• Published 27th Jun 2016
  • 1,084 Views, 53 Comments

The Third Commander - Priceless911



570 Years after The Eden's Kiss Catastrophy, Princess Umbra who has taken the name Thundaga hopes to force peace upon the world, but is she truly The Third Commander, one who is set to create peace, or is there another?

  • ...
6
 53
 1,084

Ch15 Old Friends

Thundaga trotted along a long line of chained captives at the city gates as Commander Mist trotted beside her, “there is almost thirty of them. Twenty were carrying weapon or armor with them. The rest are suspected supporters or members of the rebellion.”
Thundaga looked over the shame filled faces of the captives as she replied, “is that so…”
Thundaga approached one as she spoke, “you… have you heard the name, Zine of the Everfree, or for that matter, Captain Gem Stone of the Nightmare Legion?”
Nervous, the prisoner replied, “Y-yes your majesty. Zine… not the other pony.”
“Then would you mind telling us where he is?...”

The prisoner became confused as he replied, “um… I’m sorry, but don’t know your majesty…”
Thundaga gave the prisoner an unamused look as she replied, “then do you know if he has supported the rebellion in any way?”
The prisoner shook his head, “I… I don’t know your majesty… I’m not a member of the rebellion. I swear, I’m just a traveler who carries a sword for protection. I don’t even kno-”
Unconcerned with his reasoning, Thundaga raised her hoof to stop him, “Silence… We’ve heard enough.”
With that Thundaga turned away from the prisoners and began trotting away as Commander Mist asked, “What would you like us to do with them?”
Thundaga replied, “Kill them…”

Commander Mist nodded his head in agreement as he replied, “Of course your majesty, what I meant was, when would you like the execution ceremony to be?”
Thundaga paused as she looked at commander mist with an angry look. As she looked at him, she used her magic to draw his sword as the turned the blade towards the prisoners before flinging it across the area before embedding it into the chest of the stallion she just finished talking to. Afraid for their lives the prisoner’s stepped away from the victim as the dead pony fell to the ground. After seeing this, Thundaga replied with a tone loud enough for everypony in the area to hear, “Now! Execute them here and now! All of them!”

Hearing their fate, the prisoners started stumbling over their chains to try and flee for safety, only to find that there was no escape as the guard readied their weapons to follow their orders. Fearful for the prisoners, the civilians in the area averted their eyes in worry as one of the prisoners spoke up, “Thundaga!!!”
Curious, Thundaga turned towards the prisoner as he yelled, “I FEAR NO STORM!!! I FEAR NO ST-“
Before the captive could repeat his words, a royal guard charged him with a spear before plunging the blade into the stallion’s side and silencing him permanently. As the prisoner fell to the ground, the rest of the guards started killing the rest of the panicking prisoners as Thundaga turned away from the captives and replied to his words, “Then… We must try harder.”

High over the clouds of Equestria, Cirrus and Gem Stone soared as Spike flew not too far below them with Zine on his back. As the two pegasi continued, Gem Stone panted as she spoke, “I don’t know how you do it. The air up here is so thin, it almost hurts to breathe.”
Cirrus replied with no strain in his words, “It is, but this is probably the safest way to travel right now. Not very many Royal Guards will expect to see us this high. Besides, this is good for your breathing. If anything it will train your lungs and make you stronger… although I understand if you can’t handle it, not everypony can be as strong as me.”
Cirrus smiled in a smug way as Gem replied, “name the time, the place, the weapon, and make it on the ground, and I'll take you down without trying, Commander.”
The two smiled at the playful banter as Cirrus replied, “I don’t know… I’m fairly certain I can run faster scared than you can angry.”

The two shared a laugh as Gem replied, “If that’s your only ace in the hole then we are in more trouble than I thought. Speaking of which, are you sure they’ll help us?”
Cirrus replied, “I had a friend who was a part of them a long time ago. I hadn’t seen him in over a decade, but if he is still there then they might, either way it’s worth a shot.”
Not far below the two pegasi, Zine rode on Spikes back as he spoke, “Just so you know… this is a little weird for me.”
Spike nodded his head, “No problem, kinda makes me think about how Twilight felt when I road on her back all those years ago.”

