• Published 15th Apr 2016
  • 698 Views, 10 Comments

Among The Nightmares - Spirit Of Fantasy



A toddler of a rare human breed must survive a creature of nightmares with nothing, but his advanced intelligence, and two pony plushy sisters that vow to protect him to what ever end.

  • ...
14
 10
 698

Epilogue:Welcome Home

Epilogue:Welcome Home

A new world, recovering from what could have been the end of all things. Full of many ponies, much like the princesses themselves, most of all shapes and sizes. All in full recovery from impending doom that had strangely ceased as quickly as it had arrived. Monsters of many forms, sizes and abilities awaited to destroy this peaceful and colorful world of ponies. Now they were gone, retreated without hesitation or desire for death.

From beyond the chaos ceasing from the green grassy plains a castle of stone, gold and decor over looked it all. A city rested right by it's side as they were perched to a tall mountain. With a water fall outside it's boundaries together this castle and city formed a kingdom. The very kingdom belonging to the very royalty that was now arriving home with their greatest treasure. Within the castle awaited two other Alicorn mares, who desperately awaited their fellow princesses return.

Both were mares in nature, one purple, and one pink. One was shorter and bared the purple color with a deep blue mane and tail with a pink streak going down the center. The mark on her flank represented a six pointed star surrounded by small white stars. Her purple eyes watched as the sky went from orange to clear blue once more. She gasped with her fellow Alicorn of a slightly older age, with the fur of pink

She fixed her purple, pink and yellow mane and tail with a shake as her Crystal made heart mark twinkled. A good omen was the recipe for what was happening, all peace happening before them. This could only mean one thing, their fellow princesses had succeeded in their mission.

"They did it...! They did it Cadence! They have the Equine! The Equine human is safe!"The younger mare ran from the giant window within a white and gold throne room.

"Slow down Twilight! Yes they were successful, but lets just be patient, it may be a while before Celestia and Luna return,"The one called Cadence insisted patience upon the one called Twilight,"We just need to wait...! And maybe get some rest..."

"Oh... Yeah... We didn't get much sleep did we...? How long has it been?"Twilight asked of her friend while Cadence had then lit up her horn with ice blue magic.

"Three days... Ever since the armies of Tartarus arrived. I think some rest would be needed for all of us..."Cadence suggested before another baby Alicorn appeared in her arms cooing with a cute big smile.

"Wow... It has been a while..."Finally the small mare broke into a yawn before walking to the baby and petting her matching mane to her mother.

"At least Flurry Heart is well rested, and soon she may have a play mate coming..."Twilight made the foal giggle as Cadence did as well.

"Come on... Now it is our turn to sleep, hopefully the princesses will return when we wake up."

Twilight nodded in agreement, she even took up the foal in her arm and cradled her. They began to walk back out of the bright throne room, and as cadence was willing to open the door. The doors swung open themselves before stallion guards garbed in solid gold armor on full defense were surrounding the area. This caused the young foal to start crying as every window was scoped and every corner was lit and watched. Finally one of the main guards of the throne arrived with news.

"Princess Twilight, princess Cadence. They have returned...! And... They have it. The first Equine in ten thousand years,"The guard was serious and even a bit nervous as they heard hoof steps approach,"He's sleeping right now... It's a healthy boy...! It has endured and survived the evils of the nightmare master...!"

"So the princesses made it to the child first, but were caught in his evil nightmare dimensions..."Cadence assumed knowing knowledge of the demons darkest emissaries.

"Yes, but they survived, though the child is a bit shaken... The nightmare monster killed his earth parents,"This chilled the two to the core, but they continued to listen as the hoof steps approached,"Here they come...! Places soldiers, make sure any shadow is lit for the child, move!"

The princesses looked around before Twilight tried to hush young Flurry Heart. Finally the young foal began to quiet down before eyeing up the arrival of the sisters themselves, Celestia and Luna. All three pairs of eyes sparkled to see the tall Alicorns enter the throne room. They backed up to give room before both sisters smiled and looked to each other. Only to return focus to their young fellow princesses.

"Twilight Sparkle. Princess Cadence... I assume the chaos is ceasing?"Celestia smiled happily with a heart that melted.

"Yes. The demons have fled as quickly as they came Celestia. Harmony is returning. The kingdoms have all held their ground,"Cadence said with her eyes suddenly focusing on something within Luna's left fore arm,"Uh...u, u uh... A-are you two...ooook?"

