• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 9,083 Views, 2,876 Comments

The Perilous Romance of Swans - kudzuhaiku



And lo, there was much honking and rejoicing in Canterlot when Princess Celestia announced that she had a suitor...

  • ...
53
 2,876
 9,083

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38

“Wait!”

Gosling wobbled after Celestia, his head swimming, and he could feel his legs betraying him. He didn’t care. He unfurled his wings, trying to use them for balance, flapping them as he went down the hall after the one he loved. She was making this difficult. Moving far too fast for his current condition, Gosling stumbled.

He saw the floor rushing up to meet his face and he squeezed his eyes shut, preparing for impact when his snoot was scant inches away. The impact never came. He felt the warm tingle of magic all around him. He opened one eye and saw the floor a few inches away. He opened the other eye and found himself being lifted. In moments, he was at Celestia’s eye level. She had tears streaming down her cheeks.

Not knowing what else to do, he extended his neck and bumped his snoot against hers. Touching her, he felt a spark. He stretched out his lips and gave her a peck and then he found himself crushed against her, pressed against her front and her neck.

“I do need help,” Celestia said in a low voice that was more of a sob than anything.

Suspended in the air, Gosling wiggled around until he had his forelegs around Celestia’s neck. He nuzzled her neck in what he hoped was an encouraging way and the big mare sat down upon the floor. He felt his own backside lowered down and with a gentle impact, he was sat down upon the floor with her.

“I need to be taking care of things and here I am crying.” Celestia wrapped a foreleg around Gosling, over his back, and pulled him close. “I’m sorry… I don’t know what came over me. I’ve been so emotional lately… my emotions are so raw and unfiltered. They’re overwhelming… I just sort of kept everything under control and didn’t allow myself to feel much of anything and then you came along and I started feeling things again, I mean really feeling things and now everything is overwhelming!” Celestia snargled, a snorting gargle, sucking in air through her nostrils as she tried to clear snot from her nose, and it made a disgusting sound.

“I’ve been there,” Gosling said, not knowing what else to say.

“You did a good thing, I’m proud of you.” Celestia snargled again, sounding very un-princesslike. “I think something is wrong with me for me to have placed so much of my own happiness into another pony.”

Pressed against his, Celestia’s body was warm, soft yet firm, and her scent permeated his mind, taking over his thoughts. Gosling pressed himself against her, needing her in a way that he didn’t understand, and he rubbed his neck against hers. The friction brought sparks and he felt Celestia warming in his embrace. He didn’t care that she was snotty. His brain screamed at him that this was a warm, willing mare and telegraphed a powerful need to the rest of his body through a series of jerky, twitchy convulsions that pinged through his limbs.

He knew what was happening, but didn’t care. He continued to rub himself against her, breathing her in, all while rubbing her body with his forelegs. He could feel her moving against him, shifting, one of her forelegs wrapped around him, the other bracing her bulk against the floor.

Almost high on sensation, Gosling allowed himself to go right to the very edge, the very brink, and then he lingered there. He nibbled on Celestia’s neck, just below her jaw, giving her little nibble-nips with his square, flat teeth. He felt her shudder against him, her breathing grew heavy, and the first hints of mare musk filled the air. Feathers ruffled as her wings unfurled and then flapped, their movements caused and controlled by Gosling’s nibble-nipping.

“If this keeps up, we’ll end up going at it on the floor,” Celestia whispered in a breathless voice. She drew in a deep, shivery breath. “I could lay on my back and have you on top of me… it makes the size difference a little easier to deal with, but some ponies think it is strange.”

It was difficult to listen; all Gosling could hear was the velvety rustling of his pelt and Celestia’s rubbing together, the delightful sounds of friction, the faint crackle of static that happened when two pegasi collided in all the right ways. His head was swimming, but he wasn’t sure of the cause. Nausea? Desire? Lust? Did it matter? He only heard a few of Celestia’s words and the most primal part of his mind gave it some real consideration. It wouldn’t be too hard to push her over, she was willing after all, and then take her in conquest.