Zine gave Spike a strange look, “wait… you mean Princess Twilight?... you rode on her back?”
Spike nodded his head, “well yea… but I was a baby dragon back then so I was much smaller than I am now.”
Zine shook his head as he smiled, “still, who in their right mind would ever ride a pony… that’s just plain weird.”
Spike smiled, “coming from you… that says something. By-the-way… do you intend on telling them the truth? You know, about who you are?”
Zine replied, “When it becomes necessary, I'll tell them. Till then, I’m sure they won’t die if I continue to keep it quiet. Who knows, maybe they won’t ever know. But… if it comes to it. I will be the one to tell them.”

At about that time, both Cirrus and Gem Stone lowered their altitude as Cirrus spoke, “we are almost there, time to move down.”
Spike nodded his head, “good, I can’t handle this height, my lungs need much more air then you three.”
Cirrus smiled, “Well at least I know what to do if I ever make a dragon mad.”
Zine smiled, “yep, kiss your plot goodbye.”
With that Cirrus smiled at the joke as the group slowly lowered their altitude until they found themselves below the cloud cover overlooking an unusually organized cluster of dead trees as Spike spoke, “what?... is this… Sweet Apple Acers?”
Cirrus nodded his head, “yea… or what’s left of it.”
Gem Stone gave them a confused look as Zine Explained, “a number of years ago, this was once the most fertile orchard of apples that anypony had seen… but not long ago, Apple Barrel one of the last of the Apple Family was deemed a traitor to the kingdom and arrested for his crimes of supplying the rebellion with food. After that he was executed and the orchard, having nopony to take care of it, fell to ruins.

Cirrus nodded his head, “I remember the way it used to be. Apples as far as the eyes could see. Now only a few trees still grow but… they are hard to find.”
Spike sighed in disappointment, “yea… this place used to be beautiful. Now… it’s hard to look at.”
With that the group flew over the massive grove of dead apple trees until they finally arrived at an old secluded barn as they landed next to it. As soon as they landed, Gem Stone cringed in pain as Cirrus asked, “you okay Gem? How’s your wing?”
Gem smiled through her pain, “it’s fine, just a little sore.”
Zine replied, “little?... I can feel it from here. Which is weird by the way since I don’t have wings. It feels like a pain in the hair on my coat. Like an itch on the inside of your skin that you can’t scratch.”
Gem sighed, “It’s fine… nothing I’m not used to ignoring, I had to deal with far worse than this before.”
Zine gave her a skeptic look, “Really?... name one time?”
Gem gave him a hopeless look as she replied, “um… when I died.”
Zine nodded his head, “oh yea… almost forgot about that.”

Spike spoke up, “Um… fillies? I'd hate to interrupt but we have other matters to attend to here.
Cirrus nodded, “Spike’s right, we need to find where they stored the cider barrels. Spike wait here, you can use the barn for cover.”
Zine smiled sarcastically, “good idea, world’s coming to an end, so I could use a well-aged drink. Ms. Stone could us two, if she’s of age. And Spike… could use about three… barrels.”
Both Gem Stone and Spike looked at Zine at the same time, “What’s that supposed to mean!?!”

Ignoring the comment from both sides, Cirrus trotted into the back of the barn as he looked for what brought him to this forgotten structure in the first place. As he continued, he found a small secluded room in the back with three barrels sitting horizontal on a barrel rack. As he approached the three, he noticed that the center barrel had the word Alcoholic in big red lettering on the lid. After seeing this Cirrus raised his hoof and knocked on it five times with slight hesitation between knocks so that they could each be heard clearly. After hearing the knocks from where they were talking, Zine and Gem approached the doorway to the small room in curiosity as Cirrus listened carefully for what would happen next. As Gem looked into the room she started to ask, “What’s going o-”
“Shh-”

After being shushed by Cirrus, Gem stopped talking as the three listened carefully until a small scratching sound could be heard on the floor under the barrel rack. As soon as he heard the sound, Zine smiled as he spoke sarcastically, “listen to that… sounds like mice.”
Ignoring his words Cirrus spoke loudly, “I fear no storm.”
After saying this, a moment of silence passed as Gem asked, “Why do you say tha-”
All of a sudden, the wooden floor in front of the barrel rack dropped about an inch as the sudden drop from under his hooves caused Cirrus to jump back in surprise. After backing off the dropped floor, Cirrus, Gem and Zine watched as the floor started sliding under the barrel rack to reveal a staircase that went deep underground beneath the barn. Knowing this was supposed to happen, Cirrus gave a bracing sigh she spoke, “alright… follow me.”

