide to changing the equine body" painted in gold decorative font. I was amazed that Flare was able to find this, especially from where.

"How exactly did you get an advanced spellbook off the internet?" I inquired.

He smiled, "Everfree has everything short of houses. I could probably find genuine shrunken heads on it if I were so inclined."

"So can I use it?" I excitedly asked.

He looked at my eyes, "It would require another magic using pony to cast the spell. And I've been working on my magic strength for the past few months."

"Fire away." I said.

Flare read through the book extremely quickly using a speed reading spell. I had always wondered what it was like to use that spell. I wondered if it would be like instantaneous memory of the whole book or if it would be as if you froze time just to read through the book. I was thinking about this trivial development to the point that I first didn't realize that the spell had been cast. I looked down, seeing my hooves looking the same as always, only with socks. I tested my default voice, hearing the deep male tone come out.

"I guess it doesn't... whoa..." The whole room began to spin.

I began to feel extremely dizzy, to the point that I fell out of the chair and stared up at the ceiling. I felt my body gently shrink in areas and slightly grow in others. I felt my male reproduction system metamorphosize into a female one. I felt the vocal cords in my throat tighten. Once the process was finished, I stood up, seeing the once again still room.

Flare looked at me, "It worked! Now you have three days to decide if you like this. Then we can go to somepony with permanent body spells."

"Thank you so much!" I hugged him.

I was shorter now as well, and I didn't meet eye level with him now. My horn was just about to the middle of his ear. His hug felt far more protective, far more secure. With my new feminine form, I felt like I belonged with him more than I already had. I knew that I would absolutely love the next three days.

Author's Note:

She needed a bit of a break from stuff going wrong. So being physically female for three days is a pretty good break from that, isn't it?