• Published 7th Apr 2016
  • 2,736 Views, 24 Comments

The Seal - Shadow Kick



Dartz has unleashed the Seal of Orichalcos upon the girls, their friends, and some old enemies.

  • ...
9
 24
 2,736

Twilight's Fury

After the event at the mall, the girls all headed to Fluttershy’s house.

“This is crazy!” said Sunset. “Now these girls are running around and turning our friends against us!”

“We have to do something!” cried Applejack.

“We can’t do anything until tomorrow,” said Rarity. “So I suggest, we all head home and get an early start in the morning.”

What the girls didn’t know is that once again, Snips and Snails were listening in on their conversation.

“Did you hear that?” asked Snips.

“Yeah, my stomaching is growling,” answered Snails.

“No!” said Snips. “They’re going to that Paradias place.”

“Oh yeah,” said Snails. “Still, I wonder how Flash got so good.”

“I bet we’ll find out there,” said Snips.


Meanwhile, atop a building near the mall, Flash Sentry was yelling at Sonata and Adagio.

“What was that for?” asked Flash. “I could have finished off Shimmer, until you girls ruined everything!”

“You are such an idiot,” said Adagio.” “Sonata saved your soul and this is how you repay her?!”

“I didn’t asked to be saved,” said Flash.

“Then next time, we’ll just let you lose,” said Adagio.

“Calm down, Adagio,” said Sonata.

“You have no idea the danger you were in,” said Adagio.

“What?” asked Flash.

“That Hermos card that Shimmer played, was a legendary dragon,” said Adagio. “And it’s one of the only forces that can beat the Orichalcos.”

“I still could have beaten her,” said Flash. “And that’s just what I’m gonna do. Then Twilight’s next.” Flash then hopped on one of the girl’s bikes. “Later, gals.”

“Hey! That’s mine!” said Sonata.

But Flash was already too far away.

“I have to stop him,” said Sonata.

“Forget about him,” said Adagio. “Let’s focus on the Princess, we should capture the strongest soul first. Once she’s out of the way, the others will be easy pickings.”

“But how do you know the Princess will duel?” asked Sonata.

“Because my plan is already in motion,” said Adagio. “It’s only a matter of time.”


Back at the island fortress, Dartz was preparing for a soul offering.

“The time draws near, great Leviathan,” said Dartz. “With every soul you receive, your power grows stronger. Soon you will unleash your rage upon mankind, and we'll finish what we began so long ago. ”


Twilight had decided to spend the night at Sci-Twi’s apartment. But that night the two Twilights couldn’t sleep.

“Can I tell you something?” asked Sci-Twi.

“Sure,” said Twilight.

“I’m completely petrified,” Sci-Twi admitted. “Maybe even more than Fluttershy.”

“I know, I know,” said Twilight. “We’ll all a little scared. But as long as we stick together, we can handle anything.”

“I just wish I was more used to this like the rest of you,” said Sci-Twi. “You guys are like veterans at the whole dark magic thing. I’ve only been through this once, and I still have no idea what the heck happened.”

“Don’t worry,” said Twilight. “They may have all that dark magic, but we carry in us the most powerful magic of all, the power of friendship. I’ve dealt with all kinds of monsters in my world, and our friendship powers always came out on top. The magic on friendship is inside all of us, and with our combined forces and these dragons, there’s no way we can lose.”

Sci-Twi seemed to relax a little.

“By the way,” said Twilight. “How did you manage to absorb all that Equestrian magic?”

“With this,” Sci-Twi pulled out her old spectrometer. “Once I found out about the strange energy at Canterlot High, I built this device to track and contain the magic, so I could study it.”

“Wow, impressive,” said Twilight.

“Thanks,” said Sci-Twi. “Hey, you just gave me an idea. If this device can absorb magic, maybe we can absorb some of their Orichalcos power and somehow use it against them.”

“Good thinking,” said Twilight.

“Thanks,” said Sci-Twi. "I still can’t believe I’m talking to myself.”

“You and me both,” said Twilight.