Faced with the prospect of betraying his own values, Gosling’s inner voices manifested in the form of two tiny alicorns flying around his head, one white, one blue, circling as he continued to kiss and nibble. He could feel parts of him engorging with blood, which dulled his other senses and made his brain burn with a fever born of desire.

“You know you want to,” Tiny Luna said in a shrill voice.

“It would be wrong,” Tiny Celestia said as she shot her tinier sibling a look of disapproval. “Do the right thing, Gosling! Pull back! Remember what the right thing is! You’ve dedicated your life to it! Don’t blow everything now!”

Letting out a moan, Celestia’s hips bucked with need and she crushed Gosling to her. His own sense of need was becoming overwhelming. He pressed his snoot into the crook of her jaw, inhaled, and felt his own hips quiver as the need to mount became almost unbearable.

“Thou wouldst be a fool not to hit that!” Tiny Luna cried.

“She’s right, Gosling, Big Me is making that come mount me face… just shove her over and give her what she wants!” Tiny Celestia let out a hoot and a cheer. “I’m getting laid! If you’re worried about foals, just pull out and put your seed in the fallow field, if you know what I mean, and I think you do!” Tiny Celestia, a pervert, waggled her eyebrows and winked in a knowing fashion.

“Ooh, Sister, thou art a pervert… donkey style… really? Right in the a—”

There was a flash of pink that silenced Tiny Luna and a third alicorn appeared. “Begone, both of you!” Tiny Cadance had a scolding tone and she waved her hooves around at the two sisters. “Gosling, your entire sense of character is based upon your values! Do not betray yourself during this moment of temptation!”

With a grunt, Gosling pulled away and the three alicorns circling around his head vanished. He blinked, let out a needy moan, and then shook his head, trying to clear it. He wondered what was in those pills he was taking. He felt Celestia squeezing him, trying to pull him closer.

“I need a cold shower,” Gosling said, his words a pained groan. There was a fiery ache in his groin that needed cooling.

“And I think I need a colt shower,” Celestia added, her words breathy, “I need it to rain... in my dusty furrow… the fertile earth needs seed...”

“What?” Gosling asked, not certain what he had just heard. The sound in his ears was like a rushing, roaring river flowing.

“Oh, nothing,” Celestia replied in a breathless, heaving voice. “About that cold shower… let’s go take care of that. I’ll help you.”


“Gosling…” Celestia stepped out of the bathroom and into her chambers. She saw Gosling on her bed, preening his wings, and she felt her heart leap up into her throat. For a second, she thought that she might have to turn back around and get back into the shower. She watched him and saw that he was a little self conscious about the act still. They had preened one another a bit, shared a bed, but Gosling still had his moments were he was shy, for whatever reason. He was a creature of contradictions. He had preened himself in public after all. Perhaps he was just reacting to her. She felt a moist warmth blossoming through her nethers. She watched as he smoothed out a long silvery grey primary. The oily sheen of his saliva left behind a glistening rainbow when the light hit it just right. It would dry in time and the effect would be gone. Regular ponies seldom saw the hidden rainbows in pegasus wings.

“Gosling, darling, I’m very proud of you and what you did,” Celestia said as she struggled to compose herself. She cleared her throat and enjoyed the delightful cooling sensation of the moisture left in her pelt evapourating. “You thought of the foal and its needs.”

“It didn’t feel right to punish the foal for the sake of trying to punish its mother,” Gosling replied as he paused in his preening efforts for a moment. He shook his wing and examined his feathers. “It’s innocent. I tried to keep that in mind. It has done no wrong.” Shaking his head, he returned to his efforts to keep his wings perfect and pretty.

“You’re trying to keep them together.” Celestia approached her bed, moving with calm, slow deliberation, her head high. She was still struggling to regain her senses. Parts of her still burned like a desert needing rain. “Might I ask why?”

