• Published 7th Apr 2016
  • 2,736 Views, 24 Comments

The Seal - Shadow Kick



Dartz has unleashed the Seal of Orichalcos upon the girls, their friends, and some old enemies.

  • ...
9
 24
 2,736

You won't escape this time!

“Please, Sunset, wake up!” cried Fluttershy as she tried to wake up her friend.

“I can’t believe they got her too,” said Rarity, about to cry.

“Noooooooooo!!!!!!” cried Pinkie.

“How could they do this?!” asked Applejack.

“They’re heartless monsters!” said Rainbow.

“Please, Sunset, don’t leave us!” cried Fluttershy.

“It’s too late,” said Twilight in tears. “She’s already… gone. CURSE YOU DARTZ!!!!”

“When I get my hands on Dartz!” yelled Rainbow. “He’s gonna wish he was never born!!”

“I wonder who did this,” said Pinkie. “I’m guessing… not Sonata.”

“I bet Flash did it.” said Rainbow.

“How could he?” asked Rarity.

“There’s only one person we can really blame for all this,” said Twilight. “He hides away in his little fortress while others do his dirty work.”

“Let’s get ‘em!!” said Pinkie.

“I’m with ya!” said Rainbow.

“How much farther?” asked Rarity.

“Good news,” said Applejack. “We’re only a couple of blocks away from that Paradias building.”

“Then let’s go!” said Twilight as she took off.

“Twilight! Wait up!” called Rainbow. She and Pinkie put Sunset on AJ’s back and they ran after their friend.

“This all ends here, Dartz!” said Twilight.

Once Twilight arrived at the building, she ran to the main foyer. She then ran over the elevators and saw one was coming down. Twilight prepared to face whoever was in there. The doors opened up to reveal Flash.

“Flash!” said Twilight.

The boy stood there, then fell into Twilight’s arms, unconscious.

“Flash, are you alright?” asked Twilight. “Say something!”

Flash didn’t say a word or move a muscle.

“He must have been in a duel,” said Twilight. “And I guess he lost. How many more are we going to lose?” She set him down against the wall and hugged him. “Don’t worry, I’ll get you and everyone else back.” She then got in the elevator and pushed the button for the top floor. As the elevator rose up, she added some new cards to her deck and shuffled it. “I must put an end to this.” When the doors opened, Twilight was greeted by Adagio.

“It’s about time you showed up, Princess,” said Adagio.

“This doesn’t concern you, Adagio,” said Twilight. “I’m here to see your master. Or is he too scared to fight his own battles?”

“Not quite,” said Adagio. “I’m here because you owe me a rematch. But first, why don’t you take this.” Adagio tossed Twilight a card.

Twilight gasped. “The Claw of Hermos! Sunset’s card! So you defeated Sunset.”

“Actually, Flash beat Sunset, then I defeated him,” said Adagio.

“What?” asked Twilight. “But why? I thought Flash was on your side.”

“I never did trust him,” said Adagio. “And it turns out I was right all along. Besides, he wasn’t that cute either. After Flash beat Sunset, he turned on us and challenged me. He even tried to use that dragon card to avenge Sunset.”

“I knew there was still good in his heart,” thought Twilight.

“Biggest mistake he ever made,” said Adagio.

Twilight looked Sunset’s Hermos card. “This madness has to stop! Just think of all the innocent people who lost their lives to this plague of insanity. Who knows, you may be next!”

“Do you think I care?” asked Adagio. “I made a commitment to help master Dartz rebuild the planet so people like us could prosper. And if that means giving up my soul, then so be it. At least I’ll be doing my part.” Adagio eyes began to glow green. “Then the Great Leviathan will make the world a perfect place for us!”

“Wake up!!” yelled Twilight. “Can’t you see that your master is just using you? He doesn’t care about anybody or anything! He just wants to watch the world burn!”