A couple hours later, both girls were asleep, but then Sci-Twi heard a voice singing. She rose from her bed, walked out of her room and began to follow it.

Twilight then woke up. “Twi? Where are you going?”

“That voice, it’s so pretty,” said Sci-Twi in a hypnotized tone.

“She’s in some kind of trance.” Twilight realized. She put on her clothes and followed her doppelganger.

“It’s coming from the roof,” said Sci-Twi.

Twilight blocked her path. “Don’t follow that voice! It might be a trap!”

“I can’t help it,” said Sci-Twi. She flipped Twilight out of the way and ran up the stairs toward the top of the building.

“Wait, Twi!” called Twilight.

Once the two girls were on the roof, the door slammed shut.

“What the?” asked Twilight. She looked back and there was Adagio.

“Hey, Princess,” said Adagio. “It’s been a while.”

“Release my friend from your spell!” demanded Twilight.

“Sure, she doesn’t interest me anyway,” said Adagio. She snapped her fingers and released Sci-Twi’s mind.

“What happened?” asked Sci-Twi.

She lured us up here,” answered Twilight.

“Indeed I did,” said Adagio. “You see, my friends might be satisfied with taking the souls of your friends, but I’m after the soul of the Princess herself.”

“Twi, go get the phone and call the others,” ordered Twilight.

“Right,” replied Sci-Twi. But she couldn’t open the door. “It’s locked!”

“Of course,” said Adagio. “Since you’re basically trapped up here, why don’t we just get this over with?”

“Fine, you leave me no choice,” said Twilight. “Twi, get to a safe distance.”

“Okay, good luck!” called Sci-Twi.

“Oh, you’ll need a lot more than luck to beat me,” said Adagio.

“Let’s duel!” said Adagio and the Princess.

Adagio: LP 4000
Twilight: LP 4000

Turn 1: Adagio

“I’ll go first,” said Adagio. “I set a monster in defense mode and place one card face down.”

Turn 2: Twilight

“Here goes,” said Twilight. “I summon Charioteer of Prophecy and I’ll attack your face down monster!”

“Sorry Princess,” said Adagio. “But my Diva’s DEF is too powerful. Behold, Tamtam the Melodious Diva.”(ATK 1000/DEF 2000)

“Darn,” said Twilight. “I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Adagio: LP 4000
Twilight: LP 3800

Snips and Snails were just walking around the neighborhood, when they heard something going on the roof of Sci-Twi’s apartment.

“What’s going on up there?” asked Snails.

“Don’t know,” said Snips. “Let’s find out.”

“How?” asked Snails.

“We’ll use the fire escape,” said Snips, and the boys began climbing.

Turn 3: Adagio

“Back to me,” said Adagio. “I play Polymerization to fuse my Shopina the Melodious Maestra and Soprano the Melodious Songstress, along with my Tamtam to form Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir! And my Prima gets 300 extra ATK points for each monster I used to fuse her. I used three, so she gains 900 extra. (Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir 1900 – 2800) Bloom Prima, attack her Charioteer!”

“Dang,” said Twilight.

Adagio: LP 4000
Twilight: LP 2800

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” said Adagio.

Snips and Snails had finally reached the top.

“Twilight’s dueling,” said Snips.

“Let’s hide and watch,” said Snails.

Turn 4: Twilight

“My turn,” said Twilight. “I reveal my trap, The First Monarch. This card can special summon itself to the field as a monster with 1000 ATK and 2400 DEF points. Now, I discard one card (Gift of the Martyr) and declare one attribute, then this trap monster will be treated as the attribute I declare. I choose Light, now whenever I want to tribute summon a Light monster, this trap card’s effect treats it as two tributes. Now I sacrifice my First Monarch in order to summon The World of Prophecy. In attack mode. Now, attack her Bloom Prima!”

“I don’t think so!” yelled Adagio. “I activate Threatening Roar! There goes your attack.”

“Oh well, I place one card face down and end my turn,” said Twilight.

