• Published 7th Apr 2016
  • 2,736 Views, 24 Comments

The Seal - Shadow Kick



Dartz has unleashed the Seal of Orichalcos upon the girls, their friends, and some old enemies.

  • ...
9
 24
 2,736

In a Flash

Author's Note:

Just so you know, Sunset uses a strategy deck (Like Yugi) to adapt to the situation.

Finally, the girls reached the museum, they headed straight for the Atlantis exhibit and gathered all the info they could.

“I wonder how Rainbow’s doing,” said Pinkie.

“I bet she’s doing fine,” said Applejack. Suddenly her cell phone rang. “I bet that’s her. Hold on, hello?”

“Hey guys,” said Rainbow over the phone.

“Hey, Rainbow,” replied AJ. “So what was the problem at the park?”

“The problem was, I was too late,” said Rainbow.

“Whatta ya mean?” asked AJ.

“One of the Dazzlings got to my team first,” said Rainbow.

“Oh no!” said AJ. “Rainbow, I’m so sorry.”

“Thanks, right now I’m checking them into the hospital,” said Rainbow. “I’ll meet you guys at my house later tonight. See ya.”

“Bye,” said AJ.

“How is she?” asked Twilight.

“She’s checking her whole soccer team into the hospital,” said AJ.

“What?!” asked Pinkie.

“The Dazzlings got to ‘em,” explained AJ.

“Poor Rainbow,” said Fluttershy.

“I know,” said AJ. “Let’s just get our info and go.”

The girls walked around the Atlantis exhibit, went on the full tour and took as many notes as they could on the artifacts. Afterwards, they headed to Rainbow’s house.

“Rainbow! It’s us!” called Pinkie at the door. A few seconds later, Rainbow opened it.

“Hi, Rainbow,” said Rarity.

“You okay?” asked AJ.

Rainbow’s silence said it all.

“Come here,” said Fluttershy as she hugged her friend. The other girls joined in.

Rainbow began to cry. “Y-you guys are t-the best.”

“What are friends for?” asked Twilight.

After a minute of crying, Rainbow dried her eyes. “Thanks guys, I needed that.”

“No problem,” said Pinkie. She then hugged Rainbow one more time.

“So, you get a lot of info at the museum?” asked Rainbow.

“Yeah, quite a bit,” answered Sci-Twi. “Listen to this, over ten thousand years ago, Atlantis was an island isolated from the rest of the world. It was a perfect civilization, then one day, meteors rained down upon the kingdom. These meteorites were mysterious and powerful stones of the Orichalcos. These stones imbued the people of Atlantis with ultimate knowledge and power. In just a few years, Atlantis became the most advanced civilization on the planet, even more advanced than the modern world of today. However, corruption and greed soon followed. The king of Atlantis at that time, gave his throne to his son.”

“Who was the son?” asked Rainbow.

“His name was Dartz,” said Rarity.

"You mean like the game?" asked Pinkie.

Sci-Twi ignored Pinkie and continued. “Soon, the stones of the Orichalcos began to expose the evil in people, turning those with darkness on the inside into monsters on the outside. Confused and frightened, the son consulted a stone of the Orichalcos for guidance. The Orichalcos granted the son great power and lent him soldiers to do his bidding. It told the son to resurrect an ancient mystical beast known as the Great Leviathan, which would help him destroy the world and create a new one that would be free of evil. Eventually, the son became corrupted and misguided. The old King called upon a world of ‘magic’ including three Legendary Dragons for help against his corrupted son. One day, an army of magical soldiers including the three dragons led by the old king met with the son’s army of evil Orichalcos Soldiers, including The Great Leviathan, and the Battle of Atlantis took place. The battle concluded with neither side being victorious, and the three dragons were frozen in ice. The bestial soldiers of the Orichalcos were destroyed, and the Great Leviathan was sealed away from the world. The island of Atlantis then sank beneath the sea.”

“I bet that ‘magical’ world was Equestria,” said Sunset.

“It is,” confirmed Twilight. “Princess Celestia told me.”

“I can’t believe both you and our principal are princesses in your world,” said Rarity.

“Me neither,” said AJ.

“Oh! I almost forgot,” said Rainbow. “Check this out!” Rainbow held up her Critias card.

“Hey, that card looks like Twilight’s!” said Pinkie.

“I know,” said Rainbow. “During my duel with Aria, I was transported to the weird world and a voice told to free this dragon, so I did.”

