• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 7,533 Views, 1,352 Comments

The Many Destinies of Sunset Shimmer - ratedoni



The rules of the game have changed; now, the multiverse has been born, but it is in danger of being extinguished. One spark can create a storm and one Sun is the key to survival.

  • ...
33
 1,352
 7,533

PreviousChapters Next
The Sunset of the Food Duels 05 - Reception at Polar Star

The quiet Japanese morning continued for Sunset once she went back to her new school. The fine breeze of spring was as revitalizing as Sunset continued her trek through the immense fields of Totsuki Cooking Academy.

Once more the redhead wondered how it was possible for a school to have the size of a small city on itself. Wherever she looked at she found more and more interesting buildings cropping everywhere. If what she had read correctly most of those buildings were either clubs or cooking buildings designed for something in specific. So it was one more show of power and money that was focused in the art of cooking so one day the students and alumni could make strides upon their fields and bring more amazing recipes, ingredients and techniques.

Whatever the case may be, Sunset knew that in less than a month her new life as a chef-in-training so to say, would start, but before she could do that she had to get into her assigned dorm and prepare everything. People back at the offices were certainly surprised at the name of her new dorm. She thought the name was nice at least.

Looking at the building now she had to admit that it was indeed an impressive building. It reminded her of old chateaus she had seen on photos of Europe with its great walls and climbing plants growing everywhere. The dorm had an almost spooky look that was quite endearing to her, or maybe her tastes were too crooked for a human/pony chef.

Whatever the case Sunset had to admit that she could see herself living in such a place for several years, it was after all far away from other dorms so only the people living there would take the street connecting to the building. Not only that, but the dorm seemed to have been built in a place that made her inner Equestrian to breathe and smile in peace looking at all the nature and trees around. She may have been a Canterlot pony but there was something about nature that just relaxed her and let her breathe in peace.

Taking her eyes away from the building she once again took the information given to her by the people at the offices. Apparently, there were some weird rules before she could even start living at the dorm. She had to show the dorm mother her cooking skills by preparing something and then she had to say it was good enough to be allowed to live in the dorm. It seemed a little extreme but maybe what she wanted was to get the best students –maybe the elite of the students- to be present at the dorms.

Having this information on her head, Sunset took her bags from the back of her motorcycle and began to walk to the door. One thing Sunset had been sure to get was a driver license to be able to drive her custom bike. The thing hadn’t been cheap but it was more than worthy after driving a couple of times.

Sunset didn’t even knocked on the wooden door, thinking that maybe whoever lived in the place would be either on their rooms or eating breakfast so it would be a little hard to hear someone knocking in the door. Instead Sunset simply turned the knob and pushed the old style double door to finally get into the Polar Star Dorm.

Inside she found a very beautiful foyer arranged in a European style. The big windows let enough light enter the foyer illuminating it making it look grand but at the same cozy in a way that made Sunset smile knowing full well that she would enjoy her stay at this place. She then followed the sound of voices and cutlery being used quickly realizing that she had arrived at the right time.

There were nine people sitting down around a table, all of them with chopsticks, plates and dishes and they seemed to have been enjoying breakfast, but the moment she got close to them they all simply stood gawking at Sunset, one of the girls even dropping her chopsticks in surprise.

Sunset blinked at that kind of reception before quickly arriving at the conclusion of why they all reacted in the same way. Besides her hair and eyes she had a twin in the school and her name was Erina. The cocky brat had been truly humiliated by Sunset’s antics and if what her secretary was right Erina was very important of the school. Seeing them all blinking owlishly in her direction made a certain part of Sunset want to mess around with them.

“Is this the kind of reception that I am worthy of in this dorm?” She said trying to mimic the voice and half-lidded look of Erina, which seemed to have worked with the way the other residents of the dorm jumped up in surprise and basically felt down on their knees at her presence. It was so comical that Sunset couldn’t contain her laughter and had to hold her stomach with how loud she was laughing at the way she had scared them. It was at those moments that Sunset let herself go and let her inner troublemaker free. The only ones that didn’t seem scared or confused were an older woman and a boy that seemed slightly older than the other students, maybe due to his rather enigmatic smile.

“Seems that we have a new student in this place, it was quite the surprise to see that face on this dorm, but you are not Erina, who are you?” the woman asked her while Sunset showed her bag full of groceries.

“I am Sunset Shimmer and I am going to be a Polar Star member right now” she said feeling her usual smirk be back in place.

Author's Note:

Next on The Sunset of the Food Duels!

Be prepared for what Sunset would do to be able to live at the Dorm. What will be her ingredients and dishes? Don't miss the fun... and lunch in the next episode.

PreviousChapters Next