• Published 22nd Apr 2016
  • 1,004 Views, 30 Comments

The Tag Team From Tartarus - PonySage86



When Chrysalis Sombra and Tirek all team up will the Mane six and the Princesses be able to defeat them? And what is Discord up to during all this?

  • ...
3
 30
 1,004

Return To Form (unfinished)

Princess Luna is flying through the sky, she looks down and smiles at the homes of her sleeping subjects, pleased that everypony seems to be having pleasant dreams. A minute later she lands on a nearby cliff and looks out over the forest, a small frown appears on her face as she thinks of the nightmare she had sensed not to long ago. Luna had felt it somepony had infiltrated somepony elses dream, she couldn't tell who the attacker or the victim were but she knew it couldn't be good. The dream only lasted a minute and she felt nothing from the dream realm, the victim must have... Luna is taken from her thoughts as she senses a large number of ponies leave the dream realm all at once, she turns toward Canterlot and launches herself off the cliff into the night sky. It doesn't take her long to get to Canterlot, but Luna wasn't prepared for what she sees hovering above the capital. Discord is floating above the city a giant ball of red energy hovering just above his talon hand.

"Discord!" Luna shouts in surprise, She begins flying toward him. Discord looks up from the ground and begins searching for the source of the voice.

"Luna!" Discord looks around a second longer before his eyes lock onto Luna, Luna gasps as she gets a good look at Discord's eyes, the yellow of his eyes have turned neon green and purple streams of magic are flowing from the corners of his eyes.

"Sombra has a hold of his mind!" Luna slows herself down, as Discord flashes her a toothy grin.

"There you are!" Discord throws the incomplete ball of energy at Luna, she quickly blasts it with her dark blue magic causing the ball of energy to explode. Luna sees Discord dashing through the smoke just in time to block the attack with her hoof. Discord growls at Luna before jumping back from her. He flexes his fingers and the fingers on his talon hand and the claws on his paw hand transform into red and black blades that resemble Sombra's horn, Luna gulps at the sight.

"I'm going to tear you apart!" Discord screams as he lunges at Luna swiping his claw at her, she dodges each swipe and then blasts him with a blast from her horn. Discord fly's back a short distance, he corrects himself and looks at Luna slightly confused. Luna grimaces, her plan was to weaken Sombra's hold on Discord with that blast.

"Discord you must stop!" Luna shouts at him, she smiles when she sees him flinch in response. "Sombra is in your mind, you must fight him!"

"What do you think I'm doing!" Discord screams as he dashes toward Luna again, She holds up a hoof to block Discord's attack, but Discord teleports just before they collide, Luna's eyes widen as she snaps her head around predicting him to reappear behind her. But Discord didn't teleport behind her, Luna's eyes widen as she sees Discord reappear in the same place he had been before vanishing. Discord swings his talon and Luna feels his claws rip through the left side of her face across the face, She screams in pain as she instinctively clutches her left eye. Before she can react Discord punches her in the chest, Luna reflexively clutches her stomach, she tries to look at Discord but her one eye is forced shut by the wound, and the blood makes it hard to see out of her one good eye. Luna feels Discord grab her around the waist with his tail, the next thing she knows shes being flung through the air into a nearby building , and then she feels the air rush pastas she is flung into another building. Luna begins desperately charging magic into her horn.

Luna feels Discord unwrap his tail from her body, she takes in a deep breathe and focuses more magic into her horn. She gasps in pain as Discord suddenly stabs his talon into her back, she feels herself flying through the air as Discord flings her across the street. Luna braces herself for the collision with the next building, but instead of hitting the building Luna feels Discord swipe her across the chest with his claws, the force propels her into the air. She doesn't fly up too long before, she feels Discord's claws grip her throat, she then feels air rush past them as they plummet back toward the ground. Luna diverts a small amount of magic from her horn to create a safety bubble that she hopes will lessen the blow, suddenly she feels their speed double kind of like a sonic rainboom the next thing she feels is the impact on the ground, and the sound of an explosion. Luna squints through the blood in her good eye, she can make out the blurry image of Discord glaring down her, she feels him dig his talons into her neck, she feels her blood pouring out of the fresh wounds.

"D-Dis-cord." Luna pleads.

"Lulu?" Luna gives a weak smile at the nickname, and the concern in Discord's voice.