“Was it helpful?” asked Sunset.

“Totally,” replied Rainbow.

Twilight gasped. “The same thing happened to me in a dream!”

“There’s still one left,” said Sci-Twi. She then pulled out her laptop and began typing.

“Whatcha doin’?!” yelled Pinkie.

“Ah!!” cried Sci-Twi.

“You’d better get used to that,” said Rarity.

Sci-Twi nodded. “I’m looking up the origin of those three dragons from the legend.”

After a few minutes of typing, Sci-Twi found something about the Orichalcos symbol.

“What’s all this?” asked Sunset.

“It seems that this Orichalcos thing is a lot more than just an Atlantean legend,” said Sci-Twi. “It’s also a modern day company.”

“What?!!” cried the other girls.

“It’s a company called Paradias,” said Sci-Twi. “It’s a secret financial organization. No one's ever seen them, but rumor has it that they control a small piece of every company in the world, and get this, the president of Paradias is a guy named Dartz.”

“They can’t be the same,” said AJ.

“Where is their headquarters located?” asked Rainbow.

“It’s two states away,” answered Sci-Twi. “Which means we’ll have to take a plane ride.”

“Why don’t we take a train to the airport?” asked Sunset. “That way, we won’t have to worry about traffic or gas mileage.”

“Good idea,” said Rarity.

“Then let’s get going!” shouted Rainbow.

“Hold up, Rainbow,” said AJ. “I know you’re angry, but we need a plan first.”

“Besides, it’s too late to grab a train,” said Pinkie. “We’ll have to wait until tomorrow.”

“How about we wait until… never?” asked Fluttershy.

“Let’s just go home for now and get a fresh start in the morning,” said Rarity.

“Good night girls,” said Rainbow.

“Good night, Rainbow,” said the others.

The girls got in Pinkie’s Hummer, but as they road toward their homes, they suddenly heard a rumbling sound coming from behind. Applejack looked out the window and saw the source of the noise. A gang of 10 motorcyclists road up and surrounded the girls’ truck. The bikers were all dressed in black, with helmets covering their faces and all were on chopper bikes.

“Bikers!” said the farm girl.

“Hey ladies!” said the leader. “You lost?”

“No!” said Sunset. “Now back off!”

Spike growled at the window.

“You better watch that tone,” said the biker. “You might make me angry.”

The bikers then pulled out chains and bats.

“Oh shoot,” said Sunset.

“Tell me this isn’t happening,” whispered Fluttershy.

On top of a small nearby building, Sonata and Adagio were watching.

“The Princess and her pals are all ours,” said Adagio.

“I know, they'll never outrun the choppers,” said Sonata.

Just then, a blue biker on a road bike carrying a metal pole road up and hit the leader in the back on the head, causing him to fall.

“What the? Who was that?” asked one the black bikers.

“Don’t look at me,” said another.

“Get him!!” said the previous biker.

One of the other riders road over and tried to hit the blue biker with a chain, but the blue biker caught the chain and kicked the chopper bike. The black rider lost balance and fell. The blue biker knocked out seven more of the black bikers, then stuck his pole into the back wheel of the last rider, causing him to crash.

“Who was that?” asked Sci-Twi.

“I don’t know,” said Twilight. “But I’m glad he or she came.”

“He was like a knight in shining armor,” said Rarity.

“Thank goodness,” said Fluttershy.

“Never mind that, let’s just get out of here,” said Sunset.

“You got it,” said Pinkie.

Overhead, the Dazzlings saw what happened.

“Well, somebody likes to crash parties,” said Adagio. “Let’s find out who.”

“I already know who,” said Sonata.

Back in the Hummer, the girls were getting hungry.

“What do you say we drop by the mall and buy some dinner?” asked Rarity.

“Sounds great,” said Twilight.

“You bet, I’m starving,” said Applejack.

“You hungry, Pinkie?” asked Sunset.

“Is that a trick question?” asked Pinkie. Pinkie immediately raced over to the local mall.

“I’m getting tacos,” said Pinkie.

“I want some hot wings,” said Sunset.

“Chinese for me,” said Sci-Twi.

“I’m up for a tuna sandwich,” said Fluttershy.

“Burger for me,” said AJ.

“Me too,” said Twilight.

“I’ll just get some pizza,” said Rarity. “New York style, of course.”

When the girls got inside, they were shocked to find the place empty.

“Is it a holiday?” asked Fluttershy.