With that said, Cirrus began trotting down the stairs as Gem and Zine followed closely behind. After a few minutes of trotting, the steps ended into a small room with a door at the back wall. However before The trio could approach the door, it opened as a caramel colored stallion came through the door as he closed it behind him and smiled, “Well, a fine howdy-doo to you Mr. Cloud.”
Confused by the unknown stallion Cirrus spoke, “You know who I am?”
The stallion nodded his head, “do I? Everypony here knows who you are, just as they know Zine behind you. Although I don’t think anypony would expect to see you here… then again after what happened in Canterlot, I’m sure it was just a matter of time. By the way, welcome back. I don’t think you remember me but I remember seeing you here a long time ago…I remember everypony who comes here.” He looked at Gem Stone with happy curiosity, “But not you? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before. Can I ask your name? I’m always happy to meet a new friend.”
Feeling a little cautions Gem Stone replied, “My name is Captain Gem Stone. I’m Commander Halo’s Officer.”
“Commander Halo?... now that’s fun to say. Way better then Commander Cloud. Now when I see you I can say Halo commander.”
Zine smiled, “hey, that’s a good play on words.” He looked at Cirrus, “I like this guy commander, can he join our army?”

Gem Stone shushed Zine as the stallion stood at attention and smiled, “well Captain it’s nice to meet-cha. My name is Butterscotch. Butterscotch Pie.”
Cirrus gave him a curious look, “Butterscotch? Aren’t you the owner of sugar cube corner?”
Zine smiled as he replied for him, “As a matter-a-fact, he is. As well as a descendant of laughter.”
Butterscotch smiled joyfully, “Yes indeed-e-doo. That’s me, but right now, I’m just a Lieutenant Pie of the rebellion.”
Cirrus nodded his head, “Nice to meet you lieutenant. We came to see the rebellion general. We have a request that might help us both.”
“Us both?”
Cirrus nodded, “yes, as in us and the rebellion.”

Butterscotch thought to himself for a second then nodded, “Welp, if it will help us both then I’m sure the general won’t mind me showing you in.”
With that Butterscotch turned around and opened the door as he spoke, “Okeydokey then, just follow me please.”
Nodding his head in agreement, Cirrus started following Butterscotch as he exited the room into a large cavern that was lined with balconies and rooms. As they continued through the massive cavern, Cirrus looked around as he spoke, “So this is the rebellion hideout?... I remember it vaguely but it seemed much smaller back then.”
Butterscotch replied, “When you were a colt, this place was only one level of rooms, but since then we’ve had to dig deeper and add more caverns for the growing number of members. Not only do we organize the rebellion’s members and strategies here, we also provide homes for members who are hiding from the royal guards. Not everypony who is found out by the princess is killed, some manage to run away, so we hid them here.”
As they continued, Gem sighed, “A base and a refugee camp… the rebellion thinks of everything don’t they.”
Zine shrugged his shoulders, “Or they make it up as they go. It’s not hard to turn a storage room into a guest room.”
Butterscotch smiled, “yep, we just react to what happens. You can’t always plan for what’s unexpected. All you can do it to plan that things won’t go according to plan.”
Gem Stone sighed, “Ain’t that the truth.”

With that, the group continued until they approached a room that sat in the very back of the cavern as they entered to see General Dash sitting at a table with seven other ponies. As they entered into what could only be described as a meeting, Cirrus and the group stayed quiet as General Dash looked at a map on the table as another pony spoke, “We lost five soldiers in Trottingham. One was executed leaving Canterlot after a supply run with the Canterlot wing. After that however, the other four were too scared to continue. Three gave up entirely while the last one decided to seek out the Third Party.”
General Dash sighed, “Reassign three from Cloudsdale to the Trottingham branch. If our numbers drop too much in one town we will lose surveillance on Thundaga’s idle forces. What about the Gate count in Canterlot?”
A large light green earth pony replied, “Well, we ain’t got that count just yet. Yesterday afternoon, we had four captured and executed at the gate, but we still got no word from our supply unit from this mornin’.”
“How many?”
“I'd figure seven, but still nothin’ on whether they got through or not.”

General Dash sighed as he replied, “Wait a little longer then if needed send a runner on recon. If something happened to them we need to know wha-…”
As General Dash looked around the room, he spotted Cirrus on the side as his expression showed that he wasn’t happy to see him. With that, General Dash turned away from the other ponies in the meeting as he looked at Cirrus and spoke with an unamused tone, “Cirrus…”
Cirrus gave him an unamused look back, “Dash…”
General Dash replied, “I didn’t expect to ever see you here again.”
Cirrus nodded his head, “I never expected to see you as General of the Rebellion.”
Dash nodded, “Well with General Rich gone, somepony had to take his place. And we all know that you wouldn’t, even if we asked.”
With that said, the two stared each other down in a tension filled silence as Zine looked at Gem Stone, “Um… did I black out again? Or am I missing something?”