“You’re wrong,” said Adagio. “Even as we speak, the Great Leviathan lurks in the shadows all over the Earth. As soon as I defeat you, it can cross over into our world and rebuild it.” Adagio looked up, the silhouette of the Great Leviathan slithered through the sky.

Twilight gasped “Oh no! It’s true!”


Meanwhile, the girls were running down the street toward the Paradias building while carrying Sunset.

“Why did Twilight run off like that?” asked AJ.

“She must have gone after Dartz,” said Fluttershy.

Rarity then screamed.

“What’s wrong?” asked Pinkie.

“Look!” Rarity pointed down an alley, an army of rats with glowing red eyes were running toward the girls at full speed.

“Hurry! This way!” called Rainbow. She hurried the girls over to a fire escape and they got up just in time.

“Those poor creatures,” said Fluttershy. “Dartz, how could you?”

“Not now, Fluttershy!” said Rainbow.


Atop the Paradias building, Adagio and Twilight were preparing to duel.

“You won’t escape this time,” said Adagio. “I don’t know how you did it last time, but now I’ve got you all to myself. The winner goes free, the loser becomes a prisoner to the beast!”

“You’re on!” said Twilight. “If that what it takes to set my friends free, then let’s duel!”

The two girls shuffled their decks, and activated their disks. “Let’s duel!” they shouted.

Adagio: LP 4000
Twilight: LP 4000

Turn 1: Adagio

“Since I’m the returning champion, I’ll go first,” said Adagio. “I summon Serenade the Melodious Diva in defense mode, I’ll then place one card face down and give you a shot.”

Turn 2: Twilight

“Very well,” said Twilight. “I summon the Fool of Prophecy in defense mode. Then I’ll play Supply Squad and Arcane Barrier. That’s ends my turn.”

Turn 3: Adagio

“That’s all ya got?” asked Adagio. “Fine, my turn. Just so you know, if I want to summon a Fairy monster, my Serenade can be treated as two sacrifices.”

“Oh boy,” said Twilight.

“Oh boy is right,” said Adagio. “I tribute my Serenade to summon Mozarta the Melodious Maestra in attack mode. Attack her Fool! That’s enough for now.”

Turn 4: Twilight

“Thanks,” said Twilight. “You’ve now activated the effects of my spell cards. Once per turn, when a monster on my field is destroyed by battle or card effects, I can draw one card. Plus, every time a Spellcaster is destroyed, I can put a spell counter on Arcane Barrier, (Arcane Barrier: 1) and I can put up to four on this card. Then, whenever I send this card to the graveyard, I can draw a number of cards equal to the number of counters it has.”

“Ooh, I’m shaking,” said Adagio.

“You will be,” said Twilight. “I play Monster Reborn to bring back my Fool of Prophecy in attack mode. Next I summon Strength of Prophecy, also in attack mode. Then I’ll activate the Spellbook of Power, which gives my Strength of Prophecy an extra 1000 ATK points this turn, plus I can activate her effect. By shuffling my Spellbook card back into my deck, my Strength gives 500 more points, permanently.” (Strength of Prophecy: 1500 – 2500 – 3000)

“Three thousand?!” asked Adagio.

“Yes, all aimed at you,” said Twilight. “Strength of Prophecy, attack!”

“Not so fast, Princess,” said Adagio. “I activate Threatening Roar. This puts an end to your battle phase. Too bad.”

Twilight sighed. “I end my turn.” (Strength of Prophecy: 3000 – 2000)

Turn 5: Adagio

“You’re going down,” said Adagio. “Now I activate my Mozarta’s effect. Once per turn, I can special summon one Light Fairy monster from my hand. So, I’ll special summon Sonata the Melodious Diva in attack mode. Now her effect activates, when she is special summoned, she gives all Fairy monsters 500 extra points, including herself. (Mozarta the Melodious Maestra: 2600 – 3100) (Sonata the Melodious Diva: 1200 – 1700) Alright Mozarta, attack her Strength of Prophecy! Sonata, attack her Fool!”

