• Published 18th Apr 2016
  • 1,111 Views, 62 Comments

Blood Curse Hunters - Rarity Belle



The rise of vamponies and lycans issued the Night Guard's return by Luna's command. Time came and went for Rarity, but everything's about to change. Old friends turn to new enemies and family into adversaries. Hell's knocking, banging on the door.

  • ...
4
 62
 1,111

Chapter 9

The answers that the ivory mare gave him were everything but those that he desired. The stallion let out a deep growl in response and then turned away from her. His hooves brought him all over the throne room without actual aim. He was just wandering about, trying to see if the situation could be saved in any form whatsoever. Though the bleak and grim case in which he had worked himself was everything but good. Hundreds of different thoughts still soared through him.

Rarity had managed to crawl her way out of the wall. She fell down to the ground at first where her wings uncurled and splayed out on the floor. She groaned a bit but then her hooves hoisted her back up. The pain that soared through her body would have gone over quick, but there was something else about that stallion. Something had caught her attention about him and she had to know more. Something about his entire being gave it away to her.

While Rarity just stood there, she caught Trixie in the corner of her eye, who also just stood there. Her thrall, her slave, just stood there near the entrance, letting such a being enter without even stopping it. Punishment would have been dealt to her at a later time. First things had to be done first of course. Rarity would have rid herself from the other vampony. His company was about the last thing that she had desired in the moment.

Everything would have gone to hell if they continued on like that, but his trotting over the floor went without a sound. No weight was pressed down on the tiles but Rarity had enough of him. Her wings curled back around her body while the horn began to shine with its blue aura. She could have cast so many spells already to him, but there was a silent thought that made her stop doing everything she desired. Time would have decided whether or not she gave him a kick out of her home.

With her fangs laid bare, Rarity growled to the stallion, whose attention shifted over to her. The only sounds that he made were just a couple of quiet groans and hums. She was nothing compared to him. She was just a foal thrust into vampirism with no true clarity as to what monsters they could have been. And yet, there was also something strange about her. Something that managed to draw him to her.

He had to admit that he had a hard time to keep his eyes off of such a wonderful looking mare. That was the curse of the mares who turned vampony, they would have become irresistible for any that would see them. But he ceased his wandering through the throne room and had another gander at her appearance. In the light of the arcane aura, she was a true beauty, but her posture screamed murderess. No doubt that she had killed before, no doubt that she would have done it again in a heartbeat.

But the silence that managed to maintain the two of them was just dreadful, two titans in their own right were battling it out in complete and utter silence. Neither of them fell back to their primal state in order to establish some sort of dominance. Trixie was terrified of what would happen next of course. Anything could have gone wrong for them, anything could have happened between the two of them. Trixie had in silence already been preparing for the worst yet still held a shimmer of hope for the best. How long, before the spells should have been cast?

Rarity’s sapphire blue eyes had returned for the world to see. The kick against the wall had caused the red rims to disappear. The lady she once was had returned to her mind. She just stood there, ready to cast any spell she wanted. She wanted the he spoke his words first though. An answer for an answer, that would have been the way their game would be played.

The stallion only released a single chuckle before he nodded. He knew what she wanted, and he would have delivered it. After all, it was him who had broken in and entered the home of such a lovely appealing mare. What harm could have been done by going first? She was just a pretty face that denied queenhood for some reason. What threat could she have ever formed to him? A grimace came to his face before nodding to her silent demands.

With a couple steps had he come closer to her, arrived in the light of the aura and revealed himself as a stallion with a black coat. Instead of having red eyes, he bore striking, soft green eyes. His face emitted kindness and care, a complete turn from what Rarity had seen before. The revelation of the stallion even caused her to stagger back a bit.

Then the cloak would have lifted up by a pair of wings. He was a pegasus! A pegasus with a striking black coat but silver colored hooves. The marks of burn were clearly visible just above them. Perhaps it was punishment from ages ago? Perhaps he had made a mistake? So many factors were there, but Rarity hadn’t even the foggiest which one was the right one. “So you claim, that vamponies have been living without a queen or king, for over a year? Feels like a heartbeat for me,” he said to her with a deep voice. His voice was weary, old even. He wasn’t a creation that had come in the past five years at least, that much was already certain. “And here I thought that you had followed Shiva in her hoofsteps. A pretty face like yourself, could have gotten everything she desired.”

Rarity growled to him because of the comment and made a step closer. “Call me that again, and you will just how dangerous this pretty face can get, understood?”

The pegasus just let out a dried chuckle and he nodded. The warning had been received well by him, that was all she cared about. “Shiva was a good queen, ruthless in some aspects, yes. I won’t deny those words at all. But she also had something different about her. Do tell me, when you were still alive, how many times did the ‘princesses’ of the land interfered with your daily life? How many times did they gave you silent directions. How free, were you?”

There had the stallion managed to corner Rarity. When the unicorn began to think about all of the things that he said to her, she only discovered that he was right. In one strange sense of the word, every single decision ever made in Equestria was thanks to the princesses themselves. It was weird to admit to him, but he was right.

