• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 1,993 Views, 16 Comments

Shinobi's in Equestria - TheDimensionRift



Inspired by: Equestrian Shinobi by DragonBoi65. (Shippuden Spoiler Alert!) Naruto Uzumaki finds himself in a strange new world which he doesn't recognize. Can he learn to adapt to this new world? And what is this evil presence he keeps sensing?

  • ...
8
 16
 1,993

Chapter: 3

Sasuke dug through several stacks of books that he had requested Pinkie Pie to retrieve for him, he had no knowledge of Equestria and one of the main things being a shinobi has taught him was to be familiar with your surroundings; one simple misunderstanding in a foreign land could easily mean the start of an unintended war, though it's not like the Uchiha were uninitiated with battle, they practically craved it. Sasuke however was different, he appeared calm and collective in most situations and never was one to fight a pointless battle. He analyzed every situation to form a winning formula nearly every time he has fought, that is of course when he doesn't allow his emotions to get the best of him; even mentioning Itachi's name in an undesirable tone could ignite his anger and send him into a malicious frenzy.

"There's not enough," Sasuke sighed with disappointment as he closed one of the books and stuffed it into a saddle bag which Rarity recognized as Twilight's. "Hey, you two, is there another library around here, someplace which would have more information?"

"What about the books here?" Rarity asked as she approached him still eyeing her friend's bag he still carried. "I thought they were what you wanted?"

"Please," Sasuke scoffed as he placed another book within the bag. "Most of the books here are a joke, their more like how-to guides then actual works of informational literature; Its like they were written for children. Is there another library around here, one which might be bigger than this one?"

"There's the Royal Library in Canterlot, I know it has way, way, waaaay more books than Twilight's library," Pinkie chimed in as she bounced toward the grinning earth pony.

"Canterlot? Is it close by?"

"Yup, its Equestria's capital, we can take a trian from here in Ponyville and be there in no time."

"Maybe your not as useless as I thought Pinkie," Sasuke said with a smug laugh as he watched her give him a salute while she continued to bounce around the library. Sasuke then eyed the unicorn in the room, "Rarity, can you take me there?"

"Hey! I'm the one who told you!" Pinkie protested as she stopped bouncing and crossed her hooves while pouting at Sasuke.

"That may be Pinkie, but your still annoying. I'm actually not sure how much more of you I can take."

"Why I ought to," Pinkie rolled up her arm as though she was rolling up a sleeve. She and Sasuke stepped forward ready to battle, thank Celestia Rarity was there to intervene.

"If, you wish to go to Canterlot, then I suggest we be on our way now," Rarity chimed in with a nervous laugh as she pulled her friend back to put some distance between the two ponies. "We can catch the train if we leave now," Rarity raised an brow at Sasuke, "That is unless you'd rather stay her bickering?"

Sasuke scoffed at the unicorn's question, "Whatever, let's go." Sasuke followed Rarity and Pinkie out of the door, with Pinkie making an I'm-keeping-an-eye-on-you gesture with her hoof. As they exited the library, a suspicious group of ponies followed carefully behind, trying their best to blend.


Twilight and Rainbow Dash watched, both their expressions frozen in a scene of shock with the pegasus having a grin mixed in. Naruto had just finished the last Cinnamon Bun on his plate, on the table before him lay plate upon plate of empty now dirty dishwear. He gave a belch of satisfactory as he leaned back in his chair and rubbed the small bulge on his stomach gently.

"He ordered everything," Twilight said in disbelief, "He ordered everything and he ate everything."

"He's got the appetite of a dragon," Spike commented with a laugh as he helped Mr. Cake remove the empty plates from Naruto's table. "He sure must have been hungry."

"I've never seen a pony other than Pinkie Pie eat THAT much food," Rainbow giggled as she hovered near the earth pony. "So, what do you think of Equestrian food?"

"It's no ramen from Ichiraku," Naruto gave another belch, this one louder than the earlier, he apologized and then continued. "But it was pretty good, though I don't think eating nothing but sweets is very healthy."

"Naruto!"

