• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 3,276 Views, 119 Comments

I'm No Legend - Short Stories



Twilight gets amnesia. Oddly specific amnesia.

  • ...
10
 119
 3,276

You Finally Figured it Out?

"Why wouldn't you believe a life long friend?" Chrysalis asked, still trying her darndest to keep up the lie.

"I know you aren't, and I can prove it." Twilight seethed; she didn't particularly like it when others tried to trick her.

"Oh?" Chrysalis challenged. "How's that?"

Twilight had managed to shove the evil doer into a corner with the threat of an unknown spell (unknown to Chrissy) lingering around her horn. "So glad you asked," she snarked. "The first thing I noticed is you not able to shut your uncelestial* mouth for three seconds; forgive my crude language."

Sweet cheese, even when she's chewing somepony out, she's kind, Chrysalis thought to herself, groaning in the process.

"The very first thing you ever said to me was 'Thought you could fool me? We knew that spell would wear off eventually. We just wanted to make sure it hadn't already.'"

"Uh..."

"And even after I showed I was well alert, you kept talking, saying 'You keep living in your strange little fantasy, Twilight, I'm so happy I can watch this unfold off-hoof. I wanted to do it before but, too risky.' Care to explain that?"

"You're hearing things." Chrysalis stated plainly.

"Oh, no, I am most certainly not." Twilight countered, "now you either tell me what in Equestria is going on and who 'we' is or I'll call the royal guards and get a restraining order against you!"

The changeling queen rolled her eyes at Twilight's ridiculously stupid threat. "You really were that naive, were you?" She queered.

Not ready for that certain reply, Twilight stopped her spell. "W-what?"

Before she could respond, the front door slammed open and a cluster of mares and a dragon popped through. "Twilight!" Spike cheered as soon as he laid eyes on her, running over give her a hug as if his life depended on it. "You're OK!!!"

Twilight tried to shoo him off as she started up the spell again. "Not right now, Spike," she instructed, "I'm sorta in the middle of something."

"I know. Twilight, we all know--we're all here to help! You remember Minuette and Twinkleshine, don't you?" He quizzed, gesturing towards them as he said their names.

"Yes, I--" Twilight scoffed, giving her full attention to the little assistant. "Why do you need to know this now?" She whispered, "of course I remember them, they are my aquatan-er-friends. You know this, don't you?"

Spike's face melded into a mix of concern and amusement. "Do you know you're the Princess of Friendship?"

"Uh." She looked back at her wings for a quick second. "No."

Spike held out a claw and Scootaloo quickly put the potion in his open palm. "Here," he said calmly, handing it to her, "drink this."

Chrysalis grabbed the bottle for her, smashing it with as much force as possible against a wall. Bits of broken glass sprayed everywhere and the potion slowly drained to meet as a puddle on the floor. The five new visitors shared the same horrified expression and, slowly but surely, all gave death glares to the holey queen.

"What the hay was that for?!" Spike yelled, restraining himself from clawing her eyes out in a fit of fury.

"Somepony saw Zecora gave this to you and heard who it was for," she explained, "it wasn't hard to put two and two together."

"Are you insane?!?" Spike seethed.

"Possibly. But I am not on your side, young, useless one, you must remember that."

Spike looked back at his small posse behind him. Glancing back up at Chrysalis, he said two simple words. "Get her."

As the five fought ferociously against the one, Twilight was busy concentrating on the puddle at the wooden floor. She steadily raised the liquid with a levitation spell and managed to clean it off somewhat before draining it all. "Oh my Cels--" she held back a gag and forced herself to swallow. "Spike!" She cried, "why in Equestria would you ever make me drink that vile stuff?!"

All fighting ceased.

"What." Chrysalis demanded.

Spike jumped off the queen, stopping the green flames that rose in his throat and dusting off his claws. "She drank the potion." Spike smiled holding up one of his claws, "she'll be back to normal in five, four, three, two..."

~*~

"Well, we're all here." Rainbow announced as she landed gracefully on Rarity's box. She looked in Rarity's direction with heedfulness. "You doing okay there, Rare?"

Rarity was still on her side and breathing heavily, however, she finally got herself to turn her body so she was facing the others. "I'm still a might tired, but other than that, I'm feeling well." She lied.

