• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 3,276 Views, 119 Comments

I'm No Legend - Short Stories



Twilight gets amnesia. Oddly specific amnesia.

  • ...
10
 119
 3,276

What's One More? [Alt. Version]

Author's Note:

Arceus_, the winner of the Random Contest I had a while back suggested this.

But I procrastinated.

And procrastinated

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd procrastinated.................

Yeah....I'm sorry, I suck at this sorta thing. But, here it is now. :3

On a side note, go and follow the amazing Arceus_! They deserve the stalkerie love!

Next chapter to come sometime in August. ;)

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS AN ALTERNATE CHAPTER. I'm not sure yet if the events of this will continue in the next alt chapter [if there is one] or not.

Lavender hooves paced the castle floor as Twilight spoke her mixed up thoughts to the empty palace to hear. "Black mane, black mane....I know so many evil doers with a black mane." She paused, feeling odd to have said that so certainly. "Apparently." As she turned around to continue her pacing, she her attention went to the nearby window and alarms rang off in her head. Something definitely wasn't right. She rushed to the window to see if her eyes were playing tricks in. It wasn't. Twilight's pupils dilated as she immediately began to panic.

On top of everything else, how was she supposed to fix this?!


An hour later, Spike and Scootaloo arrived outside of the castle, about to go in when they heard somepony frantically calling out their names. "That sounds like--" Scootaloo said, not being able to finish her sentence because Sweetie Belle slammed into the small pegasus at full force, causing the two to tumble over each other before hitting the base of a tree. They fell apart, completely dazed, Spike walking over to them to see if they were okay.

"We're fine," Sweetie said as Spike helped her up, "I guess I don't know my own speed...sorry, Scootaloo..." Scootaloo smiled, brushing off the incident with ease. "I came down here to tell you..." Sweetie breathed, her heart still racing from what had happened. "That I...wanted to help you. Everything seems to be going crazy--I had a nightmare last night, it almost came true, and now the sky--"

"What about the sky?" Spike asked. Sweetie pointed up with her hoof, Spike following her motion and gasped. One half of the sky was daylight, from the sun's position, it looked like it might have been noon. The moon was in the same position on the other half, suggesting it was also midnight. "Ohmygosh, the sky!" He shouted, eyes the size of pinpricks. "How could we have not noticed this before?!"

"Well..." Scootaloo muttered.

"Scootaloo?" Spike asked, "Did you see this beforehoof?"

Scootaloo folded her little ears back. "I did. On the train. But you were so excited and talking about getting closer to the case, and I didn't want to ruin your good mood." She brought them up as a thought occurred to her. "But...maybe Twilight knows enough to stop everything?"

Spike sighed. "I doubt it," he muttered, "but I guess it never hurts to ask." The three went inside the castle, Scootaloo holding the door open for the first two before going in herself.

She stopped immediately as soon as she heard frantic crashes from somewhere in the castle and Twilight shouting out frantic cries.

"Uuhhh..." she said as she wandered farther in, up to where Spike and Sweetie stood, staring at the lavender alicorn. "What's going on?"

Twilight turned her head at breakneck speed and saw the three standing there. She didn't hear them come in over all the noise she was making. She grabbed Spike with her magic and shook him, making the young dragon go cross eyed, mirroring Twilight's own. "Have you looked at the sky lately, Spike?" She asked in a slightly psychotic tone.

"Yeah, uh--"

"What could it possibly mean?" She asked no pony in particular. Dropping Spike, she went back towards the window to see more and more ponies looking up in slight alarm, though they weren't running around like chickens with no heads. "Why isn't anypony freaking out over this?"

Spike exchanged a glance with the two foals, stood up and walked to Twilight's side. "This...this kind of happened before."

"What?!"

"Amnesia." Spike simply said, tapping the side of his head.

Twilight lowered hers and sighed. "Right." She scowled, "that."

"But, you and your friends got everything under control!" Spike continued, "and you probably will again, soon. I think you just need some guidance."

Twilight cocked her head to the side. "Guidance?" She furrowed her brow for a minute before perking up with glee. "Luna!"

"Uhh..."

"Thanks, Spike!" She smiled, "I'm sure Luna will be able to help me with this. How hard can it be, right?" She grinned at the three of them as she fired up her horn, then blinked away.

Spike rubbed his forehead and sat down on the castle floor, facing away from the two fillies. "This isn't good," he sighed, "I have a feeling Luna's missing, too."