• Published 12th May 2016
  • 1,693 Views, 20 Comments

Starting Life Anew - Frosty the Batty



Ember, the human, is sent to Equestria via teleportation gone wrong. But instead of meeting the ponies we all know and love, he meets two very young fillies. Both of them with their respective celestial powers.

  • ...
11
 20
 1,693

Part 6

After a quick explanation to Moony and Discord when they asked what I was laughing about. Discord laughed his ass off and Moony went into another one of those cute giggle fits, I know, I was expecting Discord’s ass to literally fall off too.

Anyway, we left the city and I gathered my things and teleport all of us back to Canterlot Castle. Then I set about sorting all my possessions around my new home.

“Listen, Tia.” I move to stare at her. “You don’t have to worry about Chrysalis. She’s no more a threat than a talking potato.” Discord snickered, yep he got that reference joke. “She’s technically out of equestrian territory. Just outside Detrot, I think. Or was it New Mexicolt?” I shake my head. “Never mind that. Just know that she won’t be a problem. I can even make it so that you can talk to her about certain things if you want.”

“I… no. Ember. That won’t be necessary. I am perfectly fine with where she is. Just… inform me if she ever harms one of my little ponies.”

“Got it. Though, with me living here now, I’ll have to start making visits to that city. Speaking of which… Can you recognize as an official city? And possibly create some trade routs?” Tia looked up in thought.

“I could… But, with Queen Chrysalis there… I… I don’t know.” I snort.

“Don’t worry about that, my little princess.” I playfully shot back. “Is it about how your ponies might react if they see changelings buzzing around?” She nodded and I waved my hand dismissively. “I’ll take care of that. You just worry about making that city official.” Just as the last of my belongings settle I remembered something. “Oh! And it’s gonna be named The Province of Winny.” Through the corner of my eyes I saw Discord give me a disapproving look. “Fine, Hellion City.”

“‘Hellion’?” The sisters asked.

“It’s a human word for a troublemaker, much in sense like Discord; the good kind of troublemaker.”

“There is a good kind of troublemaker?” Tia almost sincerely asked, almost. It certainly got me and Moony laughing. Arian even chuckled a bit.

“Celly, that’s the first time I hear a joke from you in a thousand years.” Discord smiled. “Very well executed.”

“Yeah, gotta agree with him there.” I added and she blushed a little. *And Celly’s not a bad nickname either.*

“Ahem, yes, well.” Celly cleared her throat. “I have to return to day court.”

“Alright then, see ya Celly!” Wait… weren’t me and Arian the last ones there?

“Fare thee well sister.”

“And I have to go back to Fluttershy, poor dear must be simply over run with her animal friends.” Discord disappears in a pink cloud. I turn to Arian to ask her what she feels like doing, and find her in her bed already fast asleep. I then turn to Moony. “So how about that offer of taking me along with your night… thing.” Moony puts on a gleeful grin.

“Of course! Let us make haste!”


“So this is the dream world?” I ask Moony and she nods. “And it’s an exact replica of the real world?” She nodded again. “Huh… So do ponies just end up here when they go to sleep or..?”

“It is not that simple Ember. Thou see, when our ponies sleep, their souls, their very essence, travels to this plane of semi-existence to let the body rest. And while here, memories become a powerful force. They can create blissful dreamscapes, and terrible nightmares.”

“... But, what about those kinds of dreams where nothing makes sense? Or if you’re in some place you’ve never seen?”

“Those types of dreams occur here too, Ember.”

“But… Wha..?”

“Allow us to explain; What thou speak of are what happens when a pony’s memories become,abnormally powerful. Be it a nightmare or otherwise. A sort of ‘bubble’, as We like to call it, conjures itself around the soul. From then on it plays out to the pony like any other Dream… this is extremely difficult to explain to a non-dreamwalker...” She mumbled the last part.

“Don’t worry Moony. I think I get it.” I look around once again. “This may be dumb of me to ask, but what made this place? If you know what I mean.”

“We do, Ember. It is astral magic that allows this realm to exist. We know not how this realm was created, nor who or what created it. We have only come as far as manipulating it.” She added.

