• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 1,620 Views, 3 Comments

Resident Pon-Evil (Mission II) - Operation: Phoenix Fire - Delta 727



The Soldiers of Harmony's Elements celebrate their victory, but ties to their enemy soon emerge...

  • ...
2
 3
 1,620

Journal Of Echo: Part 1

Fall Equinox - 1 Month Since First Contact

I shoulda known that they would try to blow us all up. It's been some time since I met a pony I could trust. Ever since I had mentored Blade, I knew he'd be an honorable stallion. But I'm starting to think that he's losing it. He's barely shown emotion, let alone that revenge means anything to him. Dingo's been saying that he thinks Blade might "Slip from the pouch".

I assume that means Blade's slipping out of his mind ever so slowly.

But he wasn't the only one we're worried about. Chainlink's been pretty ticked since the destruction of Manehattan. Nearly took Cherry's head off. I assume the only thing that stopped him was that either the guards would shoot him on the spot, or he was just glad that he didn't have to know more innocent blood was on his hooves.

X-Ray's been quiet. And I mean more quiet than he usually is. He's hardly said a word, or interacted with anypony. He's been either the most stable or the most unstable of us all. Nopony knows what's going on in his head. When he had been sent to the Infirmary to be searched for injuries, he walked with a limp, but didn't even look as if he was discouraged. Wounds like his could or could not be serious. I heard from the rest that he hasn't shown even the slightest sign of emotion since they saw the "apparition of Acid". I feel like they were just hallucinating from the post-traumatic stress. Acid's dead. They need to learn to move on, but somehow I feel X-Ray had some sort of connection to her.

I didn't think he was the closet-lovebird type.

Marigold's been as upbeat as she was since she arrived. Sarcastic when she sees fit, but serious when the time is right. Revenge means nothing to her, she just wants to kill with the rest of us, and have a bucking good time doing it. I'd say she might get herself killed like that, but she's not the kind of mare that makes mistakes.

Nova Team's been their old selves. Dingo's kinda like Marigold, but he's been prone to a mistake or two. Socket has had his sophistication in check, and has kept up with the technology with the search-and-repair teams. Cell's been quiet, only speaking when necessary. Being the medic, her skills are unquestionable, but she's kinda like X-Ray. She shows next to no emotion whatsoever. She has no known surviving family, although it seems as though many of us lost our families in the outbreak.

And finally, the newest members of our team.

Itzel and her daughter, TrailBlaze.

Itzel and TrailBlaze are both Alicorns, which is strange, 'cause I don't remember Celestia and Luna having very many relatives past their niece, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Whoever they are, Itzel's a blademaster, and even TrailBlaze has a heart of gold, even though TrailBlaze has recently broken her wing in the explosion of Manehattan. Turns out they had ties to Harrow, too. They survived quite well on their own, but it's not impossible that Harrow is out for their heads. Even though the members of Harrow's leading staff have been locked up, there's no telling if there are any left from Harrow still out there. I'm assuming that they're the ones who sabotaged the barrier, and may be the ones out for our blood, even Itzel's and TrailBlaze.

Bucking shame they got stuck with us.

Well, Harmony's Elements have already killed Dmitri and left Harrow to shame, as well as they've made it this far. Let's hope our luck can last longer than the Infected.

... Celestia forbid we're out first.

~ Chaos