• Published 18th Apr 2016
  • 674 Views, 12 Comments

A Very "Screwed" Experience - Dark_Night



Discord is dead. Screwball is now the Chaos Goddess. But when an unfortunate meeting with a human in the depths of tartarus, Screwball saves him. But at a cost. His soul now controls her body, leaving her soul in a comatose state.

  • ...
3
 12
 674

Chapter one

1
First-pony perspective

I felt sick. My stomach hurt as if I had just eaten three quarter pounder burgers in a row without bothering to take a drink in between burgers. My eyes were shut as to help deal with the pain from my stomach. A noise from nearby caused me to perk up and even though I found that to be unusual, it felt like… it was natural. Carefully, I sat up, being unable to do so in the ways I was accustomed.

“It sounded like it came from over here, girls!” a brash voice called out somewhere behind me. Moments later, a sound of bushes being moved followed by what seemed to be a collective gasp. “What’s a filly doing out here?”

It was a minute before I could open my eyes. What I saw was NOT what I was expecting. The first thing I noticed was the strangely colored hair within my line of sight. Followed by the fact I could actually see the bridge of my nose without it appearing to be transparent in one eye. But the second thing I noticed was how large everything was. The trees looked gigantic. However, the third thing I noticed was moments later when something blue drifted into my line of sight. I turned my head toward the object and nearly fainted but managed to hold onto my consciousness.

Before me stood- well, with one flying- four mares. Each with drastically different colors. A purple one with what appeared to be a horn, a light blue with rainbow colored hair as well as what appeared to be wings. Beside her, stood an orange pony wearing a hat and finally, a white one with a horn like the purple one did. The purple one stepped forward and made what sounded like she was clearing her throat, then she opened her mouth and spoke.

“Hello?” she asked. “What are you doing out here? We heard a loud sound and rushed out to find out what it was,” she looked around before continuing. “Are you hurt little filly? Where are your parents?” I didn’t have to really think about it before I realized that she was speaking to me. What confused me was why she thought me to be a female baby pony.

Looking straight at the newcomers, I began to speak. My voice was at a much higher pitch than I was used to. “Where am I and how did I get here?” Looking around, I didn’t have much to go by. If this wasn’t a dream, then I’d likely starve to death if I remained here.

“You’re in the Everfree Forest. The most dangerous forest on this side of Canterlot. First off, we need to get you back to town,” the purple one said before blinking. “My name is Twilight Sparkle, and these are my friends, Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash,” she said, pointing out each one as she listed their names. Twilight then lit up her horn and I began to float off of the ground. I panicked and a wave of energy canceled out the spell. I took off sprinted similar to a bat out of hell, I bolted through the undergrowth, racing past what seemed to be all kinds of mythical creatures.

After an intense sprint, the adrenaline wore off and I slowed down, unable to control my legs again after that adrenaline induced high. I laid up against a tree, my back resting against it. I looked down in horror. My entire body was covered with the pink fur. Next, I examined my limbs, each of which appeared to be resembling that of a horse’s hoof. Then the next thought occurred to me causing me to look down between my thighs. Sure enough, as I was dreading. I was a female and a pony. I mean sure, many men dream of what sex would be like from the receiving end, but to have actually been given the chance… I wasn’t sure anymore. Looking around, I noticed three pairs of glowing eyes. Instantly, an intense state of paralysis overtook my body and I froze. I hadn’t realized it until later, but they were cockatrices… I had just been stoned with no one nearby to help me.

-------------------------

Beep…

Beep…

Beep…

Dear god. Shut it -Beep…- off!

Beep…

Frustration coursed through my body as I imagined the beeping stopping. To my surprise, the beeping stopped. I opened my eyes to see the machine that was presumably making the noises, floating over me. It was encased in a black aura.

“Daddy,” a sad, faint voice said in the back of my mind. Hearing it made me look around, unaware of the origin of the voice.

“I think she’s awake Miss Sparkle,” a voice in the hall said, cutting off my inner monologue. “Just be careful. Cockatrice victims usually suffer from a state of paranoia after recovering from their gaze.”