“Not that I know of,” said Rarity.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” said Twilight.

“Me too,” said Sunset.

Suddenly, the metal security gates came down all around the building.

“What the?!” asked Applejack.

“What’s going on?!” asked Fluttershy.

The girls rushed over to the gates and tried to lift them, but to no avail.

“These gates won’t budge,” said AJ.

“I can’t believe this!” said Rarity.

“It’s like someone set a trap for us,” said Sci-Twi.

“Do you think it was the sirens?” asked Pinkie. Everyone looked at her.

The girls then heard a motorcycle from the upper level.

“Look!” called Pinkie. “It’s the blue boy!”

“Last I checked, motorcycles weren’t allowed in the store,” said Rarity.

The blue biker road down a flight of stairs and stopped in front of the girls.

“Who are you?” asked Sunset.

The rider took off his helmet and revealed himself.

“Flash Sentry!” exclaimed Rarity.

“Long time no see,” said Twilight.

“It’s good to see ya,” said AJ.

“Do you know what happened?” asked Sunset.

Flash scowled.

“Guess not,” said Sunset.

“What’s with the silent treatment, Flash?” asked Sci-Twi.

“I’m not Flash anymore,” said the boy.

“Whatta mean?” asked Fluttershy.

“You heard me,” said Flash. He then held up five cards with familiar faces on them.

“Wait!” said Pinkie. “Look!” The images on the cards were Derpy, Sassy Saddles, Minuette, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna.

Twilight looked at the boy. “Flash, please tell me you didn’t do this.”

“Sorry, they got in the way,” said Flash.

“What do mean… got in the way?” asked Sunset. “You better start talking!”

“Or what?!” said a voice from above. The girls looked up and saw Sonata and Adagio.

“What’s the matter girls?” asked Adagio. “Aren’t ya glad to see your old pal?”

“And you!” said Sonata. “Why are you keeping these girls to yourself? Why don’t ya share a little?”

“Mind your own business!” shouted Flash. “These brats are mine.”

“Brats?” asked Twilight. “But we’re your friends, right?”

“Flash sold us out,” said Applejack.

“Why, Flash?” asked Fluttershy.

“No! Flash wouldn’t do that!” said Sci-Twi.

“I was never one of your friends,” said Flash. “I’m only here for your souls. And I’m gonna start with you, Shimmer!”

“Me?” asked Sunset.

Turn 1: Flash

“It’s over for you,” said Flash. “And it all starts with this. The Seal of Orichalcos!”

“No, not this!” said Twilight.”

“Wake up, Flash!” yelled Sunset. “That card is pure evil! And you don’t know what you’re doing! Come on, let’s just talk.”

“Forget it!” yelled Flash. “I’m here for revenge! And no one’s gonna stop me!”

“Revenge?” asked Sunset. “For what?”

“For using me!” said Flash.

Sunset’s eyes widened. “Back then when I was bad.”

“Since I don’t have any monsters on the field,” began Flash. “I can special summon Solar Wind Jammer in defense mode, the only drawback is, my jammer’s ATK and DEF get cut in half. (Solar Wind Jammer: 400 – 900) But it doesn’t really matter, because I’m activating Metamorphosis. Now I can sacrifice my jammer, to special summon a monster from my extra deck with the same level, I choose Musician King. Now, thanks to the seal, he’s 500 extra points. I end my turn.” (Musician King: 1750 – 2250)

“I can’t believe this is happening,” said Twilight.

“Me neither,” said Sci-Twi.

“This is insane,” said Fluttershy.

Spike growled at Flash Sentry.

“Whatta ya waiting for, Shimmer?” asked Flash.

“I’m waiting for you to come to your senses, Flash,” said Sunset.

“How could he do this?” asked Rarity.

“It’s all because of that Orichalcos… thing,” said Pinkie.

“Wake up, Sentry!” yelled AJ. “You’re under a spell!”

“Oh give it up!” yelled Sonata. “Once the seal appears it doesn’t disappear until we get a soul.”

“And don’t think you’re off the hook, Princess!” called Adagio. “As soon as Sentry is done with Shimmer, you’re mine!”

“Back off!” said Flash. “As soon as I’m done with Sunset, Twilight belongs to me.”

“But… why?” asked the Princess.

“He’s crazy,” said AJ.

“I never did like him,” said Adagio.

“Come on,” said Sonata. “I think he’s kinda cute.”

“When are ya gonna make your move, Sunny?” asked Flash.

