• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 2,269 Views, 36 Comments

Hidden Shadow - SilverPassion



Luna's biggest past mistake comes back along with King Sombra.

  • ...
1
 36
 2,269

Prolouge

It was another boring day in Ponyville, and Twilight Sparkle was rummaging through her books as usual, she was looking for a new spell to practice. Ever since Starlight Glimmer disappeared, things have become rather quiet. There were no incidents needing Twilight and her friends to solve, and there hasn't even been any friendship issues lately, since the cutie map hasn't called on any of the mares. There was also a lack of friendship reports sent to Celestia, from every day to weekly to monthly. It's not that Twilight forgot about the letters, like last time, it's just that there was nothing to take about. She and the other five have learned so much over the years of experiencing and learning about friendship not for themselves, but for Ponyville and maybe even all of Equestria. Does this mean that all of Equestria has found peace? Not that it was a problem, but it made things kind of hollow, like something was missing.

"No new spells to learn", Twilight said as she gently closed the book with a bored sigh, she puts it back in its original place and walked from her castle library.

She heads to the throne room, being careful not to step over the sleeping Spike, who fell asleep on the floor. Once there, she spots the cutie map, sits in her chair with her cutie mark on it, and stared at the cutie map. A long silence, and Twilight waited patiently, it's not like she had anything better to do. Twilight put her head in her arms and lied head down on the cutie map.

At Sugar Cube Corner, Pinkie Pie and Rarity just finished making her tenth batch of cupcakes, it was a big order for a party that was scheduled tomorrow, and of course everypony was going to be there. Pinkie took the cupcakes out of the oven and place them on top of the stove to let them cool, and she went to prepare the rest of the cupcakes. She grabs a plate of vanilla cupcakes and places them on a cake stand. She grabs a piping bag and starts to decorate the cupcakes with all sorts of colorful icings and sprinkles. Since the "Starlight Incident", as Pinkie dubbed it, she's been able to spend more time with the baby cakes and even her pet alligator Gummy.

After Pinkie finished all the cupcakes and other sweets, she and Rarity then started decorating Sugar Cube Corner as the party was scheduled there, so both mares wanted everything to be perfect. Pinkie even made sure to bring her party cannons for that extra dazzle, to bring up everyponys spirits from the boring days in Ponyville.

"Be careful with the confetti, Pinkie", said the annoyed Rarity, as she quickly tries to brush off the confetti in her mane with her hoof.

"Oops! Sorry Rarity", Pinkie replied with giggle. She was shoving confetti into one of her party cannons, and there was already a bunch of it all over the floor.

"Ugh!" Rarity grunted. "I don't see how you can plan parties in this mess." Rarity was tying beautiful multicolored ribbons to hang on the doors and walls of Sugar Cube Corner.

"Oh Rarity, it's not that bad, you'll get used to it". Pinkie smiled and shrugged nonchalantly. "Besides, i'm sure you'd rather be here that at Sweet Apple Acres bucking apples with Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy".

Rarity cringed. She knew that she didn't want to go out and buck apples. That would result in getting her mane dirty and she would be covered in dirt and mud.

"That is true, I suppose". Rarity said, defeated.

"Maybe their having fun"! Pinkie was bouncing in the air repeatedly

"Sure." Rarity said, completely uninterested and she returned in decorating.

At the farm, Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were gathering apples for the party. Applejack had planned to use some of the apples to make all types of apple pastries cider and other sweets. Rainbow helped Applejack bucked the apples out of the tree, while Fluttershy was gently hoofpicking them from the branches.

"Hooo Whee"! "That should be enough apples for the party", Applejack says while whipping away sweat from her forehead with her hoof.

"Thank y'all fer helpin".

"It's not a problem, Applejack," replied Fluttershy, in her soft voice. She put two apples in a large barrel and descended to the ground.

"No problem", came Rainbow Dash. "I just know that this party is gonna be awesome"!!

"Heh, no doubt about that," replied the cowpony.

"Anyway, we should head in, it's getting dark". Rainbow Dash yawned with her arms stretched out.

"Yer right, Dash. Let's pack up the apples and call it a day". Aj said

"Okay", came Fluttershy.

The three mares started putting apples in barrels, chatting about how fun the party will be. As the sun sets, the three ponies return to their homes, all waiting for the next day to come.

Author's Note:

Okay, so far so good for my first story. It may be a bit slow in the beginning, but it will get better, I promise.
:pinkiecrazy: