• Published 18th Apr 2016
  • 8,074 Views, 136 Comments

Spike's "Royal" Conundrum - SpikeSupreme13



3 years ago, Princess Ember was granted the title of Dragon Lord thanks to Spike. While her reign was satisfying, it became too much for her to handle alone, but thanks to an old lost rule, Ember found the key to all of her problems........Spike

  • ...
14
 136
 8,074

Perplexing Pointer's: Part 3- A Flurry of Leadership

“I see…...this is a particular situation you’ve gotten yourself into.” Shining Armor commented as he and his guests were sitting on at a crystal table like the one Ember saw Twilight and her friends sit around, eating some delicious crystal food grown within the empire itself. Spike however was being feed an assortment of gems in a bowl, with emeralds, rubies, topazes and amethysts all mixed in.

“Hey Spike, how come these ponies are willingly feeding you those gems?” Ember quizzically asked, curious as to how these crystal ponies are basically treating him like a king, or an equal to their supposed rulers.

“I’ve tried to stop them, but then they would guilty for not graciously showing their adoration and praise to their Crystal Savior. I just go with it.” Spike responded, as he opened his maw, and a group of gems were rewarding served into his waiting mouth.

“This empire sure is pretty interesting. Anyways, can you 2 help Spike out?” Ember asked, almost in an impatient manner.

“Me and Shining will be more than happy to help Spike out...but we’re gunna help in our own fashion.” Cadence declared, finishing her food and waving for her staff to clean up their plates.

“So Cadence, what do you and Shining have in mind?” Twilight curiously asked her, wondering what exactly the 2 had in mind.

“All will be explained tomorrow, and for now….I say we get to bed now.” Cadence said as she and everyone got up and walked on down to the guest rooms. As Twilight and Spike headed off towards their room, Ember was following Spike towards his room, when she was stopped by Twilight.

“Where exactly are you going Ember?” Twilight asked.

“Why, with Spike to go sleep in his room of course.” Ember casually said, weirded out as to why Twilight would stop her from sleeping in the same room as her consort.

“Ya see…….we think that it might send the wrong message to the citizens here if they see you…..sleeping in the same room as their great and honorable savior.” Shining addressed, as Cadence and Twilight nodding in confirmation.

“Fine; I’ll just go sleep in the next room.” Ember huffed as she went into the next room and slammed the door closed. Everyone else shrugged their shoulders and and went to sleep.

------------ The Next Day ------------

As everyone woke up and met up back at the throne room, they discussed as to what they were going to do today.

“Ok, so I’m guna take Spike around the empire and teach him some things. Ember, Twilight and Cadence have something special in store for you.” Shining announced, winking over to his wife, who in turn winked back.

“So what is this “special” surprise? I must know of this at once!” Ember declared, as she was curious and commanding.

“You’ll see…” Cadence remarked, as she and Twilight giggled.

“Ok, so we’ll see you later. Bye!!” Shining said, as he dragged Spike by his arm and out of the castle, while the 3 went off into another alicorn’s room.

-------------------------------- Shining and Spike- Morning -----------------------------------

“Ok Spike” Shining Armor addressed his newest pupil. “There are many ways to be an effective consort, and luckily for you, I’m here to help with with such a task.

“So…...what do you have in mind?” Spike quizzically asked, wondering where this was all leading to.

“Ok, so first things first; You have to be able to relate to your citizen’s, and in order you to do that, you gotta see to their problems, no matter how great or small it is. Allow me to show you.” Shining said, as he took Spike around the empire, listening to the complaints and small problems that the citizens have, and addressing them as best and formal as he could. Also, whenever the citizens were done with Shining Armor, they went to Spike and showered him with unrelenting praise and adoration, as well as ask him to retell his stories on how he saved the empire twice.

“Geeze guys…..I already told those stories so many times, but if you want to hear them again, I don’t see why not” Spike bashfully said, making Shining Armor a bit jealous that his own Crystal citizens were loving Spike more than him.

-------------------------Twi, Ember and Cadence- Morning-------------------------

After Spike and Shining Armor left to do their own business, Cadence and Twilight escorted Ember into what looked like to her as a little child’s room. Inside there was a crystal crib, a crystal mirror, some small toys, and a table stacked with bottles, diapers, pacifiers, etc. Cadence motioned Ember to come to the crib, and when she did, she saw a small baby with a horn and a large wingspan waking up from its slumber.

“So…...what is this infant, and why does she have large wings like you 2?” Ember gestured to the 2 alicorns as Cadence as she picked up the foal and kissed her forehead below her horn, showing it affection.