"P-please... s-stop." Luna begs, her hopes of breaking the curse, are dashed as Discord suddenly snaps his neck down to glare at her.

"What is so damn funny!?" Luna gasps as Discord tightens his grip on her throat, she begins to panic, the force on her neck is making impossible for her to focus on her spell, she can barely breathe, she can't even talk.

"Red blood?" Luna raises an eyebrow at Discord's sudden question. "But I thought your blood was-"

"What do you mean?" Luna hears Discord ask, she gasps as the pressure on her neck is suddenly lessened, not wasting a moment Luna unleashes her spell, she does something she has never done before, something not even Celestia has done before. With all her strength Luna raised the sun... two hours early. The bright light from the sun momentarily blinds Luna, she goes limb from the effort of raising her sisters celestial body while lowering her own at the same time, she begins to black out, all her energy is spent and her wounds have finally caught up with her, before she loses consciousness she smiles at the blurry sight of Discord's normal yellow eyes.

It's up to you Celestia bring Discord back from the darkness.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Luna I'm so sorry!" Discord screams at the unconscious princess of night, he turns his attention to his hands, he gazes at their red and blacks blades. He whispers in horror. "What have I done?"

"The same thing you always do." Discord turns his gaze from Luna toward the cold voice that had spoken, he stares up at Celestia who just glares down at him.

"Look Celestia this was-"

"I know what's going on Discord." Discord blinks up at the Princess of the sun.

"Y-you do?" Discord ask nervously, Celestia slowly makes her way down the crater, stopping a short distance away from Discord and her sister. Discord and Celestia stare at each other, the lord of chaos filled with anxiety and fear, the princess of the sun filled with rage.

"Step away from my sister." Celestia demands, her eyes narrowing at the lord of chaos, Discord blinks at her, and then glances back down at Luna, before returning his gaze to Celestia.

"L-look Celestia I can fix this! I can repair the city, I can heal Lu-" Before Discord can finish his thought Celestia launches a hoof at his face, the force sends him flying through the air colliding with the wall of the crater. Discord wipes some dirt off his face, he stares at Celestia in surprise, her eyes are glowing like the fires of the sun.

"Do not say her name." Celestia's glare intensifies. "You no longer have the right."

"Look Celestia I know i screwed up her but it wasn't me Sombra was tricking-"

"I told you i already know what's going on Discord." Discord blinks at Celestia baffled by her comment. "I know Sombra was influencing your mind."

"Then why are you so-" Discord begins raising an eyebrow at her.

"I also know that if Luna hadn't raised the sun early that you would have killed her." Discord winches at that. He silently curses himself, he glances down at his talon and paw and quickly returns his claws to their normal state, he looks toward Luna and snaps his fingers... but nothing happens. Discord's eyes widen, he snaps his fingers again... once more Luna remains unhealed, becoming more panicked Discord continues snapping his fingers trying to heal Luna, after a whole minute of snapping Discord becomes aware of Celestia standing over him.

"I-I don't know what's going on." Discord stammers looking between Luna and Celestia.

"Fluttershy told me that you were wounded by Sombra's blade and that you couldn't heal yourself afterward." Somehow Celestia's glare gets more hate filled. A bead of sweat appears on Discord's forehead.

"Celestia I can fix this really I can, I just need a chance to-"

"I've given you enough chances!" Discord flinches from her outburst, Celestia shouts at Discord once more. "I don't even know why Luna wanted to give you another chance Discord."

"Wait Luna gave me another chance?" Discord asks turning his gaze to the Princess of night.

"Yes it was actually her idea to try and reform you." Celestia turns a her gaze to her sister. "I don't know why... after all of our problems can be traced back to you."

"What do you mean! What have I done!" Discord shouts standing up to his full height.

"You mean other then the two times you took over Equestria!" Celestia spits at Discord.

"Y-yes other then those." Discord curses himself for that momentary stupidity.

"Hmm let's see!" Celestia shouts sarcastically. "Too name a few, your the one who gave Sombra access to dark magic!"

"Okay i may have-"

"You 'blessed' Tirek with the power to drain magic." Discord's eyes widen.

"I did that?" He asks trying to remember.

