• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 437 Views, 4 Comments

The Boutique Shop On Canterlot - Skye Mist



Fours sins left... a fashionista seamstress is the talk of Canterlot. Nopony suspects her of anything. But a sin she embodies, like the two before her.

  • ...
 4
 437

Who Was That Girl Standing Next to You...

Author's Note:

For those who aren't Vocaloid fans, you might want to watch the video as well. I couldn't find a English dub of the second one.


"Thank you, Miss Rarity!"

A unicorn with a white coat and gentle blue eyes smiled. "It was no problem, dear. Come again!"

"I will!"

Rarity glanced at the clock. She blinked in surprise.

"Six o'clock already? Well, I guess it's time to close up shop."

She levitated her saddlebag to her and checked to see if she had everything. "Hmm..."

Looking up, she darted her eyes around, searching for something. Her eyes lit up as she found her sewing needle and scissors.

"Ah-ha! Now I'm ready."


Rarity walked down Main Street and was about to turn onto Carousel Avenue when she spotted something, or rather somepony, at the corner of Main Street.

Fancy Pants, her lover.

"Oh?"

She saw him talking to a lithe, pale-pink mare in a glimmering red dress. Rarity puffed out her cheeks.

'Talking to other mare's behind my back?! Why do you get along with her so well? Perhaps it's the dress...?'

Rarity turned tail and left Main Street.

She had work to do.


The next day, Rarity walked down the street in a glimmering red dress. As expected, it attracted the attention of many stallions, but she was looking for only one stallion: her stallion.

'Red isn't really my color, but if you like that type of mare, so be it.'

She noticed many of the ponies were on edge; she did seem to recall the newspaper say something about a crime and whatnot.

Then, she spotted him at the bridge with a young mare. He seemed... depressed, and the cream coated mare with a tri-color hairclip was comforting him.

Rarity narrowed her eyes. 'So she's the one you really like, not the other mare? Well then, that hairclip does look pretty...'

She began to walk away.

She had work to do.


With a new accessory in her hair, Rarity walked down the street. Ponies that she walked by seemed warier than the day before. Seemed another crime had happened.

Rarity looked around, then spotted Fancy Pants outside a jewelry shop. With a little silver-maned filly.

Her eye involuntarily twitched as she saw him give the grey filly a pearl necklace.

'Fillies too?! You are truly a vile stallion, Fancy!'

With a huff of disdain, she turned and left.

She had work to do.


Rarity grinned ear to ear. She was finally done! She levitated her sewing scissors to put into her saddlebag. She stopped short of doing so and squinted at them instead.

'Hmm... I don't recall my scissors being this color... Oh well.'

She dropped them into her bag as she headed out the door.

A glimmering red dress? Check.

A tri-colored hairclip? Check.

A pearl necklace? Check.

She'd finally become the perfect mare for Fancy. Stopping at Main Street, the bridge, and the jewelry store, she looked for Fancy Pants. Seeing him at none of the places, she pursed her lips. In fact, there were barely anypony out and about.

'Well, if you're not going to come to me, then I'll just come to you!'


Rarity walked down Main Street once more, but this time, she didn't wear anything. She nearly bumped into a jittery pony along the way. Saying her apologies, she went onward.

'Wonder what has everypony in such chaos?' She then remembered an article she'd read about that morning. 'Of course, a family's been slaughtered. Picked off one by one...'

Her thoughts turned to Fancy Pants. 'Brute. "Hello, it's so nice to meet you." Why didn't recognize me?! Am I simply a stranger to him?!'

She remembered crying herself to sleep in the last three days. Because of his actions.

Well, Sassy wasn't going to manage the shop alone. Rarity sighed and headed to her boutique.


Months later...

In Canterlot, a traveler had appeared in town. She was a stage magician, a free spirit.

When she reached the top of a hillside within the city, though, her eyes widened in horror. The head of a white unicorn rested a cage for all to see.

Backing away, the magician went back to the crowded streets feeling sick. She asked the citizens, "Who's head is in the cage atop the hill? And why?"

Everypony she asked answered, "That mare was once the best seamstress in Canterlot. However, she was a great sinner. Using her scissors, she murdered an entire family."

Nopony knew why she did it.

The next day, she went to the hill again. When she reached the top, she saw a lone filly there. The filly's lime green eyes were on the head of the unicorn as a breeze blew her light-pink and purple curls.

She asked the filly, "Do you know who did this?"

The filly turned to her. "Yes." She said solemnly. "I did."

Tears began to form in her eyes, and a few stained her white coat. "I had to kill my own sister... Yes, she was sinful, but she was pitiful. All she wanted was love..."

The magician felt sorry for the filly. She couldn't imagine killing her own family, let alone if she was only a foal. She took her cloak off and placed it around the filly's shoulders with her magic.

And the both of them sat there atop the hill, sending prayers to the soul of the mare who'll never make dresses or wear them again.

For what purpose is it when their is no body?