• Published 12th Apr 2016
  • 22,260 Views, 13,301 Comments

Three More Things! - Tatsurou



Uncle Chan tries to balance running an antique shop, fighting demons, and being a Chi Wizard with being a loving Uncle to his nephew, his somewhat removed niece...and three little ponies who drive him straight up the wall.

  • ...
54
 13,301
 22,260

PreviousChapters Next
Wings Settling

Hsi Wu was somewhat unnerved that Audrey decided to follow him down the stairs, but was pretty certain the plant wouldn't attempt to eat him unless he broke his promise. As he had no intention of doing that, he did his best to ignore it as he raced down after the fillies and back into the chamber with the chest...where Jade had already lifted the lid, glowing runes marking the spatial binding spell she'd crafted. Hsi Wu could already see his tail bumping curiously against the wall of pure force that kept it from escaping, or even sensing his presence. "So how'd I do?" Jade asked eagerly.

"We're going to have to dock points because you opened the chest without letting us check the spell first," Scootaloo pointed out dryly.

"Aw, come on!" Jade complained bitterly.

"Potion mix seems good," Apple Bloom observed as she sniffed at the runes. "Nothin' unneeded mixed in, proportions about right..."

Sweetie's eyes glowed as she examined the magic. "Got the spell just right! Good job overall. It's safe for viewing, as long as no one touches the chest or spell wall."

"Why?" Jade asked curiously. "What happens if they do?"

"They'll leave fingerprints and we'll get in trouble," Scootaloo teased, causing all four girls to burst into giggles.

Hsi Wu approached carefully to get a good look at the tail. He seriously doubted fingerprints were a concern, but it did give him an excuse to not expose himself by touching good magic. It was still frustrating to see his tail so close but completely out of reach. After all, if he managed to acquire his tail through deception without causing any harm before the dance, one could assume the oath would be null and void. ...not that he'd break it even if it did work like that. He made a promise and he intended to keep it. He just loved finding loopholes too much not to try. "That is so cool," he murmured appreciatively to Jade, ready to start buttering her up towards friendship.

"I know, right?" Jade responded eagerly. After watching the tail wriggle around for a time, she closed the lid. "Pity there isn't really much else like that to show you..."

"Well, what do you do for fun around here?" Hsi Wu asked curiously, ready to start bonding.

"Feed me!" Audrey suddenly sang out.

Hsi Wu blinked. "Uh...what does he eat?"

"Feed me!"

"Just about anything," Scootaloo answered readily.

"Feed me!"

"But mostly the flesh of our enemies!" Sweetie Belle piped up happily, making Hsi Wu shiver slightly.

"Feed me, Seymour!" Audrey sang to Hsi Wu.

Apple Bloom turned a fisheye gaze Audrey's way. "Ya been waitin' a long time ta say that, ain't ya?"

Audrey shrugged, a huge grin on his bulb.

"How come you didn't make that joke when you met him upstairs?" Scootaloo asked curiously.

"If I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it right!" Audrey sang back.

"Wait, you took Seymour upstairs to introduce him to Audrey?" Jade demanded petulantly. "Geeze, girls, I expect that kind of thing from Jackie if I bring home a boyfriend! Don't you think that was a little overboard? What if you'd scared him away?"

"Then you could blame us for it, instead of getting depressed when he fled after getting to know you!" Sweetie Belle teased playfully.

"Why you!" Jade yelled, lunging for Sweetie as she raced up the stairs, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo quickly following. Not knowing what else to do, Hsi Wu followed along after them.

The path led up to the third floor, a chamber that still looked like it had grown rather than having been built. There was one large bed, an attached bathroom, a huge television, several game systems, bookshelves full of books, and an open chest full of games. Jade and Sweetie Belle were attacking each other with pillows when he got there.

Noticing his staring, Scootaloo grinned. "This is the guest room," she explained, "though we use it as the game room when we don't have a guest."

"Very nice," Hsi Wu purred as he looked around. Walking over to the chest, he looked through it until he spotted something he'd observed from within the Netherrealm, having always wanted to try it. "Can we play this?" he asked, pulling out the Dungeons and Dragons box set.

All four girls stopped and turned towards him. "Well, that does take a bit to set up..." Apple Bloom observed idly.

"Good reason for me to keep coming back?" Hsi Wu offered playfully.

"Let's see what you're made of!" Jade insisted as she grabbed the box and popped it open. "So who's dungeon master?"

"I'll do it!" Sweetie Belle insisted. "I've got the rules memorized."

"So what rules do you play by?" Hsi Wu asked as he flipped through the papers he was handed to make his character.

"We actually have our own set," Apple Bloom explained, pointed to a sheaf of documents. "We like to get creative."

Hsi Wu glanced through the rules packet before grinning. "I'm liking this 'Elementalist' class," he purred softly. "I can choose either to be a master of an element or be able to summon Elementals related to my level."

"Yeah, that's a fun one once it's leveled," Scootaloo agreed. "Especially the way we play. We don't stick to the core Elements. It's whatever Elements the DM says."

"So...does that mean I could summon Periodic Elementals?" Hsi Wu asked Sweetie Belle ingratiatingly.

"Science textbook stays in the backpack!" Sweetie snapped back, making the entire group laugh.

Once the characters were ready, Jade noticed something on the board. "What's this 'enhanced mode'?" she asked curiously, pointing to a labeled crystal embedded in the cardboard. "It's new."

"Let's find out!" Scootaloo declared eagerly, reaching over and twisting the crystal until it read '1 hour'.

The entire room blazed with light.


An hour later, the group popped back out of the game, looking somewhat breathless but all grinning ear to ear. "That...was...awesome!" Scootaloo squealed excitedly. "We actually became our characters inside the game world! We have to do that again next session!"

"Becoming the Dungeon Master is trippy," Sweetie Belle murmured thoughtfully as she rubbed her head. "It was like being everywhere and nowhere all at once..."

"Well, I think we've had enough of that for now," Jade murmured, putting the board away. "Time to veg out some. What do you want to watch, Seymour?"

Hsi Wu shook his head, resettling himself in his human body. "Well...actually, there's something Scootaloo mentioned earlier I was wondering about. What's a...sharknado?"

All four girls turned to stare at him. "Where have you been the past few years that you haven't heard of it?" Jade asked intently. "It's been all over SyFy and cable!"

Hsi Wu thought quickly. "I only just moved here, and I didn't have cable where I used to live."

"Damn, that sucks," Jade murmured sympathetically. She then grinned widely. "In that case, you're in for a treat!" Turning on the TV, she called up the movies in question.

Hsi Wu sat back, curious to see what human ingenuity had in store for him.

PreviousChapters Next