“I’m not going to duel you!” said Sunset.

“Afraid you’re not good enough?” asked Flash.

“Actually, it’s the opposite,” said Sunset. “If I beat you, you’ll pay with your soul.”

“I have no soul,” said Flash.

All the girls gasped.

“Dang,” said Sonata.

“The Flash you knew is gone,” said Flash. “All he did was get his heart broken, so I traded him for power.”

“Will, we happen to have liked the old Flash,” said Sunset. “And I’m gonna get him back!”

“I’d love to see you try,” said Flash.

“Fine! Let’s duel!” cried Sunset.

“You can do it!” called Applejack.

“Be careful!” said Fluttershy.

The two Twilights were still in shock.

“I’ve got to call Rainbow,” thought Pinkie.

Flash: LP 4000
Sunset: LP 4000

Turn 2: Sunset

“I draw,” said Sunset. “I summon Spirit Reaper in defense mode and end my turn.”

Turn 3: Flash

“My turn,” said Flash. “I play Fissure which destroys your reaper. Musician King, attack!”

“Ah!” cried Sunset.

Flash: LP 4000
Sunset: LP 1750

“Sunset!” cried Rarity.

“Don’t give up!” said Applejack.

“You can do it!” said Pinkie.

Turn 4: Sunset

“Thanks, girls,” said Sunset. “I draw, “Maybe if I destroy the Seal, he’ll come to his senses.” I summon Breaker the Magical Warrior in defense mode. Now he gains a spell counter and 300 extra ATK points. (Breaker the Magical Warrior: 1600 – 1900) Now, I’ll use his counter destroy your Seal or Orichalcos.” (Breaker the Magical Warrior: 1900 – 1600)

But the seal didn’t vanish.

“What?” asked Sunset.

“The Seal of Orichalcos is too powerful to be destroyed by a measly monster effect!” said Adagio. “Once it’s on, nothing can destroy it!”

“Oh my gosh,” said Fluttershy.

“I can’t believe it,” said Twilight.

“But every card has its weakness,” said Sci-Twi.

“Hopefully, Sunset can find out what it is,” said Applejack.

“I know she can,” said Rarity.

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” said Sunset.

Turn 5: Flash

“My turn,” said Flash. “I summon Witch of the Black Forest in attack mode. (Witch of the Black Forest: 1100 – 1600) Then I’ll play Polymerization to fuse her along with the Lady of Faith in my hand to form, another Musician King. (Musician King: 1750 – 2250) Now my witch’s effect lets me add a monster with 1500 or fewer DEF points to my hand, I choose Symphonic Warrior Guitaars. Now I’ll have my first king attack your warrior! Then I’ll attack directly and end this duel!”

“Sunset!!” called the girls.

“I activate Scapegoat!” said Sunset. “This card special summons fore sheep tokens in defense mode.”

“Dang,” said Flash. “Oh well, attack one of her tokens! I place one card face down and end my turn.”


Rainbow was on her bike on her way to the mall. “I can’t believe it! Flash Sentry is working for these freaks, what else could happen?!”


“Well,” said Flash. “I’m waiting.”

Turn 6: Sunset

“My turn,” said Sunset. “I summon Hand of the Nephthys in attack mode. Now I’ll activate his effect, by tributing himself and one of my tokens, I can special summon Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys from my deck! Sacred Phoenix, attack the king on the left!”

“Don’t think so,” said Flash. “I activate Negate Attack!”

“Flash, I don’t know what kind of spell they put on you, but you’ve got to wake up!” said Sunset.

“What spell?” asked Flash. “No one’s controlling me, I chose this, Sunset. I couldn’t stand my life. When I broke up with you, yeah I had my band, but it wasn’t enough to completely block out the empty hole in my heart. When I found Twilight, I thought all the loneliness was over, but then she left too. Then I found out she had a twin, but even she didn’t like me, I was tired of always being alone! So I found some new friends. And they gave me something much better than friendship or love… power!”

“I never knew he felt that way,” said Twilight. “But I don’t belong here, so I couldn’t be with him.”

“I always thought he was cute,” said Sci-Twi. “I was just too shy to say it. Now it’s too late.”

“Why didn’t tell us, Flash?” asked Sunset. “We could have helped you?”