"Why yes we are Cadence... We survived the Nightmare masters dark realm, he is gone with dear sisters sun,"Luna giggled seeing Twilight and Cadence stutter and eyeing up her fore arm,"You two look tired...!"

"Forgive us...for changing the subject...! But... Is that what I think it is...?"Twilight asked as they dared to get closer with Flurry Heart reaching for Luna.

Luna looked to her sister before they both blushed seeing the guards slowly turning to see as well. Finally Luna stopped teasing and slowly moved her fore arms a bit to show the bright and shining face of a sleeping Aiden. The guards dropped their spears, while the princesses dropped their jaws. The beautiful flawless skin and sparkly hair. The essence of his magic loomed under their noses.

"Awwwwww...!"Twilight and Cadence both cooed and squeaked so loud out of joy and adorableness.

"It's real. The equine is real...! It's so adorable,"Cadence squeaked as Flurry reached for the boy,"Nothing has been so adorable... Not since Flurry Heart was there such a beautiful child...!"

"His name is Aiden. He's very smart, and very very brave... He's seen such horrible things,"Celestia's smile nearly faded s she looked to him slowly fluttering his eyes,"His own parents... Dead at his feet... We needed to get him out of there while we could..."

"Well... Will he be safe? Will he be able to live a good life?"Twilight asked as she reached and nearly melted touching and brushing his blond hair.

"Yes... Though he may have picked up a condition... A phobia of sorts. Darkness... It seems to cause him to panic and scream in fear,"Luna warned as she scanned the room to reassure that it was properly lit,"Hence our reason for keeping this entire castle brightly lit. No shadows, and no dark rooms... Not one shade darker than a full lit room."

"As far as we know, nothing more seems to be troubling him... Ooh look...!"Celestia suddenly woke completely seeing that Aiden was doing the same.

Aiden let out a small yawn and flickered his eye lids to a bright light above him, like a light from heaven. Only there was no death, only life within him, as he stared into the eyes of the two mares that loved him, and risked it all for him. To add to it, he found three more faces smiling at him, all so beautiful.

"Good morning Aiden... Did you sleep well,"Celestia whispered as Aiden crawled to his bottom and looked around,"Easy now child. You've fought so hard for so long...! And now you can rest easy."

"He can't help it. He's curious about his new home...! Funny thing is, This is simply an old world that missed him,"Luna smiled watching Aiden look to Twilight and Cadence,"You'll grow to be a beautiful equine human. You will be the one to restore your people Aiden...!"

The guards bowed to Aiden quickly to show respect for the return of their maker. Cadence and Twilight were allowed to stay in their place while Aiden reached and held Flurry Heart's hoof. Slowly a small smile began to form as they all cooed at Aiden. Everything he did was cute and heart warming, just having him here brought a new world of hope and happiness to their world.

"Welcome to your home Aiden..."Celestia said as she nuzzled his cheek and gave him his two famous plushies he knew as old friends.

"We take it that both of you know some pony that can take good care of him?"Cadence asked as they got closer so Aiden could pet Flurry Heart.

"That will be us Cadence... Me and dear sister will be his family, his mothers of day and night,"Luna answered with a smile to Aide before kissing his head,"We will take care for him. We will give him all the love, happiness, adventure, protection, and so much more... He'll never have to see another bad thing ever again..."

"I guess if that's what you two want, then we will support you both to the best of our abilities. We'll be his aunts and baby sitters."Twilight offered and Cadence nodded being a pro at baby sitting herself.

"Thank you... This is your new home... We're your new family. And we will love you so very much...!"Celestia proclaimed their care and happiness for Aiden.

He finally gave a big smile and a giggle, even through all the evil he had witnessed. He let go of the filly foal and fell back into Luna's arm and opened his mouth to let out three beautiful new words.

"Mommy... Celestia... Luna...!"

The End

Comments ( 3 )

GAH! MY HEART!

IT CANNAE TAKE ANY MORE CAPTAIN!

WELL DONE

P.S It just occurred to me this is an among the sleep story

P.P.S Just read the description. It says it's among the sleep quite clearly... I need to read the description more often. :rainbowlaugh:

7148067 Regarding your question about where to read Among The Sleep, you can't read it because this story was based off the game, Among The Sleep, and not a book. Regardless, I do recommend playing the game as it is a really really good psychological horror/survival horror game .

7617847 that's what it's inspired by. You're thinking of among the sleep

Login or register to comment