“Oh… Wait, astral magicl?” Moony nodded again.

“Yes, magic permeates throughout the entirety of thee… Universe, as thou call it.” I was about to ask another question but she beat me to it.

“Despite what thee might think, magic exists in varying forms. For some can call it divine intervention, a direct link to an ancient power, or what thy kind call it, ‘Science’.”

“Oooooh… That vaguely made sense.” Moony made a face. “In a very broad sort of way.”

“Oh. Perfect then.” She smiled. “What would thou like to do while here, Ember?” I think for a bit and shrug.

“Don’t know. I thought there’d be more to this place.” But then a literal light bulb lit up over my head. “But I do have an idea. Can I create one of those bubble things you talked about?”

“We honestly do not know, but tis possible. Just concentrate on what thou wants to create and it should manifest.”

“Oh! Alright, let’s give it a try then...” I close my eyes and envision my old world as I remember it. And jugging from the gasp I heard after a while, I did it right. I reopen my eyes and gaze on in nostalgic glee. We’re in the middle of Time Square, New York.

“Is… is this...” I look over to Moony and has thee most adorable awed face I’ve seen.

“Yup, my old home. I wonder how it’s doing now...”

“... Never have we seen so many… beings in one place.”

“That’s just because this city had over four million people living in it, I think… When I still lived on that planet anyway.” Moony gawks at me.

“Truly thou art deceiving us!” She said disbelievingly.

“Why would I need to lie to my little Princess?” I asked.

“But, if this be true, how many of thou kind reside in thou world?”

“Before I came here… I’d say about eight billion. If remember correctly.” The look on Moony’s face was priceless. Too bad Tia wasn’t here to share the merriment. Wait…

“Moony?” She shook herself from her stupor and regarded me with a curious expression. “Can you get Tia here? She should be asleep shouldn't she?” At that Moony’s face lit up like a star.

“Why yes! You wish to share what thous hast shown us with Sister?” I nod. “How wonderful! We shall bring her at once!” With at Moony blinked out of existence. Only to return a few moments later with Tia and a large cake. It was floating in her aura and she had her mouth opened wide, facing the cake.

It took me half a second to realize what her dream may have been about.

BWAAAAHHAAAHHAAHJAAHHAAAAA!” I let out my classic wheezing laugh that makes me sound like a stereotypical old man. Stereotypical. I’m anything but that stereotype.

*eep* The cutest little squeak I’ve heard came from a very embarrassed Celly. Her mouth closed, her muzzled scrunched up, and her cheeks tinted a nice bright shade of red. If it weren’t for her tall stature I would’ve laughed harder. That face was only cuter when she was a foal.

Not that she wasn’t still my adorable little princess, mind you… Heh, I might as well be their second father...

I heard Moony titter a little bit when I managed to calm myself down a little.

“Hooo… Hohohwahahaha!” The last bits of laughter leave my lips. “Whew, that was funny. I didn’t think you’d become that much of a fan of cakes, Celly.” I wipe a tear from my eye.

“I… Yes...”

“And let me guess; Moony just pulled from some field covered in cakes or something?” Her blush intensified, I laughed some more. But then she decided to pout. “Aww, c’mon Celly. I’m just messin’ with ya.” I walk over to her and put an arm around her withers.

“I know. It’s just… It has been so long, since anypony has joked like that around me, or joked at me at all for that matter.” I sense where this is going and pull my little day princess up for my old patented bear hug. (Patent Pending)

“Shh. It’s ok. I’m back. And I’m not leaving you two again.” I also bring Moony into the hug and they both wrap all of their limbs around. Legs and wings.

We stayed like that for what felt like an eternity, but in a good way. I just wish Discord was here to-

*WHUMP* I felt something slam into me. I look to my right and saw that Discord joined the group hug. But… We’re in a dream…

“Discord?” Celly asked.

“Thee one and only!” He proudly stated.

“What’re you doing here? You knew we were here or something?” I asked.

“More or less.” He answered with a smile. I shrug and file his little, stunt, as ‘Discord being himself’. And basked in the nice, warm embrace.

