• Published 13th Apr 2016
  • 4,402 Views, 59 Comments

A New World, Several New Ideas - cyberlord4444



When Grey woke up as a Metagross in another world, he started doing what he did best, creating.

  • ...
7
 59
 4,402

Chapter 5

"Are you crazy!?" Ferria shouted.

Grey and Flux had already informed Lord Gimli of their intention to visit Arceus, and Ferria wanted to come along. However, the problem was Grey's desired method of travel, Magnet Rise.

"Back home Pokemon were used for transportation all the time," Grey replied.

"Yeah, Flying types," Flux interjected, "not to mention the fact that you only learned that move yesterday."

"Name one good reason we can't just take the train."

"Because in my professional opinion as someone who builds trains for a living, it's crap."

"I am unable to argue with that," Flux added.

"It's top speed is a mere 45 mph, it can only haul about a dozen loaded cars, and on top of that, it looks like an apprentice's first solo project."

"Maybe, but couldn't we walk or something?"

"Sure, if you wanted to take 5 weeks instead of 5 days," Flux scoffed, "although to be honest, I wouldn't mind trying out one of those airship things."

"Um... those are kinda expensive," Ferria said. Grey and Flux shared a glance, contrary to popular culture, they weren't completely inept in matters of social cues.

"Well then, I guess we're flying then," Grey said as he knelt down for Flux and Ferria to get on his back. As Grey lifted into the air, Flux pulled out a borrowed map and compass, and Ferria whimpered slightly.


(A week later)

"Looks like we're here," Flux said as they approached a small town.

"Where exactly is here if I may ask?" Grey said as he lined up to land.

"Ponyville, borders the Everfree forest, maybe we should get a snack before we head out."

"Sounds like a plan," Grey said as he landed. As soon as he touched down Ferria jumped down and started taking deep breaths. "You know, you didn't need to come."

"I said I'd come, and a Forgeburn always does what they say they'll do," Ferria replied.

"Fair enough, and are you ever getting down?" Grey asked Flux, who was still on his head.

"You used to let me ride around on your head all the time when I was a Pichu until I got too big," Flux retorted, "I'm collecting on my interest."

Grey sighed as he looked around for somewhere to grab a bite to eat. After a few seconds, he spotted a place that looked like a functional gingerbread house. "What do you think?"

Flux gave the air a sniff, "There are various aromas of chocolate coming from that direction, let's go." As they arrived, they ran into a small hiccup.

Grey sighed as he handed Flux the bag of bits they were granted with their home, "No way am I getting through that door, grab me my usual?"

Flux nodded as he and Ferria entered. Behind the counter was a blue pony with a pink mane. "What can I get ya dearies?" she asked with a slight bit of hesitation in her voice.

Flux, unsure if the connection would carry over, relayed his and Grey's orders to Ferria, "I'll have a parfait, my friend here will have a double chocolate donut, and a coffee and honey crueler for our friend outside, to go please."

The mare nodded as Flux handed her a few coins. A few minutes later, they were walking towards the Everfree enjoying their purchases, mostly anyway.

"Why is it that the same place that serves the best crueler I've ever had only has above average coffee?"

"Why is it that you can never be happy with whatever kind of coffee you get?" Ferria asked as she munched on her parfait.

"Because you've never had the real good stuff," Flux replied,"trust me, until you've had hand pressed Alola beans run through Grey's custom rig, you haven't had good coffee."

Grey just chuckled, "I'm not that good, that place in Coumarine City was excellent though." As they reached the edge of the forest, they stopped, "So, through here right?"

"I guess," Ferria said.

"Let's get on with it then," Grey replied before hey headed in. After a while, they found themselves in front of a ruined looking castle.

"Wow, this place has held up pretty well," Flux commented.

Grey nodded in agreement. Before they left, they noticed a Lampent exiting that looked a bit familiar. Their suspicions were confirmed when it pulled out a hollowed out berry shell and started sipping from it.

"Shine!" Grey and Flux called out, causing her to jump.

"Flux, is that you? Man, I thought I'd never see you again after Arceus' little stunt. And Grey, you're a Metagross now? Suits ya, you were always pretty clever for a human."

"Good to see you too Shine," Grey chuckled, "see you're keeping your flame fueled."

"Oh this?" Shine said as she lifted her cup, "a local Shuckle managed to hook me up with some Chesto Berry Juice. It's got nothing on that Bluk Chardonnay from Kalos, you know the one, but it's not too bad, enough alcohol content to keep me glowing."

"Glad to hear it, anything interesting happen?"

"Nothing much, a local Gengar thought to turn this place into a kind of hostel for us Ghost types. They're all pretty nice, except for this one Cofagrigus in the basement who's still sleeping, but I think that a cute little Shuppet I met was gonna wake it up."

"Glad to see you were doing well," Grey said before connecting her to the link, "Ferria, meet my old friend Shine, Shine, meet my new friend Ferria."

"Hello!"

"Hi," Ferria replied.

"So, there a reason you guys or out here, or was it just to visit little old me?"

"We're off to visit Arceus to try and get our stuff back," Flux answered.

"You mean Grey's coffee maker right?"

Grey pouted as the others laughed. "Let's just get going shall we?"

"Just a sec," Shine said before turning back to the castle, "Hey Gengar! See ya!"

Out of the shadows a Gengar materialized, "Very well Shine, though Drifloon's gonna miss you."

"I'll miss that little cutie too," Shine grinned, "keep the little ones out of trouble."

"Will do," Gengar replied.

As they turned to leave, Flux noticed that Ferria wasn't moving. As he went to poke her, she fell over. Flux just sighed as he waved Grey over, some people just couldn't handle Ghost types.

Author's Note:

Next chapter, legedaries and a cameo