• Published 18th Apr 2016
  • 2,746 Views, 40 Comments

Godzilla and Gamera: The Return of Iris - Godzilla2020



Iris rises again to wreak havoc on mankind but must find a new host. Now only Godzilla and Gamera can save the world from Iris's wrath.

  • ...
3
 40
 2,746

Clash! Godzilla vs Iris

Sunset Shimmer tossed in her bed moaning in her sleep. Her eyes twitched as sweat ran down her face.

"Their lying to you." A voice called out to her in a whisper, "They hate you everyone hates you."

Sunset Shimmer woke up screaming. She looked around no one was there it was just a dream. She was slow to move out of bed one of the draw backs about using massive amounts of magic it leaves the body feeling like it was running a marathon. Today was probably a good day to stay in bed for a little while. She grabbed the remote off of her counter.

"Come on TV you're my only hope." Sunset said hoping for something to forget last night and her bad dream. The buzz of the TV began to light up her room. She began to flip threw each channel as it came on a bored expression her face. Finally she stopped on the news sighing to her self. She recognized the image if the beach on the screen but what she didn't recognize the destroyed buildings along the docks. Sunset began to turn up the volume as the Anchorwoman was still talking.

"Many on the docks claim to have seen what can best be described as a giant mon....." The reporter looked at her camera man with a face that read are you serious, "A giant monster was swimming in the ocean."

A bystander on the beach stood next to her a man in chef's hat who was covered in sprinkles, "It was huge I'd never seen anything like it! Just look what it did to my shop." He pointed out to the destroyed donut stand glass littered the ground along with hints of rubble on the ground.

"Do have any idea where this so called 'monster' is now?" The reporter asked.

"No idea it just came out of the water and then just disappeared. It could be any where."

The camera panned back to the Anchorwoman as she held the mike back up to her face, "Well that isn't the only bit of strangeness coming from last night. Apparently the students at Canterlot High School put on quite the Fall Formal with an amazing light show. Ranging from the school all the way out to Everfree Park."

Sunset face palmed herself remembering her transformation from last night.

"How was I not arrested for that?" She thought to herself but then another thought occurred to her, "Did she say lights from Everfree Park? But that's impossible I was now where near that place."

The fatigue she felt earlier was beginning to disappear as her curiosity began to build. She looked out into her window looking at the mountains far from the town. Sunset began to pull out a map of the city that connected all the way back to town. It was covered in bad drawings she made of the Princesses.

"Let's see the school is here and I saw those shooting stars went both here and here." Her tongue stuck out as she began to draw lines out connecting to the city and mountains, "That's exactly where each star flew off to."

She held up the map to her wall taking a close look at it, "Shooting stars and giant monsters. Last night really was crazy." She smiled grabbing her favorite jacket from her chair, "Time for an investigation!"

...............
Below the Ocean
................
50,000 tons of kaiju touched down on the seafloor a massive black hand cracked its fingers as it's owner snarled. Godzilla was beyond confused first he was fighting a killer squid God now he's back in the ocean. Not to mention those humans he saw earlier something about them wasn't right. He wasn't near any cities during his fight he was on an island and why where they all multicolored? Maybe Gamera will know. Godzilla's head sprung up at a certain thought. Where's Gamera?

Godzilla called out under the water scaring the local fish population. There was no answer. He snorted out of his nose blue flames coming out of his nostrils. Great know he has to find a giant turtle.

"Your friend is nearby." A calm female voice echoed through his head.

Godzilla spun around looking for who was calling out to him he could feel the mental tug going through his head. Was that Mothra's fairies? No they speak in unison. And it wasn't his Aunt Miki.

He called out again this time to the one who was calling him.

"My name isn't important but you must save this world Godzilla." The voice was still calming but he could tell she was desperate, "The monster you were fighting is still alive is preparing to conquer this world and then both of ours. Please I have nothing to offer you and I saw what this creature did to both you and your friend before being transported here. But I must ask you no I beg of you please save our worlds!"

Godzilla stood still as a statue having heard everything this person had asked of him. He didn't respond to her.

"I see.....I was asking to much of you." The voice called out to him again. This time he answered with a brutal snarl. The message was clear don't interrupt. He was concentrating he felt the flow of the water each wave pushing past his body, the air flowing above him, and movements of life. Godzilla was one with nature. His eyes snapped open and he could see two auras in front of him. One was an emerald green with hints of black swirling around it. Godzilla snarled recognizing Iris's aura he was moving slowly as if he was in search for something. He sensed another aura close to Iris but weaker.

Gamera! But why isn't he moving? Deal with it later Iris comes first.

Godzilla's eyes narrowed focusing in on his target he beat his tail down lifting off the ocean floor he began to swim forward.

"You're truly going to save these worlds?" The voice called out to him, "Thank you Godzilla! Don't worry about your friend I'll awaken him."

Godzilla rolled his eyes he was going to fight Iris worlds in the balance or not. Then he was going to shove his foot up Gamera's butt for sleeping on the job. And then he was going to finally get some lousy sleep! Is that so much to ask for?!

Godzilla arched his body and breached the surface he looked out far enough away where people wouldn't spot him. But close enough to get a view of land. The beach looked like it stretched out to mountain range 20 miles east of him. That's were Iris was coming from. In front was a large city that resembled New York. It would be faster to go through the city to and encounter Iris head on. But the last time he tried that he had a MOAB dropped on his head. Didn't hurt but he was received three of the biggest lectures of his life from his Aunt Miki, Mothra, and Gamera about stomping through cities. Long way it is then.

............
Town of Canterlot
............

Sunset walked down the street from her apartment building looking into her backpack. Inside of it contained a calculator, compasses, maps of the mountain range and other scientific objects. She was defiantly ready to search the mountains high and low for the meteors that fell last night. Her curiosity from last night was driving her to search for what was going on. If there was a monster lurking around it had to be from Equestria.

"But what do I when I find it?" Sunset said to herself caught up in thought. Her investigation was really just a cover to get away from herself. She sighed to herself looking up into the sky wondering if this really was a good idea. Suddenly a white Rabbit bounced up to her looking frantic trying to get around her but Sunset was able to catch it.

"Woah there little guy where are you going?" She held up the little rabbit as it tried to get of her hands.

"Angel!" A soft voice was calling out from behind a building corner. Fluttershy walked out looking around for her pet rabbit.

"Well that easy." Sunset said with a small laugh walking over to Fluttershy but she soon had to stop herself feeling a tugging in her heart.

-They hate you.- A familiar voice called out to her through the wind. Sunset looked into the window to see a demon smiling back at her. Sunset shook her head trying to clear it when her vision cleared the demon was gone only she remained in the mirror. Along with someone else.

"Hiyah!" Pinkie Pie said appearing out of nowhere. Sunset nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Pinkie standing next to her. Pinkie just stood there with a smile.

"Where'd you come from!" Sunset yelled a little bit but she quickly lowered her voice as her heart began to slow down, "I mean Pinkie what are doing here?"

"Oh I was just helping Fluttershy take care of the animals in the pet store." Pinkie said.

"Angel there you are." Fluttershy ran up to both of them. Sunset gave up Angle to his owner as he was in the air Angel tried to make a break for it.

"Easy little guy." Sunset had to grasp Angel tighter as he struggled before Fluttershy took him in her arms.

"I'm sorry he's not normally like this." Fluttershy kept Angel in a tight hold trying to calm the small rabbit down to no success.

"Yeah usually he's a bit of meanie." Pinkie Pie pet him on the head but Angel payed no attention to it just focusing up on the green mountains across from town. Sunset noticed where he was looking out to she rubbed her chin not noticing the fact that Pinkie was going through her bag. "Woah what is all this stuff Sunset?" Pinkie was pulling out almost all of Sunset's stuff.

"It's just some equipment I may have borrowed from Professor Zecora." Sunset said yanking her bag away from Pinkie before ended up taking out everything.

"She really let you borrow this stuff?" Fluttershy asked.

"I would help around the lab everyday when school went out. Zecora said I could keep these to do some research at home. Now that I think about it was probably the only nice thing I've ever done." Sunset said with a sigh.

"That couldn't have been the only the thing." Fluttershy tried to cheer her up but Sunset's mood seemed to be unchangeable, "Well then can you help me at the pet store?"

Sunset nearly jumped at the chance to start at a chance to make new friends but quickly was able to restrain herself. She acted cool keeping herself held firm, "Well I was going up to the mountains for a little project but I think I can stay and help for little while."

"Thanks a lot we could really use the extra help." Fluttershy said with a smile.

"So what seems to be the problem?" Sunset asked.

"Um that would be...."
_______________________________________

",them." Fluttershy opened the door to her store to reveal the chaos that was going on inside. The animals were running around crazy ripping the small shop apart. The birds were flying in circles letting out high pitched chirps , the hamsters were running to the edge trying to claw their way out, and the cats were clung up in a group huddling together in fear.

"Oh boy." Sunset shoulder sunk down looking at the mess in front of her.

One hour of clean up and animal chasing later Sunset fell flat on her back huffing for breath. Fluttershy was wiping beads of sweat off her head and Pinkie Pie was still acting as hyper as ever checking in all of the animals. Sunset sat back up leaning on a counter she noticed one thing about all of the animals inside. They weren't just acting out they were afraid of something. Looks like her investigation is about to start early.

"Any idea when all this started?" Sunset asked.

"I think it was right after the Fall Formal I came to check on everyone and then there was a loud noise outside like an explosion." Fluttershy began to explain.

"Oh I heard that to!" Pinkie jumped in between them out nowhere, "I looked outside and saw these two giant fireworks in the sky. I just figured someone was throwing a big party. Could you believe that throwing a party without me! ME!"

"After that the animals all just started acting crazy like something was chasing them." Fluttershy continued on from Pinkie's ranting. Sunset was taking in both girls stories thinking things over. But before she could get a word in the doors to the pet store broke opened. Rainbow Dash, the coolest girl in school and the captain of almost every sports team in school, had a look of pure terror on her face.

"Fluttershy! I need your help fast." Rainbow Dash was shouting going straight for Fluttershy shaking her.

"What is it Rainbow Dash?" Fluttershy tried saying as Rainbow Dash shook her around.

"Just look for yourself!" Rainbow Dash pulled out her soccer bag unzipping it revealing a green tortoise shell inside it. Fluttershy looked carefully at it before looking back up at Rainbow.

"What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"What's Wrong! Just look at Tank he won't come out of his shell!" Rainbow yelled in directly into Fluttershy's ear. Rainbow held Tank up close to Fluttershy nearly jamming the him down her throat.

"That's normal for a tortoise to do." Fluttershy tried to explain.

"Not for Tank! That's something wrong with him. Now are you going to help me or not?!"

Fluttershy sighed not attempting to fight Rainbow Dash once she gets an idea in her head she never changed her mind. She took Tank over to a counter looking him over. Generally he was healthy but when she held a stethoscope to his heart it seemed to be beating 100 miles a minute. Sunset stood behind Fluttershy watching her exam Rainbow's pet. Rainbow Dash was pacing back and forth trying to figure out what was wrong with him.

"Hey Rainbow Dash has Tank always acted this way?" Sunset asked.

"No he just started doing this."

"Last night?" Sunset finished Rainbow's sentence for her beginning to put some pieces together.

"Yeah how did you know?"

"Call it a lucky hunch." Sunset showed Rainbow the other scared animals.

"What's up with them?" Rainbow looked closely at all of the animals in the room. Before Sunset could answer Applejack and Rarity more came into the pet store both of them shouting the same thing.

"Fluttershy I need your help! Hey I was here first! Stop copying me!"

"Um girls what's wrong?" Fluttershy asked causing both Rarity and Applejack to stop their mini fight. Applejack held up Winona and Rarity turned around to show that Opal had her claws dug into her back. Both pet's where shaking with fear.

"It's Winona."

"It's Opal."

"Let me guess they both started acting this way last night?" Sunset asked both of them.

"How'd you know?" Applejack asked.

"Lucky hunch." Rainbow Dash said showing Rarity and Applejack all of the animals inside.

"What's wrong with them?" Rarity said trying to pry Opal off her back.

"Didn't you guys see the news this morning?" Sunset looked to all of them only to receive confused glances back at her, "They were talking about a monster at the beach."

"A m-m-m-m-MONSTER!" Fluttershy was ready to jump out of her skin if Rainbow Dash hadn't scoffed off the idea.

"Come on everyone knows monster don't exist."

Sunset's eyelids lowered along with everyone else, "Did you forget I turned into a raging she demon last night."

"And the fact that all of us turned into ponies." Applejack bounced off of her.

"And that Sunset Shimmer tried to turn everyone into an army of unthinking zombies to take over another world." Pinkie Pie said but when she looked over to Sunset the girl was looking down on her self, "Oh sorry about that."

"Don't be I really messed last night." Sunset said with a sigh.

"Let's not focus on who did what." Rarity said with a smile, "Now I do believe you were telling us about a monster."

Sunset regained herself silently thanking Rarity, "Well in Equestria monsters are about as common as they come and last right after Twilight left I saw three shooting stars in the sky." Sunset her map out of her bag showing everyone the lines that connected were each star had fallen off to, "One went here right over the city and if I'm right it landed in the ocean were our supposed monster appeared."

"And where did the other two go?" Applejack asked looking at the lines Sunset drew noticing that they were close to her home.

"Well if I'm right they may have landed somewhere out in the mountains."

"That's close to my farm!" Applejack shouted worry evident in her voice, "But I didn't see anything last night."

"But did you hear anything?" Sunset asked.

Applejack thought for minute before she did remember hearing a sound the night before, "Yeah it sounded like fire works going off."

"That matches what Pinkie Pie said." Sunset looked out into the mountains narrowing her eyes, "Looks like that's were I'll start searching first."

"Wait your going up there alone?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Back home I would always go off to study the manticores and watch the dragon migrations. This can't be any different." Sunset began to pack her stuff away ready to go but Applejack stopped her.

"Well it will be this time sugar cue." Applejack said with Rainbow Dash smiling behind her.

"Yeah this time we're coming along." Rainbow Dash said ready for some fun.

"I've been looking for an excuse to break out my new hiking clothes that I designed." Rarity said.

"Do all of us have to go I mean maybe one of can stay here and look after all the cute little animals." Fluttershy was shaking behind the a counter but Pinkie Pie was already pulling her along.

"Come on Fluttershy you love animals and that's all that monsters are." Pinkie said but Fluttershy was holding on to the counter with a death grip.

"You guys wanna come with me?" Sunset asked.

"I many times do I have to keep saying this," Applejack playfully flicked Sunset in the head, "we're friends now. And friends always stick together."

................
Mountain Range
..............

Iris stood in the forest like a statue the power he was searching for was on the move again. He needed time to gather his thoughts. There was something strange about his situation he just couldn't figure out what it was. The hatred in the world was incredibly low not like how it was during his first reign. It was impossible for it to fade in the short time since his death.

His head snapped up. Something was coming Iris turned to the east he could sense a strong power source headed his way. It wasn't Gamera but something as strong as him. It was also a swirling pool of different emotions hatred, rage, despair they were strongest swelling up inside of it. This could be a worthy source of food for the God. If he were to absorb it then Gamera fall to him. His tentacles began to split apart revealing four translucent blue wings. Iris took off into the sky chasing off to meet his prey.

..............
Beach area close to the mountain ranges
.............

Godzilla rose from the ocean looking around for signs of life. Looks like he's alone good. He stomped onto the sandy beach his body was already tense. Something was wrong it was to quiet here. The birds weren't chirping like they were all hiding from something. He snarled cracking his nothing he could sense Iris's presence but not he couldn't see him. There was a shift in the wind bringing in a smell of all that was near him. The smell of the trees, the salt in the air, and death!

The air around Godzilla spilt apart when a sonic ray shot straight toward him. He dodged but the ray still managed to pierce his shoulder. He roared in pain clutching his bleeding shoulder he looked up to see his attacker. Iris touched down on the beach letting out a shriek when he saw Godzilla. Godzilla let out his own earth shaking roar. His muscles and bones had already regenerated Godzilla back spines flashed before letting out his atomic breath.

Iris raised his tentacles up smacking away Godzilla's attack into the ocean causing the water to explode on impact. He looked over to Godzilla moaning as the king of monster began to circle around him. Iris remembered Godzilla being there with Gamera on the island. Even then his power was astounding. He made make for excellent power source. Then he would skin this monster alive.

Godzilla watched as both Iris and his tentacles if he took his eyes off either then he would have more than a hole in his shoulder. When compared to size Godzilla only came up to the demon kaiju's chest and when compared to looks Iris was easily topping Hedorah as the weirdest looking monster he's ever fought. Other kaiju would be intimidated just by the sight of this creature. But a lesson his father taught him was playing over and over again in his head. The bigger they are the harder you fight.

Godzilla struck a battle pose roaring a challenge at Iris. They both began to size each other up. Time slowed for both monsters before they both charged forward colliding in an earth shatter slam. The death match was on.

Author's Note:

Cue the fight song!

Godzilla is owned by Toho co. ltd.
Gamera and Iris are owned by Daiei
MLP is owned by Hasbro
Song owned by Konami

Next time
Guardian of the Universe