“Shoot,” said Twilight. “Well, at least I get two more counters.” (Arcane Barrier: 3)

Adagio: LP 4000
Twilight: LP 2800

“I place a face down and end my turn,” said Adagio. “What now, Princess?”

Turn 6: Twilight

“Let’s find out,” said Twilight as she drew her card. “I play Pot of Greed, so I draw two cards. I play Fissure on your Sonata.”

“No!” said Adagio.

“Yes, now Mozarta loses her power boost,” said Twilight. (Mozarta the Melodious Maestra: 3100 – 2600) “Next, I play Shrink on your Mozarta, cutting her ATK points in half. (Mozarta the Melodious Maestra: 2600 – 1300) Now I summon the Hermit of Prophecy in attack mode, then I’ll activate the Grand Spellbook Tower, which activates my hermit’s effect. Every time a Spellbook card is played, he gains 300 ATK points and his level increases by two. (Hermit of Prophecy: 1200 – 1500) Attack her Mozarta!”

“Activate Spell card!” said Adagio. “Pianissimo! This card prevents my monster from being destroyed, as long as I lower my Mozarta’s ATK points to 100. (Mozarta the Melodious Maestra: 1300 – 100).

“But you still take damage,” said Twilight.

“As long as my monster’s safe, I don’t care,” said Adagio.

Adagio: LP 2600
Twilight: LP 2800

“Wow, she really likes her cards,” thought Twilight. “Maybe because those cards remind her and her friends of their music. I place one card face down and end my turn.” (Mozarta the Melodious Maestra: 100 – 2600)


The girls finally arrived at the Paradias building. As they ran to the elevators, they found Flash lying against the wall.

“Look guys,” said Rarity. “It’s Flash.

“Oh no,” said Pinkie. “Don’t tell me he lost his soul too.”

“Well, we can’t just leave him, can we?” asked Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry, I got him,” said Rainbow. “Come on, we better head to the top floor.”

The girls got in the elevator and Rarity hit the button for the roof.


Turn 7: Adagio

“My turn,” said Adagio “I play The Seal of Orichalcos! Now your faith is sealed!”

“Oh no,” said Twilight. “There goes my Spellbook Tower.”

The elevator doors opened and the girls arrived just in time to see the Seal of Orichalcos form around the duelists.

“Twilight!” called Fluttershy.

“Oh no, we’re too late,” said Applejack.

“That’s more like it,” said Adagio. Her eyes shined red and the Seal glowed on her forehead. “Now, I’ll use Mozarta’s effect to special summon Aria the Melodious Diva in attack mode. If I special summon her, all Melodious can’t be targeted for card effects, and can’t be destroyed in battle!”

“Holy cow!” said Twilight.

“Plus, they both get a power boost thanks to the Orichalcos,” said Adagio. (Aria the Melodious Diva: 1600 – 2100) (Mozarta the Melodious Maestra: 2600 – 3100) “Now Mozarta, destroy her hermit!”

“At least I get to draw a card,” thought Twilight. “Plus, I get my fourth counter.” (Arcane Barrier: 4)

Adagio: LP 2600
Twilight: LP 1200

“Time to finish you off!” said Adagio. “Aria, attack her directly!”

“I activate my trap,” said Twilight. “The First Monarch!”

“What?” asked Adagio.

“This card special summons itself to the field as a monster with 1000 ATK and 2400 DEF points. Fortunately for me, he’s in defense mode. Nice try.”

“I’ll place this card face down and end my turn,” said Adagio.

Turn 8: Twilight

“My move,” said Twilight. “I’ll send my Arcane Barrier, and its four spell counters to the graveyard and draw four new cards. Now I’ll activate my First Monarch’s other effect. By discarding a card and declaring an attribute, I can treat my monarch as two tributes for a tribute of the declared attribute. So I’ll discard Stoic of Prophecy, which activates his effect, letting me add a level three Prophecy monster to my hand, I choose Amores of Prophecy. Next, I declare dark, four my attribute of choice. Then I’ll tribute my monarch to summon Dark Magician in attack mode! Now, attack her Aria!”