*Ahem* Discord cut the hug short. “I hope this doesn’t put a damper of the festivities. Buuuuut… Tirek may or may not be out and about.” It took me a full minute to process the words that passed Discords lips. Same could be said for the girls.

Once I fully understood the statement, I very slowly turned to Discord. And if his worried, sheepish face had anything to say, well,

“You helped him, didn’t you?” I said, more as a statement than a question. Discord visibly winced and he hung his head a little.

“He… he tricked me. He made me think we could rule Equestria.”

“Don’t care,” I suddenly said. Rage building to unmanageable levels. “going to kill him, now.” I will myself to wake up, but Discord shouting made me stop.

“You can’t! He’s already absorbed every single pony’s magic! He’ll steal yours too!” I turned just my head to him this time.

“You’re… right. I can't do shit without making it a suicide mission.” I slouch a little. “Then what do we do?”

“Let me handle this.” Discord said, his goat face set on determination mode. “I started this. I can end this.” I shoot him a scrutinizing look.

“... Can I… even trust you?” I ask. Discord flinched. “I know I should, but last time you said something like that...” An image of Discord as a statue briefly flashed in my head. Discord knew what I meant and his body slackened, for lack of a better word.

“I… I know… But… But this time, I won’t fail you three.” His face hardened. “I know I… Bucked up in the past.” He sniffed. “But this time… this time, I will do the right thing.” His paw rest on his chest. Shock briefly registering on his face. The girls didn’t seem to notice though, good for him I guess.

But anyway. I could tell his was being sincere, genuine even. And the slightly pained, expectant look on his face told me he was actually being true to himself and us.

That was all I needed.

I walked up to him and pulled him into a bone-crushing man hug. It lasted in silence before I let go.

“There’s the Discord I know.” I said, smiling. “I’ll go with you no objections.” His widening grin turned into a resigned grimace.

“Alright… Just don’t get close to Tirek, at all. Ok?” I smirked at him.

“No promises.” Everyone kinda chuckled at that. “But seriously.” I said. Noticing their unhappy looks. “I’m going to do everything in my power to absolutely destroy that bastard.”

“You speak as if you know him personally.” Moony said.

“I may have run into him before he went to Tartarus.” I replied. “Not a good time, if you can tell.” I added. Moony nodded slowly. “Now. Let’s do this.” I look to Discord expectantly and he snaps his fingers. Then everything goes white.


My eyes flutter open, the first thing I see. Blue, with dots of white.

Figuring I was laying on the ground somewhere in the open. I get up and look around. I'm back in Ponyville. Why did Discord bring me here?

“Ah, Discord.” Oh, that’s why. I turned to the direction that voice came from. And stare a little in awe at what was before me. There he was, towering over the tallest building of this village.

“Have you already stolen all the pony’s magic?” I heard Discord ask. Since the towering being didn’t notice me I quickly took cover behind a building. Daring to peek from its corner. Discord and Tirek converse for a while. And the gist of what they said was as follows: The plan worked. The ponies won’t stand a chance against them. And me, along with the princesses, were fools for trusting Discord.

fools…

Fools…

FOOLS! Discord said that we were idiots trusting him.

*When I get my hands on both of you I’m tearing you heads off and dump piles of shit down your FUCKING THROATS!* Discord glanced in my direction and smirked. As much as I wanted to just that right then and there. I couldn’t. There was nothing I could do against Tirek as this point. If he stole all my magic from me. I’m good as dead. So all I could do was watch. Watch as those two demons went to town after town, city after city, village after village. Stealing more and more of the pony’s magic. I had no idea why they didn’t start with Ponyville. Bt knowing Discord, he has something planned.

Nothing kept my rage from building though. By the time they started making their way to New Canterlot. Tirek was easily the size of a small mansion. And wisps of flame were dancing around my body. I teleported to Celestia and Luna, namely their throne room. And there they were. Including a third alicorn. I push that train of thought aside.

“He’s coming.” I said ominously. It was at that time I noticed their names weren’t flowing like they usually did. And the three of them were missing their cutie marks. “What happened?” I asked.

