• Published 14th Apr 2016
  • 1,399 Views, 36 Comments

Foreigners with Foreign Language - Smashology



If your friends have to pay the consequences of your mistakes, what would you do? Pinkie Pie is asking to herself this while she finds a way to break the curse laid on her. An MLP x TFH crossover.

  • ...
9
 36
 1,399

Bad luck will fall on you and the ones you love!

Author's Note:

My God, this is one of the hardest stories I've ever written. Before you start reading let me let you know a couple of details:

The majority of crossover stories are only in 2 genres: comedy and adventure. There are exceptions but that seems to be the rule. This is an experiment of trying something different. Also I hope this can inspire others to write about these creatures and their universe.

I hope you enjoy it. Now if you excuse me it's time for me to go to hell.:derpytongue2:

Another festival was arriving to Equestria, another time to create new friendships, the name of the festival: Ethnicfest, which was done to celebrate all those species different from ponies all around the world for a week. There were griffons, yaks, donkeys, diamond dogs, buffalos, breezies and even a few dragons. As always the princesses were in charge of the organization, including Twilight Sparkle herself. The rest of the Mane 6 were no exception: Applejack and Pinkie Pie prepared the food, Fluttershy took a tour for all of them across the town, Rainbow Dash entertained them with acrobatic stunts and Rarity opened a small souvenir shop so they could buy some clothes. This was done for 3 days in a row, on the 4th something happened, something that will change the things for the Mane 6 forever. It all started when the girls took a break from their respective businesses and decided to explore the festival itself, each one carrying a saddlebag with bits just in case.

“Ah Ethnicfest, the festival where all species different from ponies worked to be like us,” said Rainbow Dash.

“You can even hear all of them saying ‘hello’ to each other,” said Fluttershy agreeing with her friend.

“I’m going to buy some exotic food for you all,” said Pinkie Pie happily and then departed jumping from the rest. “Wait for me.”

“Look, it’s a fortune teller,” advised Applejack pointing the local.

It was a small tent, covered in red and blue stripes and at the entrance a sign that said ‘Fortune teller, after hours use automated teller.’ The 5 ponies entered the tent and discovered an animal they had never seen before, not even Fluttershy: a mix between a sheep and a camel, with large legs and a large neck sitting in front of a table with a crystal ball on it. The animal had yellow wool and purple eyes and was wearing a purple scarf and turban with a blue feather.

“Good mornin’.”

“Welcome to my house. I intuit you have millions of questions,” it said. The tone of the voice revealed it was a female. “First of all, are you from security?”

“No,” responded Twilight.

“Thank Celestia. Do you know how hard it was to get a spot on this festival? Even the princesses don’t recognize my species.”

“Excuse us,” said Fluttershy. “But who and what are you?”

“My name is Paprika and I’m an alpaca, I come from the southern lands,” she said. “I make my living doing prophecies as a gypsy. Mind if you want one?”

“Come on; don’t tell me you believe in this,” Twilight questioned her friends.

“Don’t be so rude darling. It’s just for fun,” answered Rarity.

“You know?” asked Paprika while she was fondling her chin. “You kind of remind me of some friends I had a long time ago. You even have the same personalities.”

“That’s cute,” replied Fluttershy. “How did they look like?”

“I cannot tell you,” she answered. “It’s confidential.”

“Oh we understand,” Rarity said. “But there are occasions when you remember them, right?”

“Oh yeah. In fact when we fought or felt alone, we always sang the Best Friends song!” Paprika smiled from ear to ear, the ponies looked confused to each other. She gasped. “You don’t know the Best Friends song?!”

They moved their heads from side to side denying it.

“You should. It reinforces friendship bonds and makes them stronger than ever. Here, let me teach you.”

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie was outside finishing her orders and returning to the spot.

“They’ll love these griffon scones,” Pinkie Pie suddenly noticed her friends weren’t in the same spot. “Girls?” she then heard voices singing coming from an unexpected place: a red-and-blue striped tent.

TS: “There’s nothing in the world that could tear us apart. ♪”
RD: “You my friend. ♪”
RT: “There’s nothing in the universe that could come. ♪”
AJ: “In between us. ♪”
FS: “If you’re in a rush I will pick you up. ♪”
PK: “And bring you back to who you are. ♪”

“Now be ready for the best part” said the alpaca.