Noticing the confusion, Cirrus explained, “Back when we were colts, Dash and I used to be friends, that is until-”
“you abandoned us.”
Hearing Dash’s interruption Cirrus replied, “My parents died.”
“Yea… then you abandoned us.”
Cirrus became annoyed, “I saw what the world was and I made my choice to avoid the problem.”
Dash continued, “Yea… by abandoning us!”
Giving in, Cirrus sighed, “yea, I abandoned you.”

Smiling with pride Dash replied, “Good… that’s all I wanted to hear.”
Gem Stone gave Dash a look of pity as she spoke to Zine, “wow… he’s almost as bad as you in the ego department.”
Both Zine and Dash looked at Gem Stone and spoke at the same time, “I resent that!”
With that General Dash looked at Butterscotch as he spoke in an annoyed tone, “Um… Lieutenant Pie? Why are they here in our meeting room? Didn’t you once consider that they could be spies for Thundaga?”

Butterscotch shook his head and replied with a carefree, “nope.”
Annoyed by the lack of explanation Dash continued “and why not?”
The smiling stallion replied in a confident tone, “Well, Cirrus is a fugitive of Thundaga and he knew the password. And Zine is neutral and has been here before.”
Dash continued, “And what about this mare! We don’t even know who she is!”
Butterscotch shook his head, “Well that was true, but then she told me here name, so now we know. So since I know who she is now it didn’t seem bad letting her in since she was with Cirrus.”

The large earth pony spoke, up, “Can’t go arguin’ with logic like that.”
Dash looked at the stallion that spoke, “Can it Barrel!” he looked back at Butterscotch, “Just because you know her name doesn’t meant that she is harmless! She could still be a spy for Thundaga! Who is she anyway?”
Gem spoke up, “my name is Captain Gem Stone. I’m Commander Halo’s officer.”
Dash was skeptic, “Commander Halo?... wait a sec… Gem Stone? You’re the one that started the mess in Canterlot yesterday aren’t you? Both of you. It’s because of you two that we are facing this problem as of late.”
Cirrus was confused, “problem? What are you talking about?”
Another pony in the meeting spoke up, “Since you two attacked Thundaga, Canterlot’s been put in a form of sub-lockdown. Anypony entering or exiting are searched thoroughly and anypony carrying anything she doesn’t like, are imprisoned or executed. Although so far, we’ve yet to see anypony imprisoned.”

Cirrus as shocked, “what?... but… why?”
Dash sighed in hopelessness, “isn’t it obvious? You attacked her and showed that her life is more vulnerable then she expected. So, she beefed up security in hopes of making it harder for anypony to get to her. In other words, you made our goal, that much harder. Not to mention slapping you and your captain with a banishment order, and an arrest warrant for Zine. Now she won’t stop it nothing to see all three of you on her execution platform. Not to mention myself and every pony in this room.”
Cirrus sighed, “Then… we have to act fast.”
Dash was confused, “we?...”
Cirrus gave him a serious look, “General Dash, we are here to request some help in a counter attack on Thundaga. We request that you and your army can give us aid in attacking Thundaga.”
Dash was unamused, “you want me… to have my army help you take down Thundaga?”
Cirrus nodded his head, “yes, Gem Stone got close enough to face her and still survived unscathed. I think with your help we can force our way in and take her down once and for all.”

Placing his focus on the word unscathed, General Dash looked at Gem Stone an noticed the healing cut on her face as she saw what he was looking at and spoke, “It’s um… just a flesh wound.”
Replying with a hopeless stare, General Dash spoke, “right… sure it is…” he looked back at Cirrus, “you came all the way here, with the intent on having the rebellion help you fight back at Thundaga?”
Cirrus nodded his head, “I know we have our differences… but yes. With your help, we can make this kingdom peaceful.”
Dash started to smile as he replied, “in all this time… I never expected you, the son of the rebellion’s founder to come here asking for help to take down Thundaga. So with that…”
His smile faded, “my answer is no.”
Leaving no explanation, General Dash turned back to the meeting as Cirrus replied in shock, “no?… but, why not?”
Dash replied with an angry tone, “You think that the rebellion is your personal scapegoat? Please, we have better things to do then to support a crazy zebra quack, an unknown mare with what rumors say is an identity issue, and a wishy-washy colt who abandoned what his parents gave their lives for. Now if you will excuse me, I have a meeting to attend and you aren’t welcome here. Lieutenant Pie, show them to the door and get them out of the hideout. They don’t belong here.”