Turn 5: Adagio

“Now where was I?” asked Adagio as she drew he card. “Oh yeah, I was about to seal away your soul. It’s the only way to supply the great beast with enough energy to wipe you humans. But why talk about it? When I just destroy you right now, I activate Minor Goblin Official. Here’s how it works, since your life points are under 3000, this will life 500 points of damage to you during your standby phase. Also, I think I’ll play Smashing Ground to destroy your World of Prophecy

“Oh no,” said Twilight.”

“Don’t give up!” called Sci-Twi.

“Bloom Diva, attack the Princess directly!” ordered Adagio.

“I activate my trap,” said Twilight. “Waboku!”

“Shoot,” said Adagio. “I place a face down and end my turn.”

“Looks like we didn’t miss much,” said Snips.

“Yeah, I just wish we had cards like that,” said Snails.

On the sidelines, Sci-Twi felt something in her pocket. “My cell phone, duh! I can’t believe I forgot I had it this whole time! I have to call the girls!”


At Sunset’s house, her phone rang. “Who could be calling at this hour?” she asked, half asleep. She picked up the phone. “Hello?”

“Sunset, you’ve got to help us!!” begged Sci-Twi.

“What going on?” asked Sunset.

“One of the Dazzlings trapped Twilight and I up here on her roof of my apartment,” said Sci-Twi. “Now Twilight and this girl are dueling.”

“Don’t worry, I’m on my way!” said Sunset. She then called the other girls.

Once the girls arrived, they rushed to the top and found the door to the roof.

“Dang! It’s locked!” said Sunset.

“Let me try,” said Rainbow. She rammed her shoulder into the door, but it didn’t budge.


Turn 6: Twilight

“My move,” said Twilight.

“Did you forget about my trap?” asked Adagio. “You lose 500 points. Looks like you’re in over your head, Princess.”

Adagio: LP 4000
Twilight: LP 2300

“This is better than Jaws 3!” said Snails.

“Shut up,” said Snips.

“I play Pot of Greed,” said Twilight. “So I draw two cards. Yes! I summon Temperance of Prophecy, then I’ll activate Spellbook Library of the Crescent. Since I don’t have any Spellbook spell card sin my graveyard, this card lets me select 3 Spellbook cards from my deck, then you randomly select one, and that card will go to my hand. (Twilight selects Spellbook of Secrets, Spellbook of the Master, and Spellbook of Power) Okay Adagio, take your pick.”

“I choose the middle card,” said Adagio.

“Cool,” said Twilight. “You chose my Spellbook of the Master, I’ll save that for later. Now, thanks to my Temperance’s effect, I can special summon a level five or higher Light or Dark Spellcaster from my deck. I choose Dark Magician Girl! Then I’ll play The Eye of Timaeus!”

“No! Not that!” cried Adagio.

“Timaeus!” called Twilight. “Fuse with my Dark Magician Girl to form, Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight!”

“Whoa, didn’t see that coming,” said Snips.

“She always gets what she needs,” said Snails. “Why doesn’t that happen to us?”

“Now, I activate my Knight’s effect!” called Twilight. “By discarding a card from my hand, (Wheel of Prophecy) I can destroy your monster.”

“I don’t think so,” said Adagio. “I activate My Body as a Shield, by paying 1500 life points, my monster isn’t destroyed.”

Adagio: LP 2500
Twilight: LP 2300

“Wow,” said Twilight. “I guess I end my turn.”

Turn 7: Adagio

“I activate Card of Demise, this lets me draw three cards,” said Adagio. “First I’ll place one card face down, then I’ll activate Exchange.”

“What are you up to?” asked Twilight.

“This lets us swap a card from our hands,” said Adagio. “But as you can see, we both have only one card, so I hope you enjoy my gift.”

“Whatever,” said Twilight. “Let’s get this over with.”

“Oh yeah, your Spellbook of the Master,” said Adagio. “Here, this card will serve you well.”

“Yeah right,” said Twilight. She then looked at the given card and gasped. “What?! The Seal of Orichalcos?! Why did you give me this?”

“What?!” cried Sci-Twi.