PK: “Anything that you need. ♪”
M5: “I’m here for you. ♪”
PK: “Whatever I need to be. ♪”
M5: “I’m there for you. ♪”
PK: “Unconditional, even if I am not cool. ♪”
M5: “I’m there where you need me. ♪”
PK: “Need a shoulder to cry on. ♪”
M5: “It’s here for you. ♪”
PK: “Need a friend to rely on. ♪”
M5: “I’m there for you. ♪”
PK: “Unconditional, I know you know you’re my buddy. ♪”
M5: “And you’re my best best friend. ♪”

Everypony laughed of excitement.

“Oh Paprika you’re so cool,” said Rainbow Dash.

“I have an idea,” Rarity proposed. “Why don’t you hang out with us in your spare time?”

Paprika smiled happily.

“That would be so funny!”

“Well now that we’re friends,” said Rarity. “It’s only fair if we help you with your business.”

“You mean it?!”

The ponies took a few bits out from their saddlebags and gave them to the alpaca, she began to look into her crystal ball.

“I sense all of you lived in misery.”

“That’s ridiculous,” said Applejack. “How could that be possible?”

Suddenly Pinkie Pie entered with a lot of griffon scones.

“What’s going on here?” she asked. The rest of the Mane 6 turned around.

“Pinkie...” Twilight said nervous. “Well you see–”

But Pinkie Pie got distracted with Paprika’s appearance, her pupils expanded and dropped all the desserts.

“Oh, it’s a fortune teller!” she approached the table really excited. “Tell me the future.”

“I sense I don’t have to accept a check,” said Paprika annoyed and unamused.

“She’s good.”

“Sorry to leave you Paprika but we need to go back to our duties,” said Twilight.

When Twilight tried to drag Pinkie with the rest of them she held to the tablecloth so firm that when the princess finally pull her out she slipped off with the griffon scones Pinkie dropped to the floor, causing some candles to touch the fabric of the tent and ended burning the entire place. All exit and the guards and firefighters came to the scene minutes later. While the Mane 6 comforted each other the fire was extinguished, all of them could only see a sad alpaca viewing her business bedraggled. Pinkie Pie approached her slowly.

“Paprika–”

“You ruined me!” said Paprika furious as she turned around. “How could I not prevent this?” She looked down to the only things she could save: a pair of tarot cards that said ‘The flaming pink pony’, which showed a pony who looked like Pinkie Pie in flames and ‘The ruined alpaca’, which showed an alpaca who looked like Paprika covered in ashes.

“Hey that’s me!” said Pinkie Pie excited when she looked at the first card and noticed the drawing, she did the same with the second one. “And that’s you!”

“You’re a stupid, stupid pony!” she shouted to all of Equestria and pointed to the pink pony. “I cursed you. Bad luck will fall on you and the ones you love!”

“But I love everypony. Even the ones that don’t love me I love them.”

“Well... then the ones you love THE MOST!”

“No!”

Paprika laughed maliciously and disappeared in a smoke ball. The pink pony showed a scared face to her friends.

“I’m cursed. I’M CURSED!”

“Pinkie, don’t tell us you believe in those fallacies,” asked Rarity serious.

“Only Twilight doesn’t believe in them, but the rest of you do.”

“Darling it’s just a game to scare little foals.”

The rest of the Mane 6 approached Pinkie to support her.

“Just ‘cause a new friend of ours says ya’re cursed doesn’t mean it’s true.”

“You befriend her without me?!” Pinkie was starting to have cramps. “I’m not important to you anymore?”

“No...” Twilight sighed. “We’ll talk about this later, now we have to go back to work.”

“I’m going to stay with her a little,” replied Fluttershy. “Just to be sure.”

Fluttershy kept her promised and stayed with Pinkie the rest of the day. When night fell all of them reunited in the entrance of the Friendship Castle to organize them for the next day.

“Ok,” Twilight started the list. “So for tomorrow Rarity will sell hats and saddlebags, Applejack will prepare apple fritter, Rainbow Dash is going to take them to the highest cliff for some gliding and–”

“Twilight we have a problem,” Rainbow Dash interrupted her and pointed to Pinkie who was lying on the floor in the fettle position.

“That evil gypsy said that horrible things will happen to the ones I love the most, what would happen if those I love include you?”

