• Published 15th Jun 2012
  • 7,034 Views, 150 Comments

Grow Up, Apple Bloom - Lux



Apple Bloom makes a desperate attempt to get her cutie mark.

  • ...
8
 150
 7,034

Back to Normal

Chapter 14 – Back to Normal

Scoootaloo and Sweetie Belle sat at the bench outside of the clubhouse. In front of them were scattered several sheets of papers and pencils. Some of the papers were crumpled up in a ball. There were others that were full of random doodles done by Sweetie Belle, made as a vain attempt to pass the time and quell the boredom.

“No, no no,” Scootaloo exclaimed as she furiously crumpled up a piece of paper and threw it. The paper ball bounced off the wooden bench and then smacked Sweetie Belle on the side of her head as she stared off into oblivion.

“Hey,” she exclaimed in a high pitched squeak as she felt something hit her.

“Sorry Sweetie Belle. I was just frustrated I couldn’t think of another way to get our cutie marks. How about you? Can you think of and ideas?”

“No,” the unicorn filly said with a sight, “I’m just bored. I miss Apple Bloom.”

“Me too,” the orange Pegasus said as she played with a pencil, “She always had good ideas to get our marks.”

“Wait,” Sweetie Belle said, “I think I see a pony coming our way.”

Scootaloo turned in the direction where Sweetie Belle was looking. There they saw the silhouette of a pony moving towards their direction.

“Are you sure it isn’t Applejack,” the Pegasus filly said.

“It looks like a filly. It must be Apple Bloom.”

“I thought Apple Bloom became a mare. This pony can’t possibly be her,” Scootaloo said.

The two waited as the figure approached closer until they realized that it was their friend.

“Apple Bloom,” the two said in a unison of surprise.

“Hey, Scootaloo. Hey, Sweetie Belle.”

“What happened to you,” Scootaloo said.

“Yeah, you were big like Rarity, and now you’re not,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Zecora helped change me back.”

“So, you’re back to normal then,” Scootaloo said.

“Eyup, Ah’m back to ‘bein my old self again. Well, not old self like when ah’ was a mare, but bein’ a filly.”

“So what was it like, you know, being a mare,” Sweetie Belle asked.

“It was fun ah’ guess, but ah’ like bein’ a filly and hagnin’ out with you. Now how ‘bout we go on a little adventure. Ah’ have some ideas fer getting’ our cutie marks.”

The two other Crusaders looked at each other with a smile before giving their friend a big hug. and fellow Crusader back.

“Allright, Crusaders,” Apple Bloom said, “off to adventure!”

The three boarded the scooter wagon transport. With a buzzing sound and a cloud of dust, the three took off towards Ponyville with new ideas, new chances for fun, and new attempts to get their cutie marks.

In the farm house Applejack stood in her bedroom looking at the picture of Apple Bloom that she took. It was like looking into the future, seeing how her sister would look in a few short years. She wondered how life would be for Apple Bloom, whether she'd be the same pony she was today full of energy and wonder, or something different. She hoped that she would stay the same but she knew otherwise. Change was inevitible, just like an apple tree going through its seasons.

"Well, ah' don' want to rush you bein' a filly," Applejack said as if talking to the picture, "You still have some growin' up to do, Apple Bloom.There's so much fer you to learn and do before you become a mare again. An' ah' hope that through it all, ah'll be there to help you when you need it, laugh or cry with you when you do, an' love you forever an' ever."

She then opened her dresser and placed the picture neatly in the drawer. She let out a little laugh as right next to the newly placed picture was an older photo of Applejack when she was a filly around Apple Bloom's age. Reflecting her times as a filly and how she was very much like Apple Bloom was now, she close the drawer and walked out of the room.

"Ah wonder what you're goin' to be when yer my age," Applejack said thoughtfully to herself as she headed outside to help Big Macintosh with the recent apple harvest. The mare was enjoying her sister's past and looking forward to a bright future. And as she promised to the picture, she would be there, constant as the sun and the moon.

The End!

Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 41 )

That was a beautiful endin:pinkiesad2::raritycry:

This was a great read. I loved it!:twilightsmile: Loved it all minus the few grammar errors scattered around.:ajbemused:

Nice ending.

I'm glad Applebloom changed back.

Oh and you might want to place your story on "Complete" as well :pinkiesmile:

The party approves

Lux

924837

Yeah those pesky grammar errors. Some are blatant especially in AJ's or Apple Bloom's dialect (which is hard to think how to type it regularly then flip it to their accent.)

Regarding the spelling and grammar error -- easiest way to spot them is to read the story aloud. Helps you spot the problems. so keep a pencil handy to edit...

Very cute, not sure what the romance tag was for though. :ajsmug:

Lux

I had a plan where Applebloom was going to fall in love with a stallion, thus further making her wonder id she wanted to be a filly again.

Then I realized that even though AB was a mare physically, mentally she was still a filly. This meant she was not yet on the level of serious romance. School yard crush maybe, but not serious romance.

So, knowing this, I removed the Romance tag. I felt that the story was good as a light slightly comedic tale. Romance can be in my other stories.

Nice story. My only qualm is that I'm a bit disappointed with how little Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were actually a part of this story. I guess the cover picture was kind of misleading.

Other than that, I really liked this.

I'm too bored to give it a review, sorry champ. I will say you had some opportunities for some epic ships.

Lux

Ah, but it was not meant for shipping. Just a fun slice-of-life tale.

Lux

A multitude of questions.

Well as for why she thought that her scheme would net her a cutie mark, you have to consider that a cutie mark is a sign of maturity and a discovering of one's talent. So upon knowing that, she thought that if she got older then she'd instantly get her mark.

And protecting AB from the stallions would be a reason, considering she had the maturity mentally of a filly in the body of a mare. so things like dating (beyond what she learned from the Big Mac X Cheerilee episode) would be foreign to her.

Very excellent.:pinkiesmile:

1399926

But how does that help HER FRIENDS get there if she drank the whole thing for herself?

Lux

Well, if she somehow got her mark when growing older, maybe they could the same way. Keep in mind they're fillies and at that age they wouldn't think things through.

I'm gonna come up with an applebloom story myself I think [Applebloom finds Klarth's Pact Rings and Book] anding her finding out she can access the magic in the rings becomming a summoner [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPCfxU9Qwio] [Good or bad idea?

Lux

Go for it!

1412977 Okay I will it will be different wouldn't it?

Lux

Well, it would be different, but keep in mind that it comes down to what you want to write.

1413020 Course I'll start the story small as she is only starting the gain the power [she will start off with the spirit that Klarth first makes a summon pact with [Wind Spirit Sylph]

Good story! Eyup! :ajsmug:

Lux

2586710

You know, I wasn't thinking of that episode when I wrote that part, but I can see the coincidence.

Lux

2742505

Nice.

Well, in the spirit of making a story about Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, there will be one with Sweetie Belle involving magic.

1401691
She probably just went overboard.:twilightsmile:

Good story. This sounded like something that could actually happen in the show.:pinkiesmile:

Lux

2856476

Thanks. I actually got my inspiration from the episode "The Cutie Pox." Since that focused on Apple Bloom's attempts to get a mark (and doing so the wrong way), I thought why not add the age element into it since a cutie mark is a step towards a filly or colt becoming a mare or stallion.

Lux

Woot!

Over 100 likes! Thanks everyone!

My only concern is that almost all of these chapters are in the 300-800 word zone. You should make them longer, so the reader has something more to look forward to. Still a good story! :pinkiehappy:

2967133 And not just the cutie pox, also when Twilight tried to give her a cutie mark with her powers but failed. She DID have one each time for a brief moment.

Lux

3165134

I think her once saying to Apple Bloom that the Apple Family members in general were late bloomers and how AJ was one of the last in her class to get her mark.

Lux

Reached 125 likes!

Thanks for reading!

A miracle that Pinkie Pie didn't even so much as encounter grown-up AB. Also, the character tags are misleading. It should've just been Apple Bloom, the CMC, Zecora, and Applejack. Three of the Mane Six weren't even there, and the other two that were there had very minor appearances. Still, excellent AP (age progression) story. They're my favorites, even though it was woefully short.

Also, it's easier to tell an APed pony than an APed human. Bloom escaped suspicion thank to her extended family serving as an excuse.

I have three things to say. Short, good and Apple Bloom. Not what i expected but on the other hoof i shuld have checked mature for thath, never mind. It was an good but short story. First time? (And if not sorry for asuming so.)

Lux

3559997

It kind of is. I've made a few fanfics before that but not with the length or content as this one.

3564159
i see. Keep up the good work.

Lux

4710972

Thanks for the reply. You're right about the chapter lengths as I don't typically make huge chapters. I divide the chapters up not by word count but by where I think it is a logical place to end a chapter like at the end of a major story point or the end of a scene.

That was very touching and a pretty good concept. My only criticism is the occasional grammar issues, but it's still a good story. I love the relationship between Applebloom and Applejack here

In the farm house Applejack stood in her bedroom looking at the picture of Apple Bloom that she took. It was like looking into the future, seeing how her sister would look in a few short years. She wondered how life would be for Apple Bloom, whether she'd be the same pony she was today full of energy and wonder, or something different. She hoped that she would stay the same but she knew otherwise. Change was inevitible, just like an apple tree going through its seasons.

Just wait until season 9 finale you'd be surprised how far Apple Bloom is right now

Well I would say this was a pretty nice story and it looks like the Cutie Mark Crusaders are back together and it looks like Applejack is looking back at the picture knowing to the future will hold for her sister which again just wait until season 9 she did a very good job herself but anyway this was a very good story there was a couple of spelling error but other than that this was a really good story keep up the good work

Login or register to comment