• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 2,094 Views, 135 Comments

The Key to the Light - KingJoltik



Celestia had been looking for the one that will unlock the door to the light for years. What she found was Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
6
 135
 2,094

PreviousChapters Next
Ohana, Part 2: Gonna Stick Like Glue Because I'm Stuck On You

I've been around for what...fifty plus years now? Probably more, I lost track of my birthdays a long time ago. That being said, no matter what I do, I keep thinking that I wish I had something to play off of with me while I do my research. Everypony I've looked into in Canterlot are all...under my knowledge level with the exception of Clover. Though she is my teacher, her projects are her own and I can only get so much out of her opinion on certain things. That and she decided to leave to that 'Crystal Empire' place again. I've been meaning to go there myself but haven't had the time. I need to book a ride there or something.

Now that I think about it, the same goes with Princess Celestia. She's an intelligent mare to be sure, but she has too many responsibilities to help me. I'm just glad we're good friends.

Wow. I really need a pet or something to keep me company. Just can't find a brain that's like mine these days. Perhaps I'll leave for the 'Crystal Empire' myself. Hopefully there's a clue about 'The Key' there.

-Starswirl, Report 46

Equestria...

Maud looked down at the map in her hooves, her expression unchanging. She looked back up as she folded it up and gave a train ticket booth some bits. Collecting one ticket to Appleloosa, she bordered the train. She quickly took a seat in the back of car and pulled out a small device in her pocket. She barely blinked as she stared at it and tapped it with her hoof. A small holographic image appeared, showing a list of details of her mission. Hmm...according to the report, the last time the agents contacted the boss was when they were going to Appleloosa.

She glanced out the window, watching the land slowly begin to move as the train started up. Making sure she wouldn't get distracted, she looked back at the device. Let's see...the agents are a purple haired girl who wears yellowish-orange clothes and a moogle with a blonde haircut with a blue pom-pom. Huh. At least I know my targets. Now, according to the information the boss gave me, the girl is a summoner and also a white mage. The moogle is a bard, though he may resort to certain other moogle classes depending on the situation. He can also transform between two different moogle forms, one is the usual small form and the other is called the 'Ivalice' form. Hmmm...guess that means I got my work cut out for me. The filly then put up the device and pulled out a small rock. "Our first mission Boulder. Are you excited?"

No response.

"Good. I am too."

Putting the rock away, she laid her head down on the chair, her eyes closing. Soon, her mind drifted to sleep. As she did, memories stirred inside her head.

Five months ago...

"Good, good...you're doing well Maud." Refia said as she crossed her arms, tapping her elbow as she stared at her student. Maud was standing in a plain field, fully equipped with her new Geomancer outfit as she spun her hands in a circular motion. She shifted her hands forward as the ground began to shake. Refia looked down at the ground, quickly observing the earth's movements as she studied the ground closely. She rubbed her chin as she kept glaring at the moving rocks inside the dirt. Then, the ground became several giant rock spikes, all trying to pierce the sky like a bunch of drills. Again, the dirt shifted as another rock formation appeared, this one as a giant fist pointing upward. At this moment, Maud stopped manipulating the earth around her and looked at her instructor. Refia just stood there, still thinking, "Hmm..."

"Again?"

"Hmm? No Maud. That's good enough." Refia replied while shaking her head. "You're doing really well Maud. In just a month, you've picked up geomancy like it's nothing."

"Thanks." Maud replied in her usual deadpan response.

"But, that worries me Maud."

"Why?"

"Well...being great with this one class is good but..." Refia gave Maud a worried expression. "You need something more Maud. Geomancy shouldn't be the only thing you learn."

"But its the only class that involves rocks. All other combat classes don't involve rocks."

Refia shook her head again. "That doesn't mean you shouldn't try them."

Maud just looked down at the ground, her expression still not changing despite the lowered stare. Refia then went up to the girl and patted her on the shoulder. "Cheer up. Geomancer will still be your main class you use, we'll just uh...improvise what the other will be."