“Ok sugarcube, ya’re overreactin’. First of all she’s not ‘evil’ and second–”

“But it’s true.”

“You said you could calm her down Fluttershy,” replied Rainbow Dash.

“I did.”

“How many times do I have to repeat it?” Twilight desperately levitated Pinkie with her magic. “Curses don’t exist! Stop it, stop it already! Stop being afraid of things that obviously don’t exist!”

The rest of the girls grabbed Pinkie and put her down so Twilight could calm down.

“Maybe all she needs is a sleep,” said Rarity. “Why don’t you go to your house and sleep well? Tomorrow will be another day.”

“Maybe you’re right,” said Pinkie. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Good night Pinkie Pie!” they all said it at unison.

She went to her home and rested on her bed. The next morning she was awaken to bake the next round of cupcakes for the day, the door opened and two customers entered Sugarcube Corner. Pinkie got out of the kitchen with a tray full of cupcakes to welcome them.

“Good morning, my first customer of the day. What can I bring to you?”

“Pinkie, we need your help.”

But these customers were unrecognizable to her. How did they knew her name?

“Who are you?” she asked scared.

“Um... Pinkie Pie... we’re Fluttershy and Rarity,” the unicorn answered.

The pink pony dropped the tray and the cupcakes touched the ground in slow motion. Rarity now had light brown fur covering her legs and her tail had disappeared while Fluttershy had shorter legs and lost all her fur. She was on the unicorn’s back and she could barely open her eyes.

“What happened to both of you?” she asked.

“We don’t know darling,” Rarity responded. “I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and appeared like this. Then a bird came to my window and its tweet probably was about Fluttershy so I ran to her cottage to saw if the same happened to her. When I arrived she was lying on the floor with Angel trying so hard to move her. I brought her here so you could tell us.”

“Now I can’t walk correctly,” said Fluttershy gasping. “My body is too heavy for my new legs to lift it.”

“I had to carry her here to see you.”

“Don’t you think it’s a superstition or a coincidence?” asked Pinkie.

“Don’t be naïve Pinkie Pie,” Rarity answered. “She can hardly breathe; we have to find the others!”

The 3 mares exit the store to found the remaining ponies outside of the store, all changed in one form or another.

“Oh no,” Pinkie said worried. “You too?”

“What’s happening?” Twilight asked worried. “My coat is black. Now everypony thinks I’m Sombra’s daughter.”

“A pair of horns grew on my head,” said Applejack taking her hat off to reveal them. “Also, is it me or are all of ya gettin’ taller?”

“My coat is green and I lost my entire mane and tail,” added Rainbow Dash. “On top of that I can’t eat anything.”

“What do you mean?” asked Pinkie.

“I mean literally anything,” the cyan pony kneeled down to Pinkie Pie. “Apples, flowers, hay. I tried everything, even the grass.”

“You were right,” Rarity said. “It’s Paprika’s curse, and we were punished because YOU destroyed her business.”

“Well if Twilight hadn’t dragged me so hard there the tent wouldn’t have burned and everything would be fine.”

“Or maybe if Applejack didn’t spot the tent in the first place.”

“Ah was just tryin’ to spend time with ya.”

“Please girls we don’t have to blame each other,” said Fluttershy as hard as her lunges could. “We have to find a solution to–”

Suddenly everypony fell to the ground; a pain surrounded their bodies and their screams of agony covered the air. Physical changes were occurring to each one: Rarity’s legs extended, Fluttershy, who had fallen off her friend’s back, saw how wool was replacing her disappeared fur, Applejack’s tail went from being of keratin to bone, Twilight’s horn enlarged and curved and Rainbow Dash’s teeth fell out of her mouth to be replaced with new sharp ones. The only thing Pinkie could do was watch them suffer.

“This is worse than I thought. I have to visit my sisters right now, in the meantime take shelter on Twilight’s home, I Pinkie promise I’ll save you.”

She retired from the scene and took the first train to her home in the rock farm. While they were suffering all obeyed the orders from Pinkie and went to the castle, being chased by the rest of Ponyville the only option they had to save their lives was blocking the entrance to the castle. When the main door was closed all noticed something strange was happening to Rainbow Dash. She asked them:

“Why all of you suddenly smell better?”