“We surrendered our magic to Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia tiredly answered. “She went back to Ponyville.” I nodded and prepared to teleport again.

“Wait.” Moony weakly called out. I canceled the spell I turned to her. “... Be careful.” I felt my tense muscles soften for a second.

“I will.” I went over to my little Princesses and brought them close for another hug…

… And probably the last.

No. I will be back to see them. I will kill Tirek with god as my fucking witness.

… Well, whoever is watching at this point.

I teleport to Ponyville and look for Twilight.


“So what will it be, Twilight; Your friends? Or your magic?” Tirek asked. I couldn't believe what transpired not just a few minutes ago. I spent practically an hour looking for Twilight, failing in the process. Then this fucker shows up and Twilight comes out of her home and fights him. And the fucking battle was something straight out of Dragon Ball Z. Especially when Twilight Kamehameha’d Tirek’s ass.

But the fucker still didn’t go down! He even brought her friends into it! If it weren’t for his ability to steal magic I’ve already would have taken him down six feet under. Or maybe a few hundred.

But when I saw Twilight trade magic for her friends. The same magic that belonged to My. Little. Princesses.

I fucking lost it.

At that moment. The very moment I saw the last of Moony’s and Celly’s magic get swallowed by Tirek. I let my all of my anger take over. The wisps of fiery hatred grew and expanded all over my body. Dimly noted that it changed from its yellow color to a hellish red. Now like a white center that gradients to red. No, the fire that now made up my entire being fully red. No other color but shades of red, I look like a star in the shape of a human.

But anyway, as much as I wanted to admire my new looks, since last time I burst into rage flames they looked like a normal fire. I had some more important things to do. Like murder a certain centaur.

So, without further delaying myself, I launch into the sky with speeds comparable to The Blackbird. Making a spectacular sonic boom wit fire and crap.

I apologize in advance, my memory of events from that point become quite hazy. The only things I remember trading a few blows with Tirek after I socked him hard enough to be sent flying a good while. Then next thing I’m frozen in place.

*Whoa, what? The fuck?* I struggle a bit, then turn to Tirek. The ball of magic lit up in between his horns. *Aww FUCK ME!*

“I must admit, pewny mortal, you gave a good fight. Too bad it had to end so shortly.” I started floating towards him. And struggling turned into flatout writhing. I tried in vain to escape his magical grip. But with all the magic of Equestria running through him. I was powerless. “To think you even had a chance at defeating me? Preposterous!” He bellowed.

*No! No! This isn’t how it ends! It’s not how…* The flames winked out. Reverting back to my original form. All I could do was sit there and wait until he took my magic. *No…* Images of Moony and Celly flitted through my head. *No…* Their tired, scared looks bore into me. *No…*

“Be careful...” Moony’s now last words rang in my mind as Tirek started draining me of my magic. That probably would’ve been painful if I was still lucid…

*I’m sorry Celly. I’m sorry Moony. I… I failed you…* That was my last coherent thought before I slipped into whatever afterlife the ponies have.


White. Nothing but white. Everything was one shade of white.

*Am I in heaven?*

“Not quite.” I twist this way and that. Looking for the source of the voice. I then realized I’m standing on something, my body back to before I changed to an anthro. Blue, jeans, Niner’s shirt and all. “Over here.” I heard a giggle. When I finally saw who spoke, I felt my jaw drop.

There were two Alicorns, one stallion and one mare. Both having pristine white fur. While the stallion had black, curly hair with streaks and white and grey that drooped over his face with grey eyes. The mare had stock red hair that look remarkably like Twilights. Stopping right at the forehead, with bright blue eyes that go well with her colors. A quick glance showed a red gradient feather dipped in an inkwell for the mare. And a pencil atop two papers; one with cartoon writing, the other with a drawing of a familiar looking head. Looked like some character with small ponytails on each side of what I assume is her head.

“Ah, we finally meet the at last. Ember.” Redhead said.

“Um, yeah.” I said, not very certain whether it’s a good thing or not. “But, how do you know me?”