Before Butterscotch could confirm his instruction Cirrus stepped forward, “You know the name Mr. Toll don’t you?”
Replying only with a look of intrigue, Dash held his silence as Cirrus continued, “Before he died, he told me that if I ever needed a place to stay, that this place would welcome me with a home and possible employment. As you know, I and my soldiers here are fugitives. So… here I am, wanting a place to stay. Mr. Toll was really your General Rich right?… then his last order should still stand.”
Worried that he would look bad in front of his troops, General Dash sighed, “Fine… if you want a place to stay, then the rebellion will honor General Rich’s last request.” He looked at a pony in the meeting, “Apple barrel, Find Commander Halo and his officers a vacant room with three beds.”
Both Gem and Cirrus were surprised as the large earth pony with the southern accent stood up, “sure thing sir. I'll make sure they are taken care of.”
Still a little surprised as who was trotting towards him Cirrus spoke, “A-Apple Barrel?”
The large pony smile, “Good to see ya again sprout, it’s been a while, you know bein’ dead and all. But I'll explain it on the way. Let’s get movin’ while the room’s still vacant.”

With that, Apple Barrel led Cirrus Zine and Gem Stone out the door as the trio followed closely. Having left the tension filled room, Cirrus asked as they trotted, “What happened Apple Barrel? We thought you were dead?”
Apple Barrel smiled, “Everypony thought that, but thanks to Zine here. I’m alive and kickin’.”
Zine smiled in a lack of modesty as Gem gave him an angry look, “Did you bring another pony back from the dead without telling me! We share a life you know, I would like to know if I have to worry about another pony dying and taking us with him!”
Apple Barrel gave Gem a confused look, “well… I don’t know nothin’ about anypony being brought back from the dead. Zine just helped me fake my death is all. He used some dream replacin’ mumbo jumbo to make the executioner think he killed me out of anger the night before. So when it went up that I was no-more, everypony just assumed I was executed as planned. After all, nopony is gonna worry bout a doomed prisoner dyin’ the day before his execution, it’s like filling a water bucket the day before a rain storm. Bucket’s still filled, don’t matter how?”

Cirrus was still confused, “but… your ranch? It just… died.”
Apple Barrel replied with a disappointed tone, “Yea, a dead colt can’t grow apples. And I do miss the groves, but it ain’t so bad. I found ways to still grow apples down here. It ain’t much, but it keeps me fed, and keeps spirits up down here. Nothin’ like a good day’s work to drown the sadness of the day away.”
Cirrus nodded his head as he replied, “well… it’s good to see you either way. I remember when Dash and I would always come by to play in your groves.”
Apple Barrel smiled, “yea I remember that. I also remember you two sprouts helpin’ out during harvest season in return for some of ma’s apple pies too. Darn shame she was caught not long after your parents. They were such good folk.”
Cirrus sighed, “Yea… too bad Dash and I aren’t as good friends as we were back then.”
Apple Barrel gave Cirrus a stern look, “Now don’t ya go all sobby eyed on me. The General may be in a foul mood, but he still talks about ya. Heck not a month goes by without at least one complaint about how you left all those years ago. It ain’t much but it says he misses ya. Who knows, I’m willin’ to bet he might change his mind about helping ya real soon. After all, he is a descendant of loyalty.”

Cirrus smiled, “that from a descendant of honesty… that really cheers me up. Thanks Apple Barrel.”
Apple Barrel smiled, “Not a problem, to be honest I’m lookin’ forward to what the commander of the Third Party can do.” He looked forward at a room they were approaching, “welp, here ya go. It ain’t much, but it’s a warm bed and a roof over your head. If ya need anything feel free to holler.”
Not catching the comment about the Third Party, Cirrus replied with a nod as Zine smiled, “Well if you’re asking, I do need something to help me with a spell.”
Apple Barrel smiled, “sure thing. What are ya after?”
Zine smiled, “a manticore.”
All three ponies gave him a clueless look as Apple Barrel replied, “I… um… pardon?”
Zine replied casually, “yea, I need a manticore for a spell. And… it needs to be alive.”
The three continued giving Zine a confused look as Cirrus replied, “What in Thundaga’s graces are you going to do with a manticore?”
Zine replied, “I said I need it for a spell… besides, you’ve seen how they look at me, they are way too afraid for me to capture alive.” He looked at Apple Barrel, “you said if I need anything… and that’s what I need. A live manticore, caged preferably.”