“I didn’t feel like playing it today,” said Adagio. “Besides, I thought you’d be happy to be given such a powerful card. That card will almost guarantee your victory.”

“No matter what happens, please don’t play card, Princess,” begged Sci-Twi.

Turn 8: Twilight

“Don’t worry, Twi,” said Twilight. “I’m not stupid. My move.”

“Don’t forget!” interrupted Adagio. “You lose 500 more points.”

Adagio: LP 2500
Twilight: LP 1800

“So what?” asked Twilight. “I activate my knight’s effect. By discarding a card, (Stoic of Prophecy) I can destroy your monster.”

“Sorry, Princess,” said Adagio. “I activate Crystal Seal!”

Twilight’s knight was frozen in ice. “What have you done?” asked Twilight.

“This is a one of a kind trap,” said Adagio. “It freezes your monster, so it can’t be tributed, attack, change battle position, or use its effects. Plus, if this monster is the only monster on your field, I can attack you directly. And the best part is, this trap cannot be destroyed by other card effects.”

“No,” said Twilight in a defeated tone.

“There is one way to set your dragon free,” said Adagio. “Increase its ATK power, like with the Seal.”

“She’s trying to get you to play the Seal!” yelled Sci-Twi. “Don’t do it! You’d be putting your soul on the line!”

“I know,” said Twilight. “But that maybe the only way to save my monster.”

“Please, don’t do it!” said Sci-Twi.

“Alright,” said Twilight. “Thanks to my Stoic of Prophecy, I get to add a level three Prophecy monster to my hand. I choose Amores of Prophecy, and I’ll summon him in defense mode. I end my turn.”

Turn 9: Adagio

“I know she wants to play the Seal, I can see it in her eyes,” thought Adagio. “I summon Tamtam the Melodious Diva in attack mode. Bloom Diva, attack her Amores of Prophecy! Tamtam, attack he life points directly!”

“Ah!!” cried Twilight.

Adagio: LP 2500
Twilight: LP 800

“Looks like this duel is just about over,” said Adagio. “I end my turn.”

Turn 10: Twilight

“You’re wrong!” called Twilight. “I will defeat you! My move.”

“Don’t forget about my trap,” said Adagio again. “You lose 500 life points.”

Adagio: LP 2500
Twilight: LP 300

“Now, you have one turn to save yourself, Princess,” said Adagio. “Now play the card I gave you! It’s the only to free your dragon knight.”

“No, Twilight!” cried Sci-Twi. “There’s another way to win this.”

“If I lose, both of our worlds will be destroyed,” said Twilight. “I play Pot of Avarice, this lets me take five monsters from my graveyard and add them to my deck, reshuffle and draw two new cards. I’ll select Stoic of Prophecy, Temperance of Prophecy, Amores of Prophecy, Charioteer of Prophecy, and World of Prophecy. Now I draw. I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Goblin Official.”

“So what?” said Adagio. “Without your knight, you’ll lose on my next turn.”

“She’s right,” thought Twilight. “I have to free my Dragon Knight, so I can win the duel.” Twilight was about to play the Seal.

“Twilight, stop!” yelled Sci-Twi. “Listen, you don’t know what you’re doing! That card is affecting your mind!”

“I case you hadn’t noticed, I’m about to lose!” yelled Twilight. “If I don’t do this, then we’re all finished! Trust me, it’ll all work out!”

“No, please,” begged Sci-Twi.

“Now I activate, the Seal of Orichalcos!” said Twilight.

“Excellent,” thought Adagio.

A wave of energy blew Sci-Twi backwards. The symbol of the Seal appeared on Twilight’s forehead, and her eyes grew red.

“So, Princess, how do ya feel?” asked Adagio.

“I. Feel. Great,” replied Twilight. “Now the Orichalcos serves me, strengthening my Dragon Knight and setting free of your Crystal Seal!” Twilight’s dragon knight then disappeared from the field. “What the?! What have you done to my knight?!”

“I guess I didn’t tell you,” said Adagio. “Timaeus and the Orichalcos don’t mix.”

“You tricked me!” yelled Twilight.

