• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 22,332 Views, 13,302 Comments

Three More Things! - Tatsurou



Uncle Chan tries to balance running an antique shop, fighting demons, and being a Chi Wizard with being a loving Uncle to his nephew, his somewhat removed niece...and three little ponies who drive him straight up the wall.

  • ...
54
 13,302
 22,332

PreviousChapters Next
Final Thoughts

Jackie slowly sat up after the flash of the Talisman, rubbing his head. The headache was annoying, but his heart felt unburdened for the first time in as long as he could remember. There was no rage to hold back, no pain always lurking at the corners of his memories. He felt...cleansed. Was this the power of the Tiger Talisman? To bring him into balance with himself? If so, perhaps he should hold onto it-

No, he had to be responsible. He shook his head to clear it, and noticed his reflection. Hardened from experience he looked, but he didn't seem upset with himself. He really should talk with Uncle about this Talisman. If it could help him so much...

His thoughts drew his eyes to the Talisman...to the half Talisman in his hand. "Wah!" he cried out...his voice oddly echoing, but that could be focused on later. The more important issue was, "Where's the other half?" He quickly began to search for it, fearing what might happen. If even half the Talisman could do this, what would happen with the whole thing? And what would the other half do, if this half meant calming his heart? If it was Balance, would the other half cause the carrier's heart to be in turmoil?

His thoughts raced as he struggled to find answers and the half Talisman, but a squish under his foot drew his attention. When he saw what had happened, pain shot through his heart. He had killed! He had taken life! What had he become?

Tears in his eyes, he raced for Uncle as he had since he was a child, desperate for comfort. Tears poured down his cheeks as he cried out to his caretaker, his protector, his guardian, his friend, "Uncle!"

Uncle quickly got up from his research to see to Jackie, as he always had. "What is it?" he asked worriedly.

"I stepped on a bug!" Jackie wailed out, knowing Uncle would find a way to make it all better. He wasn't sure why Uncle was staring at him oddly.


Jackie slowly sat up after that irritating flash of light, rubbing his head. Other than the pain, his head felt the clearest it had in years. Each thought came clearly and precisely, without hesitation or worry. There were no doubts making him question, nor any need to question. Each thought had a sense of rightness with it, of certainty. Was this the power of the Talisman, to cleanse his mind and bring balance to his thoughts? If so, he should keep it. This was useful.

Turning, he saw his reflection, clear of all doubt. This was definitely the better way. Definitely keeping this Talisman, and if anyone tried to take it from him, he could just break them. There was no reason not to.

He glanced down at the Talisman in his hand...the half Talisman in his hand. "Wah!" he cried out, not caring about the choral tone of his voice. "Where's the other half?" He went to go look for the missing half. After all, if one half had done this for him, what could both halves do? Besides, why should he share?

As he looked, he noticed the basket of candy on the counter. Eh, he'd probably search better after a snack. Besides, he liked candy. Walking right up to the counter without hesitation, he began to raid the basket for the best bits, his favorites from his childhood. They were as delicious as ever, so it wouldn't hurt anything to binge. It wasn't long before the basket was almost entirely empty of all but wrapping paper.

"Tea is ready, Uncle!" Jade called as she and the fillies exited the kitchen, pushing a small trolley with the tea tray on top. When they caught sight of Jackie, however, they froze.

Jackie shrugged as he tossed the last bit of candy into his mouth, chewing and swallowing. "Good," he commented idly, rubbing his belly.

"Jackie!" Jade wailed unhappily.

"That was our candy!" Scootaloo added her voice to the complaint.

"Not anymore," Jackie replied bluntly. Walking up, he idly ruffled Jade's hair and Apple Bloom's mane. "Got milk?"

Apple Bloom looked to be on the verge of tears. Sweetie Belle actually was crying.

Jackie tsked irritably. "Grow up," he grumbled as he made his way to the kitchen. If that was all it took to make the girls cry, then the outside world would eat them alive without their pendants. They needed to toughen up and quick. He couldn't solve all their problems after all. He headed for the fridge to grab the milk.


Uncle backed out of his study in confusion. Noticing Jade and the girls over by the kitchen, he called out to them. "What happened to Jackie? He is such a crybaby!" He figured they might know what was up, especially if magic was involved.

"He's such a jerk!" Jade snapped out, more anger and hostility in her voice than had been there since she had arrived as she and Scootaloo tried to comfort Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

Uncle blinked, wondering what the heck had gotten into the girls. "He is in the library, weeping all over my research!" he insisted, defending his point.

"No," Scootaloo corrected. "He's in the kitchen raiding...the fridge..." Her voice trailed off as she felt something odd in the wind of the shop.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle looked up as they wiped their eyes. Maybe things weren't how they seemed? "Jackie!" Apple Bloom called out at the top of her voice, hoping she'd find something to tell her that her beloved uncle hadn't taken her candy and then callously left her in tears without even an apology.

Jackie stepped out of the study, wiping tears from his eyes. Jackie also stepped out of the kitchen, chugging milk straight from the carton before lowering it.

"WHA!" Uncle, Jade, and all three fillies called out at the sight of two Jackies.

The Jackie drinking milk belched. The other Jackie turned, and both caught sight of each other. "Wah!" they cried out in stereo.

"Prepare for trouble," Audrey III sang out. "Make it double..."

PreviousChapters Next