The earth pony quickly snapped out of his laugh with the pegasus as he heard a familiar voice beckon his name in a demanding tone, there was only one individual who would speak in such a tone.

"Oh, hey Kurama! You finally done napping?"

Rainbow Dash and Twilight just looked at Naruto in confusion, curious as to who he was talking to. "Dude, my names Rainbow Dash, we've been over this."

"Stop gorging yourself in pastries! Have you found out why we're here?"

Naruto closed his eyes, when he opened them, he found himself inside the space of his subconscious where his Jinchuriki partner awaited him; his usual glare was soon replaced by absolute shock as he stared down at the 'new' Naruto and his tiny form.

"What the hell has happened to your body? Is this some new transformation jutsu?"

"Are you nuts!? I'd never transform myself into a form like this by choice!" Naruto took a moment to look at himself in water below his hooves, gazing long at his reflection. "When we first got here, whenever that was, I woke up like this. I don't know what happened or how and I currently don't know how to change back."

"Hmmm, so that would explain why I felt a change in our chakra network when we first got here, I thought your body felt smaller, I guess this was the reason.

“Is that why I couldn’t make any Shadow Clones earlier then?”

Yes, as you already know, Chakra flows through your body just as blood does. Your Chakra Network is usually stable, however, your body is now smaller and because of this, Chakra control will be difficult for you. You have more chakra inside yourself than your new body would allow, meaning, if you try to perform any jutsu, you could end up releasing more chakra than is necessary; I shouldn’t have to remind you what happens if you run out of chakra.” Naruto swallowed hard, he knew what Kurama was referring to. In the ninja world, running out of chakra was like stopping your body from circulating blood and oxygen, in short; run out of chakra and your life would end. “That also means you can’t use my chakra so much either, since we can’t determine just yet how much to distribute, the results could be fatal.

“So what your saying is that I have to relearn chakra control ALL OVER AGAIN!?” Naruto face hoofed himself and let out a defeated sigh. “Great.”

Unless you can find a way to change back into your human form than—” the mighty Fox paused for a moment as he felt something, something which disturbed him. “Naruto, tell your friends to prepare themselves, something is coming this way.

“Yeah, I can feel it, in great numbers too, I have to go.”

Remember what I said, be careful if you perform any jutsu, especially your Shadow Clones.


“Helloooo? Equestria to Naruto?” Rainbow Dash waved a hoof in front of Naruto’s face, he was just talking moments before until he closed his eyes and sat in silence. “There’s no way he’s sleeping, right?”

“I don’t know,” Twilight began as she was examining the seated pony from every angle, trying to find the source of his odd paralysis. “I’ve never seen somepony just fall asleep like that, maybe he’s undergone a form of meditation.”

Just then, Naruto’s eyes s snapped open and his playful demeanor was changed to an expression of utmost sternness. “You guys, there’s something coming, I don’t know what it is, but it doesn’t feel good.”

“What the hay are you talking about?” Rainbow asked, she would have continued her questioning; but screams from outside of Sugar Cube Corner caused the three ponies along with Spike to rush outside. Outside, Ponyville was in a state of mass panic with several loud buzzing noises overhead. Flying around the small town was a large swarm of changelings, raiding homes and carrying away tools and books which they had taken from the library.

“Changelings!” Rainbow Dash growled as a group of the insect like creatures flew by.

“Change what?” Naruto exclaimed as he watched the creatures whizzing around the town.

“Their evil creatures that can change their appearance and feed on love.” Twilight shot a beam from her horn and shot a group of changelings out of the town. “We have to expel them from the town.”

“I got the one’s up here!” Rainbow said as she dashed off into the air.

“I’ll help anyway I can,” Naruto exclaimed as he ran beside Twilight. “I’ve been a little out of shape anyway, I could use a good workout.”

Twilight stopped as she gazed at the large amount of changelings that had flooded into the town and began to frighten the residents. Even the group she had launched out of Ponyville had returned and even appeared in greater numbers. “There’s too many of them! At this right….Ponyville will be—”

“Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Twilight looked over to see Naruto with his hooves clapped together, but she wasn’t just seeing one, she was staring at two identical earth ponies with the exact same features. ‘Damn it, I tried to focus my chakra and I was only able to make one clone, this is bad.

