• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 1,988 Views, 16 Comments

Shinobi's in Equestria - TheDimensionRift



Inspired by: Equestrian Shinobi by DragonBoi65. (Shippuden Spoiler Alert!) Naruto Uzumaki finds himself in a strange new world which he doesn't recognize. Can he learn to adapt to this new world? And what is this evil presence he keeps sensing?

  • ...
8
 16
 1,988

Chapter: 1

“What’s….what’s going on? Our body feels…..Strange.”

“Huh? Ku….Kurama?”

Naruto woke up in a puddle of water, his head was throbbing and he had no recollection of what was happening or where he was.

“Get up you fool! We have more problems to worry about than your unproductive napping!”

Naruto sat up in the water puddle as he began to recognize where he was. The den of the Nine Tails was lit dimly as it always was with several small torches which wielded fire. He climbed up on to his feet as he watched his reflection in the greenish water, he than took notice of the giant orange fox which glared at him from behind a large red cell like imprisonment. Naruto slowly approached the fox as he felt the control returning to his body, all the while, he felt his head throbbing in pain.

“Kurama, somethings wrong, I don’t know what it is but-” the yellow haired ninja winced in pain as he placed his hand on his forehead. “Agh! My head….it feels like something hard hit it.”

“So, you feel it as well? I’m not sure how to explain it but our body feels……different, almost….smaller.”

“Hellooo, can you hear me?”

Both the fox and young ninja picked their heads up to look straight up, as if watching an unknown object soar across the sky; this however wasn’t the case.

“Come on, please wake up.”

“Hey Kurama, you hear that? It sounds like a girl’s voice, but it doesn’t sound like anyone I know.”

“Hmmmm, I can feel your consciousness returning, you’ll be waking up soon.” Kurama glared at Naruto with a burning intensity in his eyes. “Naruto, I don’t know where we are, but it’s not the world we know.”

“Wait, what do you—?”

“Be careful out there, Naruto, I fell something……..…ominous.

“Kurama wait!”

Just as he was attempting to get a grasp on his situation, Naruto was blinded by a flashing, bright light. He could feel himself waking up, as though he had been asleep in his bed for an eternity, what he awoke to however, was nothing like anything he’d ever seen.


“I can hear his heart beating, so he’s still alive.”

Naruto slowly opened his eyes which attempted to readjust to the bright afternoon sun. When he managed to open his eyes he was began blushing as he watched a lavender unicorn resting her head on his chest.

“Oh good, your awake, I was beginning to get worried,” the horned creature said as it shot the ninja a smile.

“huh?” It took Naruto several moments before he could tell that this creature was an animal. “Whaaaa! Did that horse just TALK!?!?”

“She’s not a horse, she’s a pony! And she’s a unicorn!”

The hyperactive ninja turned his gaze toward another figurer, one smaller in stature to the talking unicorn. It was a small light purple reptilian creature with big emerald green eyes.

“Are— are you a dragon!?” Naruto stammered at the small reptile in astonishment. “A TALKING dragon!?”

“Actually, he’s just a baby dragon, so there’s no need to be scared of him,” the pony added with a giggle. She stood back and gave the yellow haired ninja some room. “Need any help getting back on your hooves?”

“My wha?” Naruto was about to further press the pony before he looked down at his body. His hands and feet no longer held fingers or toes but hooves instead; his usual orange and black jumpsuit was gone and he appeared to be exposed except for a his clan's insignia which seemed to be tattooed on his flank. He sat for a few brief seconds in silence as he tried to contemplate what was happening. “GAAAAAUUUUGH!!!! What’s going on!? What the heck happened to my body!?”

“What are you talking ab—”

“Why am I a horse!? What happened to my hands!? And my feet!? And my ninja tools!?” Naruto was now up on his feet—er, hooves, and was frantically examining his body in quick glances. “Wait! What about my—!?” he paused for a moment as he placed a hoof on his forehead, he than let out a sigh of relief. “Well at least I still have my headband.”

“Uh Twilight, I think this pony is seriously crazy.”

“Now Spike,” Twilight began as she raised a hoof to silence him. “He’s obviously just a bit disoriented from his fall.”

“That’s another thing,” Spike said as he scratched under his chin with a claw. “You said you saw him fall from the sky, but he doesn’t even have any wings; he’s an earth pony.”

“Well I—”

“Shadow Clone Jutsu!” Naruto interrupted with his loud screaming. Twilight and Spike watched as the orange earth pony stood on his hind legs with his front hooves clapped together. “What the? Shadow Clone Jutsu! Shadow Clone Jutsu! Shadow…..Clone……..Jutsu!” Naruto fell on his flank as he soon realized his efforts were useless, Twilight and Spike just stared with confused expressions. They exchanged glances before Twilight asked the question which was on both of their minds.

“Uh, excuse me,” Twilight approached the yellow haired earth pony who was standing once more, this time on all fours. “What is it that your trying to do?”

