• Published 16th Apr 2016
  • 539 Views, 5 Comments

Against the Shadows - DazzleMLP84



"I thought I had everything planned out for the rest of my life, because Ruby was gone and had no control of me any more. But, I realized I was wrong when I met Allegro Flare."-Adagio

  • ...
4
 5
 539

Putting the Pieces Together

"Okay, calm down. Everything is going to work out, just don't think of them. Think of the dance routine I performed at nationals, dancing always calms me down." Allegro thought to herself.

She started to go through the dance steps from her first place winning dance, including twirls, leaps and emotion. She had started dance when she was three and she was natural from the very beginning. Allegro liked the feeling of being in her own little world when she danced. But this time dancing didn't help with her stress, instead it made her more stressed. She continued dance anyway, still trying to calm down. Summer woke up from one of the beds and watched her friend dance for a little bit.

Summer herself was a gymnast, not the best one, but she understood why Allegro liked to dance to calm down. Allegro finally stopped in the ending pose of the dance and slowly put her hands back to her sides.

"You know you did better than you did at nationals." Summer said to break the silence.

"You really believe that?"

"Of course. You are like the most amazing dancer I know."

"I wasn't really even trying."

"That's the thing about you, Allegro. You do well when you aren't even trying."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Do you want to get something eat?"

"Sure. But what about Ruby and......."

"Forget about them! They aren't anywhere near us, so there is no reason to worry about them."

"Okay. Whatever you say."
___________________________

"Okay, let's see." Adagio said to herself while reading articles on time travel on her laptop. "Time travel, is very complex topic and should be really hard to complete. So far no successful prototypes have been built. But scientists are working on it right at this moment and is having really good progress thanks to more scientists starting figure out how it works, so more people are joining to help figure it out. No information is to be shared yet, because at the moment it hasn't been proven. At this rate it looks like time travel won't be completed until around the year 2028. Okay, this is all useful information."

Adagio closed out of the article and logged in to her video chat account. She invited Sunset and Twilight and wait for them to join the chat.

"Hey, guys I found information about time travel."

"That's good, Dagi." Sunset replied.

"I was actually trying to figure out how time travel works, when I was ten. But I gave up because it was way too complicated, even for me." Twilight replied.

"I remember that like it was yesterday. You two should've seen how frustrated she was." Spike interrupted.

"Yeah, I bet that was frustrating. Trying to work on something that scientists haven't figured out, yet." Sunset replied.

"When I was looking at the article, it said that the estimated time for time travel to be completed is 2028." Adagio continued.

"Depending by that time, we probably would be married and maybe having kids. So it is very possible that the two girls could be in fact, from the future. Has any information or successful prototypes been revealed yet?" Twilight asked.

"No, none of the information of how it might work has been proven and there is no successful prototypes. Sunset, has Equestrian Twilight said anything about any possible spells in Equestria for time travel?"

"Actually, she said there is a spell from Starswirl the Bearded for time travel. A unicorn named Starlight Glimmer, used it to try to mess up the timeline, and it had disastrous effects. Even Twilight used it to tell to herself not to worry about something, but at that time it could only have her be in the past for ten seconds so she didn't get to say it completely and her past self was worrying about some disaster that wasn't going to happen. From those experiences she that it really isn't a good idea to mess with with the past." Sunset replied.

"Okay, thank you for that, Sunset. That is weird if time travel can totally mess up both the future and the past, then why would my daughter and your daughter use time travel if they knew that it could have disastrous effects to the timeline."

"Didn't your daughter say that she is in trouble, in your dream?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, she did say that! I bet Ruby has something to do with it."

"Yeah, but isn't Ruby in jail for 30 years? That totally doesn't line up with the timeline. She wouldn't get out until 2044." Sunset added.

"Yeah, but remember that Ruby is a killer manipulator. I bet she acted good for a while and eventually manipulated someone to get her out."

"That totally makes sense." Twilight added.

"Okay, we all know exactly how this works. The only thing missing is one name and ties to Equestria." Adagio replied happily.

"All right, but there is no way we can prove that stuff yet." Sunset added.

"Yes, there is. I bet they probably went to go get food since it's around five so we'll go get food as well."

"Um, but where would they go to eat?" Twilight asked.

"Simple, Italian food. No one can resist Italian food in my family, and if Allegro is my future daughter, you bet she is probably going to the most famous Italian restaurant in town. And if the other girl is her best friend she is probably going too."

"Okay, so we'll meet at the restaurant in a little bit, then? Okay see you guys there!" Sunset said logging off.

"Bye!" Twilight said logging off as well.

Adagio finally logged off, Grabbed her jacket, and headed out the door of her room.

"Mom, Dad, I'm leaving to go eat with my friends at a restaurant! I'll be home later!" Adagio yelled down the hallway running to the front door.

"Okay, have fun!" Her mother yelled back.

Adagio finally ran out the front door.

Author's Note:

Okay, I know it has been a long time since I've updated this, so here is finally the next chapter. Fun fact this chapter took extremely long because I really didn't like how my previous draft looked of this and it really didn't fit. But I finally figured it out, and I am so happy how this turned out :pinkiehappy:. As you can tell this is really starting to pick up the pace, and this is exactly what I was thinking of. Hope you guys are liking this! Keep On Dazzling everyone :raritystarry:!