“Naruto—but what and how—?”

“I told ya before, I’m a shinobi who can perform ninjutsu and my Shadow Clone technique is one of the many jutsus I can do.” Naruto looked at Twilight who was frozen in disbelief at how he was able to perform such a feat. “I guess you could say it’s kinda like your magic and spells. I can usually make more in my original body, but I can’t make as many while I’m stuck like this.”

Original body?” Twilight asked as she was still frozen, without a moments notice, Twilight found herself being tackled to the ground by the earth pony. “What—what are you doing!?” Twilight stammered with a slight blush. Just then a changeling swooped by, it’s wings cutting the air of where Twilight’s head once was.

“That thing almost took your head off,” Naruto explained as he helped the young mare stand once more, he then looked to his clone and gave himself a nod. “Alright, it’s time to squash some bugs.”


Sasuke, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity all sat aboard an empty train coach; Sasuke with his hooves crossed and his eyes closed, Pinkie humming a tune and bounding around as she usually does, and Rarity sitting across from Sasuke staring at him intently. Sasuke’s eyes shot open which in turn caused Rarity to divert her gaze elsewhere and whistle a harmless tune. Sasuke looked around the coach and took notice of the time on a nearby clock, it was evident to him that the three of them have been waiting for the train to depart from the station for almost half an hour now and something inside of him told him something was up.

“Something’s not right,” Sasuke began as he hopped out of his seat. “We’ve been waiting for the train to take off for awhile now, furthermore, I haven’t seen a single passenger board this train other than us.”

“Maybe their just slow today,” Rarity pondered as she pulled out a mirror and began examining her features, mainly her hair. “Then again, something does seem quite odd.”

“Everypony, I think I know why we haven’t left yet,” Pinkie commented as she pulled on a string which controlled the blinds to the train window. When she did, numerous insect looking ponies were flying around the station, terrorizing innocent ponies. “We have a bit of a changeling infestation.”

“Changelings!?” Rarity gasped as she raised a hoof to her head to make a fainting gesture. “What are those disgusting, vile creatures doing her?”

“It kinda looks like their looking for something,” a terrified and screaming unicorn ran by the window as Pinkie watched. “And their scaring everypony in Ponyville.”

“If those things are eliminated, will we be able to go to Canterlot then?” Sasuke asked as he looked out the window by Rarity’s seat.

“I would imagine so, but I’m still wondering why—” Rarity stopped as she watched Sasuke run out of the train coach with her pink earth pony friend bouncing behind him.

“Yay! We’re off to save Ponyville!” Pinkie giggled as she followed out behind Sasuke. “Come on Rarity, it’ll be fun.” The pale unicorn let out a defeated sigh and then hopped out of her seat.

“Why can’t anypony be reasonable?”


The earth pony cowered in a corner of the train terminal as three ravenous looking changelings stalked the powerless creature, slowly approaching as they licked their muzzles.

“Mmm, I can taste her love already, it’s mouth watering,” one of the creatures spoke as they neared the frightened pony.

“Deformed hooves off!” one of the three snapped. “I saw her first so I get first dibs.”

“I’m the eldest here, so I say I get served first,” the third added. “Respect your elders, right?”

“Just cause you hatched a minute before we did doesn’t mean anything!”

“Enough!” the middle changeling snapped as he hit the other two on their heads. “Let’s just dig in while we can, this raid isn’t going to last forever, ya know.” The other two creatures nodded in agreement with the third, they then licked their muzzles once more as their sharp horns began to glow. Their dinner was interrupted abruptly by Sasuke who had appeared before the three; he delivered swift punches to the duo and a hard kick in the muzzle to the middle third. The changelings jumped back, due to both pain and shock.

“Th—thank you,” the frightened mare stammered as she shook. “Thank you so much.”

“What are you still doing here?” Sasuke asked, beginning to get aggravated with the scared pony. “Get out of here while you can!” The earth pony jumped at her rescuer’s sudden bark, but then realized it was safer elsewhere and ran off.