After tugging a bit on a feather and then smoothing it out, Gosling lifted his head so he could reply. He looked Celestia in the eye, blinked, his right ear twitched, and the corner of his mouth tugged downwards. “I really hate her after what she did to me. I didn’t do this for her. But that foal…” he paused, shook his head, drew in a deep breath, then continued, “that foal might straighten her out. I keep thinking about my Ma. My Ma gave up everything because she loved me and I loved her. You know, I never met my grandparents. When my Ma ended up pregnant out of wedlock, they disowned her. She doesn’t talk about it much.”

“Ponies can have some very strict traditions.” Celestia eased herself down onto her bed beside Gosling, but gave him enough room to keep preening. “I would imagine that it was hard on her.”

“My Ma said it from her own mouth… I was her only friend for the longest time. The only ears that listened to her and her troubles.” Gosling’s eyelids sank halfway down over his eyes and his gaze became unfocused. He started to say something, but remained silent. He went back to preening his wings.

“She had to drop out of school. I remember you saying that on our date. While we were blindfolded.” Celestia sucked in a deep breath and her sides expanded like bellows. The deep breath only stoked her own inner fires. She thought about pouncing Gosling and just taking him. The thought loomed large in the back of her mind. “Your mother had to drop out of school and then take whatever jobs she could just to take care of you.”

Gosling nodded and made a grunt.

“So, the way I see it, you learned from that, and you’re trying to make certain that Skyfire has it a little easier. She’ll have food and shelter.” Celestia’s brows furrowed as she felt a tightness in her loins. “She’ll learn a trade. Potentially, she’ll be able to go back to school herself. You’re using the guard as a social safety net.”

Pulling his mouth away from a feather, Gosling left behind a long ribbon of drool that stretched from his lower lip to his primary. “The guard is a social safety net. I mean, I thought that’s why it was set up the way that it is. The guard encompasses every major career available, from logistics and transportation, to mercantile, to telegraph operation. I thought it was intended to be that way.”

“It became that way,” Celestia replied, “but that wasn’t the intention. Seeing it the way you do though, it does certainly seem that it turned out that way. Perhaps it is time to raise more awareness about what the guard has to offer to ponies… that it is more than just protecting the castle.” Celestia was struck with a powerful idea. “Gosling, you and Seville… your friend… there is something I want from you.”

“Whassat?” Gosling asked as the ribbon of drool broke and little glittering droplets fell.

“I want you to sell the public on your image of how you see the guard. A place that you ran to so that you could find help. Tell them how you found yourself. Talk about the jobs available, the rewards of service, tell the public that it is a lot more than just being a soldier.”

“Well, I did ask for ponies to consider serving their country.” Gosling blinked a few times, thinking about Celestia’s words, and he nodded his head in a careful way, trying not to make himself dizzy. “When Skyfire is formally pardoned, if she accepts, I’ll get Seville and we’ll write out all of the relevant details about her pardon. Why I did it. Why single mothers should join the guard, and confused, messed up teenagers, and ponies that don’t know what to do with their lives. School drop outs that need direction—”

“We could experience a renaissance in the guard.” A hopeful smile spread over Celestia’s muzzle. She thought of the good that could be done if this worked out. “Ponies need to be reminded that the guard is more than rank and file soldiery.”

After nodding again, Gosling went back to preening his feathers while Celestia drew in a deep breath. As he preened, his eyes darted from his wing and then to the alicorn beside him, dividing his attention.

“Skyfire’s pardon could be used for the good of Equestria.” Celestia’s voice was faint, hopeful, and triumphant. “It might give ponies hope in the good that we are capable of. We could use this to give the guard a bit of an image makeover.”

There was a wet slurp as Gosling dragged his lips over an unruly feather.

“And no doubt, Cadance will use this opportunity to grow her army of therapists, counselors, and social workers—”

“We could create an entire wing of the guard dedicated to social services,” Gosling said as he jerked his head away from the feather receiving his attention. “Give Cadance structure and organisation. Call it the ‘love corps’ or sumptin.”

Nodding, Celestia began to see infinite possibility.

Author's Note:

Eternal sunshine optimism. Look for the good in things.

PreviousChapters Next