Turn 7: Flash

“I don’t need your help,” said Flash. “All I need to do now is win. My move, I play the spell card Shrink, now your big bird’s ATK power is cut in half. (Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys: 2400 – 1200) Now I summon Symphonic Warrior Guitaars in attack mode. (Symphonic Warrior Guitaars: 1500 – 2100) Musician King, attack her phoenix!

Flash: LP 4000
Sunset: LP 700

Now my other two monsters will attack last two tokens. I end my turn.”

“There’s still a way Sunset can turn this around right?” asked Pinkie.

“Yes, but it won’t be easy,” said Twilight.

“You can still do it!” called Applejack. “Don’t give up!”

Turn 8: Sunset

“Thanks guys, I draw,” said Sunset. “This card can help. I discard my Level Eater to special summon The Tricky in attack mode. Now, I’ll lower my Tricky’s level by one to special summon my Level Eater from the graveyard, then I’ll tribute both of my monsters to summon The Supremacy Sun! Attack his Guitaars!”

Flash: LP 3100
Sunset: LP 700

Flash scowled.

“Alright! Sunset’s back in the game!” said Pinkie.

“But if she wins, we lose Flash forever,” said Sci-Twi.

“There’s gotta be a way around all this,” said Applejack.

“There is a way,” said Twilight. “I think Sunset just figured out the secret.”

“What secret?” asked Fluttershy.

“A way so both of them don’t lose their souls,” said Twilight.

“I guess Shimmer’s not as bad as I thought,” said Sonata.

“Who cares,” said Adagio. “There’s no way she’ll win.”

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” said Sunset.

Finally, Rainbow arrived at the mall. “I hope they’re okay,” said Rainbow. She then saw Snips and Snails approaching her.

“Hey, there’s Rainbow,” said Snips.

“Maybe she knows where the God cards are,” said Snails

The two boys followed Rainbow over to the closed store.

“Guys! I’m here!” shouted Rainbow.

“Rainbow’s here!” cried AJ.

“Thank goodness!” said Fluttershy.

“Hey!” cried Rarity. “Rainbow, we’re trapped in here.”

“You gotta find us a way out!” said Applejack.

“Leave it to me!” said Rainbow.

Snips and Snails ran up to the gate.

“What are you two doing here?” asked Applejack.

“We uh… came to help!” said Snails.

“Okay…” said Rarity in a very confused tone.

Both boys then screamed. “It’s that magic circle!” cried Snips.

“The same one we were trapped in!” said Snails. “Mommy!”

Turn 9: Flash

“I activate Pot of Greed so I draw two cards,” said Flash. “It’s time to give my first king a little tune up. I equip him with United We Stand which gives him 800 extra points for each monster I control. I have two, so he gets 1600. (Musician King: 2250 – 3850) Musician King, attack her Sun!”

“Oh yeah?” asked Sunset. “I activate Waboku to block all the damage.”

“Dang!” yelled Flash.

“Okay, Shimmer’s much better than I thought,” said Sonata.

“Obviously,” said Adagio.

“I place a face down and end my turn,” said Flash.

Turn 10: Sunset

“I set a monster and switch my Sun to defense mode,” said Sunset. “With that, I end my turn.”


“Shoot! This one’s locked too!” Rainbow was running around trying to find the door to the control room, but so far she had no luck.


“You look pretty confident,” said Flash. “For someone who’s about to lose their soul.”

“Yeah well, I’m no stranger to dark magic,” said Sunset. “Besides, I’ve been in tougher spots. So hit me with your best shot.”

Turn 11: Flash

“You got it,” said Flash. “Musician King #1, destroy her Sun! Number 2, attack her face down monster!”

“Yes!” cried Sunset. “You just destroyed my Fiber Jar, so now we take all the cards we have on the field, and shuffle them into our decks along with our hands and graveyards, then we both draw five cards.”

“Not today,” said Flash. “I activate Royal Command, which negates all flip effects.”

“Son of a…” said Sunset.

“Let’s see what kind of desperate move you’ve got now,” said Flash.

Turn 12: Sunset

“Desperate?” asked Sunset. “Please, I place monster face down and end my turn.”

Turn 13: Flash

“Told you were desperate,” said Flash. “Nice knowing you, babe. I summon Feedback Warrior in attack mode. (Feedback Warrior: 800 – 1300) Now that I’ve summoned a level three monster, I can special summon Kagemucha Knight from my hand. (Kagemucha Knight: 0 – 500) Also, my king now gets a power boost since I have more monsters on the field. (Musician King: 3850 – 5450) Now I’ll overlay them and Xyz summon, Muzurhythm the String Djinn in attack mode. (Muzurhythm the String Djinn: 1500 – 2000) (Musician King: 5450 – 4650) Now I’ll attack your face down monster with my String Djinn and activate his effect, by using an overlay unit, his ATK points double to 4000!”