“Hey! You just cost us lunch, now your gonna get it!” one of the changelings growled as he and his two brothers recovered and now moved closer to Sasuke’s location. Sasuke’s natural response kicked in, triggering him to activate his sharingan; the changeling trio quickly took notic of this. "Wait a sec, those eyes and his weird clothes, are you Sasuke Uchiha?"

"Who wants to know?" the earth pony shot back with a glare.

"Your the one we're looking for, your coming with us!" The three changelings rushed Sasuke, when they did, there was a loud high pitched sound which rang through the air; the crescendo sounded like many birds chirping all at once.

"Chidori Stream!" Sasuke's body was quickly covered in lightning as he extended the attack all around him, causing his attackers to feel a surge of pain and then stop in their tracks.

"I--I can't move!"

"Me neither!"

"Me three!"

Now that his attackers were incapacitated, he quickly reached for the blade which rested behind him; taking the blade in mouth, he rushed forward to his targets and got ready to deliver the finishing blow, until a certain pink mare stood in his way. "Wait! Pinkie Pie cried as she stood between the changelings and Sasuke using herself as a shield. "You can't kill them!"

"Pinkie Pie get out of my way," Sasuke spoke with his katana between his gritted teeth. "If their a threat to this village than the natural thing to do is to destroy them, they're threatining the lives of everyone here."

"Is that how they do things where your from? That's horrible!"

"I'ts how I do things, if something or someone gets in my way I cut them down...it doesn't matter who." Sasuke sheathed his weapon once more quickly and pushed the mare out if the way of an incoming object; it grazed Pinkie's arm and became lodged in Sasuke's front foreleg as he raised it to protect himself. Pinkie took a look at the knife like weapon, but it wasn't like the kitchen knives she had seen before. "A kunai? What is this doing here?"

"Oh my gosh are you alright!?" Pinkie gasped with conscern as she watched the blood leak out from Sasuke's wound, he pulled out the blade and stifled a pained grunt in doing so. "Your bleeding."

"I'm fine, I've been through worse." Sasuke watched as the three changelings he had stopped before were gone and in their place stood a single changeling, this one of different color, it's shade slightly grayer and its eyes appeared to be glazed over and hollow; almost as if devoid of consciencesness. Two wooden coffins shot out of the earth next to the where the changeling stood, the lids fell open and out stepped two more changelings who looked exactly like the one already present. 'It can't be.......that's Orochimaru's Forbidden Reanimation Jutsu! But if those things are reanimations.....then that means...'

"What the heck! Are those things zombies or something!?" Pinkie cried out as she watched the three reanimations move forward slowly.

"As much as I hate to say this," Sasuke began as he stood next to the pink earth pony. "I'm going to need your help with these guys, they're not like the ones from earlier. We can’t just destroy them, we’ll have to seal them, but that doesn’t mean we should hold back. I’ll take the lead and you follow what I say, understood?”

“Okie, dokie, lokie.”


Naruto delivered another punch to a changeling’s muzzle, his clone followed up with Naruto taking him by the hoof and swinging him which gave his clone more power for his kick; sending the changeling flying back, but when one was defeated, more just came.

“Man, how many of these things are there?” Naruto asked as he panted like a tired dog who had been running all day. “I’m not sure how much more I can—” Naruto was interrupted by a high pitched screamed which he recognized as one of his new pony friends. “Rainbow Dash!” another screamed accompanied Rainbow’s which he recalled was Twilight. A large wave of changelings quickly washed over the earth pony, drowning him underneath the immense number of creatures. ‘Damn it! This is really bad!’ Naruto thought to himself as he felt his clone fade. ‘I….I can’t even—’.

“We almost have everything sir, we’re just waiting on the Canterlot team to give us the go. And what’s even better is that Sasuke Uchiha is currently in the process of being apprehended.” Naruto immediately derailed his train of thought at the mention of his friend’s name being spoken by two nearby changelings.

“Good,” an armored changeling who was clearly the one in charge of the raid spoke. “We’re just about done here, all that’s left is to—”

“Get off of me!” Naruto shouted as he tried to climb out of the massive amount of changelings who had piled on top of the earth pony. "You creeps, what do you want with Sasuke?!”