"Okay."

"Now, what should we choose?" Refia rubbed her chin in thought. "Hmm...we probably shouldn't use any mage classes since you're so adept with geomancy. They would just mess up your magic if you combine a bunch of different stuff. You also don't look like you could use summons or beasts well, so Blue Mage, Beastmaster and Summoner are out. Hmm..."

"Is there anything physical without weapons?"

Refia was taken back by this suggestion. Usually, Maud would only want to talk about rocks. "Well...there's Monk, Blackbelt, um...maybe Berserker? That one depends on how you use it."

"Monk."

"Huh? You wanna try the Monk class?" Refia asked, surprised at Maud's expressionless enthusiasm.

"Yes. At my home, we smash rocks all day with our hooves. The Monk class use fists the most, right?"

"It does." Refia put her hand in her pocket and pulled out a class crystal. "Alright, if you wanna try the Monk class, let's try it out."

The Present...

And it worked, didn't it Boulder? Master Refia even got me to use that class as well. Maud thought as her memories kept flowing through her head. I guess...I guess I really did enjoy being there, learning those strange things at the WRO. Even if it did mean I was away from my family.

Maud barely opened her filly eyes, just to stare at her pet rock. "Boulder...do you think we made the right choice? You know, joining the WRO and coming back here for them?"

No response.

"Yeah...I wonder that too." Maud closed her eyes again as she began to cat nap once more. I know one thing though. I don't regret it. I just wish I could have seen my family a little more.


Meanwhile...

"I got it!" Twilight yelled as she slammed her keyblade into the last Heartless. The being turned into a squished pile of dark mist as a small pink heart flew out. She then let out a sigh as she wiped her brow from the battle. "Whew! That went better than I thought it would."

"Agreed." Trixie replied as she flicked her fingers, trying to make the dark flames on her fingers vanish. "Trixie is just glad that fighting in this form isn't very hard."

"True." Flash sheathed his sword and looked at the hill below them. "That's not good though. That dog got away, which means he's probably at the beach now...or somewhere else." Flash then turned to Trixie and asked, "The Heartless appear more often if there's a bunch of ponies around or anything that has a heart, right?"

"Yes." Trixie nodded. "If that dog has a dark aura surrounding him, the Heartless will be attracted to it. But...that's not what concerns Trixie."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked as she desummoned her keyblade.

"Well...let's just say that if that dog has an aura like that, then there's a good chance somepony gave it to him."

"Somepony...gave it to him?" Twilight tilted her head in confusion, her brain taking a second to get what she meant. "You mean the pony The Master sent here, don't you? Somepony messed with that dog's heart?"

"Yes." Trixie nodded again. "Trixie suggests we find the pawn first. Otherwise, the pawn will mess with others' hearts to summon more Heartless."

"Agreed. I'm just hoping those other ways to summon Heartless don't happen." Twilight replied as they remembered Trixie's explanation from a few days ago.


A few days ago...

Twilight shuffled her hooves as several thoughts went through her head. She had just been told about the mirror and her mission, how they were about to go into another world in order to save it from the Heartless. Her eyes stared at the mirror, knowing it was a portal and her brain told her that she needed more information. Giving a tiny smile, her horn shined as she pulled out a notepad from her saddlebag.

"Hey Trixie...could I ask you something?" Twilight twiddled her hooves as she gave a sheepish smile. Trixie gave a small nod as she continued. "If you don't mind, could you tell me how the Heartless are summoned? I know you don't usually like talking about with the whole darkness thing but...since we're about to go fight them and I was thinking that-"

"Ugh...fine. You just have to ask Sparkle. Don't be afraid about talking about the darkness with Trixie." The blue filly sighed as she rubbed her forehead in frustration. "Trixie will explain how Heartless are regularly summoned." She then gestured her hooves as her horn shined, showing the number three with a glowing aura. "There are three ways ponies can summon Heartless. The first is to have darkness in your heart and summon them through will. The more powerful you are, the more they will obey and the more Heartless you will summon."