“I will,” said, who I presumed to be Twilight Sparkle. “I wish to show her that I meant no harm.” She walked into view and gasped again, having seen the floating machine in the middle of the room. She swallowed and walked forward. The soft clopping noises of hooves against linoleum could be heard. “Hello Screwball,” Twilight said, stepping forward with a bit of apprehension in her voice. I blinked. Unsure of what to do, I decided to remain quiet. Twilight spoke up once more, this time, abandoning her calm and sincere smile and replacing it with a cruel, accusing grimace. She walked to the side of the hospital bed. I began to worry for my safety as she analyzed me intently. “Would you kindly place the heartbeat monitor back on the ground?” she asked with a borderlined snarl. Starting to shake, I place it back down, not completely certain how I managed it. “Thank you. Now, where is Discord? He vanished before we could capture him,”

“He… he’s dead,” I said, having no idea how I knew this information. This new information elicited a shocked ‘what?!’ from Twilight. “The reaper of death took him, took my Daddy away from me. HE WILL PAY!” the vow of vengeance took, even me by surprise.

Gaining control of my mouth once more, I stood aghast, bewildered by what just happened. “I…”

Twilight stood still, assessing the situation while trying to figure out how to approach the situation. Eventually, she addressed me directly. “Why are you here, spawn of Discord? Is it to throw our country into another eternal state of chaos again? I won’t fall for your tricks,” I had failed to notice that she had moved closer and rested her hooves on the side of the bed, gently shaking the bed from the force of her barely withheld rage.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!” I shout, my voice cracking with confusion and concern for my own well being.

“Admit it!” Twilight shouted back, “You’re either Discord himself, a construct of chaotic magic, or one of his twisted spawn,” she began to levitate me out of the bed. In the midst of my flailing I had managed to hit the “Nurse call” button. Which Twilight had failed to see. Moments later, a pair of nurses rushed into the room with wide eyes upon seeing the crazed Twilight float me off of the bed. Her mane was a complete mess, although I recall it being smooth and well kept when she entered the room.

Twilight was about to say something else when one of the nurses used a spell to cancel out twilight’s magic, catching me in her aura before gently placing me down on the bed. Assured that I wasn’t hurt, the nurse turned to Twilight with a look of pure rage. Instead of yelling, she simply muttered in an ‘I’m going to kill you’ tone, “Twilight, please leave the hospital. You are hereby restricted from interacting with this patient. No less than a royal letter will get you into this room from this point onward. LEAVE,” Twilight rushed out of the room leaving me with the pair of nurses. The second nurse recovering from her shock. The nurse looked at her chart and addressed me. “Patient 411 this year. Earth pony Filly, name Screwball, born AC 998? Is this correct?”

“No ma’am. My name is Anthony Miles. Human Male. Born 1998 AD,” I said to the mare almost automatically. The mare looked at me with a raised eyebrow. The mare who had just gotten over her shock spoke.

“Nurse Redheart, this patient must be confused. Perhaps the cockatrice’s petrifying effects is still affecting her brain?”

I piped in. “Nurse, why are you discussing diagnosis of a patient IN FRONT OF THAT PATIENT?” I emphasized dramatically.

“Oh my,” the nurse said. “I believed Redheart had cast a silencing spell so we could communicate,”

“Wait. Magic?” I asked, clearly confused to which the mares both nodded. “Magic, as in summoning fireballs, controlling the elements, alchemy?”

“Well… Yes, but those are combative spells and alchemy is considered a form of dark magic,” said the one identified by her co-worker as ‘Nurse Redheart.’

“How do you cast these spells?” I asked.

“By using the horn on one’s forehead. such as Nurse Redhearts…” the nurse stares with a degree of shock at her co-worker before blushing and retreating away, as if trying to retain her dignity. “I… I thought…” she trails off.

“Anyway,” I continue. “How does one cast these spells? Am I able to?” Nurse Redheart smiled warmly before shaking her head ‘no’. “Why not?”

“You are an Earth pony. You cannot cast magic in the traditional unicorn way. As an Earth pony, you have a deeper connection to the ground beneath your hooves. Using this, you can grow more abundant crops, run for longer and faster. Didn’t you learn this in school?” She asks me.