Her eyes still filled with worry, Rainbow approached her friend and laid down beside her to at least give her a type of comfort. "Everypony remembers what happened, right?" She asked in her drill-sergeant voice.

"'Course," Applejack answered for all of them, "ah'm still tryin' my hardest ta forget it."

"Does anypony remember the way out?" She added.

Each mare looked at each other with varying expressions of wilting hope, until all eyes laid upon Pinkie. "I do~!" She sang out with pride, "but it'll take a while to get out; we're really far back in the rock." She took a couple paces forward, worry in her eyes and she looked down upon Rarity. "I'd suggest Rarity make us a portal out of here, but I don't think she'd be able to handle that at this point and time." She patted the unicorn gently on the head while focusing on Rainbow. "Maybe my candy trail is still out there somewhere. Unless somepony was hungry and ate it off the floor."

"Ee--wait--candy trail?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah!" Pinkie raised both forehooves in the air in excitement. "I always leave a trail of things behind me if I know I'll get lost. I just happened to have a lot of candy in my mane."

Rainbow sighed. "Of course you did."

"Hey, a day without sugar is a day wasted." Pinkie defended.

"Let's just find that trail and get they hay out of here." Rainbow asserted, standing at her full height again. She looked down at Rarity, then over at Applejack. "Hey, AJ?"

The farmpony, who had been staring off the edge to see how far down the ground was looked up at the call of her name. "Yeah?"

"Do you think you could help carry Rarity? I don't think she's strong enough to move but I have a gut feeling we should start." She stomped her hoof on the top of Rarity's box that seemed to glow in the surrounding darkness, hoping they'd get the hint.

Applejack tilted her head, trying to estimate how much weight Rarity would be in the current state she was in. She didn't eat as much sweets as Pinkie, right? And she did still exercise daily. After a few more seconds (that seemed like an eternity to Rainbow), Applejack nodded proudly. "Can do!" She marched up to the fashionista and got as low as she possibly could. "Just help me get her on mah back an' we'll be all set."

Rainbow helped set her on the farmpony's back with little struggle and, as soon as she was on securely, Applejack hopped up as if she weighed less than a feather.

"Hey, Applejack?" Rainbow asked again.

"Yes'm?" The duo started to approach the edge where Pinkie and Fluttershy stood; Flutters being unusually quiet throughout all of this--even for her.

"I saw you looking over the edge. What were you doing?"

"See'n how far down the ground was." She explained.

"How far?" Rainbow asked.

Applejack brought a hoof to her chin, tapping it as she thought. "Probably 'bout the height of two er three apple trees." She shrugged, "Maybe a lil' over nine feet."

Rainbow's eyes widened; she hadn't expected to be this far up, not that she minded the height, as she and Fluttershy could easily fly down. She was mainly concerned about the two earth ponies in they're midst. Couldn't a jump like that injure them easily? And what about Rarity? Would she fall off mid-jump and not land on AJ's back? Before she could voice these worries, however, Applejack was already taking a running start, along with Pinkie. "Meet ya at the bottom!!" Pinkie hollered as all three bodies plummeted to the walkway below.

Author's Note:

*Ungodly


6_6 - Janie, have you seen Moana yet...?
/)0O0(\ - OMG, No! But I want to so freaking bad.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - Did you know that Maui--
(\0O0/) - NO SPOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLEEEEEERRRRSSSSSS! [in the comments, please!]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - I was just gonna say that he's voiced by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - And that he's a demigod.
⚆ _ ⚆ - Who's the demigod?
^-^ - Maui.
ಠ⌣ಠ - That's a spoiler, Amanda.
6_6 - What?
ಠ⌣ಠ - You know what this means, right?
6_6 - N-no...
ಠ⌣ಠ - I'm going to make you listen to 'Let it Go."
ಠ⌣ಠ - On repeat.
ಠ⌣ಠ - For 10.
ಠ⌣ಠ - hours.
ಠ⌣ಠ - straight.
(ʘᗩʘ') - NOOOOOOOOOO!
:pinkiecrazy: - That song never bothered me anyway...

So, I guess that's Janis's main punishment. :/
Who knew?
But seriously, please no spoils. Thank you~! :3