“Reveal trap card!” said Adagio. “Lumenize! This card blocks your attack and increases my Aria’s ATK equal to your magician’s ATK power. And it lasts until my next end phase.” (Aria the Melodious Diva: 2100 – 4700)

“4700 ATK points?!” asked Twilight.

“Yep,” said Adagio. “Thanks for the power boost.”

“Whatever,” said Twilight. “I place a face down and end my turn.”

Turn 9: Adagio

My turn,” said Adagio. “I think I’ll special summon another Mozarta in attack mode!”

“Great, like one isn’t bad enough?” asked Rainbow.

“She can handle it,” said Pinkie.

“I hope so,” said Fluttershy.

“You’re about to become a two-time loser,” said Adagio. “Mozarta, attack her magician!”

“Don’t think so,” said Twilight. “I activate Waboku to block your attack!”

“Dang it!” yelled Adagio. “I end my turn.” (Aria the Melodious Diva: 4700 – 2100)

“Perhaps you should that thought twice before you poisoned your mind with the Orichalcos,” said Twilight. “Take it from someone with experience, that kind of dark energy will only back fire in end.”

“So you play the seal once, and now you’re an expert?!” asked Adagio. “Just go!”

Turn 10: Twilight

“As you wish,” said Twilight. “I summon Amores of Prophecy in defense mode. Then I’ll switch my magician to defense mode. I play a card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 11: Adagio

“You can’t win a duel with defense, Princess,” said Adagio. “Mozarta, attack her Dark Magician!”

“I activate Super Junior Confrontation!” said Twilight.

“What?!” asked Adagio.

“Allow me explain,” said Twilight. “First, this card negates your attack, then it forces the weakest monster in attack mode on your side to attack the weakest monster in defense mode on my side, after that, it ends the battle phase. So it’s your Aria against my Amores of Prophecy. Also, when you destroy my monster, I can draw a card thanks to my Supply Squad.”

“I’m not done yet,” said Adagio. “I summon Tamtam the Melodious Diva in defense mode. (Tamtam the Melodious Diva: 1000 – 1500) Then, just to be on the safe side, I’ll switch Aria to defense mode. That ends my turn.”

Turn 12: Twilight

“Let’s move on,” said Twilight. “Sorry to disappoint you.”

“Don’t tell me!” said Adagio.

“I’m afraid it’s true!” said Twilight “I’ve drawn The Eye of Timaeus! Now I merge my dragon with magician to form, Amulet Dragon!

“This is nuts,” said Adagio.

“Now I activate my dragon’s effect!” said Twilight. “I can remove any number of spell cards from my graveyard and for each one, my Amulet Dragon gains 100 extra points. I’ll remove six. (Amulet Dragon: 2900 – 3500) The time has come, Amulet Dragon, attack her Mozarta!”

“But my Aria’s effect protects my monsters from being destroyed in battle!” reminded Adagio.

Adagio: LP 2200
Twilight: LP 1200

“So what?” asked Twilight. “I place one card face down and end my turn.”

“You sound pretty anxious to lose your soul,” said Adagio.

“Yeah, right,” said Twilight.

Turn 13: Adagio

“Well you sound be,” said Adagio. “Now I play Polymerization to fuse my four monsters together to form, Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir in attack mode. This monster gains 300 extra points for each monster I used to summon her. I used four, so she gains 1200 extra points, plus 500 more thanks to the Orichalcos.” (Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir: 1900 – 3100 – 3600)

“Oh crap,” said Twilight.

“Read it in weep, Princess,” said Adagio. “Also, Bloom Prima can attack twice per turn. Bloom Prima, rid the field of her dragon!

Adagio: LP 2200
Twilight: LP 1100

Looks like you’re out of monsters. Bloom Prima, attack her again and end this duel!”

