• Published 18th Apr 2016
  • 8,074 Views, 136 Comments

Spike's "Royal" Conundrum - SpikeSupreme13



3 years ago, Princess Ember was granted the title of Dragon Lord thanks to Spike. While her reign was satisfying, it became too much for her to handle alone, but thanks to an old lost rule, Ember found the key to all of her problems........Spike

  • ...
14
 136
 8,074

Perplexing Pointers Part 2*: Canterlot Calamity 1

Spike took a deep, calm breath, and he finally made a decision. “I’ve decided to go with Celestia.”

Twilight gasped, while Celestia owned a “For the Win” face behind her back. Luna simply shook her head.

“Are you sure about this Spike? Since Shining is in the same title and position as you, I would naturally assume that he would be the best option for you” Twilight addressed her surrogate sibling.

“I know what you mean Twi; Shining would be the best point of interest to address my issues to, but in terms of actually doing a good job at being second-in-command and being effective at ruling a nation, I can’t really think of anypony else but Celestia and Luna. I know that they can really provide me with the best tips and advice for this sort of ordeal” Spike declared.

“Trust us Twilight” Celestia addressed her fellow princess. “I promise you nothing short of the bestest and most effective advice for our young co-dragoon lord here. Isn’t that right my little dragon boyyyyy?’ Celestia squished Spike’s malleable cheeks in a motherly and affectionate manner.

“Celestia…….you’re embarrassing me…” Spike whined, wishing that the moment would end much, much sooner. He pulled out of Celestia’s grasp and tried to shake off the embarrassing blush adorning his cheeks. He managed to get it off of his cheeks just as Ember and the rest of the ponies returned to the throne room.

“I have to say…...this castle sure is interesting, yet cold and has that “desolate” feeling” Ember said with a small shiver.

“I know how you feel Ember. When I first got this castle, it didn't feel like home to me,because of everything you just said. Luckily, my friends added that special touch to it that allowed me to fully embrace this place for what it stands for” Twilight remarked as she looked up, and with Ember following her eyesight, saw the roots to what looked like some old and ancient tree.

“Why are some old and decrepit roots up there?” Ember quizzically asked, with a bit of intrigue.

“Those roots Ember, are what remains from our old home” Spike somberly said. “When me and Twilight first moved to Ponyville, we lived in a tree that also acted like a library. We had many good and bad times in there, until the day Tirek arrived. He was a demonic minotaur who wanted all the magic in Equestria. Twilight herself was fighting him, and as a result, our home became a casualty from it. While we luckily got this castle here, sometimes…….we still miss the place.” Spike and the Mane 6 started to remember all of the moments that they had in that Golden Oak Library.

“I didn't know about it, but from what you made it sound like, it was a place of fond memories and importance. I’m sorry.” Ember apologized. Spike shook his head and waved his claw.

“It’s fine. It’s fine to remember where we came from, as to remind us of what we once were, and what we strive to become.” Twilight and the others nodded in confirmation.

“Anyways…..C’mon Spike, we must be going now. There’s so much me and Luna have to teach you, and with so little time to waste” Celestia said with as much urgency as she could muster. Spike silently sighed to himself and walked off to where Celestia and Luna were standing.

“Where are you going Spike?” Ember asked, a bit worried about the young consort, as much as she would never admit to the others.

“It’s fine Ember. These 2 are gunna help me with the whole “consort” issue up in Canterlot. It’s the large mountain that’s outside the Castle; Can’t miss it” Spike said as he brought Ember to the window and showed her the large white castle on the side of the mountain cliff outside of Ponyville’s domain. “I’ll be in that castle town there. I got an idea; Wanna come and see the city with us?” Spike gleefully asked, hoping to show Ember the sights and somewhat wonders of his actual hometown where he was mostly raised.

“I guess I’ll come along; I’m only doing this for your sake, and not because I’m worried about you or anything…….got it!!” Ember said in an authoritative tone, whilst trying to clear her head of deep concern and attachment to Spike.

“Whatever you say Ember. Let’s get it!” Spike retorted, as he, Ember, Celestia and Luna teleported off to Canterlot; Capital of Equestria and land of snobby ponies and super posh customs.

Author's Note:

While this chapter maybe short, the next one will defidently be longer and filled with hilarious content and captivating moments. As usual, comment on what you like, what you want to see improved, and share away if you want to.

Thanks still for reading this, and I'll catch you all next chapter.

SpikeSupreme13, signing off