• Published 18th Jul 2016
  • 5,502 Views, 221 Comments

Celestia and Luna Regret Playing Truth or Dare - Diamond_Emblem



It's been a few months since the Mane Six played their first game of Truth or Dare at their slumber party. Starlight and Spike are here to join the fun, too. Then two unexpected guests come knocking. It'll be total chaos.

  • ...
6
 221
 5,502

Chapter 11: Applejack: Who Does She Really Have a Crush on?

"I'll spin the wheel," Fluttershy volunteered.

"Wow," Rainbow commented. "Fluttershy wanting to spin twice in one round? Tonight must be a really special night for her to do something like that."

"You never know when ponies are full of surprises," Fluttershy remarked, glancing at Applejack. The farm mare's expression was calm, but Fluttershy caused her to look anxious.

"I can already tell this is going to be one spectacular turn!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed into a microphone as Cookie Dough fetched the Wheel of Choice for Fluttershy. "Let's check in with the mare of the minute!"

Applejack was suddenly face-to-face with Pinkie. "Sooooooo, Applejack!" the party pony said. "How do you think the Royal Sisters are holding up so far?"

"Ah, uh..." she stuttered. "Ah believe the princesses are doin' a mighty fine job of playing the game. It's real nice to get to know Celestia and Luna instead of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna."

"Any thoughts on the later turns within the game?" Pinkie asked excitedly.

AJ had to pause in order to collect her thoughts. "If Ah'm gonna be honest, Ah hope Starlight and Spike are doin' alright. And Ah just hope to have more fun tonight."

"Thank you, Applejack!" Pinkie said as Spike and Starlight exchanged uneasy glances. "Let's go to Celestia and Luna!"

While Pinkie Pie busied the rest of the players, Fluttershy stared at the Wheel of Choice carefully. She could just ask the other ponies to ask Applejack the same question, given if AJ chose Truth, but the job would be done cleaner if she did it herself.

The only thing she had to do was make sure she was going to be one of Applejack's interrogators.

Fluttershy readied herself and spun.

The arrow began to slow down as Pinkie Pie was returning to her bed. Fluttershy stared at the arrow intensely as it stopped to her left.

Starlight Glimmer.

"Starlight, you've been chosen," Fluttershy said softly.

"Ooo! This'll be fun!" Starlight said excitedly.

Fluttershy spun again. Anxiousness spread into her thoughts. Why am I doing this? she wondered. Why do I have to know? Why is this important?

The arrow landed on Rarity.

"Rarity," Fluttershy announced.

"Before Fluttershy spins again," Twilight interrupted, "we should know what Applejack will be doing for this turn."

The Element of Kindness's hoof hovered over the arrow as Applejack anxiously debated her options.

There wasn't enough force when the arrow chose Starlight. There was too much force when the arrow chose Rarity. I need to find the median.

"Truth."

Applejack is our friend. She's supposed to tell us the truth. That's why I have to do this.

Fluttershy spun the arrow.

Applejack regretted her decision immediately after she said it. She should have known Fluttershy had a plan. That mare got more devious as Truth or Dare went on, whatever slumber party, late or early.

"Me," Fluttershy said.

"Oh sweet Celestia," Applejack mumbled.

"Oh!" Starlight exclaimed. "Applejack, who was your first crush ever?"

"That seems kind of simple," Rainbow Dash commented, blowing a raspberry.

"Then let's see if my question spices this turn up!" Rarity said. "Applejack, darling, have you ever had a coltfriend?"

Applejack gulped as Fluttershy sat upright to ask her question.

"Applejack, who do you really have a crush on?" Fluttershy asked.


The room was quiet. Even Cookie Dough could sense the tension, and the pup escaped to the safety under Fluttershy's bed.

"Fluttershy, whatever do you mean?" Rarity asked.

"While Applejack and I were guarding the library doors during Celestia's turn, Applejack revealed that her lie during our first game of Truth or Dare caused the arguments between Rainbow Dash and her," Fluttershy explained.

"Wait, you lied?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed with an angered expression.

"Ah didn't lie!" Applejack protested. "Soarin' was one of mah crushes."

"I'm sorry, did you say one of?" Twilight asked.

"This just got very interesting," Celestia whispered to Luna.

"But if Ah said mah other crush, things woulda been way worse," Applejack explained.