“I don’t so,” said Twilight. “I activate my Amulet Dragon’s other effect, when it’s destroyed, I can special summon a Spellcaster from my graveyard, I choose Dark Magician in defense mode.”

“No!!” cried Adagio. “I was so close!”

“Close, but no cigar!” said Pinkie.

“Now I get to draw another card,” said Twilight. “I’ll also activate Pharaoh's Treasure. After this card is activated, I put it face up, in my deck and shuffle it. Then, when I draw it again, I can send it to the graveyard and add any card from my grave to my hand.”

“Whatever, I end my turn,” said Adagio.

Turn 14: Twilight

“My move,” said Twilight. “I activate Spellbook of Life. To activate this card, I must reveal a Spellbook card in my hand. (Spellbook of Secrets) Now by removing a Spellcaster from my graveyard, can special summon another one to the field and equip it with this card. I’ll remove my Hermit and special summon my Stoic of Prophecy in defense mode. Then I’ll tribute him to summon Prophecy Destroyer in defense mode. Now Stoic’s effect lets me add a level Prophecy monster to my hand, I choose Justice of Prophecy. I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 15: Adagio

“I think it’s time I put you out of your misery,” said Adagio. “And I have the perfect card to do it. Stop Defense! Now you monster has to go into attack mode!”

“I activate Black Illusion!” said Twilight.

“What?!” asked Adagio.

“Black Illusion protects all Dark Spellcasters with 2000 or more ATK points from all card effects, plus they can’t be destroyed in battle this turn.”

“Looks like you’re out of options,” said Adagio. “I end my turn.”

Turn 16: Twilight

“Alright, I draw,” said Twilight. “I summon Justice of Prophecy in defense mode. Then I’ll place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 17: Adagio

“You’re finished!” said Adagio. “I play Raigeki which destroys all your monsters!”

“What?!” cried Twilight.

“Sure, you get to draw another card,” said Adagio. “But it won’t safe you, Bloom Diva, attack her directly!”

“Not so fast!” said Twilight. “Activate Draining Shield! This card blocks your first attack and increases my life points equal to the ATK points of your monster’s ATK power.”

Adagio: LP 2200
Twilight: LP 4700

“So what?!” asked Adagio. “My second attack will blast you back down, Bloom Diva, attack again! I place a face down and end my turn.”

Adagio: LP 2200
Twilight: LP 1100

Turn 18: Twilight

“It’s my move!” said Twilight. “I play Pot of Avarice, now I can take five monsters from my graveyard and shuffle them back into my deck, then I draw two cards. Well, well, looks like I’ve drawn Pharaoh’s Treasure.”

“Oh great!” said Adagio.

“Now I can bring a card back from the graveyard to my hand,” said Twilight. “I choose The Eye of Timaeus! Now I summon Temperance of Prophecy, and I’ll activate Spellbook of Secrets. Now, I can add another Spellbook card to my hand, I choose, Spellbook Library of the Crescent. Now my Temperance’s effect allows me to tribute him and special summon Dark Magician Girl! Now Timaeus, combine with her to form Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight! Now I’ll use my knight’s effect. By discarding my Spellbook Library, I can destroy your Diva.”

“I don’t think so,” said Adagio. “I activate Fiendish Chain, which stops your knight’s effect and keeps it from attacking!”

“Darn,” said Twilight. “I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 19: Adagio

“Face it, Princess,” said Adagio. “Your strategies aren’t working. Bloom Diva, attack her dragon knight!

“No!” cried Fluttershy.

“Do something!” yelled Applejack.

“My knight!” cried Twilight.

Adagio: LP 2200
Twilight: LP 100

“This duel is over,” said Adagio. “Bloom Diva, attack her again!”

“Don’t think so,” said Twilight “I activate Defense Draw! This card blocks all your damage, and lets me draw a card. Plus, my Supply Squad lets me draw as well. This duel is still on!”

“Suit yourself,” said Adagio. “It won’t be long now. I place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 20: Twilight

“My turn,” said Twilight. “I remove my Spellbook Library of the Crescent, along with my Spellbook of Secrets, and Life to back Prophecy Destroyer in attack mode! Then I’ll activate Back-Up Rider to give my destroyer 1500 extra points.” (Prophecy Destroyer: 2500 – 4000)

“Not so fast!” said Adagio. “I activate my trap, Intrigue Shield. Now I can equip this trap to my monster, and once per turn, it can’t be destroyed in battle, and I won’t take any battle damage. So unless you can attack twice, my monster’s not going anywhere.”

“Very well,” said Twilight. “I summon Elemental Hero Neos Alius.” Twilight then looked over at Sunset’s lifeless body. “Sunset, I can only accomplish this with your help. I play The Claw of Hermos!”

“Look, Sunset!” said Pinkie. “Twilight just played your dragon!”

“Now, Hermos!” yelled Twilight. “Combine with Neos to form Goddess Bow! And I’ll equip it to Prophecy Destroyer! Now my monster can attack twice.”

“No!” cried Adagio.

“Yes!” said Twilight. “Prophecy Destroyer, attack her Bloom Diva! The first attack destroys your shield, and the second attack will finally destroys your Diva!”

Adagio: LP 1300
Twilight: LP 300

“No!!!!” cried Adagio. She then fell to her knees.

“Adagio? Don’t you miss your friends?” asked Twilight.

“Of course, Sonata and Aria were all I had in this world,” said Adagio. “But you and your friends sealed them away!”

“No, the Orichalcos did,” said Twilight. “Think! If Dartz really cared about you and your friends, wouldn’t he have given you a card that would only take away your opponent’s souls? He doesn’t care who he gets, as long as that beast is fed. Do you think your friends like being locked away? There’s an old saying, changing from bad to good is as easy as taking your first step. We would have given you girls a chance to change because anyone can.”

After a moment of silence, Adagio spoke. “There’s only one problem with your plan, Princess. The seal still needs a soul, so whatta ya say we finish this and see who goes?”

“No, Adagio, wait!” begged Twilight.

Turn 21: Adagio

“Too late, it’s my turn!” said Adagio. “I play my Soul Charge spell card, and I’ll use it to bring back Aria and Sonata. These cards are all I have left of them.”

“I’m sorry,” said Twilight. “Now what?”

“You know what, Princess,” said Adagio. “Each monster costs me 1000 life points. Game over.”

Adagio: LP 0
Twilight: LP 300

The Seal began to shrink around Adagio.

“Adagio, no!” called Twilight as she ran toward the former siren. She then stopped as two clear spirit orbs circled around Adagio. The orbs turned into Sonata and Aria.

“Thanks for not forgetting about us,” said Sonata.

“We never knew you felt that way,” said Aria. “I’m glad we do now.”

Adagio began to cry tears of joy. “You girls are like family to me.” The three then hugged.

“We’ll see ya soon,” said Aria.

“Real soon,” said Sonata.

“I can’t believe it,” thought Adagio. “I thought those two forgot all about me, but they never did.”

“You made the right choice,” said Twilight.

The Orichalcos stone around Adagio's neck cracked and disappeared. Then the Seal on her head and the field vanished.

The girls then rushed over to their friend.

“Are you okay, Twilight?” asked Fluttershy.

“I’m fine,” said Twilight. The two then hugged.

“Hey, the seal is gone,” said Rainbow.

“What happened?” asked Pinkie.

“Don’t have a clue,” said AJ.

“It usually takes a soul,” said Adagio. “So why am I still here?”

“I think I know,” said Twilight “The Seal of Orichalcos is powered by the darkness within the person who played it. But Adagio was able to conquer that darkness, so her soul was spared.”

“You mean… I’m free?” asked Adagio.

Twilight nodded.

Then the building began to shake.

“What’s going on?!” asked Rarity

“It’s an earthquake?!” asked Applejack.

“No, the building is collapsing!” yelled Adagio.