“I…I can’t feel my chakra…that means I can’t perform any jutsu,. I’m stuck in a horse’s body AND I’m cut off from any chakra? Great, can this day get any worse?” though as if to mock him, a thunderstorm quickly developed above the heads of the two ponies and the baby dragon. Rain rapidly poured down upon them, Naruto placed a hoof above his head, trying to shield himself from the rain; though his hoof served as poor protection from the pounding aqua.

“Come on, let’s get out of this rain. My home isn’t far from here,” Twilight motioned for Naruto to follow her and Spike.

“You don’t have to tell me twice,” Naruto replied as he galloped along side the unicorn who carried her small reptilian friend on her back.


“In here,” Twilight waved a hoof as she ran into a strange looking tree structure and held the door open. Naruto followed swiftly behind her, the rain didn’t bother him much; but he was still in an unknown world that he knew nothing about with questions still on his mind. Something about this unicorn gave him the impression that she had answers.

“Thanks a bunch,” Naruto said as he tried to catch his breath from running so fast. “Uh, so your name was?.....”

Is, and I’m Twilight Sparkle,” the unicorn said in a cheerful tone. She than pointed a hoof at the small reptile who was in the process of tediously re-shelving books on a nearby shelf. “And the dragon you met is Spike, he’s my number one assistant.”

“I’m her ONLY assistant,” Spike grumbled as he climbed a latter and placed several thick tomes which he carried in one hand on the top shelf.

“Spike and Twilight huh?” Naruto dismissed his question and quickly donned his trademark smile which radiated a sense of charisma. “I’m Naruto! Naruto Uzumaki!” The yellow haired stallion soon began scratching the back of his mane nervously as he forced out a question. “Hey, Twilight, are you a for real unicorn?”

“Yes I am, why do you ask?” Twilight questioned with curious face.

“Well, where I come from, there aren’t any unicorns, especially talking ones.” Naruto placed a pondering hoof underneath his chin as he gave his statement some further thought. “There are talking ninja dogs like Pakkun and talking toads like Gamakichi and Gamatatsu; but their not your average toads.”

“What!?” Twilight said in aghast as she rushed to the side of the earth pony. “You have talking dogs and frogs!?” That’s not scientifically possible! How is that even possible!? You have to tell me everything!”

“Calm down Twilight,” Spike said as he put some distance between the two. “I’m sure Naruto doesn’t wanna be smothered in all your questions.”

“It’s—it’s okay Spike, really,” Naruto stammered with a hearty laugh. “I don’t mind answering any of your questions Twilight, I actually have a few of my own.”

“A bit of quid pro quo huh? Alright,” Twilight quickly dashed up a staircase as she called back down to the earth pony. “I’ll be back, I have to grab a scroll and a quill!”

“Oh boy,” Spike began as he brought Naruto a pillow. “Your going to want this to sit on. If she’s going to be taking notes, than that means it’s going to be a loooooong night.”


"Do it again!"

"But....my queen…..we—"

"Do. It. Again!"

Several changelings stood in a circular formation above strange markings carved into the ground. Two of the bug like creatures were breathing heavily as their hind legs shook weakly, all the while their queen stared on with a growing expression of displeasure.

“We’ve attempted the spell six times already and have received the same negative results,” the changeling shifted uncomfortably in his position as he watched his queen approach him. “Two of our drones are also suffering from exhaustion, they won’t be able to keep up at this rate.”

“Then summon two more drones who WILL!” Chrysalis commanded in an enraging tone as she stomped a hoof into the ground; her brilliant green magical aura was levitating a large unique looking book before her. “During our last raid on Canterlot my assault team retrieved Starswirl’s Tome of Dimensional Studies from the royal library. This book has everything we’ll need to conquer Equeastria and even further beyond!”

“Dimensional spells and travel? She’s officially lost her mind.” The changeling who mumbled his comment to another was overwhelmed as he was struck with a surge of pain; he began to writhe in agony as Chrysalis’s magic enveloped his body.

“Speaking out of turn when I’m angered by your failures is not the best idea,” the changeling queen stated with a glare. Her horn’s light died down as she released her drone from his suffering and waved a hoof. “Take this insubordinate abomination to the catacombs and bring me two more drones who can ACTUALLY perform the duties I bestow upon them!”

At their queen’s orders, two armored changelings scooped up the injured insect like creature and escorted the two tired drones out of the summoning chamber. As if on cue, two more changelings entered the chamber and stood with three others which surrounded the summoning circle, they each took their positions and awaited for further orders.

“Now then, if there’ll be no more interruptions, let’s perform the spell once more. If any of you feel as though you may not be at one hundred percent, than speak now and you’ll be escorted to the catacombs.” None of the five changelings dare spoke a word, the silence which befell them was frightening as each creature could see the fierceness the queen’s emerald green eyes. “Very well, than let us continue.”

After assuming their positions and receiving further orders, the five changelings closed their eyes as a glow emitted from the horns protruding from their heads. A slight hum could be heard as the glowing of the five changeling’s horns began to intensify, the humming grew louder as a strange chant could be heard coming from Chrysalis.

Beyond the strength of one, when bodies of six come together.

To excel pass the reality for which we have been tethered.

Worlds beyond our own, nothing shall no longer conceal it.