"Yes you did. You also wrote the resurrection spell that is causing our current problems, I believe you also wrote a time travel spell, forged an evil amulet you named the alicorn amulet, and also created a mirror that transports ponies to some bizarre place called high school." Both Discord and Celestia take a second to shutter at the thought. "But do you know your biggest crime?"

"What?" Discord asks, the memories of all his crimes replaying in his head, how had he forgotten all this? Celestia turns her face toward the ground.

"You corrupted my sister's mind and caused her to become Nightmare Moon!" Celestia returns her glare to Discord, the fire in her eyes burning brighter. "I lost my sister for a thousand years because of you Discord! And here I find you trying to take her from me again!"

"Celestia don't lose your temper Sombra might try to-" Before Discord can finish, Celestia suddenly fires a blast of golden energy at a near by building, she doesn't hit anything, but Discord can make out the pained cry of the Lord of Darkness.

"I am light and he is darkness, he can try to manipulate my mind all he wants, but it will never work." Celestia shouts at Discord, but loud enough for Sombra to hear from his hiding spot.

"If you know where he is why don't you deal with him now?" Discord exclaims.

"Because Discord, you need to be dealt with first." Discord grinds his teeth together, he's about to reply when he's cut off by a voice in his head.

"We warned you Discord." Sombra's voice echoes through Discord's head.

"Leave me alone Sombra!" Discord mentally shouts back at the Lord of Darkness, Sombra chuckles in his brain.

"You heard her Discord, they don't care that you've changed, they still blame you for everything." Discord scowls at Sombra's words. It was true Celestia is blaming him for all of their problems, and Discord hadn't even done all that stuff she said... at least he doesn't remember doing them.

"Your always so easily distracted Discord." Discord's head snaps up at the sound of Celestia's voice, he gasps as he sees her charging magic into her horn. He teleports away making some much needed distance between them. As soon as he reappears he throws his paw into the air, just in time to block a golden beam of light shooting from Celestia's horn. Something happens that surprises Discord, when the beam collides with his open paw it hurts. It hurts a lot , in fact it burns like Tartarus, Discord takes a second from the pain to wonder if this is what ants felt like when kids burned them with magnifying glasses. The beam doesn't last too long, and once Celestia stops firing Discord looks at the palm of his paw, the fur has been burnt off, and the skin underneath is charred black, small streams of his golden blood begin pouring out of small cracks in his flesh. Discord's eyes widen at the sight, he slowly turns his head to look at Celestia, who stares back at him the fire still burning in her eyes.

"Oh my Celestia... Celestia is trying to kill me." Discord whispers to himself, fear lines his voice.

:ERROR:

Author's Note:

The Twin

I have decided to cancel this work, I just have no desire to continue working on it at all.

But that doesn't mean I've abandoned it completely, The Tagteam from Tartarus will return in the future but it will have to be rebooted, the general idea will be the same but the plot will be changed drastically.

Sombra will be revived in a different way, characters like Stag Beetle, Night Fly, Lightening Bug, Dragon Fly, Bug Bite and Cherry Blossom will not reappear in the reboot. I won't give away anymore details and I won't tell you when the story will be rebooted but it will be some time after I finish What Is This Feeling.

Comments ( 9 )

7219026 Don't worry, it isn't. Also, why was this cancelled?

7519883
The Twin

I lost the desire to write it, i started adding too many extra characters for no real reason and I wasn't overly happy with the direction I was going with it.

Basically it stopped being fun for me. But I will reboot this in the future but not anytime soon.

Sad to hear that, but I understand. After all, there have been a few times where I've lost interest in my stories.

....I understand...well! I guess I can look into your other work now! :)

8206079
The Twin
Thank you for reading my cancelled story, glad you liked it. My other work is What is this strange feeling. The other ones are my brothers.

Already read it last night :ajsmug: it was awesomesauce...at first I was scared to read it since I hate love triangles but I'm glad I did! Keep up the great work!

Why did you cancel this story?

8419709
The Twin
I gave a short explanation in the authors note, but the main reason is that after I started working on my other story, What Is This Strange Feeling, I decided to focus on that story and then reboot this one as a sequel to it. I stopped liking the direction this story was going and thought of some new ideas that I like better

Can you summarize everything that happened in this story? I had a vision problem and I have about 100 stories to read, I won't have time to read the big ones anymore.

Login or register to comment