Instead of responding, I merely shook my head from left to right. Nurse Redheart looked at me with a puzzled expression. She continued. “Well, that would make sense, now that I think about it… Strange for me to forget such an important detail… You have little to no evidence of being even born much less registered as a pony being. Your medical record is essentially empty. The only information we have was from a few years ago. It lists your parents as a ‘Crystal Meadow’ and a ‘Discorded Harmony.’”

Thats weird, why do I feel like I remember them yet have no recollection of them? Must be this new body. I can only guess at a plausible explanation which would be that this body had previous memories but as myself not being the original body. Guilt overtook me as I realized the implications of what I had just thought of. There are two souls in this fragile body, in most fantasy novels that I’ve read that delve into multiple souls inhabiting the same body two outcomes are possible. The two souls would either merge to create a mixed personality, or the body would reject one of the souls. The latter option much more violent and can end up in the body becoming paralyzed.

“Hey nurse?” I ask with tautness, “Have you ever treated any patients with multiple souls inhabiting their body?”

“No, Why do you ask?” Nurse Redheart asks inquisitively.

“I have reason to believe…” I let my voice trail off so she can understand the situation.

She leaves the room immediately and comes back with a unicorn stallion. He lights up his horn and I feel a tingling sensation in my head. It feels disorienting. The doctor nods solemnly, switching off his spell. “Yes, The filly is correct. There is a foreign entity inside this foal’s soul. It has a parasitic nature. My best estimates show this filly has roughly ten weeks before the parasite destroys the soul of the host..”

I’m shocked beyond belief. I’m a parasitic entity? Destroying this filly’s body? No, I couldn’t do that. “Doc?” I ask.

He looked at me. “Should I assume I am speaking to the parasitic entity inside this filly’s soul?” I nod. “Then speak.”

“I didn’t wish this upon this poor foal. Is there anything we can do to pull a compromise where no soul gets destroyed?” At my question, the stallion pauses and rubs his muzzle with his hoof.

“I believe so, but the practice was put out of use a long time ago due to it being unreliable and possibly dangerous.” He said.

“Let’s do it,” I said without hesitation. “I don’t care about the ramifications of this, I just don’t want to bear the guilt of killing this filly’s soul.” The doctor nods appreciatively.

“Noble, but it is impossible. The last known machine was destroyed over two hundred years ago. This happened after the last case where the machine ripped the body apart and killed both inhabitants.”

“Well then, what can we do?” I ask.

“Well, there may be a spell that could do it, but it would require a second body, possibly a brain-dead patient. But if such a spell exists, the only two who would know it would be the princesses and maybe Twilight Sparkle. That purple unicorn you met earlier.

Uh oh. I was not looking forward to this.

Comments ( 10 )

This is a good story so far, and I can't wait to read more of it,:pinkiehappy:

7144672
7142543
I'm glad you both like the story. It took me about three months of planning before deciding to prematurely post this story. Yes, I consider this story to still be in early editing stages. I had grammar and spelling help too.

There is a hidden message in the second prologue chapter. If you would like to see your OC featured in my story, solve the message. You have to translate it ACCURATELY. Word-order matters.

Give it a shot.

This story is getting very interesting to read keep up a good work update more on this story your doing great keep up the good work update soon. Question will there be a new chapter soon.:twilightsmile:

7196555 it is very possible. but i'm a bit busy. it may or may not come... but i have NOT given up on this story. ;) there will be more chapters

grammar kinda takes a back seat here and there and some things are just too random and not in the Chaos Random way, but, i'm looking forward to seeing what you do here. It's certainly turning out better than the last Human Turned Screwball story I read recently.

Also, not sure why, but i could've sworn i'd read this before. Eh. whatever. Good luck, my fellow Human trapped in a Chaos Filly's body writer.

7196555 Your avatar is just adorable:rainbowkiss::twilightsmile:

7974137 I appreciate your comments! Thank you! My life has sorta become a chaotic mess. I will return to finish this story, but right now, I see no time in the future for it, especially since my internet will be turned off... Ugh. You are right about the Bart Simpson prank call thing but "may Zeus be with you" was just that... Nothing else really to it.

hay continue this story I want to see more chapters:fluttercry:

11047181
I apologize but I have no plans to continue this story its only still up so I can look back at how far I've progressed. Theres only one story of mine that I want to continue but there are no plans for that just yet.

Login or register to comment