“What?!” asked Sunset.

“Now that your last monster is out of the way,” began Flash. “I can finish you off. Musician King, attack her directly!”

“Guess again,” said Sunset. Flashes attack was suddenly canceled.

“What?” asked Flash. “How did you block my attack?”

“The last monster you destroyed was Electromagnetic Turtle,” said Sunset. “By simply removing him from play, I can end your battle phase.”

“That was way too close,” said Twilight.

“Sunset’s got more lives than my cat Opal,” said Rarity.

“Wow, she’s good,” said Snips.

“Is this girl ever gonna run out of luck?” asked Sonata.

“It won’t last forever,” said Adagio.

“You know Sunset,” said Flash. “You can’t just keep stalling.”

Turn 14: Sunset

“Whatever,” said Sunset. “I draw. I play Pot of Greed, so now, I draw two cards.” Just as Sunset was about to draw her second card, her deck began to glow.

“What the?” asked Sunset.

Then Twilight's deck started to glow. She drew the glowing card. “The Eye of Timaeus,” said the Princess.


Rainbow was still looking for the correct door, when her deck began to glow. She pulled out the Fang of Critias.


Sunset and Twilight were then both teleported into the room where the statues of the three crystal dragons stood.

“Where are we?” asked Sunset.

“I’ve been to this place before,” said Twilight. “It’s the dominion of the dragons.”

Sunset looked at the last statue. “Wow, that’s a big sculpture,” said Sunset.

“It’s a dragon,” said Twilight. “Frozen in time, and I have a feeling it has chosen you. If my theory is correct, you must pull out that sword.”

“Are you sure?” asked Sunset.

Twilight nodded.

“Well, here goes nothing,” said Sunset. She pulled with all her strength and eventually the sword came loose.

“You’re the one,” said a voice.

“Princess Celestia?” asked Sunset.

“You must release Hermos!” said Celestia.

Sunset pulled the sword free and the dragon broke out of its cold prison. A white light then enveloped both Sunset and Twilight and they returned back to the duel.


“Was that a dream?” wondered Sunset. She looked at her drawn card and saw the same dragon she just released. Sunset smiled. “Get ready Flash, you’re about to meet my new friend, Hermos!”

“I’ve never seen that card before!” said Fluttershy.

“Maybe it’s one of Sunset’s, new cards,” said AJ.

“I hope it helps her,” said Rarity.

“Don’t worry, it will,” said Sci-Twi.

“Just as we were given Timaeus, Sunset was chosen to wield the Claw of Hermos,” said Twilight.

“How in the world did she get that card?” asked Sonata.

“Just because she has it, doesn’t mean she knows how to use it,” said Adagio.


“Finally!” said Rainbow. She finally found the right door. Once she was in, she began searching for the lock controls on the computer.


“I finally found the secret to ending this duel and saving us both, Flash,” said Sunset. “I play Monster Reborn to bring back Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys in attack mode.”

“So what?” asked Flash. “I’ve already clipped his wings, and I’ll gladly do it again.”

“Did I say I was done?” asked Sunset. “I summon Royal Magical Library, then I’ll activate The Claw of Hermos! Now, I’ll combine my dragon and my Library together and form a new card, Time Magic Hammer!”

“Wow, now that’s really scary,” said Sonata.

“Now, I’ll equip my phoenix with my new hammer,” said Sunset. “Attack the weaker Musician King!”

“Dang,” said Flash.

Flash: LP 2950
Sunset: LP 700

(Musician King: 4650 – 3850)

“I end my turn,” said Sunset.

Turn 15: Flash

“My turn,” said Flash. “Musician King, attack her phoenix!” As the musician attacked, Sunset’s hammer assigned it a random number (1) and removed it from the field. “What the?! What happened?!”

Sunset was about to explain, but Flash cut her off.

“Never mind,” said Flash. “String Djinn, attack! I use his last overlay unit to double his attack points!”

“I wouldn’t do that if I were him,” said Adagio.

“Flash, wait!” said Sonata.

Sunset’s hammer assigned String Djinn a number (5) and removed it.

“What’s going on?” asked Flash.