“What is that?” the commending changeling asked.

“Nothing sir, just a bit of a nuisance, but we have the situation all under—”

“HHRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG!!!!” Naruto’s roar began to grow in volume, first it doubled, then it tripled, soon the large pile of changelings exploded with numerous identical looking earth ponies spilling out yelling. “If it’s a numbers game you want, than you got it!”

Twilight who had found herself surrounded now stared at the many Naruto’s who were all running in various directions and attacking any changelings which crossed their path. Twilight took the opportunity she was given and attacked the changelings who had surrounded her as they were distracted by Naruto’s antics.

“Hey you!” a group of charging Naruto’s yelled as they made their way to the armored changeling who was in charge. “Tell us where Sasuke is!”

“What kind of spell is this!?” the changeling exclaimed in fear at the vast number of earth ponies before him. “There’s too many of him! How is this even possible!?”

“Sir, it would probably be wise to fall back, that earth pony and his magical duplicates are spreading like a wildfire,” began the creature’s subordinate with a frightened expression. “We already have all the materials that the Queen and Kabuto have asked for, perhaps we should—”

“RETREAT!” the commander screamed at the top of his lungs, doing so caused every other changelings deformed ears to perk up and listen, the immediately began flying away from Ponyville, but not without an mass of Naruto’s giving chase.

“Hey get back here!” they group of Orange earth ponies yelled in unison as they tried to give chase to the fleeing creatures.

“Naruto wait!” Twilight exclaimed as she stood in front of the stampeding group causing them to hall their gallop abruptly. Twilight looked at the group, trying to make out which was the original and which was the clone. “Oh no, this is Pinkie Pie all over again,” she moaned. Naruto must have heard Twilight’s plea because the earth ponies quickly began disappearing in small explosive puffs of smoke until there was only one that was left standing.

“Hehehehe, my bad, I might’ve gone a bit overboard,” Naruto laughed as he scratched the back of his head, he quickly snapped back to a serious tone as he continued. “Those things, they were talking about a friend of mine, I think they might know where he is and I have to find him.”

“Naruto! Dude! That was awesome!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed while landing beside the earth pony and giving him a hoof bump. “Your not a unicorn but you can do magic?”

“I guess you could call it that,” Naruto replied in a low tone with his goofy grin returning once more. “I could do a whole lot more but right now I’m…” Naruto paused for a moment as his eyes began to dilate. “I’m feeling kinda light headed.”

“Maybe we should take you to the hospital,” Twilight began as the three began to trot slowly. “You’ve done enough for now.”


Sasuke jumped aboard the top of the still train, quickly pursued by the three changelings who continued their relentless attack. Sasuke dodged several punches and kicks and than jumped back to put some distance between him and his opponents. He began to focus his chakra to his left hand, with his chakra condensing and his Chidori beginning to form; it soon faded away as he realized he didn’t have enough chakra to perform the jutsu. That was when his eyes changed back to their normal black, and he began to pant due to exhaustion. Seeing this as an opportunity to strike, the changelings flew at the pony only to be greeted by a cannon of confetti blasting them back.

“Is that….your only weapon?” Sasuke asked as he raised a brow at Pinkie who smiled back as she stood in front of him.

“It’s not a weapon silly, it’s a party cannon. Can’t you tell?” Pinkie giggled at Sasuke’s glare, knowing that he didn’t care for her presence yet she was just trying to be his friend. Pinkie turned her head as she heard the rapid buzzing of wings, when she got ready to fire her cannon a second time, the three changelings stopped moving in mid air; the now open caskets appeared once more and drew back the creatures before resealing themselves and disappearing again. “Did we win?”

“No, whoever summoned them just recalled them back,” Sasuke realized his wound was still bleeding and ripped off a piece of his clothing and bandaged it in an attempt to stop the bleeding. ‘First kunai and now forbidden ninjutsu? There’s no doubt about it, someone from my world is here too, someone who apparently has adapted better than I have.