“Hey, I just gave you the card,” said Adagio. “But you’re the one who played it.”

“What have I unleashed?” asked Twilight. She then looked to the sky and screamed. “You were a fool to hand me this card. For when you lose, your soul will locked away for eternity! Now I activate Monster Reborn to special summon my Wheel of Prophecy! Now he gains 500 extra points! All thanks to the Orichalcos.”

“Wrong!” called Adagio. “The power comes from the darkness inside of you! I just knew you had it in you.”

Eventually Sci-Twi got to her feet. “She played the seal. What have you done?”

“I don’t care where this power came from!” called Twilight. “All that matters is that it’s mine! Now Wheel of Prophecy, attack her Tamtam!”

“Ah!!!” cried Adagio.

Adagio: LP 300
Twilight: LP 300

“I end my turn,” said Twilight.

Finally, thanks to Applejack’s repeated kicking, the girls were able to break down the door.

“Twilight!” called Sunset.

Twilight looked back at her friends.

“What’s going on?” asked Applejack. “Why is that green circle on Twilight’s head?”

“I don’t know,” replied Fluttershy.

“Twi, are you okay?” asked Sunset.

Before Sci-Twi could reply, Pinkie spotted Snips and Snails. “What are you two doing here?”

“Oh! You girls just missed the best part,” said Snails.

“Why don’t you fill us in,” said Rarity.

“What’s going on?!” asked Rainbow.

“It’s that Seal of Orichalcos,” said Snips. “Twilight got it from that hot girl and then she played it.”

“What?! Twilight would never do that!” said Rainbow.

“She knows that card’s evil,” said Sunset.

“I tried to talk her out of it,” said Sci-Twi. “But she wouldn’t listen to me.”

“How does it feel to finally unleash all your anger and frustration?” asked Adagio.

“Jealous?” asked Twilight. “Well, too bad, this time it’s your soul that’s on the line! Now make your move so I can destroy you!”

“Why is Twilight talking like that?” asked Applejack.

“I-I don’t know,” replied Rarity in a scared tone.

“It’s like she’s gone… bad,” said Pinkie.

“She has,” said Sci-Twi. “She made the same mistake I made.”

“Don’t say that!” said Rainbow.

“We have to stop this!” said Sunset.

Turn 11: Adagio

“I draw,” said Adagio. “I switch my Bloom Diva to defense mode, then I’ll activate my Nightmare’s Steelcage! Now you can’t attack me for the next two turns.”

“Okay, if Twilight loses,” said Snips. “I call dibs on her deck.”

“What? You don’t share?” said Snails.

“Shut up!!” yelled Rainbow.

Turn 12: Twilight

“Your little cage means nothing,” said Twilight. “I activate Magical Blast. This card inflicts 200 points of damage to you for every Spellcaster one my side.”

“Dang!” said Adagio.

Adagio: LP 100
Twilight: LP 300

“Hurry up and get your turn over with!” called Twilight.

Turn 13: Adagio

“Fine,” said Adagio. “I place this face down and end my turn.”

Turn 14: Twilight

“Finally, I can end this duel,” said Twilight. “I bring back my Magical Blast, then I’ll activate it!”

“I activate Hallowed Life Barrier!” cried Adagio. “By discarding your Spellbook card, I won’t lose any life points this turn.”

“Impressive,” said Twilight. “But it looks like your Steel Cage has expired. Which means, next turn, your soul is mine!”

“Woah,” said Snips and Snails in unison.

“That’s not the Twilight we know,” said Fluttershy.

“I know,” said Pinkie.

“She’s been brainwashed just like Flash,” said Sunset.

“Darn it!!” yelled Rainbow.

“How could she do this?” asked Sci-Twi. “She knew that card was pure evil, and still she played it.” Sci-Twi’s device then opened, and began to draw in some of the Orichalcos magic.

Turn 15: Adagio

Adagio drew her card. “I knew you had a dark side. I just never thought it was this dark.”

“What do you mean?” asked Twilight.

“Just look at yourself,” said Adagio. “And your friends.”

