• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 9,117 Views, 2,876 Comments

The Perilous Romance of Swans - kudzuhaiku



And lo, there was much honking and rejoicing in Canterlot when Princess Celestia announced that she had a suitor...

  • ...
53
 2,876
 9,117

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 45

“It’s been a week since Auntie started therapy,” Blueblood said to Raven as she cinched the straps on his legs tighter, “and there are moments when she feels like a total stranger to me.” He took a deep breath and relaxed while Raven put the blinders on him and then let out a hiss when she swatted him just above his dock. “She does seem happier though.”

“Except for all of those times when she is crying,” Raven replied as she secured a crupper onto Blueblood’s dock and attached the strap to the blinder’s harness around his head, forcing his back to arch. She watched him squirm—that stinging slap just above his dock had tenderised him just so, leaving him receptive to the sensations caused by the crupper.

“Ooh… ooooh… this has been a stressful week.” Blueblood let out a moan as Raven secured him on his belly, and he had to wiggle to flex his spine enough to take the pressure off of his dock. He felt his front legs and hind legs being tugged in two different directions. “I do wonder though… why isn’t Luna taking therapy with them?”

Raven pulled out a long, thin riding crop that had a fine, bristled tassel at the end. She held it up in front of her muzzle, stared at it, and then nodded in approval. Old Number Seventy Seven would have to do. She waved it in the air, whipped it around, and then, without warning, she smacked it against Blueblood’s right front frog. She watched as his body tensed, he went rigid, but he couldn’t do much. She saw his nostrils flare, and then his steely gaze focused upon her.

“That was a good one…” There was a pause as Blueblood caught his breath, and then he added, “You just wait, I’m going to tear you a new one later, you peasant!”

“Silence!” Raven commanded as she brought Old Number Seventy Seven down upon the same spot she had just hit a second ago. She took pleasure in how Blueblood gritted his teeth, she felt her blood roaring in her ears, pulsing through her veins, and savoured it all with a sadistic smile. “Luna’s been in therapy for a while. It’s her choice if she wishes to join them. Right now, she wants to get herself sorted out.”

“Luna needs to be laid,” Blueblood said in a somewhat breathless voice, “it’s not natural to do without for so long—AAAAAAAARGH DAMNIT!” Blueblood winced as Raven brought Old Number Seventy Seven down upon his left rear frog, his blinders prevented him from seeing and he had no warning. “I swear, when I get out of this, I am going to string you up by your saggy teats with the brass clamps!”

Raven’s lips parted and she licked her teeth with her orange tongue. She lifted up a ball gag and slipped it over Blueblood’s muzzle before he had a chance to protest. She cinched it in place as Blueblood whimpered and squirmed.

Malice glittered in Raven’s eyes as she slid a long black latex boot over her right front hoof, the smooth, supple surface gleamed in the faint light of her horn. In her telekinetic field, she held up Old Number Seventy Seven and a bottle of Eazee-Entree lubricant. “There is no longer a safe word… now… now I make you my mare…”


Unable to contain herself, Celestia beamed. Today had been a wonderful day. Students were arriving and getting checked into school. Gosling, with Raven’s permission, had followed her to work. Well, not work exactly—she wasn’t supposed to be working—but meeting with a few foals wasn’t really work. It was relaxing, which was just what she needed.

Gosling of course had charmed them, made them laugh, and perhaps of more importance, had given hints as to what sort of father he might be. She was unable to help herself, the thought lingered in her mind with every interaction, every laugh, every foal that he took time with to make them feel special.

“Where is Luna?” Gosling asked as his impatient gaze fell upon the food. “I’m starving! This is torture! She knew that we were all supposed to have dinner together!” He squirmed in his seat and thought about digging into the olive tapenade. He leaned over and leered at Celestia. “If this keeps up, I’m going to resort to cannibalism…”

“Gosling!” She felt her eyes go wide and her ears stood up. Celestia’s heart went pitter-patter, thudding against her barrel. She wondered what part of her he would nibble on first—probably something tender. Reaching out with her wing, she gave the pony sitting beside her a gentle push-slap.

“Mmm, the best part… there’s a lot of meat on those wings—”

“Gosling, you are terrible… if you keep this up, I’ll excuse you from the table and send you to bed without dinner… you’re an awful, awful pony.” Celestia blinked, swallowed her smile, and did her best to look stern. “Really, Gosling, jokes about cannibalism are in such poor taste.”

“So are puns.” Gosling’s eyebrow raised as he grinned.

“You little dirty bird-horse! Look what you made me do!” Celestia let out a snort and cringed at her own unintentional pun. She made the mistake of looking Gosling in the eye and her mock-anger melted away. She had trouble remembering what she was making a big deal about. She leaned forwards, and in the same sort of voice that an excited foal inquired about Hearth’s Warming, she asked, “Are you excited about the engagement gala?”

The joyful, happy go lucky demeanour vanished and Gosling became serious. “I’m a bit nervous about it. Canterlot’s elite and a lot of the military brass are going to be there. I’m just a poor colt from the Broncs who just got lucky. I’m scared I’ll make a fool out of myself.”

“You’ve made a fool out of yourself before.” Celestia’s voice was teasing, but also affectionate. “You’re a very charming fool.”

“Eh, reporters are common, salt of the earth ponies.” Gosling shook his head. “I keep thinking about my duties in the future. Canterlot’s nobles are ponies I am going to have to work with. And the top brass… important ponies. Ponies I need to impress because I can’t do my job if they think I’m a featherbrain.” Turning his head, he focused his gaze upon a plate of cheese cubes and licked his lips.

“Gosling, darling, I know you are very worried about this, but I think you’ll be fine. Just don’t try to be somepony that you aren’t. I know it sounds cliche, but I think a young, poor colt from the Broncs is just what we all need right now. I know having you around has done me a world of good.”

“Thanks.” Gosling tore his gaze away from the cheese and gave the pony sitting beside him a sincere smile.

“We don’t need you getting stressed out again.” For a moment, all of Celestia’s joyfulness vanished and her ears pivoted forwards. The corner of her mouth twitched and she leaned over a little closer to Gosling. “Finding you that day… it was awful… I felt like it was my fault.” Nervous, Celestia’s eyes darted away when her voice cracked right after she said ‘awful.’ Unable to return her attention to Gosling, she instead stared at the silver and gold candelabra in the middle of the table.

“We talked about this… no more blame and no more punishing yourself.” Gosling lifted his head as high as it could go, reached out, and prodded Celestia. “You need punishing, yous and I, we go and we’ll borrow some toys from Blueblood and Raven. I’m sure they won’t mind sharing.”

For the second time this evening, Celestia was properly shocked. She stared agape at Gosling, and it took several seconds for her to reply, “Gosling, those are not the sort of toys that one shares.” She shook her head and wondered what she was going to do with the cocky little peacock she had chosen as her mate. She watched him shrug, then he laughed. Deciding that a little good natured revenge was in order, she whispered, “Gosling, if I so desired, I could drag you into a dungeon full of such toys, and spend the rest of your life instructing you in their many uses.”

She wasn’t sure what she was expecting. Shock, surprise, fear, she expected some response along those lines. What she did not expect was a salacious wink and Gosling’s demented giggling. She suspected, no, she hoped that he was just having a go at her.

Otherwise, she really would need to haul the perverted peacock off to the dungeon.

Before Celestia could think upon this any further, Luna entered, looking just a little bit cross. Gosling bounced out of his chair to greet her, and managed to get in one good smooch on her cheek before she slapped and shoved him away.

“Begone with you!” Luna commanded as she made her way to her seat.

“You’re late,” Gosling said as he too, took a seat. He sat at head of the table, with Celesta on his right and Luna on his left. It was a small, intimate setting, and Gosling was much more at ease. “I’m sure you had a good reason—”

“Art thou about to lecture your princess?” Luna asked as she gave Gosling an imperious stare.

“Yes.” Gosling leaned over to his left and got into Luna’s personal space.

Rolling her eyes, Luna let out a snort, shook, her head, and shoved Gosling away from her. “The only reason I let you live is because you make my sister so ridiculously happy… away from me, strutting bird.”

“Luna, you are a little late,” Celestia said.

Turning her head, Luna stared at her sister. “Preparations needed to be made for Gosling’s train ride tomorrow. With things being so lax around here, the proper preparations never got done.” She cleared her throat, glanced over at Gosling for a moment, and then focused an intense, harsh stare upon her sister. “Thou knowest me… everything must be done to perfection.”

“Indeed.” Celestia’s spoken word was muted. She drew in a deep breath, puffed out her cheeks, let everything out in a huff, and changed the subject. “It’s a good thing that this is a cold meal. Who’s hungry?”

“It’s just a train ride up to the Crystal Empire. Not a big deal.” Gosling grabbed the olive tapenade he had been eying and spooned some out onto his plate. He grabbed the flatbread next, and felt a sharp sense of disappointment when Luna grabbed the hummus. Being a pegasus with keen powers of observation, he noticed the two sisters exchanged a glance with one another as he spoke. Something seemed to be up, but he didn’t know what.

“I have selected two escorts for you, Gosling,” Luna said as she focused her attention on the pegasus beside her. “The first is a diurnal pegasus named Hotspur. Like you, he is from the Broncs. I thought it might be nice for you to have somepony to talk to. The other is a nocturnal pegasus with the amusing name of Hush. They will be your escorts. They are fanatically loyal to me and my interests, and my interests lie in keeping you safe.”

“Aw, you love me,” Gosling said as he took the hummus from Luna. He grinned as her cheeks turned purple. He saw her mouth open and he delighted in how flustered she looked. He was certain that he was winning her over.

“My sister’s happiness is paramount.”

“And what of your happiness?” Gosling asked.

“When she is happy, I am happy,” Luna replied as her face continued its intense purplefication. Flustered, she turned to her sister for help. “Make him stop teasing me! He is a prat!”

“No.” Celestia lifted up her flatbread, which was loaded down with delicious fillings, and green alfalfa sprouts poked out of the open end, along with little bits of pickled purple onion. She took a bite and then began to chew with a blissful look upon her face.

Torn between antagonising Luna and eating his food, Gosling chose to stuff his face. He was starving. It had been a long day and the wait to eat had been trying. He took far too big of a bite, but he didn’t care. This wasn’t a formal dinner anyhow, he was a pegasus trying to eat a flatbread sandwich without fancy magic. He smacked his lips and his eyes rolled back into his head as he gobbled down his food.

“Gosling… there is something you could do to make me happy,” Luna said.

Snapping to attention, he focused his gaze upon the Princess of the Night. For a moment, he thought he saw something in her eyes. Guilt? Worry? He wasn’t sure. But he knew he saw something. His mouth was too full to say anything, but he kept his gaze locked upon Luna.

“Gosling… keep your wits about you tomorrow… you know, in case there is trouble…”

Author's Note:

A long ride north awaits... and yes, time has passed. A week.

PreviousChapters Next