"I'm guessing that's how The Master and The Servant do it, right?"

"Yes. The second method is to possess another's heart and mind with darkness and have them command Heartless." The others gulped at the thought as Trixie continued her explanation. "This method is probably what's happening right now. The Servant probably has another pony controlling Heartless and is having them find others to control and summon more Heartless."

"And the third method?"

"A pony has to have a...lust for power." Trixie said in a lowered tone, scratching her head. "The Heartless are attracted to hearts that are like that."

Flash and Twilight could see the pained expression on Trixie's face. They knew it was the explanation causing this because it reminded her of the reason she sought the darkness in the first place. Revenge. Seeing this, Twilight walked over and patted Trixie on the shoulder. "Cheer up Trixie, it'll be alright. Sorry I had to ask you that."

"It's fine." Trixie shook her head. "Trixie knows it'll be fine. That's why Trixie is doing this. To make amends for what Trixie did." Her head slightly drooped as a sigh left her mouth. "And to get stronger."

"And we'll be here for you every step of the way." Flash replied as he patted her other shoulder.

"Yeah kupo!"


The Present...

The trio of heroes nodded to each other as Spike popped out of Flash's bag, his eyes looking around before floating out. It was then that Twilight spoke up, "But...we don't know where the pawn is Trixie. I mean, all we know is that the dog probably got that dark aura from the pawn. The pawn probably affected that poor dog's heart. So, shouldn't we try to stop the dog first?"

"We could...but it won't solve the problem Sparkle."

"I know you're right Trixie, but I agree with Twilight. If we know this thing is gonna summon more Heartless, we should follow it."

Trixie wanted to retort back, but knew they were right. They didn't know where the pawn was or what it was planning but they did know who was summoning the Heartless. After all, getting rid of the Heartless took priority. Sighing, she then pointed to where the dog had gone. "Fine. Let's hurry up and catch that dog!"

"Right!" The other two said in unison as they all went into a full-on sprint. As they continued to run, the two others watching them glanced at each other in confusion.

"I don't like this." the one-eyed one said as he glanced at his companion. "And I already didn't like the fact that I'm stuck with you."

"Agreed. Let's follow them and 626. After all, the island will keep 626 caged...though I am curious about those strange creatures that appeared around them. Perhaps that is something that Party Favor fellow did. If he did, it is quite evil. I like it."

"Yeah. Thank goodness your monster can't swim. He just summons other monsters instead." Pleakly sarcastically replied. "Come on, I want this mission over and done with."

"Alright." Jumba replied as he hopped off the bench they were sitting on. "Let's see what my little monster is going to do next."


Some time later...

"Okay, we followed the trail that that thing the dog was riding went too but..." Twilight said as they reached the end of a hill. They had followed the tri-cycle tracks through the local town, all the way to the end of a cliff. There, the tracks ended, and no footprints were shown. Seeing this, the friends looked at each other, not sure what to do.

"There's nothing here. Must have got off the thing it was riding." Trixie continued as she crossed her arms. "Trixie suggests we spread out, cover more ground."

Agreeing to her idea, the four split up. Trixie took on the local town they had just walked through, making sure the dog didn't double back. Flash and Spike took to the local mountain. They were pretty sure the dog wouldn't go somewhere less civilized, but they wanted to cover all their bases. Twilight on the other hand, went down to the beach. There, she found what she was looking for. She found the girl and the dog, both with a small red wagon that the girl was pulling around. Peering out of a local bush, Twilight in her small girl body watched the dog as the girl in the red dress was trying to teach it something.

"Okay Stitch, fetch!" she yelled as she threw a stick. Stitch just sat there, growling. "Come on, fetch!" Seeing that he wasn't going to cooperate, she grabbed a small spray bottle from the wagon and began to shoot the dog with water. "Come on!"

"Rawr!" Stitch yelled as he grabbed the bottle and threw it like a baseball. Seeing this, the girl walked away to retrieve the bottle.

Twilight's eyes widened a little as she saw this. She had never seen an animal pick up so easily, it was as if it was sentient. That's one smart dog. It grabbed the bottle like it was nothing. She then squinted her eyes, glaring at the dog as she watched it easily stand on two legs. Wait a minute...is it bipedal? I don't understand. I thought dogs were quadrupedal...like me.

The girl then returned and yelled again. "Come on Stitch, don't be like that!"

Stitch is it's name? Interesting. Now...what do I do? Do I go ahead and hop in or... Twilight pondered as the dog threw the bottle away again. It was here that Twilight saw something that caused her brain to come to a screeching halt. The aura had returned. Uh-oh. Maybe I should...

"Stop that Stitch! That's a bad dog!"

"Rawr! Rawr! Lala patukey!"

"Hey! That's not nice!" the girl yelled back as he swatted away the bottle again. This time it flew over to the bush Twilight was hiding behind and conked her on the head. The girl walked over and saw the bottle in Twilight's hand. "Uh-oh."

"Is this yours?"

"Uh-huh. Did it hit you?"

"Yeah." Twilight deadpanned as she handed over the bottle.

"Sorry. I'm trying to teach my dog to fetch but..."

"Don't worry about it." Twilight interrupted as she shook her head. She knew that being discovered meant she had to change her plans of observation now. "Just tell your dog to obey, okay?"

"Sure." the girl nodded before tilting her head. "Say, I've never seen you around her before and you look like you're my age. Are you a tourist?"

"Um...yeah, sure. I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"I'm Lilo." Lilo said as she presented her hand. Twilight shook it, though it was a very weak shake due her unfamiliarity of her new body. Lilo then pointed to the blue dog. "And that's my dog, Stitch."

"Okay." Twilight replied as she walked around the bush and up to Stitch. "So his name is Stitch."

"Uh-huh. I just got him from the pound! Isn't he cool?" Lilo exclaimed before turning around to Stitch. There, she started to backpedal as the dark aura returned, quickly equipping itself to Stitch's back. "Um...Stitch?"

"Grrrrr..." it growled, it's teeth grinding as darkness began to swirl around the dog.

"Stop being mean Stitch! And stop that weird dark...thing...how are you doing that Stitch? It's cool looking!" Lilo asked, her eyes shining at the sight. Twilight couldn't believe she was enamored by the sight. That is, till the dog began to bark even more.

"Rawr! Engabha! Engabha!" the dog continued to bark as the aura got bigger. Seeing this, the girl began to backpedal.

"Um...Stitch? What is-"

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRR!!!" he yelled as the aura fully consumed him. The darkness sent out a wave, knocking Lilo over as two shadow Heartless began to emerge from the ground in front of Stitch.

"Hang on!" Twilight exclaimed as she ran up to them, quickly getting between the dog and the girl. She summoned her keyblade and swatted away two shadow Heartless as they leaped at the girl. Twilight then glanced at Lilo and said, "You have to get out of here. It's dangerous!"

"But-"

"Go! Leave now!"

"RAWR!" Stitch yelled again, causing Twilight to shift her viewpoint back to him. She gripped her keyblade as she pointed it at him, ready to fight.

"Alright little dog, let's go! I'll beat that darkness out of you!"

Twilight pointed her keyblade to the sky, shooting a blizzard spell as it flew into the air, exploding like a set of fireworks. She then pointed at the dog again before bracing herself. The two Shadow Heartless quickly jumped again, their claws ready to strike. One horizontal slash later, they were nothing but smoke as Twilight executed them like it was nothing. However, this attack left her wide open as Stitch rolled up into a ball and flung himself in the keybearer, slamming into her stomach.

"Augh!" Twilight yelled as she flew backwards from the blow, her body feeling like it had had a carriage thrown onto her. Stitch backflipped after dealing the blow, quickly landing on the ground before erupting into a fit of giggles.

"Hey! That's not nice Stitch! Bad dog!" Lilo yelled as ran up to Twilight. "Are you okay?"

"I'm...ow, fine." Twilight replied, struggling to get up. "That is not a normal dog...and I told you to get out of here!"

Lilo gave Twilight a cheeky grin. "Uh well...Stitch does kinda seem to be a little different but-"

"RAWR!" Stitch roared again, causing several more Heartless to appear. This time, they looked like five dog-like Heartless that were colored purple and had swirls for eyes. They began to roar as well, signaling they were about to charge.

"Cool! Mutant dogs!" Lilo exclaimed as three of the Heartless began to bum-rush them. As they got closer, Twilight stood in front of Lilo and quickly summoned a Fira spell. The flames flew around the two, knocking the Heartless away. "Whoa! That was cool too!"

"Yeah. Now you need to-oof!" Twilight yelped as Stitch flew into her, his legs knocking straight into her head. Twilight went flying, her body skidding down the nearby beach.

"Ha ha!" Stitch laughed as he landed, quickly shaking his butt at the keybearer. "Ighbatha! Lala patucky!"

"Stitch! I told you to stop doing that! Bad dog!" Lilo yelled, causing the dog to slightly backpedal. Despite the dark aura on his back, Stitch seemed afraid of Lilo. Lilo then pointed to Twilight with a scowl on her face. "Now apologize!"

"Bagha bagha! Igana bagha!"

"I don't know what that means, but say you're sorry!"

"Grrrr...RAWR! RAWR!" Stitch barked before two more Heartless appeared. These two looked like coconuts with legs, the Heartless symbol on their backs with a pair of pineapples for eyes and a banana for a mouth. The sight of these creatures caused two very different reactions.

"Oh cool! Mutant tropical fruit!" Lilo exclaimed as she watch the two coconut Heartless fumble around. "I wonder if they're any good to eat?"

"Oh you have got to kidding me." was Twilight's reaction as she overheard Lilo's excitement. She slowly got up from the previous blow, her head still shaking from the dog's sudden head pummel. Shaking it off, she charged again, quickly shooting a Blizzard spell at one of them, turning it to smoke. The other hopped into the air and began spinning like a top. As if the coconut had turned into a flying drill, the dark fruit spun at Twilight, trying to hit her head on. However, this move was reminiscent of a move Flash would do during training, as spinning his body would allow increased momentum in the air when attacking. Twilight quickly blocked the move and countered with a quick two stringed strike, instantly destroying the Heartless.

"RAWR! Aga Igana!" Stitch roared again as he charged Twilight once more, his body rolled up into a ball as he darted towards his opponent.

"Oh no you don't!" Twilight yelled as she quickly blocked the attack, knocking Stitch off-balance. The blue dog spun off her keyblade as he then landed on his head, stunning him. He's down! she thought as she ran up to fallen dog. I gotta do what Miss Hope said the keyblade can do. I have to get rid of that darkness. Seeing this small window of Stitch being stunned, Twilight pointed the blade directly at the dog. A small light began to shine at the tip of the blade as Twilight could feel energy surging into the sword. "I hope Miss Hope was right about this. Please let this work!"


A few months ago...

"Transferring Light? The keyblade can do that?"

"Yes." Radiant Hope nodded. "Your keyblade is one of Light. Therefore, it can transfer light into other beings."

"Other...beings? You mean things that aren't ponies?"

"Indeed. Any species can be infected with darkness Twilight. though that also qualifies ponies as well." Radiant clapped her hooves, causing an orb to appear in the room. There, the object soon began to show several images. "Look within the orb Twilight, it will show you the process."

"Okay." Twilight followed her instructions as she watched a pony with a keyblade in the orb shoot out a small beam of light from the tip of her blade. The filly was instantly fascinated as she watched the Light easily fly through the sky and into the heart of another pony that was obviously under the control of Darkness. "Wow...that's amazing!"

"I agree." Radiant chuckled as she pointed to Twilight. "And you'll be able to do that too."

"Cool..." Twilight replied before a certain thought hopped into her head. "Say, why couldn't I do that with Trixie earlier?"

"Hmm? Well...let's just say that Trixie didn't need Light in that circumstance."

"She didn't?"

"No." Radiant shook her head. "She already had the Light in her heart. In that instance, she just needed to use the Light, she didn't need more of it."

"Oh...I guess that makes sense." Twilight replied before scratching her head in slight confusion. "This keyblade stuff can be really hard to understand."

"I know." Radiant giggled as she patted Twilight on the back. "But you'll get it in time. Just like when you need to transfer Light, you'll know what to do."

"Okay!"


The Present...

"Please let this work!" Twilight yelled as the tip of the blade shined, quickly shooting a beam of light into Stitch. The light devoured the dog, quickly dispersing the dark aura surrounding the dog. The dog let out a screeching roar, causing Twilight and Lilo to cover their ears. After a few seconds, the light vanished around Stitch, leaving only the same blue dog, complete and without the dark aura.

"Whoa, what was that?" Lilo asked as she saw her dog just sit there in a confused daze. "He calmed down. What did you do Twilight?"

"I just...got rid of the darkness. At least, I think I did..." Twilight replied as she rubbed her chin in thought. Huh. Why do I feel like this is too easy?

"Well, I'm just glad he's okay." Lilo said as she walked up to him. "Hey Stitch, are you gonna summon any more of those mutant things?"

"Gaba?" Stitch replied, still in a confused daze.

"I guess not." Lilo said as she hugged the dog. "Thank goodness you're okay." She then stared at Twilight with a smile. "And thank you Twilight." Twilight gave a small nod in response.

"Ga...ba." Stitch said before slightly returning the hug. He didn't know why he did, he just felt something different is all. Like a weight had been lifted off of him. He released the hug and walked over to Twilight. "Igabatheth."

"Uh...you're welcome? Say, are you okay?" Twilight asked as she tried to pet him.

"Gah." Stitch nodded before then walking up and hugging Twilight. "Ighabe."

"Huh?" Twilight gasped, surprised by the dog that was three-fourths her size suddenly hugging her. After a second, she hugged back, a small smile on her face. "You're welcome Stitch."

"Yeah..." Lilo went up and petted her dog as he let go of the keybearer. "Say, why was Stitch doing that? You know, the whole monster summoning thing?"

"Somepony tampered with his heart." Twilight replied as she watched the blue dog walk back up to Lilo, sitting beside her before falling asleep from exhaustion. "Has he always been like that since you got him?"

"Um...I think so." Lilo said as she petted her now sleeping pet. "I saw him show a little of that dark thing earlier at the pound but...it didn't summon monsters back then."

"I see...that's not good." Twilight replied, tapping her foot while she thought, So...his heart was manipulated before he met her. If that's the case, where's the real target? Where's the Servant's pawn?

"Don't make another move!" yelled a voice behind Twilight. She turned around, only to see a wide four-eyed individual along with an one-eyed individual behind him. The four-eyed one was wielding a large cartoonish looking gun, pointed directly at the keybearer. "Step away from my experiment."

"Experiment?" Twilight asked, confused. She then turned to Stitch, who was still unconscious on the ground. "Wait a minute...you don't mean him, do you?"

"That's right. I, Jumba Jokeba created that little monstrosity." He let out a laugh as he pointed at Stitch and then back at Twilight. "He is my greatest creation, which you have somehow knocked unconscious. Now, I must retrieve him and get this silly notion of being with that little girl away from him."

"Hey! He's my dog!" Lilo barked back before the gun was then pointed at her, causing her to shut up.

"Be quiet little girl! Experiment 626 is no pet! He is a new species I have created to be a super evil weapon! Ahahaha!"

"Weapon?" Twilight replied as she remembered how the dog began to love the girl after his heart was freed. "Are you sure about that?"

"What do you mean?"

"I hate to say it, but your 'experiment' looked like it just wants to be with others." Twilight looked at the dog with a sad, yet caring face. "Maybe he just wants a friend?"

"HA! Impossible!" Jumba laughed back. "He has no actual feelings, just destructive instincts I have carefully chosen for him!" He then pointed the gun back at Twilight. It was here that Twilight saw another sight that bothered her. Jumba had a small dark aura surrounding him. It was much smaller than Stitch's but still dangerous. However, this didn't exactly matter as much as Jumba had readied the gun's trigger. "And perhaps you need a demonstration as to why he is coming with me!"


Meanwhile...

"Augh!" Party Favor yelled as he grabbed his chest, his breathing becoming irregular from the sudden pain gripping his body. He fell to his knees as the pain continued to swell. "What in the...no! It can't be!" He closed his eyes, trying to figure out what just happened, only to feel a small sensation of Light. "Light...that experiment...it got freed from the Darkness with Light. That means, the keybearer is here!"

Slowly releasing his chest, a small dark flame flickered in his palm as he raised his hand up to his face. Have to...contact Servant. he thought as pain flew through his body again. "Servant. Can you hear me?!" he panted, his voice shaking.

"I can Party Favor. Go ahead."

"The experiment. It...it's heart. It's heart was-"

"Let me guess." The Servant interrupted. "The keybearer restored it's heart, didn't she?"

"Yes." Party Favor nodded as a small drop of blood went down his lips. "I believe so."

"Very well, if that's the case..." The Servant cricked it's head as a small snort flew out it's nostrils. "You are still in contact with the other being that also had evil in their heart, correct?"

"Yes. The one called Gantu, the giant fish-like creature. He hates the experiment." Party coughed, his eyes fully covered in the dark mist as he tried to keep talking to The Servant. "I believe...he could be used."

"Good. Remember Party, you are unable to become an apprentice of darkness. Your will is too weak." The Servant commanded as the dark flame allowing for communication flickered. "Remember you are just a pawn under my control. You can only use so much darkness before your heart goes out."

"Yes Servant. I am just a pawn. I will not fail you or use too much darkness." Party droned in a monotone voice.

"Good. You understand well. Now, here are your new instructions..."

Some time later...

"Grand councilwoman, may I have a moment of your time?" Party Favor said in a low, raspy voice as he approached the green-humanoid alien. His coat's hood covered most of his face as he stumbled into the room, his feet shifting left and right. He had still not recovered from the pain of losing his pawn. It seemed losing that bit of darkness was almost too much for his body.

"Hmm? Ah. Party Favor, is it?" the woman spoke back as she turned around. "May I ask why you keep that large black coat on? Surely it must be hot in here while wearing that."

"Its fine." Party replied, slightly coughing afterward. "I have a proposition for you over the situation of Experiment 626."

"The experiment?" she said with a cocked eyebrow. "My agent and the scientist just arrived on that planet. The mission has just started for them. Why would you ask a proposition for such a thing?"

"Heh heh heh. That's simple." Party chuckled as the large fish alien known as Captain Gantu walked into the room. The councilwoman instantly saw that something was off. Darkness had taken residence of Gantu's eyes. However, before she could say anything, Party spoke up again as a dark aura surrounded his hand. In mere seconds, she could no longer speak as an aura covered her mouth. "Now councilwoman, as my last use of what little power I have...you will let me and Gantu go to this world where Experiment 626 went. You will let us go there...and be allowed to do whatever we want."

Author's Note:

We never got an explanation as to why Sora just instinctively knew that the keyblade could shoot out key beams. I didn't want Twilight to be like that so...I decided to do that little flashback. Also, this Stitch, you'll notice that he's more like the one in Birth By Sleep. I did it that way due to...making it easier to write and make it make more sense in the long run.

I also wanted to characterize Maud a little more in this, I felt she would be...underused if I didn't at least show that she is both loyal to the WRO and her family, even if they are different sides of the spectrum.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next