• Published 20th Apr 2016
  • 3,591 Views, 15 Comments

An Interesting Child - pvzMLP



Fluttershy was always one the most caring ponies in all of Equestria. Helping every animal and pony any chance she got. But, when she saves a young colt who has no idea who he is, will she be able to step up and take care of this child?

  • ...
3
 15
 3,591

Chapter 2

It was a painful experience for the foal as Redheart applied the medical ointment to the wound. He did his best to hold back the tears, but the pain was seethingingly unbearable to stay still through. But Fluttershy held his hoof with her own offering him words of encouragement. Finnaly after 30 long minutes Nurse Redheart let out a sigh of relief.

"Luckily since you got him here so fast the infection from the bite was quite minor and I was able handle will without any trouble." She told Fluttershy while bandaging his leg together. "He should be okay as long as he doesn't strain it too much. Be sure to replace the bandages at least once every morning."

Fluttershy let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you Nurse Redheart. I'll send you bits later when I'm home." Fluttershy told her a bright smile on her face.

Redheart then turned and spoke to the foal. "What about you little one? Don't you have a home to get back to?"

He then cried into his still muddy hooves. "I don't know if I even have a home."

Fluttershy then went up to him and he latched onto her as tightly as he could. Redheart had a guilty expression on her face.

"I'm sorry I didn't know." She then said to Fluttershy. "What are you going to do?"

Fluttershy felt nervous. She didn't expect to be thrust into this position like this. She didn't want to send him to the orphanage, but what could she do? This colt might have a family somewhere else. She couldn't just send him to the orphanage when they're looking for him. Then a thought occured to her.

"I-I guess I'll t-take care of you." She said to foal. Redheart looked at her quite shocked. She obviously hadn't expected this response the normally shy marre.

The foal then looked up at her his dragon eyes wide with suprise and tears. "You-you will?"

Fluttershy then nodded before the foal held onto her even tighter. "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!"

Fluttershy then hugged him back while Redheart looked at her from the sideline. She still looked quite shocked. Probably because she didn't think that Fluttershy would accept and take care of this child.

But what else could she do?

************************************************************************************************************

After leaving the hospital and the foal saying thank you to Redheart they were on their way to Fluttershys cottage. Recieving a few...curious looks. Probably because Fluttershy has a muddy foal sitting on her back.

Soon after arriving back at the cottage they were greeted by a rather ticked looking rabbit.

"Angel what is it?" Fluttershy asked. Angel then started to talk to her by using his paws to describe what he was telling her.

"You...are mad...that I...woke...you up....and would....like me...to go get....you a....treat?" The bunny then nodded happily waiting for her response.

"Oh, I'm sorry Angel, but I have to get this foal cleaned up and set up his room before I do anything else." Fluttershy told her recieving a few angry gestures from the rabbit.

'Gasp!' "Angel! We do not use those words to talk about others. And just for that you won't be getting a treat." Fluttershy told him sternly. The rabbit then hopped away to the kitchen to get himself some carrots.

"Oh, I'm really sorry about Angel. He's a real sweetheart once you get to know him." She said turning to the foal on her back. Only to see him yawning in tiredness.

Fluttershy then smiled at his cute behavior and hovered up the stairs to the bathroom. Placing a towel on the hard tile floor she set the foal down and then he proceded to snuggle into the towel.

Fluttershy looked down at him with love in her eyes at this sweet foal. Turning the water on for the bath and checking to make sure it was just warm enough she turned the nozzle to stop the bath from overflowing.

Turning to the foal she noticed that he was practically sleeping while standing up. Grabbing him gently in her hooves she then placed him in the warm bath which then woke him up a little bit.

"Miss Fluttershy?" He said.

"Hmm?" Fluttershy looked at him questionably.

"Why are you helping me so much?"

Fluttershy scrubbed the mud out of his mane as she searched for an answer. Why did she take in this foal? A child is a big difference from an animal. She should have tried looking for his parents after the hospital, but something inside her said it would be a waste of time. So she settled for a partially true answer.

"Well, I love to help other ponies and animals, but after seeing you get hurt. I just felt as though it was my responsibility to help you. After all, what kind of pony would I be if I just left you at the hospital waiting for your parents to find you?"

He then turned to look at her in the eyes a small smile on his face. "Well you definitely wouldn't be the pony I'm looking at right now, that's for sure." He joked.

Fluttershy giggled at his humor. After a lot of scrubbing on his mane, tail and fur he was finnaly cleaned and she was able to see exactly what he looked like.

He was a bat pony with blue Dragon eyes, a light orange coat, a mane and tail with brown and a dark red mixed in and black under his leathery wings.

"So how do I look?" He asked a nervous look on his face.

Fluttershy then turned and opened a nearby cabinet pulling out a small mirror for him to see himself in. After placing it down he became instantly focused on himself, studying himself like Twilight would when she found something she didn't understand.

Finnaly after a little pacing he sat down happily and looked at Fluttershy with a happy look on his face. "I think...I'd like to be called Flare Breeze." He announced.

Fluttershy smiled down at him. "Of course Flare."

************************************************************************************************************
;r&f&g/j(´ P.O.V

"hE IS NOt mEanT tO Be HeRE. hE wILL RuIN tHis wORld. He MuSt nOT LiVE."

Comments ( 11 )
Comment posted by Sonic Rainboom Dash deleted Apr 26th, 2016

"hE IS NOt mEanT tO Be HeRE. hE wILL RuIN tHis wORld. He MuSt nOT LiVE."

well damn, not even five chapters and flare already has haters lol
nice story btw :)

7162970 All will be explained in due time.

I always laugh whenever I read a story with the pony health care system not being free.
Equestria, the land of friendship, where the biggest villain get second(s) chance(s) and where you gotta pay to get medial help...

Anyway, decent chapter, even if I think your protagonist is going along far too easily, no denial, no conflict...

A child is a big difference from an animal.

Not as far as I'm concerned:moustache:

7166562 That wasn't really a proportional response...

;r&f&g/j(´ P.O.V

"hE IS NOt mEanT tO Be HeRE. hE wILL RuIN tHis wORld. He MuSt nOT LiVE."

hhhmmmm I think I have enough of those adoption storys I prefer, to give this a chance.

I mean I never really know what to expect if storys like this start to get mystical. In some storys the bonding moment's suffer because of that, but I give it a fair chance, till now it is good enough.

will there be a next chapter?

if you are happy to make friends, then I'm happy to be your friend :pinkiesmile:

awesome story still has grammar error in it

Login or register to comment