A gentle smirk from his lips confirmed that very idea. He was right and he knew it. Yet Rarity had never even considered those very facts to begin with. Something about him was dangerous. Something about him was elusive even. Something about him, felt strangely good and comforting.

“No need to answer that, I can see it in your eyes that you understand my words. But Shiva never really did such things. She allowed the vamponies to live their own lives during her reign, which is why so few even noticed that she was gone. Now just imagine, what would happen to all of them when they would be united under a single banner? An unstoppable force that could rav-”

“Shut it, right, there,” commented Rarity with a snarl. She saw where he was going with his words, but she wouldn’t have any of that, not while she was alive at least. No, his words spoke of her becoming queen again. If she would have ascended again to the throne with powers beyond her capabilities, Equestria would have become hers and then, what? What would she have done? A dangerous future would be carved out for the entire land. No, she wouldn’t have any of that. Not now, not ever. “I stepped down from the crown because reasons that are of no concern to you. I won’t make decisions that will destroy this entire nation. Vamponies live under their own jurisdiction. They make a mess, they clean it up themselves or simply, die.”

It was just that simple in her mind. That was the very same way in which she had been dealing with the whole situation from the start even. That, was the best way for her to do what she had to do. Rarity’s eyes gave a sharper look to him, confirming her thoughts.

The stallion took a step or two back, nodding to her in return. Rarity wouldn’t have been interested in whatever he could have offered her. All except one thing, perhaps.

~~~~

Rarity glanced passed his body and noticed how Trixie had left the doorway. Wherever her thrall had gone off too was impossible to say, but the unicorn was glad that Trixie wouldn’t get to see what came next. The danger was still far from over and she would have done everything to get rid of him. But a strange power continued to pull her back to him. She could have cursed that stallion all the way to Tartarus and perhaps even back.

But one little thing still remained unknown for her though. One little thing that was of particular interest to her. One simple thing, that she wanted to know perhaps more than anything else in the moment. So with a glance of determination did her wings uncurl and spread outward. Her imposing posture wouldn’t have done anything for him though. “So, do tell me, what is your name?” Rarity asked of him, both calm and collected. Though while she asked it, she also realized that she hadn’t even given her own.

The cloak was removed from the stallion’s body altogether and thrown aside, revealing the entirety of his broad body posture. Which meant that next to his facial appearances, he could also have held himself in a fight. Rarity’s plan of attack just turned out for the worst. If he decided to charge at her, all her magic had to be at her side in the hope she would survive.

Then he did something that she never had expected a stallion like him to do, he made a gentle bow before her. A gentle bow that showed his respect to her moment before the words would come. “The name, is Gust, and I am at your service, ma’am,” was all that he said to her.

Rarity had never liked it when somepony would be at her service. She had always preferred it the other way around by nature. She couldn’t have done anything against it and she just had to live with the facts as they were. Something about the entire situation had shifted in essence. A threat had become an opportunity, one of which the unicorn would take a great advantage of.

Would she have trusted him though? Absolutely not. He had just barged in like he did and spoke a couple of pretty words to her. What and why would a stallion of his age have done that in the first place? Rarity huffed in silence before she would start digging. Information was valuable to her and he was an anomaly in her world. She would have come to know what his secrets are, hoping to get something worthwhile out of it all of course.

“So do tell me then, Gust, what is the reason that you came all the way from your little hidey hole somewhere in this land and came to here? What are your intentions, while you’re under my service?” Rarity asked with a blunt voice. There was no other way for her to have tackled the entire situation. She huffed again when the arcane power around her horn would have increased.

The stallion gave her a toothless smirk before he nodded calm. Gust would have spilled his secrets to her, secrets that perhaps weren’t as secret as she thought. “The reason is because I felt a shift in a balance. Something has been knocked out of scale and that very something, is what I wanted to discover. But now I’ve been here, seen what happened and now I know, that the previous queen has perished, we’re on our own. That was all I came here for.”

The story was certainly believable, Rarity had to admit that to herself. But Gust’s words also had a certain ring to them. A ring of which she couldn’t make anything out of. Did he mean his words, or did he just toy with her mind again? Who was to say that he didn’t try to get her in his might as well? Who could have countered him, if Rarity stood at his command? It were all doom-scenarios of course, but they were all a possibility for the unicorn.

Still, if he indeed offered his service to her, perhaps the chance should be taken and hoped to pack out well. Who would have come to argue with her? He as an older vampony, he could have taught her so much about everything, more than Trixie would have at least. But at the other end, what prevented her from throwing him in the dungeon by the others? What prevented her from slaughtering Gust where he stood?

The fact that he hadn’t challenged her or pushed her buttons yet. Gust was both calm and collected around Rarity, awaiting her moves before he made his own. Rarity could appreciate that, it made the discussion just so much more interesting for the both of them. Perhaps, she would have continued to listen to him for a little while longer. What harm could have been found in that?