“That’s the effect of my Magic Hammer,” Sunset explained. “Every time a monster equipped with this mallet battles an opponent’s monster, that creature is assigned a number between one and six, then that is removed for that number of turns.”

“I thought it only happened once per turn,” Flash confessed.

“So that’s why he attacked,” said Sonata.

“Idiot,” said Adagio.

“I’ve still got more life points,” said Flash. “I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 16: Sunset

“Look! I don’t want either of us to lose,” said Sunset. “Which is why I have to make these next few turns count. Sacred Phoenix, attack him directly!”

“Ah!!” cried Flash.

Flash: LP 550
Sunset: LP 700

“Flash,” said Sonata in a concerned tone.

“Don’t worry,” said Adagio. “We’ll get a soul no matter which one loses.”

“How can you say that?” asked Sonata. “He’s one of us now.”

“You’ll thank me for this, Flash… one day,” said Sunset. “I place one card face down and end my turn.” “I have to make our life points hit zero at the same time, then we’ll both be free.”

Flash began shaking and mumbling to himself.

“Flash, you okay?” asked Sunset.

“I can’t lose,” said Flash. “I have to win, I don’t want to be alone again. I gave up everything, winning is all I have left.”

“Flash,” Sunset began.

Turn 17: Flash

“Save it!” ordered Flash. “My move,” Musician King then returned to the field. “What?” (Musician King: 1750 – 2250)

“Remember?” asked Sunset. “Your King was assigned the number one, so now its back.”

“Well thanks,” said Flash. “But you’ll regret that. I activate The Emperor’s Holiday, this card negates all equip spells on the field.”

“Uh-oh,” said Sunset.

“Now I’ll summon Second Booster,” said Flash. “Once I tribute this card, my king gets 1500 extra points until the end of the turn. (Musician King: 2250 – 3750) Musician King, attack!”

“I activate Mirror Force!” said Sunset. “This destroys all monsters in attack mode.”

“No!!” cried Flash. He began to shake again.

“Flash, just clam down,” said Sunset. “We’ll get through this.”

“Can’t lose, don’t want to be alone, have to win,” mumbled Flash.

“Oh well, he’s lost it,” said Adagio. The Siren looked at her friend, but Sonata was gone. “Sonata?” Adagio then looked over at the staircase, Sonata was running down towards the duel. “Sonata, what are you doing?!”

Sonata ran towards the seal and held up a ring with a green stone on her hand. “With this fragment of the Orichalcos stone, I unlock the seal!” She hit the seal which caused an explosion. The blast flung everyone back. When the smoke cleared, Sunset and Flash were lying on the ground unconscious.

Twilight got to her feet. “Sunset! You alright?!”

“Why did she do that?” asked Fluttershy.

Sonata walked over and hugged Flash.

“What were you thinking, Sonata?” asked Adagio. “You betrayed master Dartz, all for some guy?”

“He’s not just some guy!” yelled Sonata.

“Whatever,” said Adagio. “I’ll make up for this, by taking your soul next time we meet, Princess.” Adagio raised up the amulet around her neck which contained another piece of the Orichalcos stone. A light shot out from it and the three vanished.

The security gates finally rose.

“Hey, we’re free!” said AJ.

“Sunset, you alright?!” cried Pinkie.

“Sunset!” called Fluttershy. The girls rushed over to their friend.

Sunset quickly regained consciousness and got up.

“You okay?” asked Rarity

“Yeah, but where’s Flash?” asked Sunset. “Did those freaks take him?”

“Unfortunately, yes,” said Sci-Twi with tears in her eyes.

“Guys!” called Rainbow. “Is everybody okay?”

“Yeah, pretty much,” said Applejack.

“I saw what happened on the monitor,” said Rainbow. “I’m sorry about Flash.”

“I can’t believe he’d side with the enemy,” said Rarity.

“He didn’t,” said Sci-Twi. “They brainwashed him with the Orichalcos!”

“Don’t worry,” said Fluttershy. “We’ll get him back.”

“Thank you,” said Sci-Twi.

Princess Twilight’s deck began to glow. “What the?” She pulled out her Timaeus card.

Rainbow and Sunset’s decks also starting glowing. They then revealed their dragon cards, Critias and Hermos.

“I think the only way to stop that Orichalcos group is by using these three cards,” said Twilight.

Snips and Snails peeked around a corner. “Why do they always get the cool cards?” asked Snails.

“Don’t know,” replied Snips.