Twilight looked at the girls. “They looked scared.”

“Of course,” said Adagio. “They’re wondering what happened to their sweet, innocent Princess. Plus look at your monster. He’s now a rapid, snarling, drooling beast.”

“What have I done?” asked Twilight. “You, you did this to me!”

“You’re the one who activated the card,” said Adagio. “I guess Master Dartz was right all along. You humans are nothing but evil. Why do you think we were able to absorb so much negative energy when we got to your school?!”

“No, no,” said Twilight as she fell to her knees.

“Now, I switch my Bloom Diva to attack mode,” said Adagio. “Then I’ll attack your Wheel of Prophecy!”

“But your monster’s weaker than mine,” said Twilight.

“Not for long,” said Adagio. “I discard Score the Melodious Diva from my hand. Whenever a Melodious monster on my side attacks one of your monsters, I can discard this card to reduce your monster’s ATK and DEF points to zero until the end of the turn!”

“What?!!” asked Twilight. (Wheel of Prophecy: 3200 – 0)

“Bloom Diva, destroy her!” ordered Adagio.

“NOOOOOO!!!!!” cried Twilight.

Adagio: LP 100
Twilight: LP 0

“Whoa, Twilight actually lost!” said Snails.

“Twilight!” called Sunset.

“I can’t believe it,” said Pinkie.

“She lost,” said Sci-Twi. “Which means she loses her soul!”

“Oh no!” cried Rainbow.

“Time for you to pay up, Princess,” said Adagio. “And you have no one to blame but yourself. You couldn’t stand the fact you were about to lose one little game, you were willing to go to any lengths, just so you wouldn’t lose. Now your life force will awaken the great beast.”

“Not if I can help it,” said Sci-Twi silently. “With the power I’ve absorbed, I release you from the Seal.” Sci-Twi somehow swapped places with Twilight, and her device shattered. She then remembered what Pinkie said about the two looking alike, so she took off her glasses and let her hair down.

“What are you doing?!” called Sunset.

Twilight looked at the field. “Twi! Wait! What did you do?!”

“It only needs one of us, so I’m letting the Seal take me instead,” said Sci-Twi as her soul was absorbed.

“No!” said the Princess. “Twi, y-you can’t!”

Once the seal disappeared, Adagio walked over. “Adios, your highness.”

“Twi! You alright?!” asked Rainbow.

“I doubt it,” said Snips.

“Ditto,” added Snails.

“This is nuts!” said Pinkie.

“Twi, no,” said Fluttershy in tears.

Adagio then took her card back. “You won’t be needing this anymore.”

Then a helicopter piloted by Aria rose over the roof. A rope ladder was lowered down to Adagio and she grabbed on. “You can keep the rest of your Princess!” said Adagio. “I already have everything I need! So long!”

“Get back here right now!!!” roared Rainbow.

“Twi, speak to us!” cried Pinkie.

“Hey, Snails,” said Snips.

“I know what you’re thinking,” said Snails. The two boys ran after the helicopter.

“Twi! Wake up! Wake up!” cried Sunset as she shook her lifeless body.

“Can you hear us?” asked Fluttershy.

“Wake up!!” cried Pinkie.

“She can’t,” said Twilight.

“You mean?” asked Rainbow.

“Yes, she took my place before I was captured!” said Twilight.


Back at the island, Dartz was waiting for Adagio’s delivery.

“Great Leviathan, please except my latest offering,” said Dartz. “The Princess of Equestria!”

On his temple wall, a new carving appeared.

“What’s this?!” asked Dartz. “That’s not the Princess!"


Back on the hotel roof, the girls were still trying to wake up their friend.

“She’s got to be in there somewhere,” said Pinkie.

“Pinkie, she’s gone,” said Rarity in a mournful tone.

“How did she replace you?” asked Applejack.

“I don’t know,” admitted Twilight. “But it’s all my fault! Twi! Come back! It should have been me! Not her! It’s not fair!”

Author's Note:

In this chapter, Adagio will use the normal version of the seal, not the UDE promo. That's why Twilight will lose her dragon.