The fabrics of space and time shall contort as thy will it!

On the last word of the spell’s chant, Chrysalis quickly charged up a powerful surge of magic and released it at the summoning circle. The changelings kept channeling their magic into the center of the circle, the air in the chamber quickly became heavy as it had before. However, unlike the other attempts, a blinding flash of green light formed in the center of the five changelings; within seconds, an explosive force sent the creatures flying back from where they had once stood leaving behind faint remnants of smoke. Chrysalis stared on in amazement as she could see the silhouette of a tall creature who’s height rivaled even her own; as the haze lifted, she could see more distinct features on strange creature.

The strange creature had an extremely pale complexion and appeared to have cracks around its face where a pair of glasses sat in front of two reptilian yellow eyes with slitted pupils and purple markings. It had grayish white hair and stood on its back two hind legs, the rest of its body was hidden behind a maroon-colored cloak with a hood which resembled a serpent's head with white, red, and yellow markings that resembled eyes. There was a distinct absence of sound as every changeling was awestruck by their success; it was the queen’s laughter which brought any verification of life back into the room.

“MWAUHAHAHAH! Finally, I’ve finally done it!” Chrysalis was rubbing her two hooves together as she remarked on the success. “With this creature by my side, we shall claim all of Equeastria; and then, none of us shall ever go hungry again!”

“How ironic,” as the creature began to speak, Chrysalis was silenced unintentionally. “Here I was studying a jutsu on Interdimensional travel and I get summoned to another world other than my own,” a large tongue appeared to lick the mouth of the creature which drew disgusted and uncomfortable grunts from the changelings. “There’s still so much I don’t know about. I will unlock the secrets of not only my own world, but this one as well.”

“You! Creature! You shall help me take over Equeastria and feed my subjects!” it was Chrysalis’s commanding tone which brought the man a realization that he was not alone.

“My, my, your quite the pushy one. Demanding things from someone you hardly know isn’t very polite,” the man adjusted his glasses on his face as a smile began to form. ‘That chakra…....it can’t be’. The man’s freakishly long tongue stuck itself out from his mouth like a snake and slithered around his lips once more. “You must be the locals of this world, allow me to introduce myself then. I am a shinobi known as Kabuto Yakushi.”

“I am Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings, and now, of you.”

“Of me? Well that doesn’t sound right, after all, I am stronger than the lot of you here; it doesn’t take a genius to know that.” Kabuto was unaware of the changeling which had snuck up behind him, after receiving a nod of confirmation from his queen, the changeling lunged at Kabuto with bearing fangs. A creature shot out from under Kabuto’s cloak and wrapped itself around the insect-like creature, stopping it’s attack. Chrysalis and the other changelings were frozen in a state of shock as the eyed the large white serpent which had wrapped itself around Kabuto’s attacker and continued to squeeze. “Is this how you welcome all of your guests?”

“What—what are you?” Chrysalis stammered as she watched the snake bring the changeling around to Kabuto’s face.

“Someone who can help you get what you want, however, I want something in exchange.” Kabuto could see the queen still had a sense of fear on her face, but now she was interested in what he had to say. “I can tell you are knowledgeable of this world, I’d like to acquire more information on everything here.”

“Us changelings have a transformation ability, we can steal you some books from several of the libraries in Equeastria. Is there anything else?”

“Another good source of information are your subjects here,” Kabuto was now staring deep into the arctic blue eyes of the changeling who looked away in fear. “I’d like several of them to report to me for….experimentation. Of course you’ll have to provide me with the tools I require and a lab.”

“Experimentation? What do you intend to do with them?” Chrysalis asked with a touch of curiosity and fright in her voice.

“Just some simple dissection, nothing too serious,” Kabuto laughed as he patted the creature on the head in a gentle and sadistic manner. “One final request, there is another like myself somewhere in this world. He’ll have black hair, possibly red eyes, and a cold, smug demeanor; I want you and your changelings to assist me in his capture.”

“There is another? Why not get him to help?”

“I’m afraid it’s not that simple,” Kabuto readjusted his glasses once more as he spoke. “He’s reformed himself to be one of the ‘good guys’. So asking him for help is out of the question.”

“Than why are you interested in him?” Chrysalis was cautious as she watched Kabuto slowly walk over to her, no changeling dared even move, not even the drones assigned to be the queen’s guards.

“In my world, a shinobi can perform extraordinary feats by performing powerful techniques know as ninjutsu. The shinobi who I want is the last of a now extinct clan, the ninjutsu he can do rival the stuff of legends. I want to unlock every secret behind ninjutsu, so he would make the perfect test subject.” Kabuto’s serpent now released the changeling who scurried out of the chamber with haste. The white snake slithered over Kabuto’s right shoulder and eyed the changeling queen, almost as off analyzing her. “So, do we have an agreement?”

Author's Note:

I did enjoy the original story I based mine off of, however, I felt as though it lacked a bit of action. I mean, it is Naruto; i fell that at least some form of crisis should have been present, but I digress. Let me know what you a think. And yeah, I know, such an amazing title. I'll be changing it when I come up with a better one.