“Oh my gosh, are you still hurt?” Pinkie asked as she examined Sasuke’s bandaged injury. “Come on, Ponyville has a hospital not far from here.”


“It seems like Naruto and Sasuke are still capable even in their new bodies.” Kabuto was in the process of creating a strange concoction which he crushed several items and blended them in a bowl.

“Is that a problem? I thought they’d be easier to get rid of?” Chrysalis asked, a hint of irritation detected in her voice.

“They seem to be in the company of a well skilled sorceress, a purple unicorn.”

“Twilight Sparkle!” Chrysalis hissed through gritted teeth of anger. “They have already come into contact with Twilight and her friends, that can’t bode well for our goals.”

“You shouldn’t underestimate me,” Kabuto began as he placed the medicine he had created into a paper and wrapped it up. “I told you, I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve, but perhaps you should tell me more about the individuals that you think are a concern.”

“Apologies for interrupting my queen,” a changeling stated as he entered the dimly lit chamber. “Word from the Canterlot team, we have retrieved the books as Kabuto has requested, but unfortunately four of the team were captured by a certain chaos spirit.”

“Discord? What was he doing in Canterlot?” Chrysalis’ anger only began to grow with each new factor that appeared to intervene with her plans; in her mind, things were falling apart at the seams. “And how are you going to combat a creature with power beyond anything you’ve ever seen? A creature who has the power to reshape reality itself?”

Kabuto placed down the medicine bowl and tool he was using, he then proceeded to face the changeling queen and clapped his hands together allowing another coffin to rise from the earth. Kabuto stepped forward and placed a pale hand on the coffin, smiling deviously as he did.

“Another one of your….reanimations?” Chrysalis questioned as she approached the massive coffin, noticing that this one seemed different than the others somehow.

“Your catching on quite well, but this is no normal reanimation; this one is unique and has required a great deal of attention in my world. He may not be this Discord fellow, but he’s more than enough to take out anything that may be thrown our way.”

“You sound so sure of yourself Kabuto, but you must not underestimate Princess Celestia or Discord.”

“There is a tale in my world that is as old as time,” Kabuto began, his demeanor now a stern one. “A legend, if you would, that tells of a sage who was able to utilize every form in chakra nature and knew as well as created countless jutsu; this sage was known as The Sage of Six Paths, a man revered as a god where I come from.”

“And you carry this…..sage, this god, in here?” Chrysalis placed a deformed hoof on the large coffin, something about it made her feel uneasy, something ominous.

“Not exactly, but the man who rests within this coffin is the closest thing to a god that we’ll see.”

“Then why not use him now, why wait? We could have Equestria and this….. Sasuke now!”

“As I said before, this reanimation is very special and requires the utmost attention; I haven’t finished it yet. Furthermore, his body has apparently undergone a similar transformation from entering this world; he may prove well right now but I want him at his one hundred percent best before I put him in the action.” Kabuto readjusted his glasses and clapped his hands again to recede the coffin back to it’s resting place. “This is why I need medical books for improving his physical abilities and also your help to transform him back into his original form; I’m more than sure you can manage a spell to do so.”

“It may require more magic than what we have,” Chrysalis began to tap her chin with a hoof, “But, I think I know somepony who can help us.”

Comments ( 5 )

7249687 Tell it to Kishimoto (or the 2nd Hokage who created the jutsu), hence why it's a forbidden jutsu

7249687
7249799 Then you probably don't want to know that the one Kabuto used was both permanent and won't be just canceled with the death of the techniques user

The user actually has to cancel it they're self.....or else no matter what you do the technique will just continue on forever.....even long before Kabuto's physical body expires.....and you also have to specifically use the Naruto worlds form of sealing for them to actually stay sealed or else they will just figure out another way out of whatever seal you use on them that isn't from there own world.....the seals from there home deals with time and space manipulation after all

7256957 Yup, Kabuto was able to practically perfect the jutsu, making him a better Edo Tensei user than the 2nd Hokage and Orochimaru.....thankfully Itachi was so badass he was able to use Izanami to stop him.

I like this story

Login or register to comment