Feeling uneasy with the request Apple Barrel replied, “I’ll um… see what I can do.”
With that Apple Barrel turned to trot away as Gem gave Zine an annoyed look, “making friends wherever you go aren’t you… see this is why I can’t take you anywhere. Why would you request something like that?”
Zine smiled sarcastically, “well he said anything, so I took him up on that offer. Besides, like it or not, we need that manticore for our goal.”
Cirrus asked, “Care to explain why?”
Zine shook his head, “a rather dangerous spell. Forbidden, so… no. just know that you will be on the safe side of it… so long as you don’t know about it.”
Gem Sighed, “So it’s just another dangerous spell to worry about right?”
Zine smiled with confidence, “Come now, when have I ever done anything to put you in danger?”
Cirrus and Gem Stone both raised their hooves to answer the question as Zine rephrased, “okay when have I knowingly put you in danger?”
Cirrus and Gem kept their hooves up and gave Zine a hopeless look as he sighed, “Well I didn’t kill either one of you yet so just know you have nothing to worry about.”
Both ponies kept their hopeless look as they both replied, “yet?...”

Back in the meeting room, General Dash continued talking with the other ponies in the room as the door opened again with Butterscotch and Madam Melody entering. As soon as he saw them General Dash became annoyed, “Really Lieutenant?”
Butterscotch shrugged his shoulders, “hey, friends don’t let friends wait outside, besides I can’t help it if you’re this popular today.”
With that, Madam Melody spoke up, “Bonjour General… I came to see how you vere villing to handle ze situation in Canterlot? I understand zings arn’t going so vell?”
General Dash replied with an annoyed tone, “It’s a matter in the rebellion’s hooves. As I recall you’re not a member of the rebellion anymore since you defected to the Third Party.”
Madam Melody shook her head, “On ze contrary, zis matter now falls under everypony in Equestria.”
General Dash was curious, “how do you mean?”
Madam Melody replied, “Zis morning seven of you troops tried to enter Canterlot did zay not?”
Dash nodded his head, “They did, do you know what happened to them?”
Madam Melody nodded her head, “Oui, zey vere executed at ze gate.”

Hearing this, General Dash sighed, “oh… I was worried this would happened. But that doesn’t explain how it involves the Third Party.”
Madam Melody nodded her head, “it involves us, because seven rebellion ponies ver killed, however tventy-two, civilians died as vell.”
Dash was concerned, “Civilians?... you mean, none combatants?”
Madam Melody nodded, “Oui, ponies zat had nozing to do vith ze rebellion, or ze Zerd Party.”
Dash became angry, “She’s targeting civilians now?”
“Intentionally? No… However to her ze line between friend and foe has become, how you say… blurry. Zis has made all of Equestria dangerous to both soldiers and civilian. A problem for boz of us?”
Dash sighed in agreement, “yes… and it can cause more problems than solutions too. So what does the Third Party intend to do?”
Madam Melody sighed, “Vell, first zing is first. Ve must locate ze commander. Zen ve c-”
Dash interrupted, “Cirrus?... he’s here.”
Madam Melody gave him a look of shock, “Qu'est-ce que c'est?”
General Dash nodded his head, “I don’t know what that means but yes he is here. I just had Apple Barrel show him to a room, it would seem he needed a place to stay for a while.”

Madam Melody was surprised, “Vell zat explains ze dragon at ze entrance. Vas… he aright?”
Dash nodded his head, “Cirrus? Yea he was fine. His officer was a little battered but considering who they went up against, bumps and bruises are a godsend. They arrived here a few minutes ago requesting help in a counter attack against Thundaga. Sadly, I feel it’s in my soldiers’ best interest to have nothing to do with him. Besides, now that you’re here you can contact the rest of the Third Party and have them come help.”
Madam Melody nodded, “Agreed, ve vill assemble zem at vonce. It may take a couple of days but zey vill be happy to finally meet him.”
Dash nodded his head, “Sounds fair enough, so what will you do once they get here?”
Madam Melody smiled, “Who knows, it vill depend on vhat ze commander says. After all, ze Zird Party are his soldiers, and zey vill follow all orders of zere commander.”