“This here is my sweet foal Flurry Heart, and like me and Twi here, she’s an alicorn, coming from me and Shining himself.” Cadence smiled and said.

“So wait…...how can an alicorn and a unicorn produce an alicorn foal? The actual composition of genetics wouldn't allow this to be possible” Ember quizzically asked, wondering how such a foal like Flurry Heart could even come to exist.

“I was shocked myself, and neither Princess Celestia or Luna have no detailing or records of anything like Flurry Heart existing before their rule, so your guess is as good as mine at this point” Twilight pondered, as when Flurry Heart looked around, she saw the weird blue dragon talking to her aunt Twilight, and was a bit hesitant around her.

“Lookie here; Flurry Heart noticed you Ember. Would you like to hold her?” Cadence politely asked, hoping she would take the bait.

“Umm…….sure, I don’t see why not.” Ember passively stated, as she was handed Flurry Heart, and at first, both of them had an awkward look at each other and as they were stuck trying to adjust to each other, Cadence and Twilight silently slunk out of the room, allowing the 2 of them to start their “impromptu” bonding experience.

-------------- Shining Armor and Spike- Afternoon -----------

Spike and Shining Armor were currently sitting in a crystal cafe, sipping on some good Crystal Empire coffee, along with some pastries.

“So what else did you have in mind for me, big bro?” Spike asked, taking a good long sip of his coffee.

“Well…..As a consort, you also have to attend really long and sometimes boring meetings, public speakings, showcases, and the like. Speaking of which, we should get going” Shining panicked as he grabbed Spike, told the counter pony to put it on Spike’s tab, and rushed out of the store to do such things.

--------------Ember and Flurry Heart- Afternoon--------------

Ember was having a tough time trying to keep Flurry Heart under control. Flurry Heart herself was trying her best to keep herself away from this strange dragon as possible. This went on for a while until Ember flopped onto the cold floor and sighed in indignation. Flurry Heart’s tummy soon growled, signaling to Ember that she was hungry. Ember flew up and gently scooped up Flurry Heart into her scaly arms, which felt rather soft on her skin, and retraced her steps as best as she can, while asking for help from the Royal Guards stationed in the halls.

--------------Shining and Spike - Evening-------------

-

Shining was in a meeting with his advisors and discussing on the many projects and charity events that needed to get started on. While that was happening, Spike was unfortunate enough to actually take notes on this and sit through all of it. He soon slipped his head onto the table, and soon every eye was on him, and he chuckled nervously, hoping that they would go back to their boring dribble. As they went back to negotiations, Spike sighed in deep regret and struggled to sit through this meeting while still holding on to his sanity.

-------------Ember and Flurry Heart- Evening--------------

After a while of struggling activities and embarrassing situations, Ember and Flurry Heart finally got along, and were currently flying around in the room when Twilight and Cadence returned from wherever they went to, and saw the 2 of them flying around in contentment.

“So how was your day Ember?” Cadence asked as she saw Flurry Heart fly towards her and snuggle in her hooves?”

“It was struggling at first, seeing as how you 2 just…..I don’t know…….LEFT ME HERE WITH AN ALICORN CHILD ALONE!!” Ember bellowed, but not in a loud tone as to scare Flurry Heart, lest she incur her wrath again, as she unfortunately dealt with.

“Ya see…..me and Twi here decided that since you are a Dragon Lord, that you should be prepared to take care of small infants and the like, so….we purposefully left you here with Flurry here and see how you were able to adapt to it, and might I say….you did better than I expected.” Cadence explained, hoping that Ember would be able to understand.

“I see….well, even though what you 2 did was a bit underhanded and shady, not all of the day was bad. In fact, I’d say that I learned a couple of useful things from this adorable little cutie!” Ember cooed at Flurry Heart, eliciting a giggle and coo from Flurry Heart herself.

At that moment, Shining and Spike entered the room, and saw what Ember was doing to Flurry Heart, and both of them gave out a loud “Awwwwwww”, which caught everyone by surprise, especially Ember.

“I see your plan worked out after all, huh Cadence?” Shining smoothly asked his loving sweetheart.

“It most certainly did….more or less” Cadence nervously said, just grateful that everything ended smoothly and without any unfortunate incidents.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. My head was hurting for 3 days and a bunch of factors just kept me from finishing this chapter. If this isn't what you were expecting, I apologize.

Anyways, time for Celestia's side of the choice.

SpikeSupreme13, out