“We have been watching you for quite some time Ember.” The stallion answered.

“Bwuh… how? And why?” I sputtered. How were they watching me? How do I know they’ve been watching me?

“That one is quite simple to answer.” Reddy suddenly said. “How else would we be sure our daughters were in good hooves? Or hands, given the circumstances.” What?

“Wait, daughters? Who...” Alicorns… plus Celly and Moony, plus huge white room. Oh… Oh. “You’re their parents?” I breathed. They nodded. “Oh, wow, ok. Well, it’s nice meeting you two as well.” I walk up to them and hold out my hand. Taking the hint that shake hooves to hand with me. “Alright, now that’s not awkward for me… Uh, names?” I haphazardly asked. I still get it through my head that I’m talking to Celly and Moony’s parents! Holy crap! But that also means… oh…

“Oh! How could we forget! My name is Lauren Faust.” The newly named mare introduced herself.

“And you can call me Craig McCracken. Or Craig, for short.” The stallion smirked at Lauren. She just smiled playfully back at him.

“And we both know why you’re here.” Lauren said upon seeing my saddened state. “But, it is for that same reason that we decided to bring you to this specific area.”

“What?”

“We wanted to speak to you privately.” Craig clarified.

“Oh.”

“And we firstly wanted to say thank you. For taking care of our girls. You have no inkling as to how much we appreciate it.” That got me to smile a bit.

“Oh, I don’t know. I might have an idea.” They chuckled. But their features quickly became somber, so did I.

“I think you should tell him already, honey.” I heard Craig whisper to Lauren.

“Tell me what?” I perked up slightly, and Lauren kind of glared at Craig.

“We shall give you a second chance.” She declared.

“Oh… ok… Wait. What!?” At first I thought it was gonna be something negative! The hell!?

“She said we’re gonna send you back to the living.” Craig, once again, clarified. I took me a couple seconds, or minutes, or maybe half an hour, to process what they said.

“... Why?” I finally ask.

“Think of it as repayment for caring for our girls for so long. And there’s a bit of a surprise in it too. I think you and the girls will like it.” At that I frown. Despite the sheer of overloading joy that flooded my senses.

“What surprise? If you’ve watched me as long as you have then you should know I’m not a big fan of surprises.”

“D’oh, fine.” Craig smiled. “We’re making you an alicorn. Mostly to rekindle our race.” When he said I gapped. Mostly because there were already four alicorns. But then I thought, ‘Eh, fuck it.’ And nodded in barely restrained glee. But there were still a few questions I had to ask. And one request.

“This is all extremely wonderful. Thank you. But do you mind if I ask a few questions?”

“Of course not! We have all the time you need.” Answered Lauren.

“Alright,” I nodded. “What happens to Tirek?”

“Oh, we’ll take of him, don’t worry about that.” Craig answered.

“Good.” Smile. “What of Discord?”

“He has been reformed.” Lauren stated matter-of-factly. “He has been even before he went to go warn you. You should really put more trust in him.” She chided. “Even though he did go behind your back at first.”

“I know, I’ll work on that.” I scratch the back of my neck. “Anyway, one last thing. Since I’m going back. Can be a ghost for a bit?” Both god-alicorns flinched in a surprised way. Cocking their heads back while staring wide-eyed.

“Uh… t’uh…” Heh, caught them off guard pretty good. “... Why?” Lauren asked.

“I’ve always wanted to know what’s like being a ghost ever since I meet a few haunting an ancient house a couple years ago. And I don’t want it to be permanent. Just a day or two, please?” I put on the most pleading face I could muster. Both alicorns considered and looked at each other. Almost as if they were talking to each other telepathically.

“... We shall grant you this request.” Lauren said when they finished deliberating. “Just one day thought. Luna and Celestia are planning your funeral in two days.”

“All the time I need. And what’ll to my body in the meantime?” Man, I’m already getting pretty uncomfortable. And juding from their faces they aren’t all too happy talking about it either.

“... Your body… shriveled up like a dying flower when Tirek stole your magic. And it wasted away like one too...”