"Applejack, we deserve to know who you really have a crush on," Starlight said.

"Well, most of us do," Spike mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"What was that?!" Starlight snapped, whipping her head around to face Spike.

"Ya know what?" Applejack said. "Ah think Ah'll go with Starlight's question."

"And my question is the same as Fluttershy's," Starlight said, forcing herself to turn back to the main issue.

"I change my question to Fluttershy's as well," Rarity said firmly.

"What?!" Applejack demanded.

"The Trio Treaty!" Pinkie Pie said. "This is allowed!"

"Can we all agree this is too much drama too early in the game?" Applejack pleaded.

"Applejack," Princess Celestia suddenly said. "Your friends deserve your honesty. And even if you choose not to answer the question, you will most likely serve the same consequence that I must suffer next round. You will be forced to answer the question either now or later. You might as well have the burden off your back now."

The farm mare looked as if she wanted to continue arguing until dawn. Her eyes blazed with a determined fire, but she sighed in defeat.

"Fine," Applejack said bitterly. "Y'all win. I'll tell ya.

The room once again become motionless as Applejack completed her turn: "Ah have a crush on Spike."


Applejack had noticed it on one solemn sunset on her way back to Sweet Apple Acres. There was a trail of burned parchments and scorched books.

At the edge of Ponyville, on the path to Sweet Apple Acres, she found Spike sitting by himself, frustrated from something significant.

"Spike?" Applejack asked.

The dragon hastily straightened himself out and looked up. "Oh, hey there, Applejack," he said. "Didn't see you coming."

"That's enough about me," Applejack said. "What's wrong, Spike? Why are ya sittin' out here instead of sittin' in your chair in the castle?"

"It's nothing," Spike lied. "I'm fine. No need to worry about me."

"You're talkin' to the Element of Honesty," Applejack said. "Ah can see through your lies."

Spike opened his mouth to deny it, but he didn't speak.

"C'mon, Spike," Applejack said. "We're friends. We tell each other what's wrong."

"It's kind of a long story," Spike explained feebly.

"Ah got some time," Applejack said, taking a seat beside Spike. "Anythin' for a friend of mine."

"I can't tell you all of it," Spike said. "I don't even understand half of what's going on myself."

"Then tell me what ya know," Applejack said assuringly.

Spike had talked for about half an hour. Applejack hadn't known how to react as Applejack, a mare with a somewhat romantic side, when he ended. But she knew Spike needed Applejack, the comforting friend, to help him through his problem, even if it meant gifting his heart to somepony else.


That had happened two weeks back. Now, Applejack had to shut her eyes. She didn't want to see the reactions.

At that moment, Starlight's mind began racing. If Applejack has had a crush on Spike for months...Spike told Applejack about whatever's left of us...Sweet Celestia, poor Applejack...

Meanwhile, Spike's mind had gone blank. He didn't know what to think.

Wait, he thought, is that why Applejack said...When Discord asked her...

The room stayed silent for a full minute until Twilight parted it. "I say this is a good time to take our fifteen-minute intermission, what do you all think?"

As soon as she finished her sentence, Applejack bolted for the door and galloped out of the room.

Silently, the rest of the players got up and left the room, except for Twilight, Celestia, and Luna.

"I suppose my sister and I came for the wrong week," Celestia commented.

"I hope everything gets better," Luna said.

"That's what I'd like," Twilight said. "There was a lot of chaos during our first game of Truth or Dare. It nearly ruined our whole night altogether."

"It looked like you all were having fun that night," Luna admitted.

"And we did," Twilight assured her. "Except when Rainbow Dash and Applejack were at each other's throats during that game. I hope whatever's going on between Starlight and Spike ends up okay. And I'm sure there's going to be more trouble from here."

"Then let's make sure every conflict is resolved by the end of this game," Celestia said. "That's when we'll end the game. Agreed, sister?"

Luna smiled. "Agreed," she replied. "But right now, I'd like to look for a snack. All this drama has drained me of my energy."

Author's Note:

That's Round 1 over! Get yer butts ready for Round 2, because it's only getting more crazy from here!
(I tried to make this chapter as long as a Truth chapter can get, A for effort)
In the comment section...Who'd you like to see go first for Round 2?

And...

Who would you like to see in this story's Epic Rap Battle of Ponyville History?? :moustache: