• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 691 Views, 8 Comments

Adventure Muffin! - Jake Witt



You lost your last life. All of your past memories are returning as you become the most powerful being in existence! ...a muffin. This is a game of survival with only one obvious answer. How far will you go before you dislike?

  • ...
 8
 691

Death

You are a pony, but not just any pony. ...or you was a pony. Unicorn? Pegasus? Earth? Maybe you were Crystal? You don't know many things. One... or two? Two names stick with you from your most recent lives, but they're a bit... You can't describe this feeling. Well, you've died of old age before, but... it never felt like this.

Blurry Sash? Is that your name? It is now.

Normally when Blurry dies, it witnesses Death in his many forms escort their fearing form then you remember your deaths and a brief history of your past lives. Now, there's no Death. No calcium or scythe of him anywhere.

"It seems you have many questions, do you not?" a voice calls from... somewhere? nowhere? ...everywhere?

The fact that you remember the many languages and how different species used the same word for completely different verbs or nouns confuse you to no bounds. ...so is remembering your past lives to their fullest very, very slowly.

You reply, but no words are heard. Just understanding.

"You are confused?" the vaguely familiar voice asks.

Yes. Indeed, you are confused and you want answers. Who owns this voice?!

The voice focused herself to one spot even though no words are being said. You just... know. What comes out of a flash of light is THAT PONY... Aunt Luna! Princess Luna? VicePrinciple Luna as a pony? "Hello, Flurry Heart."

You didn't hear her. Instead, you question why you love and hate her beyond reasoning. It's like killing a puppy. It's cute, but it's also food- I KILLED A PUPPY?! I'M A MONSTER... A rather fine looking one. Wait, I'm just a glowing ball... am I still pretty?

"FLURRY HEART!!" Luna cries, her hooves covering ears. You are glad she didn't use her infamous "Royal Canterlot screech/whinny/voice."

Around you both are what resembles old rolls of film, unrolled and playing the lives of parents, a cancer patient, simple insects, ugly yet cute abominations, and so on. You feel a pang as your most recent name has been called. Flurry... Heart...?

All of the films retract into the darkness... all but one. From tiny pink hooves hugging Big Pink Fluffy (Now known as Pinkie Pie's face) to taking a stray laser to the heart, provided by her... My former student. But that wasn't what killed you. Being buried alive for the first and last time... not fun. You wish your undead form would rise, but your realist side knows that would be impossible without a necromancer.

You 'look' back at Luna... but she appears to be focused on the image of your bloodied hooves and useless, broken horn clawing at the dark coffin.

"Buried alive? Flurry..." She is crying. It obvious, despite her back to you. ...eyes up.

You want to hug her in joy just as much as you want to slit her throat and drink her blood. You are a messed up... it.

She turns to you, eyes red yet a fake smile is forced on her face, "I can tell I'm not welcome." She stepped a little closer, but never touched your soul. "You are neigh dead nor alive. You are not pure enough for the straight and narrow and you are too good for True Tartarus."

She hovers over to something. There's no up or down so it might as well be her changing where she stood in a room. You adjust yourself so she doesn't look upside-down.

A scroll materialized briefly before she continues. "Even if you did go there, Lucifer would just toss you out... again, it seems."

Best Yo Momma joke in existence and you had to forget. You might remember soon.

"I'm not going to ask how you made the Devil himself cry, but it doesn't matter. Purgatory is a myth and if it wasn't, you would be the only one living there." She walks below you, ending up standing horizontally. "So now, you have a job from the creator. Basically, you will be given a random form with the powers almost as powerful as the creator himself."

None of that makes any sense. Couldn't you use that power to choose what you become?

"I can understand giving you a new form that never ends, but giving you that much power is fairly ludicrous." A hole in reality opens up as a bright light interrupts the dark. "Good luck my dear niece!"

You happy curse back at her... not entirely regretting every word that was understood towards her.

Luna gives you a confused look as your vision fades to white.

NEXT